2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 188
Page 188 of 271 FirstFirst ... 88138178185186187188189190191198238 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took a spin on the bike this AM and saw three loons in the distance. They won't be around much longer. The trees around the lake are turning colors and it was pretty through the fog and mist. The water was barely rippling, so it was an easy and relaxing ride. The lake is really low now since it's fall so it was a worse battle than usual to get my bike back on shore. I have to solve the problem over winter because it's been five weeks since I've gone out and that's why, when I was going out almost every day before we put the ramps in. My wrists just can't take yanking that bike up the ramps. We can't do without the ramps, so I'm back to the idea of sticking a winch on the FD's fence post and hoping they won't mind. I did find out one of the contractors who built the two additions that became our cabin and also built the back porch and front additions on this house does something with the FD, so if I call him I'm sure I'll get a response instead of just calling the FD number in the book, which is just voice mail. I don't want to do anything down there that would interfere with anything the FD needs or wants to do, and there isn't space on that spot to put in another post.

The juncos are scratching around out in the yard now. Winter's coming!

Ta-done:
    ~3,500 steps and counting. I'm not moving off this couch till my Fitbit is charged though, because I need to count every step today.
    ~lilies in pails all moved over to the new spot they'll be transplanted to.
    ~WW cookbooks rounded up so I can select something to make today for the freezer and maybe for supper.
    ~rain barrel moved to a better winter location.
    ~garden hose draining so it can be put away later for winter.
    ~both birdbaths put away for winter.
    ~439,627 mosquitoes slapped.

To-do:
    ~dishes. There's never any end, but I guess I can't complain about eating well.
    ~figure out supper.
    ~figure out WW food for the entire day.
    ~write at least one hour.
    ~maybe defrost big freezer, finally. It doesn't look like there's ever going to be a good time for it.

I'm determined to get back to losing weight. There, I've said it, and I hope I don't make a liar out of myself again. So today is Get Back On Track Day, again. I need to use my all-day bento. That works so great for me I can't understand why I ever let myself get out of the habit, but it's time to change that.

Happy Monday, everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Om, Thats Horrible!! Its too early for the flu!! You poor thing, get alot of rest and check in when you can!! Hey, did you get a whopping cough shot? They are saying here to get one if you are around babies? Just wondering about there. Take it easy!!

Rona, Thanks! I did rest yesterday.. kinda felt guilty for some reason. Boy you are sure busy!!

FW, You OK? I know you are stressed out, way more than anyone needs, you have gotten kinda quiet, take care and everyone is praying for your son. Try to relax alittle, yea I know, its easy to say.

ILC, whoa, you are really getting busy too! Take it easy, watch your blood pressure!! I'm trying to give you an excuse!!! Whats for dessert today? You make such yummy things!! What kind of storm?

GM, hope you are healing up nicely, Hoping you got some sleep last night, take care!

SD, Thanks for taking RABBITS bike out, she likes having it ridden once in awhile to keep the cobwebs out of it! hahaha, any one taking my yellow one for a ride??? lol Sounds like it time to get them out of the water, I dont like when the lake water goes down and your'e deaing with mud. Its just SO nice to be on the lake when it cools off.

I have been a Viking fan since 1973, when I was visiting inlaws in Minnesota, we use to go up to Mankato to watch them practice, Thats when they played in the cities, 100 yrs ago. I fell in love with Fran and his purple people eaters then, still wear his sweatshirt!! He was on yesterday, he blew the horn, then did an interview, mosty about superbowl being up there in 2 yrs, he still looks pretty good. Hope they get their new place built by then!!

Hi to hikr, Niko, Jen, RABBIT, Ayanka, Bernice and any one else I forgot.

Took it easy yesterday, DS took alot of pictures of the blood Moon last night, we watched most of it, amazing, I wonder what people thought 1000 yrs ago.

Its cooler here today, but back in the 90's tomorrow, they say snow in the mountains this weekend, the ski resorts are making snow so its not far off. sob...

went to the kids house and checked out their new salt tank, its big, 90 gallon, its going to be beautiful. Got in some exercise, but I was tired so my oxygen kept dropping. Funny how being alittle tired can effect a person..

MY dear mother in law called , we had a nice 3 hour visit, I wish we lived closer, she lives in the middle of Nebraska, and is getting older too, shes 82 now and still living on her own!

Today
    exercise, done
    put dishes away, done
    make a salad
    finish out a job

Have a wonderful day.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-I'm hanging in there mostly. My Dmom is 83 and ditto. 84 in Dec. actually.
    Thanks for the prayers.
    Trying to keep the faith.

