2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 192
Page 192 of 271 FirstFirst ... 92142182189190191192193194195202242 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rona-thank you so regarding my Ds. Now i have to tell Dmom she's right about the phone. Shoot. It was my connection. Go figure.

Off to check the rescue website. See if any buddies got adopted.
    Have NO idea what I am doing today. Its the kinda cold day that call you back to bed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope all my New England friends are staying safe. It is actually cool here in North Texas. My dogs woke me up this morning very early. Got up and decided to try and print my script that I have to use for my class today. Finally got my printer working, so now I have to go to the theatre early and print them before the kids get there. Did get the jam made, but was too tired yesterday to get the mending done. Plan on it today Got another book read and another one started.

Today:
    Do mending
    Teach theatre class
    Pick up prescriptions and dress at cleaners
    Dig up tree from flower bed and replant in yard(DH will do this with my supervision)
    Hope to go the Master Gardeners presentation in nearby town later today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, it's cool here too---was 56 this am and it's only 63 right now. Also damp due to all the rain we've had, though nothing like the Carolinas.

SD, fantastic news about the insurance! Wow, what a load off that must be.

hikr, hope you're having a lovely weekend in NH. Is it gorgeous up there? Lots of fall colors?

Rona, my ancestry is part Irish and I've always had an affinity for Ireland and England. Been to London years ago and hope to return but I really, really, really want to see Ireland. Maybe someday I can take you up on your generous offer. And of course, if you ever make it to Georgia, come on by!

Ayanka, I hope someone showed up to see the apartment. Why is it your responsibility to show it? Is that the custom there?

fw, so so sorry about DH's job, but prayers it will work out quickly. Yea for your DS coming home pretty soon! Oh, I am right there with you about your DD. Tough love, but it sure is hard, and it hurts so much to do it...we're going through some rough stuff with our DD but we have no choice but to let her make some mistakes. We're hoping she's learning from them.

pinetree, where are you? You better be out partying and having a good time.

Everyone else, hi, and we miss you.

Yesterday was a lazy day and I accomplished almost nothing except menus and changing the sheets.

So for Saturday:

1) Errands: bank, post office, pick up prescriptions, visit flea market DONE
    2) Change litter boxes
    3) Laundry
    4) Clean up kitchen
    5) Clean off coffee table in den

Have a good Saturday, everybody.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No grandbaby yet.car troubles marital problems. Prayers

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

went to a few g.sales today. Found a new Yoga mat for .50 and Dh found a little carrying case for .75.
    We were going to go to the park and also burn brush but it is super gloomy and rainy.Kinda frustrated as I have 1 1 /2 garbage bags of old paperwork taking up prime living space.
    Need to work on dinner

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We took the day off and drove over to Chisholm to the Minnesota Discovery Center, formerly Ironworld USA. Minnesota Discovery Center: The Museum of the Iron Range Today was the last day this year we could take the trolley tour around the abandoned Pillsbury mine there. Yes, the very same Pillsbury that started up the baking empire in Minneapolis. Apparently the guy owned half of Minnesota at some point. We were hoping for more fall color but it was still a great day. The Discovery Center is basically a museum of Minnesota iron mining so it was very interesting. We've been meaning to get over there for 25 years and today was finally the day. Why is it we'll drive halfway across the country to see some little museum, but won't drive sixty miles to see something about our own neighborhood? Weird, and I know we're not alone in that. I was there about twenty years ago doing some research for a book, but it's expanded a lot since then and I didn't see much of it back then anyway. We'll probably go back again. The trolley stopped at an old restored village and we could have used more time to see the buildings and artifacts there. I have to say, it sure makes me feel old to see items on display from a century ago and realize I'm still using some of the same things.

We also hit Menards and donated a few hundred bucks there. Husby got a rolling stool. LOL. We also bought a couple work platforms because we plan to finally put a ceiling in the garage next spring. Don't know if we'll get to it but the platforms will have lots of other uses. Then we hit the SA that closed for good today. They were having a bag sale so we picked up odds and ends there for a bag's worth. There wasn't much left. Hit GW too but didn't buy anything. We stopped in Chisholm at a thrift store we had never been to, and I got a copy of the much-coveted Make-A-Mix Cookery for a mere fifty cents, a Nitty Gritty cookbook for pocket sandwiches for a quarter, a WW cookbook I think I might already have for $1, and an ethnic cookbook of Iron Range cooking for a quarter from, you guessed it, Ironworld USA! That cracked us up, getting our souvenir like that. That was it for shopping, which was nice for a change. The Range cookbook looks like no one ever opened the cover, and the others are in excellent condition, too.

