2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 193
Page 193 of 271 FirstFirst ... 93143183190191192193194195196203243 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Luckily, we've never had cats or dogs that tear up blinds, so I don't have that particular skill. I think the blind and valance will work out okay. Nobody really sees our cabin anyway, so if we make ourselves happy that's all we need to do. It remains to be seen if having a blind right behind the door latch will annoy us too much or not. If so, there's clear tape to tape the slats to the door. We won't be opening and closing that blind much anyway, if at all. If we don't keep that window covered, the critters chew up the screen on the door because we store feeders in there and they think there's food in them.

We took the bikes out for a spin, after I spent a ridiculous amount of time learning how to tie a hangman's noose I thought would work nicely around the bike frame, which it did. The new rope is much easier on my hands, but I tried all kinds of things and still had to have Husby haul that sucker up out of the lake. So next spring we're buying a winch and if the FD complains, tough cookies. Doubtful they will because they need that hydrant and our property is one of the few in the township where they can put one. They don't use the hydrant much in summer though, and we can remove the winch in the fall so it's not in their way over the winter.

It was a great ride, so quiet with all the tourists gone. As we were leaving our dock, we saw two ducks on our BFR that's in front of our dock. We spoke to them about whether or not they're our new dock ducks, and it seemed like they might be. We haven't had rock ducks or dock ducks before, so maybe next year they'll be back. Maybe they decided to strike out on their own and peel off from the dock ducks and rock ducks from down the road. Next year I better set up a bucket on a rope to rinse the duck doo off the dock! I don't know if ducks eat crayfish, but the dock was overly crunchy when I walked on it today. LOL. Out in the lake, we saw our little family of four loons and said goodbye to them in case we don't see them again before they leave, and said goodbye to our lone loon, too. They all have lost their fancy, showy, black and white summer coats and have their drab gray winter coats on already. We hardly recognized them, all incognito. The lake just had small ripples, so no rock-n-roll for us today. We went to a part of the lake we hadn't been to before, so that was interesting too. We were cruising through a channel when Husby hit a rock with his prop and didn't even realize it, so I backed out of there QUICK! And he thinks I'm a wuss for drafting behind him in a big field of BFRs! It saved my prop again. It was only sweatshirt weather, so not cool, not hot, just perfect. This may have been our last ride, depending on how the weather is this week. We're talking about pulling the dock in next weekend, and since we didn't get the bike trailer built this year thanks to the insurance snafu, we can't trailer them to the boat landing or another lake to launch them. Maybe next year.

We were both so tired but we're glad we went out. We couldn't have asked for better conditions. The fall color from the water was pretty. It's a whole different perspective when we can see the hill and the trees marching up behind our house.

Now I have to figure out supper. I'm thinking WW chimis. Mmmmmm, and they need to be eaten, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey all, quick check in before I head out this morning. Meeting my best friend for breakfast. She is up visiting her parents for the month (she lives in the south). We had an awesome time in New Hampshire. The Clydesdales are really something to see up close. They had one out for the "meet and greet". He was all braided up for show with the roses in his mane etc. DHs cousin took some pics of us standing with him and then we got to pet him. So soft!! I asked his handler how much a typical Clydesdale weighed because it was clear this horse was MASSIVE and she said this particular one was 2,000 lbs and they all run in that general area. YIKES!! Imagine that stepping on your foot?? We skipped the brewery tour as DH and I don't really like the taste of alcohol and the others had been on the tour before but we did go into the gift shop and I found a ball cap for DH for Christmas with the Clydesdales pictured on it so he'll be happy. The guy was ringing it up and I saw over my shoulder DH was approaching so I said to the guy "hey my husband is on the move, can you push it under the counter to bag it so he won't see it?". The guy never missed a beat. He held it low while keeping an eye out on DH (LOL) and got it in swathed in tissue paper and tucked in the bag fast. Nice!

And of course it's always nice to visit with family. They are such a nice couple and we really enjoy spending time with them. I told them they should move down here and buy this house we're in when we move to the new one so we will be neighbors. But that would entail them leaving their granddaughter and they would no more do that than we would leave ours to move to NH. So I guess we'll just keep making the drive now and then!

The foliage there was a bit more advanced than ours is. Beautiful! Ours is catching up though I do love this time of year the best. The temps are good, the scenery extra special with the colors and most of the bugs have gone.

Gotta head out to restaurant. Will check in later to catch up with everyone else. Have a good morning!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hikr, I'm glad you had a great weekend. Oh, I can just imagine the colors! This is my fave time of year too.

