2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 187
Page 187 of 271 FirstFirst ... 87137177184185186187188189190197237 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good afternoon, all.
    Rona-I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family. Went to an I Do BBQ last night with a group of theatre people. What a blast!

Today:
    1) Taught my theatre class
    2)Doing laundry

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hikr, I was LOL at all the sobbing but big hugs to you for being such a caring person. I'm glad it was a semi-happy ending for all involved, especially Petsy.

FW, the slate weighs, as near as I can find out, 600-800 pounds. There's zero chance Husby and I can handle it. I've also read that pool table slate doesn't make good flagstones, in part because it's so smooth and therefore slippery when wet. I just hope we can break it up.

Rona, I'm sorry about the loss of your loved one. I hope you'll find a way to attend the service.

It's been a busy day here. Everything in town took twice as long as it should have thanks to some idiot who planned a marathon and managed to screw up every main street in town, causing tons of backtracking and irritation. Everywhere we went, people were complaining about it. At one intersection, some volunteer who obviously wasn't from around here told us if we wanted to go to Shopko, we should park in the DQ parking lot and walk. Yeah, sure, and who is going to drag the three twelve packs of pop and forty cans of cat food we planned to buy a block and a half for us? Then she gave us incorrect instructions how to get there going around the back, which meant driving all the way to the other end of town to a place we could see from where she was standing. Good thing we know our way around without the 'help' of people who don't have a clue what they're talking about. Everyone in town was grumpy, starting with the people we talked to at businesses whose customer access had been cut off. Events like a marathon are supposed to help the economy of a town, not hurt it. We couldn't even get into town without problems because they had completely closed a road that intersects with our road, and had barricades up on our road at that intersection. The volunteers told us to go ahead and drive and share the narrow winding road with the runners by driving on the wrong side of the road, but to be aware that there would be oncoming traffic, and then we'd have to pull over. Like where? The ditch? Crazy. It was the stupidest thing we've ever seen in this town. I hope they get someone in charge next year who can do a better job of planning.

With a bunch of hassle, we were able to get to a propane company in town that was refilling 20-pound LP tanks for $5 each. Can't beat that. We don't do business with them but we might start, which I'm sure is the goal of their discounts and open house today. We haven't been happy for several years with the LP company we've used for 25 years.

Going to garage sales was a nightmare but we still had fun. We found another TV wall shelf for $3 yet again, for our garage, so we shouldn't need any more of those. I was hoping to find a stand or shelf for plants out in the cabin, and came across an old Singer treadle sewing machine table. It was the right size and they were asking $10, but the veneer was badly damaged and it was pretty dirty. I looked it over and liked it in spite of its condition, but I really didn't want another project. There was another sale across the street, so we went to that and I thought it over while we looked at the other sale. I concluded I really liked the little sewing machine table and it was the right size and the right price, and shouldn't be too bad of a project. The seller had made it known they were really hoping to sell everything and would consider any offers, so I started to make an offer. The guy said yes before I even gave him an amount! LOL. He really didn't want to have to deal with it, just wanted it gone! I gave him $5 and had him throw in a three-foot aluminum yardstick for my sewing room that was marked $1. There was no machine in the cabinet which is great for me, and it looked pretty rough, but I love the bones and it's the right size. The drawers are in good shape so I'll have a tiny bit of storage in it. When we got it home, I washed the metal parts. I was planning to glue the veneer back down but that quickly proved impractical, so we stripped off both layers and removed some damaged wood parts. It looks 100% better already. I still have to sand it and put a couple parts back together, then I'm going to paint it. The veneer on the bottom is also coming off but I can glue and clamp that easily, so will do that tomorrow too. It's going to be really cute when it's done and should be the right size. I'm kind of excited about it because it won't be the usual ho-hum shelf but something unique. I'll take a picture when it's done, hopefully by the end of next week but then you know how so many of my good intentions turn out.