We got a flat screen monitor at the bag sale, so I hope it works. It was worth a shot for next to nothing. It's not big but should be the same size as what I have, just flat.

At any rate, we're tired but it was a fun day. We rarely get to go like that when we don't have much for errands and have a destination that's strictly for fun, unless we're on vacation and then we're towing a camper and dealing with dogs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC--I wish I could take a day off now and then. I just feel guilty when I don't accomplish something every day.

OM-Hang in there. Babies aren't on our schedule as you know.

Frugal warrior--I absolutely love garage sales, especially when the weather is cool.

Spirit Deer--Sounds like you had a great day.

I was feeling awful when I got up, but I taught my class anyway. Got my errands run and then went to the Master Gardeners' Fall Festival. I had never been. I walked away with a free Burr Oak sapling, worms for my compost, and seeds of various types. DH bought a case of local unfiltered honey and plans on taking a class to learn how to keep bees. Had a gift certificate to a local Italian restaurant that we used and then on to Walmart and Home Depot. Still haven't got my mending done, but there is always tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-I always wanted to take a class in bee keeping. I live too close to keep any and DH is allergic so I never have. We have an education center a few hours away you stay overnight at. Sounds like fun

SD-I would like that trip I think. I have the make a mix and another one in the series but the name escapes me.

Had a nice evening. We watched the British baking contest season2-pies. All 3 dogs and dh and I chucked on the bed. Then later I hung w/ little dog. He refused to take anymore antibiotics even w/ cat treats or peanut butter so now he is getting fancy feast. Its only 2 more days until he's done. I made an appt. for an xray. He seems sore diff. places. This poor dog may have been though a lot. In any case I need peace of mind before we start the treatment.

Dh said the antibiotics (Keflex) are helping his infection a lot so I am encouraged. Dmom said the Cephlaxion (sp). is helping her. HaHa the dog is on Doxycycline..
    Antibiotics for ALL-except me,none for me. lol

OM-sorry about the car and marriage strife. Hopefully the baby will come along soon and everyone will mellow.

So excited I got a play yard type baby gate for around the Christmas tree this year and I get it tomorrow. I been looking for one for a few years. I shop this local resale site and I have found so great things. Last year w/ the kittens I had DH just put lights on the tree we cut and set it outside on the covered porch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Frugal Warrior 2--Hope DH is better. Men are worse than kids sometimes when they are sick. Hope your fur baby gets to feeling better. Won't be online for a few days. My spinal tap is tomorrow and I have to be in bed for 24 hours then back to the neuroopthamologist.

Today:
    1) Laundry
    2) Mending that I still haven't done
    3) Free concert on the courthouse lawn this evening with DH and his siblings
    4) Adding to my compost and worm bed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-feel better. Dh has valid chronic health issue but I get frustrated w/ his lagging response to them which makes the issues grow UNnecessarily. I mean coughs turn into bronchitis left unattended,legs get infected,and on and on.
    Good luck w/ your testing.

Drismal again. Dont know if the cold rain or dark is worse. Just cant get going. Migraine has lasted 5 days now on and off.
    Going to go over Sept. budget to close it out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, I sure hope that migraine goes away soon. My mom had them. Awful things!

Gbug, prayers for you tomorrow and afterwards. Please post when you can.

Another wet, gloomy day BUT sunshine is forecast for several days next week. We've had one day of sun in the past 10 or so days so everyone is excited about the forecast.

For Sunday:

1) Church and breakfast DONE
    2) Laundry from yesterday IN PROGRESS
    3) Go through ads and coupons in today's paper
    4) Cook a nice meal

Hope all of you have a lovely Sunday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB between jam making and a gardening talk, you could be having my perfect day I'd love to have bees, but I'm allergic so it's a non runner for me. Well done on getting the Oak & Worms, were they tiger worms? Over here that's what they recommend for wormeries.