Slept till 8:30 after going to sleep before 11 last night, then lay in bed watching news on TV for a while. It felt so luxurious and decadent.

For Monday:

1) Bake pumpkin pie, vanilla cake, and maybe something else to take to DS tomorrow
    2) MOP since we think the rain is gone
    3) Bible study 6:30
    4) Find some stuff in closet to donate

Have a great Monday, everybody.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hello all
    Got the little guy to the vet and he cant find anything. No xray but she moved all his joints all over. By the time she was doing his neck though he was fed up. So it was $44. instead of whatever xrays would have cost. We think he did a little soft tissue damage when he tried to jump on my bed.
    He is scheduled to start HW treatment Fri. early. I have to get my head right. He was already fatal when I got him and I am helping. Some part of me cant get that.

Went to Dollar Tree this morning w/ DD and got a cute Frankenstien for the door for $1. Honestly we usually drop $100. on Halloween between candy and display so heading conservative this year. Got to remember that tomorrow at the farm market. Hopefully I still have my Halloween table cloth.

ToDo
    started DW and cleaned stove top
    drove DD to work
    going to do red wash today and hopefully bedding (3 loads)
    vaccumn
    rewrite Sept. finalized budget and revamp Oct.'
    write a check for DD's bday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-you know its fall now huh? We had a sad honey bee crawling super slow on the porch.
    Just told DD the hoses are coming in soon and the patio set too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi again! Checking back in again. DH is napping and I just came in from my couch to 5K program. Now I want to nap. No can do though..I need to fix dinner then do laundry and some more packing. If I haven't mentioned it before I truly, from the bottom of my heart, hate packing.

Rona, I would love any jelly recipes you want to send my way. And any tips like the one you mentioned about not squeezing the bag to prevent cloudiness. The first thing I'd have done was squeeze the bag (hahaha!) so thank you! LOL! Ireland is on my list of places to go as well. ILC how about we meet somewhere and travel over together??

GB how did your puncture go today? Are you doing OK? How soon before you get results? I hope all went well and I hope you get results quickly so you can get all of this behind you. That fall festival you went to over the weekend sounds like a lot of fun!

ILC yes, the weekend was awesome! The colors were really lovely too. I just love fall colors. Our hosts had their house all decorated for the fall season too and it was so cute. I am not really decorating this fall in either place because of the move etc but I did put pumpkins on our front steps and I'm leaving it at that. But seeing their place all done up is making me think I should do something because it was really nice to see when you drove up.

OM Continued prayers for all. Pop in when you can.

SD I chuckled over your DH getting the rolling stool. He just couldn't handle moving his anymore after watching you zip around. Hilarious!! I think taking the day off now and then and just kicking back to do the tourist thing is a great idea. We do that too.

FW you and SD seem to always find the neatest stuff at garage sales. I never have any luck at those BUT I have had good luck with the Facebook yard sales in my area. I just scored six wooden (pine) dining room chairs for 40 bucks last week or the week before. We'd had it in our heads if we saw any we'd get them and these popped up and I was able to get my "Interested" post in there first so I got them. They are perfect for our table. Our chairs are 30 years old and really getting rickety. I'd hate to have one of them bust down when the kids are in them.

Guess I'd better go get the grilled cheese going (cleaning out the fridge night). Have a great night all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, FW, it sure is fall. It's been mild here so far though. I think it's going to cool down soon though. Best of luck with your puppy. It's so hard to cause them distress and truly connect it's helping, I know. But you're helping and he's lucky to have you, no matter what the outcome is.

Hey, I want to go to Ireland, too! I have lots of Irish ancestors! I wish I knew more about my heritage but it's all lost in the mists of time.

The Clydesdales sound like such fun, Hikr. I'm envious. I'd love to get up close and personal with one of them sometime, too.

ILC, I was trying to sleep till 8:30. I'm glad someone got to! Husby called to inform me he was going to take today and tomorrow off and try to get more stuff done around here. I'm already exhausted from working my tail off, mostly alone (not complaining, since someone has to make the money around here) for over a week now. On top of that I was up for hours last night with Sugar, poor girl, so I'm really beat. I was going to sleep late and then had a whole list of to-do's including cleaning the kitchen, cooking, finishing the back porch cabinets, and some other stuff including writing, but he blew that up completely. Oh, well. I've been running on empty all day. I'm sure it'll be an early night for me.