So we didn't get any work done on the cabin. The past few days have been weird in that we usually set some goals and work towards them, but this time around we're working, but not so much on the goals.

Husby has wheel envy. I was literally ROFL at him because I bought a wheeled mechanic's stool Thursday during the last big shop. He said he didn't think we'd ever use it. I, OTOH, knew wed be using it all the time. So when we got home with the sewing machine cabinet and got it into the garage, the first thing I did was get the stool out of the box and assemble it, which took about five minutes. So while I'm rolling around the cabinet stripping veneer, he's in his wheel-less lawn chair that he has to get up and move every time he wants to make a tiny change in position. I'd roll, he'd frown, and it just cracked me up. I suspect next time we get to the big box, another wheeled stool will find its way into our garage. I do love me a good tool, and this stool is the best tool I've bought in a long time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-fine I give up,the pool table dies!! lol

We went to a small town street fair and it was nice. The town has an old mill w/ Museum upstairs so that kept Dh occupied. I scored an invite for DD w/ the ladies who make rugs w/ an old fashioned loom. IDK if she still would want to do it but she was dying years ago. Plus if she can find the time. It would be after her 1 more Renaissance Days weekend.
    We hit a farm market and I scored some tomatoes for $3.50 priced $5.00 at the other market. We petted tons of dogs,caught up w/ a dog rescue that had divided off one I used to work at 15 yrs. ago. Went to a grill at a bar and got the worst hamb. EVER!! lol, went to a couple of bad garage sales and drove back. It was a nice day in the sunshine we needed.

Got the rotting railroad tie out and trashed it. 40,000 insects now seeking new employment!
    Wanted to burn brush and old paperwork but burning is next week.
    need to clear out some clutter pile up tomorrow.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning!

SD All of my sobbing was kind of funny once I got a grip on myself. My emotions went from an extreme low to an extreme high. And all I could do was cry. Poor DH. Thankfully he knows how I am with and about animals so he just handed me tissue and patted my back. Bottom line is Petsy has a warm and loving home and receives plenty of food and attention but I think his owner should keep him inside so as not to freak out the tourists. LOL! I am also very relieved that I didn't follow my first instinct which was to load him in the car and take him with me. I'd have stolen that man's beloved pet! Can you imagine how heartbroken he'd have been had he not been there for Petsy's last days?

I cracked up at your DHs wheel envy! That is hilarious. Good luck with the pool table. Yay for new LP delivery! I can't wait till we can unload our company. We ran out twice last year (this year we should be living in the house so we'll know right away whether it's running low or not so hopefully this year we won't have issues). We have one more year with them I think?

Rona I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you can find a way to attend the service.

GB I forgot you had asked a few posts back about where we all lived. I live in Maine near the coast. I was born here and have never left (and don't plan on leaving either!). It's always nice to visit other places but Maine (for me) just gets in your blood and I can't imagine being anywhere else.

FW yes, probably had I come across your cat I might have thought the same thing as Petsy. And I bet anyone that came across our cat with the thyroid issue they'd have thought the same thing. Our cats have always been strictly indoor pets. Although with ours the bone cancer took him before he got as thin at Petsy was.

ILC I hadn't thought about diabetes in the cats but yes, I can imagine Sissy lost weight with that. The woman on the phone that knows Petsy and his owner told me he used to be enormous till the thyroid kicked in. But I guess with his age they just haven't been able to get it balanced enough to stop the weight. He eats every couple of hours but can't keep the weight on. Our old cat was on thyroid meds too. We had a pet pharmacy that we'd get them from. He was awful at taking pills so I had it made in a liquid fish flavored form. That stuff smelled so bad but he loved it. I'd pull the bottle of the fridge and he'd be at my feet in a hot second waiting. LOL. You are so right, the things we do for our fur babies <3

Hi Pinetree, Ayanka, Niko, Rabbit and Bernice (and anyone I missed!)