SD-where do they migate? I would be so creeped out w/ the water and the fog. Like Stephen King w/ the Fog and the giant insects where it comes across the lake.lol

My dogs are going nuts w/ the tree guy cutting the 6 trees next door. I am getting sick of the chipper but I just keep saying 2 days at most.
    I was kinda comical yesterday w/ the guy. He was young and ran his giant truck on our lawn and just ripped right over several orange stakes. We have them up because the neighbor has big parties and such plus the lawn service made a heck of a rut last year. DH was so funny. He limps on out telling the guy all about the 3 yrs. he has been working on it. I think the kid moved it so fast so he would Shut it. This is the best year of lawn in 21 years though. And all those chemicals and seed aren't cheap.
    I was hoping his fixing doesnt break anything we have already done.

Off to try and nap. Need to make up for lack of sleep and nighmares yesterday and the day before.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sweet dreams FW, take it easy. Is your Mo doing ok? MIL is doing great, she can do more than I can, well guess thats not saying much huh, lol, But ya know what? so can your DM!!

SD, those birds dont come here, never have seen one, they are cute tho, look like our field sparrows. We have blackbirds flying in, they go down to New Mexico and Texas.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just went through a big stack of WW cookbooks and don't have a clue what's for supper. How can I look at hundreds of recipes and nothing looks good? Maybe I'll just make some low point coleslaw and throw some turkey burgers on the grill and call it good.

Got a load of dishes washed though, so there's something.

Still need to go write. I've actually been looking forward to that all day but exercise and food have to be my first and second priorities. I have to get back into the writing habit, and the only way to do that is to do it for a few weeks in a row. It's going to be great being back in my cabin working over winter. I want to have at least one ms. ready to submit by spring, and I'll have to really work to make that happen since I'm so out of practice writing fiction.

Pinetree, that's one nice thing about our difficult lakeshore, at least we don't have mud. Way too rocky. I suspect Husby will want to take the bikes out tonight unless the tree guy calls.

We lived in Mankato in 1975 so Husby and our friends used to go watch practice. I'll never forget our friend Gary coming back to our apartment and saying in awe that he had touched the same pop machine of one of his idols. Too funny!

FW, if you mean the loons, I think they migrate to Texas or Florida or something. Somewhere warm, anyway. I guess I don't really know. I don't know where the juncos go, either. They pass through here spring and fall, so we know it's going to warm up in the spring when they're here, and that it's colder up north and cold is headed our way when they're here in the fall.

It was more mist than fog this AM, really pretty.

A chipper isn't nearly as bad as a well rig! Hope the noise stops soon for you though. It can be annoying, especially if the dogs are barking and won't settle.

Pinetree, we love the juncos. They're so cute and so round.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I have had the same problem with suppers lately, nothing sounds good, its weird, all the meats, stockpile and I cant find anything good!!

I usually end up with a salad, sliced chicken on top, or zucchini with onion, garlic, and aliitle parm. cheese, tomatoes on the side.

Dh went to the store, I was having leftovers, maybe have something grilled, w/ mac and cheese for the guys. To tell you the truth a big piece of cheese cake sounds good!!

Those birds are cute, ours stay here, well the little ones, I had to look your up, I think our loons stay all winter too, but not sure. The geese go north and they havent came back down yet.

Well, I dont think I could handle rocks having a boat, they are kinda hard on them, the mud is bad enough!

I use to love Mankato, user to pick up the oil for the boat up there, only had to be out of there before the heat moved in. We usually went up in Oct, Nov. then some times had a hard time getting home, because of all the snow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

yes loons not Juncos. We have them. I think of all I like the turfted titmouses. So sweet and hop,hop,hop.
    The saws are still going. The dogs are jumping above the fence and scaring the guys. I hate the clunks as they drop the lg. chunks. The grinders are like a background nerve wrecker. So glad this is happening before the little guy start HW treatemtn and needs to remain quiet. Kinda sad watching the trees go.

Slept for a few hours even through the racket. Thats how you know your very tired.
    No word from Ds this weekend. Not too surprised.
    All I did was clear most of my desk. No smiley sticker today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, same here, thousands of recipes sitting in my cookbooks, tons of food in three freezers and a walk-in pantry, and nothing appeals. It's embarrassing, really. I dug up our few Yukon Gold potatoes, so now I'm thinking fresh-fried potatoes with onion and broccoli, and maybe SPAM and eggs to go with it. Lots of health food there! LOL.