ILC While naturally I'm a wee bit biased, I think you'd love it here, we have an interesting history as well as the highest cliffs in Europe and some sacred monuments that pre-date the pyramids by a thousand years, they accurately track the solstices(sun) as a as lunar tracking. They seem to be finding more out about how sophisticated in astronomy and other areas our ancestors were every time I turn around. Better shut up now, starting to sound like a tourist board officer

OM Hope your troubles have lightened today (((hug)))

SD Interesting spot, will give a proper read later, sounds like you enjoyed your day out

FW a five day migraine sounds horrific, hope your feeling a wee bit better today.

I have some Damson & Apple Jam done today & I now have a Damson Chutney on bubbling away (guess who went picking Damsons with the kids today). I also got a bit of baking done. For the evening I might get a crab apple jelly on so that it can strain overnight. ds is watching a rugby match, girls are playing camogie outside, dh is about to study for a couple of hours, so I think I'll join the chill and read for a couple of hours, then get going again later.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day & I'm sure I've missed a few but I'm send good vibes your way

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC its not the custom. If he manages a renter before the official termination date of the contract though,I ll have him of my back sooner. Which my landlord being the person he is, would be a huge relief. Now I need to contact him to check whether I have to have the left or the right boiler checked on. Or I can just take the one that might pass inspection. As I doubt they are allowed to have ducktape on the wiring, are they?
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I already had the Make-A-Mix cookbook but it's getting to be in rough shape. The 'new' one was only fifty cents and in great shape so I figured I'd grab it for when the other one actually does fall apart. That book has really gotten to be HTF and anyone selling it online seems to put an outrageous price on it. I have the second one, too, More Make-A-Mix Cookery, but I think the first one was the best. I use the taco seasoning mix from the first one and have for probably 35 years. So much better than the envelopes full of salt that people get at the grocery store. I use some other recipes from there too. I like that book, which is why it's starting to fall apart!

Ayanka, I hope you can find a renter to take over your lease. That would be a big weight off your shoulders, I'm sure.

GB, once again I hope you feel better, and I hope the tests are helpful, too.

Rona, you sound busy. I've been tempted to make chutney but never have. We don't like sweets with meats, so maybe that's why, but I know there are lots of kinds of chutneys, so maybe there are savory ones, too.

ILC, I hope you have some sunshine soon.

For some reason, neither Husby nor I noticed yesterday there was no power cord with the monitor we bought. How could we both miss that? So we have no way to see if it works or not. Husby is looking at buying one on eBay for around $10, so now we'll be gamblers again. The monitor is a little bigger than the one I have now so if it works it would be a nice upgrade. We checked all our spare wall warts and all the power supplies on every electronic device we have, and no luck. We were hoping we could test it before buying something. Oh, well. With all the great stuff we've gotten dirt cheap this year, I guess if we spend $10 on something that doesn't work, we'll still be very lucky and way, way ahead.

I bought a blind for the outer door on the cabin yesterday. It's four inches too short but I knew it would be. I wasn't willing to pay the bucks to order a custom one, so just went with the longest one they had. I'll make a little valance for the top to cover that portion. Dang, we had a time getting that thing hung! For some reason the screws didn't seem to want to work with any of the dozen or more screwdrivers we dragged out. I don't think the grooves were cut into the screws deep enough. Anyway, that's finally done and we like it. We've had an insulated drape across that door for years but it's always been annoying, especially when trying to get through it with our hands full. I think the blind will be much better. That entry faces west and it gets so hot in the summer if there's nothing to keep the sun from streaming in there.

Then we put the last blind in the west window in my office, which took maybe five minutes, which was nice after the battle with the other one. Small steps, but at least it's progress. We're pretty tired from yesterday yet.

Hi to everyone! Hope your Sunday is going great.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh is on fire today. Got the garbage out incl. the living rm. set I had bought,filled the salt,vaccumned the furnace,cleaned the dehumidifier,went to Costco to stock cat kibble before winter,cleaned pans. Too wet to burn.
    I put meatballs in for him,he earned it lol

Sent Ds a facebook message I called the "mundane report". It's just a stupid overveiw of things happening here. I figure the ordinary might not seem so bad in light of all his stress.

SD-funny. I was going to say move the blind down and it was said before I finished reading. We also save slats and add string sometimes. An art developed from owning cats of course.