2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 190
Page 190 of 271 FirstFirst ... 90140180187188189190191192193200240 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree I'm so sorry about your friend. Yes, that is way too young. Prayers for peace for his family and for you in the loss of a dear friend. <3 <3

What type of menu plan are you trying to work on? I do a daily menu each morning because I'm working on weight loss and it helps me to have my day planned out in the morning. I do sort of plan a week out but mainly I do something like jot down a few ideas that use what we have then pick from that the day before in case something needs to be removed from the freezer. The weekly thing is more of an idea than a plan though because things change a lot. I've heard a lot of people do something along the lines of a set night for certain things. For example they'll do a beef night, chicken night, pasta night, breakfast night, soup night, meatless night and leftover night or out to eat night. Then just plug something in on each of those days. Good luck!! I do like having a loose plan each week because otherwise I"m scrambling in the morning for dinner ideas and realizing I need two days to defrost the turkey or something like that. LOL. I really only plan out the main meal though. We have sandwiches for one meal every day so I always keep stuff for sandwiches and breakfast stuff on hand so I only really have to plan on one meal a day. Poor DH, when I retired he thought that meant I would cook two full meals every day. Umm..NO?? I did at first and after a couple of weeks I realized we had 100 lbs of leftovers (because those don't thrill him) and we had each gained five lbs. We managed on sandwiches for one meal and one "big" meal a day for years when working so we went back to that format. Well, I went back to it. DH didn't have a choice as he's not really good at cooking. hahaha.

SD That's a bummer you don't have the mourning doves or cardinals. My grandmother used to call ours "cows" because when they'd come in the evening for their evening meal they looked like a herd of cattle heading in. They would be so chunky and flutter in calling all the way. LOL. So when we see them we'd holler out to each other "cows coming in". We're an odd bunch here. haha.

I adore cardinals. My Mom did too and now when I see one I think of her. The anniversary of her death was in February and even though this is the 4th anniversary this year for some reason was really difficult for me and I was just so sad all morning. I walked into the kitchen at lunch time to fix lunch and a cardinal immediately landed on the feeder and stood there looking towards the kitchen. I just knew it was my Mom sending a sign telling me she's fine and it's all OK. That turned my whole day around. I whispered "thanks Mom" and the bird flew away. I know some think there's no such things as signs from those that have passed and it's OK to not believe in them but I do and that one was much needed at that moment. When I went to the quilt shop in New Hampshire a couple of weeks ago I bought a cardinal quilt kit. It's shelved for now because I just don't have time but I'm excited to pull it out when I can and start working on it.

Good for you for day three of sticking to your plan!! YES!! You've got this! I had to adjust my menu as I indulged in a few Oreo Thins. Those things are pretty good!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My old laptop did the same, Pinetree. A big-time computer geek engineer friend of mine, who was on the team that developed the original Android phone, gave me the bad news he thought it was the motherboard and there was no good fix for it. Given his education and tech savvy, I believed him and still do, although he did say it could be other things. I looked into installing a new motherboard but it looked like it was beyond my skill level with electronics, so I just took Husby's laptop and he bought a new desktop he's still totally in love with.

My suggestion is to get anything and everything backed up that you have on your ailing computer, just in case it quits completely. I should have and didn't, and regretted it later. Luckily I got it all back now, thanks to buying the new shell at the rummage sale and being able to install the old hard drive in it. But that was just dumb luck.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, I am so sorry about your friend. Yes, 56 is too young. But don't feel guilty because he's gone and you're not. God's plans are perfect (if at times very difficult to understand) and we need to thank Him for giving us the time we have.

Thanks for the sweet sentiments about Daddy. I miss him so much but I'll see him again some day. What an awesome thing that is!

hikr, hope that rain stops soon. We finally had sunshine yesterday for most of the day---even the pastor mentioned it last night at church since it had been so long. We're expecting more rain for the next several days from Tropical Storm/Hurricane Joaquim but next week it's supposed to be absolutely gorgeous and fall-like.