We are heading out to go apple picking with the grands. It's a beautiful day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm jealous of all of you with sunshine! The temps are great here but all we're having is rain and/or clouds. We did get a little sun yesterday late in the afternoon but it faded quickly. Oh well, at least it's not hot.

For Sunday:

1) Church and breakfast DONE
    2) Go through coupons
    3) Put away clean laundry
    4) Reset downstairs
    5) Cook a good Sunday meal
    6) Enjoy some reading

Have a lovely day, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC--We have sunshine, but also humidity. You would be on the next plane home. Have a good day.

Had a rough night. My eye wouldn't stop moving, so I didn't sleep much. Banged my hand on my washing machine this morning and my laundry room looked like something out of American Horror Story. Not much happening today. Didn't go to church. Feeling a little off. Gotta do a little ironing today so I can clean house tomorrow. Have a restful Sunday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL. FW, I've tried and tried for about two years now to figure out how we could move this pool table, or repurpose it, or make it movable, or find more space for it, and for months now, how to just get rid of it. The biggest problem in this town is no one has space for it. Several people would have taken it but either couldn't figure out how to get it into a space that was big enough, or couldn't find enough space in their houses. I watched how those three huge, young, strong guys who moved that slate into our house struggled with it, and I know there's just no way Husby and I could handle it alone. My worst nightmare is that we'd try and then get badly hurt, or hurt one of the pets, or damage something in or on the house because it would start to fall and we wouldn't be able to stop it. I've tried for a long time to figure out if I could build a dolly or some other mechanism to move it by ourselves, and there just isn't anything I can come up with. Another problem is a dolly would have to pass through a space less than thirty inches wide at one point, and that's not good either for lots of bodies that would be needed to carry it, or a dolly that would need to be wider than that to be as stable as it should be. And we're worried about liability a little bit, too. If someone got hurt moving that thing out of here, we could end up paying for it. We've tried our best to donate it and just give it away, and haven't had any luck, so we're okay with just dumping it. It's not like we're losing money throwing it out. It's just the work of getting that slate broken up and not knowing if that's even going to be possible that has us concerned at this point.

Hikr, I should have clarified I was LOL after I got done reading about Petsy, not at the beginning of the story. I felt bad for the poor abandoned starving kitty, too! It'll be up to Husby if we switch LP providers, because he'll be dealing with all that.

We might have found another tree guy, too. The guy we bought the sewing machine from also cuts trees. He's supposed to call next week to come and see what we want done, so I hope he follows through. We can't move the camper and therefore can't work on the greenhouse till those trees are cut, and can't move the HydroBikes up off the shoreline and therefore can't pull the dock in till the same trees are cut. They're about to come down and we don't dare park our stuff there till they're down. I've heard the sound of a gigantic potato chip crunching once when a tree dropped on our boat, and never want to hear that again! Husby's all hot to cut those two or three trees over that parking pad but that concerns me. He doesn't realize what he doesn't know about felling trees. He can have enough fun cutting them up once they're on the ground.

ILC, we have sun, wind, and warm temps. I wish it wasn't windy because this could very well be the last nice weekend to get out on the lake, but it's no fun with whitecaps.

GB, sorry about your hand. I hope you can get better rest tonight and your eye behaves.

Still can't get excited about doing any work today. I can't believe how we've hit the wall on all these projects. It's just been too long a summer with no real breaks. All we want to do lately is nap and putter when we should be doing real work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My daughter and her family live in Rhode Island.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Afternoon,

Hi to everyone, I am busy watching the Viking game,, whooo hooo Fran was on earlier ( tarkenton), I think he is the world's best Old quarterback, SD you should be watching too!!

I hooked up the shampoo part of the kirby yesterday and cleaned carpets!! Oh Man the cat hair!! It smells So good and looks so much better, but I am kinda pooped out today, so taking a day off to rest, will go again tomorrow..

I have sunshine and temp of 90* no humidity. sorry ILC

Take care and have a fantastic day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Vikings are on, but I'm not paying a lot of attention. I did hear earlier that Fran was there. The announcers on the game just asked 'where's Ragnar?' Poor Ragnar. I hope he can get his job as mascot back. He lives here and he's a nice guy. Why are you watching the game?