I was writing, but then the tree guy showed up. He can take down some of our trees but some have to be climbed and then cut, and he can't do those. Some the power company can come and cut on their dime, not ours. So we have to get another tree guy who does climb and the power company and maybe the guy who was here today, depending on what the climbing guy wants to cut the simpler trees. Husby's making noise about cutting the ones over the parking pad so we can move the trailers out of our way. Of course in his opinion the trailers aren't in the way.

At any rate, it's nice to be back in my office.

The rocks aren't a problem for the HydroBikes. They only need a foot of water for draft, so they're not going to hit stuff. But the rocks are why we need the ramps. It was fine when the lake was higher in the spring but not now. The rocks where we have to bring the bikes up are like a straight wall about a foot and a half high, and banging the bikes against and over that wasn't good, so I'm glad I finally thought of a way to make the ramps.

We have lots of little birds that winter over, too, plus the usual blue jays and woodpeckers. We love the chickadees and nuthatches. They've both been at the new peanut feeder I made for them and it seems to be working out nicely. Glad I didn't pitch those two hummingbird feeders I made the peanut feeder from. It was close. I had them in my hands aiming for the trash can and then an idea came from nowhere to put them together and make the peanut feeder. I like how it turned out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC hope that storm doesn't come your way today & if it does stay warm & safe !
    FW same to you
    OM hope your feeling better.
    SD had to look up what a loon was & is this where the term crazy as a loon come from? Just what do those birds get up to??? Bike on a lake, will have to google that one You sound like a you're have a productive mosquito filled day!!! I know what you mean about the weight I've just piled on a stone with being fairly inactive over my knee, who knew double digging in the garden burned so many calories. I'm going to have see if I can do more from a chair that doesn't weight bear on the knee.

Pinetree why are we so mean to ourselves? I took a day off over the summer - it was just me, a flask of tea, book and the hammock & at the end you would've swore i'd killed and buried someone that's how guilty I felt?? Here is to guilt free off days, after all they are good for the mind & body. Like you, we had a wonderful view of the blood Moon, saw it with the kids on the way back from visiting the in-laws, beautiful! We got up for the view at 3am!!! You sound like you really enjoy your MIL, I love calling to mine, in nearly 19 years she has never made me fell unwelcome

Hiya to Hikr, Ayanka,Grammer & everyone else

I couldn't bake yesterday as my lovely DH gave my nice fresh eggs to the dogs as a wee boost! So I made my first (small) round of jam, 6 jars of Spiced Apple Then I made some spelt tortillas to go with the Indian dish.

So far so done:
    Books with girls
    Fed and watered Kids & animals
    School run
    Checked on Da
    Dressed Beds
    Had a visitor for a couple of hours - love to see this woman coming.

Still to do:
    Get Dinner on the crock pot
    Sweep and Hoover the downstairs
    Tidy Kitchen
    Take Da into the village to pick up his car
    School Runs
    Homework
    Feed everyone & washup/tidy kitchen
    More Jam/Baking see what I'm able to do
    Exercise as much as possible
    Laundry, Oh how could I forget that....

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday
    Last edited by Rona; 09-29-2015 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Remove most of the happy faces, it looked like I had a problem!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hey all. Taking Dmom to the Gyno so I will be back later this afternoon. Hope everyone has a great day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hadn't thought of that. .. feeling better. Stomach flu.. today
    Laundry, dishes floors ..
    All done..
    Hugs to all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om, glad you're feeling better! But take it easy anyway. Don't overdo.

No grandbaby yet?

SD, our pastor said Sunday that it takes 66 days in a row of doing something to really make it an ingrained habit. So, 66 days of writing every day?

fw, praying for your son. Hope your mom has a good appointment. And I hope your sleep habits get better. I slept till 10 this morning and it felt great.

Rona, lots of rain but no storms yet. If we can get through Saturday the forecast is for sunshine, highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s. It seems like forever since we had a sunny day.

pinetree, I still haven't made cheesecake! I want to lose 8 pounds and DH has his annual checkup in November and he wants to lose some weight too so I've cut back on the desserts. DS is supposed to come home for this weekend so I plan on making him a pumpkin pie (he loves anything pumpkin) and maybe cheesecake.

Hi to everyone else! Ayanka, Gbug, Jen, Niko, etc...

I'm so jealous of everyone getting to see the Blood Moon/Supermoon/Lunar Eclipse! It was totally cloudy here and we saw nothing, and it won't happen again till 2033!