I love cardinals too. Did you know they mate for life, and that the daddy helps the mama raise the babies? We have several cardinal couples who live in our yard, and I love to see them hopping around on the ground enjoying the black-oil sunflower seeds we give them. We buy big bags when they're on sale at Tractor Supply.

Gbug, I know your kitchen must have smelled delightful with all those delicious things baking. Try not to overdo.

fw, you do have a lot going on now. Prayers for all of you, especially your DS.

SD, no mourning doves up there? We certainly have them here. Lately we've seen and heard a few formations of wild geese flying overhead on their way south.

Rona, when I read your posts I picture a cozy cottage with an open fireplace and decorations in lovely bright colors. To me that's the quintessential Ireland. Please don't tell me I have it all wrong

Hi to everybody else---om, Jen, Ayanka, Niko. If I missed anyone, please forgive me.

Sophia does indeed have hyperthyroidism. We'll have to pill her twice a day forever and forever. And also she has to be rechecked in a month. Apparently cats and humans usually have the opposite thyroid issues---they are "hyper" and we are "hypo." They get thin and we get fat....

We're back to rain today so I can't go out and do any sweeping or raking. So for today:

1) Pay October's bills
    2) Go through closet and cull the clothes I absolutely am never going to wear again
    3) Clean up kitchen
    4) Clean bathrooms
    5) Clean litter boxes
    6) Reset downstairs
    7) Go through Oct. calendar with DH and coordinate some appointments and activities

Have a lovely first day of October, everyone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-I looked it up and need to have Maxx tested. He is a food piggy,has lost 4-5# of his youth weight,throws up,and is naggy instead of hyper. Wow
    Sorry about your Sophia. Thx. for the info.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

First of all hugs to everyone who needs them, which seems to be about all of you.
    Pinetree Im sorry for your friend, but please don't feel guilty about it, sadly you can't change it by feeling guilty, it will only make you feel worse. Try to just make the world a bit of a better place in his memory,rather than feeling guilty.
    ILC I hope they manage to keep your cats health under control, but he isn't suffering is he?
    FW Im sorry about the situation with your son, it must be hard not to have more info. But in this case no news is good news, and in 3 months he ll be home for Christmass.
    NIKO Im getting a bit concerned, are you alright?
    Sorry if I missed anyone, just consider it like you got a big hug.

I have been working a bit in the house, at work and on the things I still need to do in the apartement. Now I promised my landlord I d be here from 5 till 8 pm to wait for people wanting to rent the place. I d stll appreciate if he d let me know when they should actually come though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hikr, hope you won't be too badly affected by the floods, I laughed when I read about your turkey trot, sounds like you had real fun doing it. Agree about the daffies, they really give a lift when you look at them. I'm going to get them in this weekend(need dh to dig). Hope your own is feeling better!

GB sounds like you had a very productive day yesterday, hope you got to finish your book

Pinetree, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, a sudden death is always difficult & you are here because you're supposed to be(((hug))) My own cat always looses weight in the summer & in the winter then he looks like the lovely, can't figure it out!. I am tonight making an Apple & Rose Petal Jelly & some Apple and Clove Jam (guess who has lots of Apples on her trees )

SD, sounds like you had a really productive day yesterday. Congrats on getting so much into the freezer That micro climate the lake produces must really extend the gardening season for you, 10 degrees is a loads, you lucky duck... Speaking of ducks, ok herons I have 3 in the wee lake near me & when it get flooded in the road they will often walk alongside the car as it kicks up a wake, swans prefer to try and out swim the car! Congrats on loosing weight

ILC I'm bursting your bubble here, house is a new build so not a cottage but we did reuse the stone from the cottage that was here on the old house, so it isn't a modern looking build, Kept the Front door in the same spot, kept the line of the house the same (they had it directly facing south) and kept the windows on the north cottagey looking (south ones are bigger, we calculated U values for passive heating purposes). I am reinstating the old cottage gardens that were here & our wee acre of ground is back to being "farmed" albeit on a tiny scale. On the plus side I do use bright colours, there is nearly always a fire on something baking and definitely and Tea waiting to be made. If your ever passing I'll make you a cuppa Glad to read that at least you know now what is wrong with Sophia, hope she has perked up today & sorry to read about your Dad, there are some people in our lives who leave a hole that can't be filled (((hug)))

Ayanka, hopefully you'll find some renters soon!