We're putzing and tinkering again. I'm just taking a little break and playing around with the 'free' laptop. We got the third blind installed, so there's one left. There's a bunch of stuff in front of that window so I'm not putting it up today. We finally got the stuff left from the sale out of the truck and put away for winter. We'll try to sell that in the spring. We did get the entry door adjusted so that should take care of the mouse problem in the entry out here. That half of the building was never installed level and everything in it is badly out of square. That door has needed adjustment for a long time but I thought it would be a way worse job than it was. It took less than ten minutes. Silly us. Now Husby is repairing the damage we had a couple years ago when a tree fell on the back porch of the cabin and broke the cap rail and the three safety rails. Again, why'd it take so long? We're dumb that way.

We moved some stuff around in the cabin and cleared some more space in my office. I have about three boxes yet to sort plus the picture frames, and then this place should be in fairly good shape. I won't know what picture frames to get rid of till I go through all our completed needlework and see what's sitting around waiting to be framed, so I could be stuck with those boxes for a while. But I should be able to clear out everything else before too long. I'll have small projects like the glider rocker, plant shelf that goes on the wall, installation of pictures and bulletin boards, and the sewing machine cabinet that'll keep me busy out here for a while to come, but it's still vastly improved out here and starting to look like the professional office it used to look like. At least it will be a calm, un

I moved the bookshelves with glass door back where it was, and I'm already hating it again. I'll have to think about what I'd like there instead. Maybe nothing. It's right inside my office door between the door and my desk and it would be nice just to walk in and not have to dodge anything.

Not what we planned to do these past four days, but progress nonetheless.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

didnt sleep well last night and neother did Dh w/ all our stress. Had a very odd dream and was up at 3:33 just to be "climactic". I been wiped out most of the day. DH moved that collosal dresser upstair. The thing is ridiculous.

Trying to figure out dinner. We are watching Znation again as a geek treat.
    Dmom is feeling better. She goes up and down so fast. Glad her appt. is Tues. but DD works and DH has a job interveiw so little dog should have a fit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD your spot on about not moving the pool table yourself, it's something that sounds like it's heavy enough to do damage.
    GB hope you got a better nights sleep last night.
    Pinetree hope you relaxed on your day off.

Hello to everyone else

I have all the morning jobs done, just about to sit down and do my knee exercises and have a cuppa , after that I have some more bits to do at home. A friend gave me some daffodil bulbs - she had bought a 25kg bag to put into a field and grow them for cancer charities & arrived this morning with a small bag for me

Other than that still to do:
    2 loads of washing to hang and another 3 to do
    Hoover & sweep the downstairs
    Lunch will be ginger & chicken noodle soup
    Dinner will be a veg curry, think I have all the spices although I might be running low on cumin so could be a change.
    Bake - banana bread, scones, buns & maybe bread (soda, yeast)
    I've had one of my wee dogs spayed, so she's away to the vets today to have her stitches out.
    School runs & homework.
    Lot of practice with my physio exercises.

Hope everyone has a lovely Monday, it's sunny with a good breeze here so I'm away to hang out some clothes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Monday, everyone!

Stayed up too late last night reading but it was worth it. Woke up this a.m. thinking it was a stay-at-home day till I remembered Bible Study Fellowship tonight, then DH reminded me of some errands we planned. So tomorrow I hope to be at home, since it's going to be storming anyway.

For Monday:

1) Reset downstairs
    2) Finish putting away clean laundry
    3) Continue with setting out some autumn decor
    4) Aldi, etc.
    5) Bible Study 6:15
    6) Menus for the week

Have a safe and productive day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi ILC
    Storming here already so inside organizing day and clutter clearing. After lunch though.

everyone have a good day. Off to get food and start

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not feeling my best will check in when I do I have the flu.hugs to all