For Tuesday:

1) Vet 3:00 for Sophia. She's 14, has lost a lot of weight but eats voraciously, so I'm thinking maybe diabetes. Whatever it is, she needs to be checked.
    2) RSVP to tea invitation DONE
    3) Send a birthday card out DONE
    4) End-of-month finances
    5) Revise weekly menus
    6) Bible study homework
    7) General reset of downstairs
    8) Finish with autumn decorations

Have a great Tuesday, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finally set to have the lumbar puncture next Monday. My weekend was not so good. Been really down, but hope this helps. Got my house cleaned slowly yesterday, but not doing much today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rona, wtg on making your jam! Glad you got to see the blood moon, it was at 8pm here, and only a whispy cloud here and there.
    I love my MIL, she was SO good to m FIL, actuallty its my step MIL, they were only married 24 yrs. they were both hoping for 25 but Dad just couldn't hang on that long. FIL was a very little man with a huge heart, I loved him dearly. and miss him horribly.
    I dont know why its so hard to take a day off, we need to learn how tho!!

ILC, I'm so sorry you didnt get to see the Moon! It was amazing, to say the least, did you get to see pictures?
    I hope you baby is Ok, let us know shes ok!!
    I forgot your son and I are pumpkin lovers!! I'm looking for a good recipe for a good solid pie filling with no crust. Enjoy having him home, wait, isn't he moving back in with you? How are you doing? Is that hurricane suppose to get you, or farther north? Boy I'm really with it huh?
    Good Luck on losing your 8 lbs! Wanna do the exercise show with me? See if you can get, christian fitness I'll look too. I need a partner to work with me.

OM, gald you are feeling better, take it easy, its easy to over work your self and feel worse!

FW, Let us know how your DM is. How are you doing? did alittle sleep help? Thinking about you...

SD, can you put up the bikes for Rona again? Maybe when you take them out of the water, yep I'm asking for you to do more work!! Did you find dinner? We had manwich, mac and cheese and a big salad. tonights another story.. maybe burritos... yep that sounds good.

GM, Go slow, praying your test comes out good. Its like everyone told me, the work will be there tomorrow, you are more important right now, aren't these ladies great!! Take care...

Hi to everyone I didnt get to!

I am SO sore!! been exercising, everyday, oh my back pockets hurt SO bad!! My muscles feel like they are completely gone!! My legs are like rubber, but I am going to do them for the next, what did you say ILC,, the next 66 days!! holy cow, that sounds like forever!! My family justs laughs at me,,, lol
    MIL talked me into making hot pads from yarn, so Dh picked me up some yarn, I found a crochet needle, so we will see what I can do.

Today
    pick up, put away living room
    work on yarn for alittle bit
    pay bills
    check grocery sales.

Have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rona, here's some pics of the HydroBikes. We got them about a year ago, so this was our first summer using them. We've had so much fun!

We have common loons here. There are different kinds in different areas but the common loon is the only ones we have.
    Common loon: Minnesota DNR
    I think the saying 'crazy as a loon' comes from the calls they make. They sound like crazy laughter at times, with their tremelo calls. Loon calls are the quintessential sound of the north woods though. They're beautiful birds and much larger than you would think. Here's some audio of the different sounds loons make.
    Common Loon, Sounds, All About Birds - Cornell Lab of Ornithology
    The last one, the yodel, I hear every time a plane takes off from the seaplane base on our lake. I don't think they like the engine noise. The eerie wail is often heard at night. Our place is surrounded by lakes, and sometimes we can hear one loon calling on our lake, and then one or more others answering from other lakes nearby. Some people get scared when they hear loons, till they find out what they are and that they're harmless. We love our loons and look forward to hearing the first loon call in the spring.

I hope your knee improves soon.

FW, I hope all is well with your mom.

Feel better, OM. Just take things easy and relax.

ILC, I think it takes years to really change or develop a habit. And sometimes they never seem to stick no matter what I do. But 66 days can't hurt, and at the least it's a good start. I need to remember to bring in my thumb drives with my assorted WIPs on them, because a lot of times if there's nothing good on TV at night, I can amuse myself playing with my imaginary friends instead. That would just be bonus progress.

Pinetree, I ended up making a hash with new Yukon Gold potatoes I dug up, onions, broccoli, and some Little Smokies or whatever they're called, those tiny sausages. Oh, yeah, health food. Tasty though.

I got about half the lilies transplanted. I hope they survive the winter in their new spot.

I also started a new lettuce garden in one of the AGs. I can't understand why we're buying romaine when we can easily grow it instead.

I've been reading the latest Jack Reacher so not being very productive today.