Hello to everyone else

Today I'm only checking in, had to travel 2 hours to Cork(and two hours back) to the passport office today & a friend very kindly drove me as my knee isn't up to it, between the jigs and the reels, we got lost had to follow random people around cork (that kindly lead us as far as they could) until we got to the office, talk about a laugh, she was nearly hyperventilating at one stage because we were heading for the tunnel & she can't cope with the tunnel, which meant I was too busy laughing to be of any use! Arrived an hour late for my appointment (BTW we left a half an hour early too!!) but had a lovely woman who processed me so I have to go back down for pick up tomorrow week, looks like another fun day ahead of me!!!

Hope everyone has a great day, I'm off to make dinner and Jam

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks everyone, I wasn't really feeling guilty, but it really makes a person think when these things happen, its just real weird.
    but Thank you for all you kind comments,

had a tough night, I couldn't lay down, dizzy, lightheaded, kept feeling like I was going to black out.. so put some blankets on the bed and tried sleeping upright, lol that works so good if you wants kinks and a stiff neck and back!! DH thought maybe need more water, since I havent been drinking again, or I have the vertigo back,, great....we took my blood pressure, blood sugar, heart rate, oxygen levels, all were normal... so I'm not doing a thing, maybe nap in the big chair, and sip hot tea....
    ILC, I'm sorry about sophia, but at least its something you can treat, hugs

I'll be back later.. take care everyone, and stay dry!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

well its been quiet because the trees are all down and cleaned up next door. I thought it was tree grinding day but a huge pallet of drywall is heading in. I try not to be nosy but I'm not succeeding this time. This guy ain't playing!

Pinetree-have you had the neck checked for blockages? Dmom has been blocked pretty signifigantly for years. Just thought I would throw that out there-not to scare you but we like ya around and all.

Little dog-seems to be a bit of a lemon! He wrenched his back or something now. He tried to jump on the bed. I so suspect I should xray him and that I would find he has had issues w/ back or joints. He pops when he gets up pretty loudly. I also had a thought that this dog may be much older than they thought?

DH is at his original Dr. after the accident today. He is worried something is wrong w/ the bone in his leg. I wanted to go but had to pick up DD in a few minutes.
    Not really getting anything done lately. Need to focus.

Rona-those jams sound very interesting. I am an absolute jam freak and love most of them. Prob. can pass on the hot pepper one though. We have a cider/cinnamon in the fridge right now. Deb-whose not on here now used to make watermelon jelly and jam. Ever had that one? I think ginger or strawberry still win though. Although I made a killer cherry/cinnamon one time w/ cherries from Traverse City (our cherry capital here).
    Hugs to all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another productive day here. 5,500 steps, the hard way. I don't even know what I all got done so far. I did a bunch of little stuff, mostly making parts for several projects. I also got the salvaged drawers cut down so they'll fit in the refurbed cabinet, so I can stop dreading that. It's not the best job I've ever done, but not the worst either, so can't complain. I have to paint those yet, probably tomorrow.

I cut some of the scraps left from the sewing cabinet remodel/refurb because it occurred to me since the top is not flat, I might need a couple spacers to make planters sit level. Good thing I hadn't tossed those as planned. Still have to get that ready to paint and reglue the tip-out on the front. But it's going to be so cute!

I made the extension we needed for the dog gate across the six foot opening on our big deck. Now they can be outside with us again. Sota took advantage of the opportunity and laid in the sun the whole time I was putting the drawers back together. He's such a sun god.