Hikr, Menards had folding work platforms on sale last week and I insisted we buy two, in spite of the complaints about how we'd never use them for anything and why did we need them when we have ladders? He's such a pain to go tool shopping with, but in a way I can't blame him when I walk into the tool department and exclaim, "Shiny things!" just about every time we get into a big box home improvement place, and then start loading the cart. But he humored me and when I wasn't looking, he actually unpacked the things and had found about four different uses for them before I was even in the garage this AM. A couple hours later he was going on about what a great thing they are and how did we do without them up to this point? You'd think he'd learn not to argue with me when it comes to buying tools.

He did crawl under the cabin and couldn't find any obvious place the mice are coming in. Then he went up on the roof and found a section of the rubber membrane the cabin is roofed with that was loose. I don't know why we don't have massive water damage, but luckily there doesn't appear to be. But he also found a chewed-out hole that has clearly been used for an entry point by critters. He sealed all that up and we're hoping that'll take care of the problem for good. We set traps out there. I hate doing it but we don't have much choice.

I modified a small bookcase I'm using for storage in the cabin. It needed to have wheels added and a handle on one end so I can pull it out to get at the shelves and then push it back in, because it fits next to the fridge and microwave, sideways, and I need the storage there. That's done and I'm happy with it.

I fixed yet another birdfeeder. There's never any end. Husby added a platform to the post he put in last week so that's ready to put a feeder on this winter outside my office window. Basically we did a whole bunch of little winter prep things, mostly, and at the least, fixed the roof and closed up one obvious rodent portal. I hope it's enough to get rid of the little beasts.

We tidied up in the garage, too, so the cars have more space and we're more ready for winter in there now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Its fall for sure
    we didnt get to burn and I'm antsy to get the paper out of here and the brush pile gone. We need to restock salt and dog food too. Yogi came in at dinner w/ about 20 burs stuck to his collar. He made me give him a slice of bread before I could take his collar off (whose smarter right?) . Everyone around here is fixing. Trees coming down constantly and the house that burned last year on the next block is being rebuilt. All those silver maples are dumping leaves too.
    Hopefully today I can get a few cheaper decorations for my porch.

DD works late again so I am going to catch a little more sleep and finish today what I didnt yesterday and work on the kitchen?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

behind here, so just thought I'd stick the head up & say hello.

Hikr I'll get a couple of recipes up in the canning section of the fv cookbook. Will do it later today

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning! Beautiful day here in Maine I've gotten library books returned, two loads of laundry done, groceries purchased, dinner in the crock pot and the dishwasher unloaded. The grands are coming this afternoon so my schedule needs to be clear. I've got a new craft to do with the oldest and restocked my baking supplies so we'll see what she wants to cook with Granna this time. <3 I need to do more packing too.

Rona I'll keep my eye out for the recipes in the canning section on FV. Thanks!

FW I am excited for fall in the new house because there are just pine trees around it. No leaves to fall. There will be pine needles (and those will wind up in the pool) but I can live with those. The falling leaves are pretty but kind of a pain to rake up every week or so. We've tried waiting till they mostly all fall but what happens then is we get an early snow and then they are buried till spring. We have lousy timing!

SD your reaction in the big box building store is how I am in a quilt shop. MUST BUY ALL THE PRETTY THINGS! LOL!! DH is like you in Home Depot or Lowe's. hahaha. I cracked up at your DH and finding all the uses for the work platform after he was somewhat resistant to the purchase. This reminds of me DH and the portable scaffolding story. LOL! Remember he was kind of "eh, if you insist" and now I hear him tell everyone how fabulous the thing is and how much he loves it and how useful it has been etc. I just smile and think of you. Men, gotta love 'em.

Hi ILC, Bernice, Ayanka, Rabbit (and waving to Cadbury too), Pinetree (where are you?), Niko and anyone I missed. Have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was still ROFL at him about the rolling stools yesterday. He just rolled his eyes at me, but I could see he was trying not to smile. LOL.

We trapped two mice in the cabin overnight. I hope we get them all before somebody dies somewhere we can't find. Who needs that smell? And I hope they're the only ones that have been in there. There hasn't been a lot of mouse indications in there since we started cleaning, but even one mouse is too many in a living space IMO. Hopefully, Husby got the only rodent portal closed up before the big fall influx.

I guess we're working on gutters and heat tape today. If only I wasn't so tired. Yesterday I was so exhausted working out in the garage I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to put a circular saw back in its case, one I've put away for years with no problem. Today isn't any better. Maybe working with power tools is not the best idea, even with someone around.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I envy the beauty all of you're experiencing with fall. It's suppose to be back in the 90s. It's cool in the mornings. My lumbar puncture went well. I am very tired and just laying around. The pressure in my head is more intense, but no pain. I am going to the neuroopthamologist tomorrow to get the results.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We wasted most of the day trying to float some fishing bobbers through the drain tile underground, towing monofilament thread so we could drag a rope through so we could drag a heat tape through. I don't think it's possible to get the longer one to go through, so we finally gave that up. After some more annoying messing round, we got the corks through the second, shorter one but after we put the heat tape through, we concluded it wasn't going to work anyway. What a PITA, and I don't mean the flat bread.