Last night on Pinterest I was browsing ideas for using pallets, and came across a simple one that turns a pallet into a tool rack, so I dragged out the sawzall today, cut off a section so it wasn't too tall, and threw one up on the wall. I've always hated the chaos between the two garage doors.

I love how this is working out! Clearly, some purging and sorting and rearranging still needs to be done but I can already see how this will be a big improvement and give us more floor space and more storage space, too. I wonder if Husby will notice it when he walks right past it tonight. LOL.

I also cut some 4x4 parts I needed to finally attach the legs of the awning to the deck. It's been a year now since we put the RV awning up over our deck and we haven't been able to use it yet. I'll never forget how hard we worked the day before we finished. I kept pushing because I wanted to be sure we got done the next day in time to drive over to Cook and look at the HydroBikes. Husby wasn't very enthused AT ALL about that idea! We already knew what the cost would be if we bought them and he didn't want to part with the money. Neither did I, really, but that was the only way to get them and Cook was the only place to get them, too. I guess that's why we still don't have the awning legs attached, because the goal was to get the awning up on the wall before winter because we had nowhere to store it and the forecast wasn't looking good. The legs weren't that important and we let that part go because of the bikes and got distracted with other things after that. But now I just have to see if we have the right lag screws or buy some if we don't and then it will only take a few minutes to get that all done, I hope. It'll be nice to scratch another UFO off the list and also be able to use the awning next year.

Hugs to everyone who needs one, well, even if you don't. I love reading everyone's news and stories, I'm just too tired right now to reply individually.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I took a pic of the former hummingbird feeders. I really like this!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love the pallet idea. We just toss ours into an old garbage can. I can really see the potential in the sewing machine cabinet too. WTG!!!

Spoke too soon. Now the guy is grinding stumps next door.
    It is starting to look better.Hadnt realized how tired it was looking.

Just got a call from DH. The surgeon says he needs a CT scan to see how deep the infection is. He may need the plate out. DH thinks it will be fine but I swear he said last time it is holding parts together still? Stress. This should make it about impossible to get a new position. The employment service said they want him but have nothing for him yet. Sure glad I been chucking cash into the bank.

DD was mad because I drove her to the bank for the rent. She was giving me this whole crap about getting paid. I told her 1st of the month every month is anticipatable.Last month she was 2 weeks late. Every day she buys food at work so she can eat from home then. Welcome to I'm 25 next weekville. all we ask for is reimbursement for driving her in and the cost of her eating the house food and resources she uses. W/ Dh officially unemployed tomorrow I just have no guilt about it. But I am ticked. This hasnt been a cake year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-cross post. Those are awesome. I had a feeder in my hand at Kroger from the clearance and put it back. I wont fill it and just 1 more thing to do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like everyone is getting ready for fall. I know I am ready. Yesterday was our last day of 90s, they say. Been a bit blue today. This is my granddaughter's 5th birthday and the first time that I haven't been with her since she was born. On a better note, my son and grandsons are coming tonight and I made pumpkin sugar cookies and decorated for Halloween. Will finish this weekend. He is taking them to see my mom, but I am scared to ride that far.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, FW. I cobble together so many bear- and raccoon-damaged feeders it's unbelievable, but usually they look pretty trashy because they're so damaged I can't make them pretty anymore. That's why I'm so happy with this one because IMO it turned out cute. I put up with the trashy ones because I just can't see spending tons to replace them with nice new ones when they're likely to get destroyed again. We can only use our nice feeders in winter.

Forgot to post the before pic of the two feeders:

I also like that they're metal which helps minimize squirrel damage.

We keep our feeders full because we enjoy watching the wildlife so much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh its cuter than before I think. I had cedar last time and never again. Dang squirrel chewed the back off. The side I'm looking at was fine. lol
    Prob. should have bought the metal one. It was $14.99 but i am just getting super spending cautious again right now. Got lots of vet bills coming and now medical I imagine. Stopped myself from getting all the Halloween display stuff too until I get more news on the situation jobwise.