I think Husby is going to Eternabond the leaky gutters. Otherwise we'd have to disassemble them and try to scrape all the caulk off and redo it, and then not have it work again. We're so tired of this project we concluded we'll just take the easy way out. The Eternabond will be inside the gutters so no one will see it anyway.

We also concluded there's probably a reason why we don't see heat tapes on houses up here, so we're not putting them on the garage either. We'll see what happens next spring and then decide if we need them or not.

Stupid Fickl Flickr won't let me into my account again, for no reason I'm aware of. And of course I can't find any address to contact to get any tech support. I hate Yahoo!

I'm looking forward to winter so there's an end to all this heavy outside work. There's still plenty to do inside but enough with the hard stuff already.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh SD you definitely don't want a mouse dying somewhere in the house that you don't know about (till you smell it). Ugh. My crafting buddy is concerned that one might have gotten into the craft room somewhere (or else is in the wall) as she detects a slight scent. I smell nothing but last week when I was there during the day she had the door open to outside and standing near the door I caught a bit of an unpleasant scent. I mentioned I wondered if maybe one had died under her porch or something. Hopefully one isn't running through her craft supplies! You are right, even one mouse is too many.

Darn Flickr. I downloaded the app specifically so I could post to this board and I still can't get it to work. I posted my avatar which amazed me that worked. I also posted a couple of pics of Maine I think it was and they came out sideways. The moderator fixed them for me but I can't figure it out. They were the correct position when I hit post but when they came up they were sideways. I am just not very computer savvy. Maybe it's that I'm not Flickr savvy?

GB I'm glad all went well yesterday. And I'm really glad they will give you the results tomorrow. That's quick, I was hoping they wouldn't make you wait too long.

Grands have come and gone. The oldest and I baked brownies and I had made an apple pie before they got here. I'd promised DH one last week and one thing after another happened and the pie never materialized. He can't have pie very often because of his diabetes so this is a special treat. I ran the recipe through my recipe builder and 1/6 of the pie is 543 calories. This is why pie doesn't happen very often in this house. YIKES! I knew it wasn't going to be good though so I wasn't really surprised. We took a nice walk too hauling the kids in the wagon. Well, it was nice for the kids. I was the plow horse pulling said wagon and I worked up quite a nice little sweat getting them up the hill. LOL!

I have craft night tonight. Back to working on my quilted table centerpiece / runner gizmo. I have another project for myself that's Christmas related. It's a Christmas card holder that's quilted. I really want to get started on that but knowing how distracted I get I decided I'd better do the gifts for others first then do mine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hey all. Insurance approval came thru and Dh had his CT scan but get this: he couldnt go to the one near our home because the machine wasn't callibrated for as much metal as he has inside him! So he had to travel the 30 miles. Seems unprofessional? But he had it done and now we wait.

Also seems like things are moving on the job front today also although its always hard to tell. He has a 3rd interview w/ 1 company and thats a job .
    An offer from Delphi but the hourly is way low and its only a year.
    Also the employment service is still hoping to secure something for him. We'll see?

I ended up not going to the farmers market and went to 2 grocery stores instead.
    Kroger had 2/1 lg. pumpkins and I also got 4 pie pumpkins. $12. Still "need" gourds. Going to skip flowers and a hay bale. Going low key. Candy is going to be expensive enough. I dont belong to Sams Club now. IDK if juice boxes are cheap at Costco. We have 1 month left there.

SD-get Chester on the job! No my cats arent intentionally destructive they walk through blinds to see outside and sit on the sills. I have had chewers but none right now.

hikr00-totally frustrated w/ those local sale boards at the moment. I have had several sales work out but this last airhead is getting to me-bad.

I am still vibrating. The crew next door arrived at 8 a.m. and left at 6 pm. He ripped about all the back foliage out of the backyd. and graded it. Then he cleaned up all the chips from the ground stumps,added dirt and graded it,plus ran the blower for hours. He really means business and I'm thrilled minus the noise. I am wondering though about no grass this late. Too late for sod here I would say. I hope that doesnt all run on my property this rainy season.

Off to make tacos. No eating out right now for the most part until things settle again.