2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 195
Page 195 of 271 FirstFirst ... 95145185192193194195196197198205245 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here's the recipe for the WW soup described above. I remove the sausage from the casings and crumble the meat instead of cooking it and then slicing it. I used hot sausage today and I really liked that. If you wanted to heat up plain ground turkey, you could add 1/2 t. of red pepper flakes or to taste after the turkey is browned, and stir and cook it with the meat for a minute or two.

I didn't use jalapenos today because I didn't have any, but I did add some peppers we grew this year. I'm not sure what kind they were, probably pepperoncinis. I've also used diced green or red bell peppers, and I usually use a can of diced green chilies if I don't have jalapenos, but didn't today because I don't think I have those either and with the red pepper in the sausage, I didn't really need it. I do like using some kind of red pepper diced up in it just because it looks pretty. This soup is all brown with the meat and black beans, so it needs some red and green to give it some visual interest. Of course, if you want a milder flavor you don't have to add any peppers or pepper flakes.

Weight Watchers - Hearty Black Bean And Sausage Soup Recipe on WeGottaEat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

yes and more votes for indoor cats!!
    Was so busy at the rescue today as the morning volunteer flaked. So double time in the afternoon. Mopping I skipped in case anyone came in but no one ended up doing. I was very pelased to see Sparky go hom ew/ his very own boy. He showed very poorly in the kennel as a big barker. I love that people veiw these pets and fall in love before they even see them
    We are getting 3 new kitten litters soon. I have a feeling they may be from the local hoarder who had 84 cats and 7 dogs!! But I really dont know. Kinda late influx for kitten season but everything nature seems a month late this year. All I know is thats a stressful dump.

Dinner is lunchmeat because I am wiped. Dh is pretty tolerant.
    He spent the day yakking w/ recruiters and filling out apps.
    So very little housework done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We tried to keep ours in but it was either keep them in and be without a dog door, or figure out a way for them to be relatively safe when they're outside. The compromise is the creation of the cat enclosure. So far, it's working out.

A local pet hoarder just got nailed here in town. She could be facing eleven years in jail for animal neglect/abuse. Her house is so bad it's going to be bulldozed because there's no cleaning it. I can't even imagine what that's going to smell like in that neighborhood the day that happens. I don't understand and I never will, how people can let things get that bad and still be living in such a disgusting, stinky mess. I know it's a mental illness but I still don't understand it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

cant say i do either Sd, Apparently these animals were in good shape but yes the house is trashed. The only thing I can think is that people mean well and let things get away from them over time but still there are so many free or super cheap spay/neuter clinics. This was a man and woman which to me is even stranger. The other odd thing is that that is near my first house and its not isolated. We moved because the houses are a driveway apart. So how long was this going on?

Have a hw test appt. w/ Mikey and would like to go to the farm market and get those gourds as well as some veg. Dd has it off and I'd love to finish the cats getting shots. I stil have the 2 hiders to catch.
    to do
    dishes,laundry,vaccumn as usual.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW how's the migraine?? I hope you're improving. Any word on DHs test results? I missed that the neighbors had removed the grass completely!! ACK! I thought they'd just mowed it. Oh man, you are right about spring and the mud that will bring.

The story about the frozen rabbit remain DGreta brought to your DD is hysterical. I would have been hysterical had a pet dropped a frozen head at my feet though!! LOL! When I was growing up we had a dog that was part collie (Lassie we named her. We were very original. LOL). Anyway, Lassie would go out cruising the woods and take something down (or find something already dead) and bring it home and lay it under the living room window. That way when my Mom opened the curtains in the morning she was presented with a corpse. Poor Mom. And Mom used to say she couldn't yell or holler at Lassie because she was so proud to bring us this gift. Mom would go out with a shovel and praise Lassie for her work then send her inside to bask in her glory while poor Mom scooped up the remains and hauled them back out the woods. hahaha.

Pinetree yay! Glad you're back!! Yes, I'd love your apple pie recipe. Sounds great! Thank you

GB that is disappointing to still have no answers. I hope maybe the new meds will make a difference. Our DD and our niece have black labs. They can't say enough about how great of a family dog they are. We had to put our Great Dane down last September due to a brain tumor. She was 8 so "elderly" in Dane years and the vet recommended we let her go. We go back and forth on getting another dog. I miss her companionship dreadfully. But now that it's been a year and I've adjusted somewhat I do like the freedom that being dog less brings. We like to do impromptu road trips and when we had her we had to make sure we got back in time to take her out etc. She wasn't one who loved traveling so bringing her in most cases wasn't an option. So I don't know...right now we are leaning at no dogs. But this could change at any time.

Ayanka crossing my fingers one of them takes it. Hoping this is over for you soon. And looking forward to you getting internet back on Tuesday.

SD yes, you can freeze apple pie once it's baked. Let it cool completely then wrap up the slices (or the whole pie) really well and freeze. Now it's not quite as good from the freezer as it is fresh from the oven but it's still pretty good. And freezing it in slices removes the risk of cutting bigger slice then you need etc. Thank you for the crisp recipe. I ran it through the builder and it clocks in at 594 calories (if it's one serving. I ran it using 200 grams of apples which supposedly equals two small apples). My pie is no better at 543 per serving though! The carbs are bad..94 for the crisp? That seems high considering the pie has crust and that came in at 69? But at 69 the pie isn't awesome either. It's 24 fat vs 30 fat between the crisp and the pie so the crisp wins there easy! I do love apple crisp (especially with vanilla ice cream. hahaha). My DH would eat the crisp as one serving too like yours. If you split it in two it is more reasonable. Thank you for the recipe though, I will try it (without the vanilla ice cream. hahaha)

I laughed over your procrastination skills. Yeah, I'm familiar with those. I am like that also. The deer are outside right now. I see them in the field in front of the house. They were here last night to when we came home. There are four adults and one young one.

Punchneedle will be fun! I've seen that around but haven't tried it.

Hi Bernice, ILC, Niko, Rabbit and Rona! (and anyone I missed)

DH and I wound up deciding yesterday to take the day off and do a little road trip. We went to three state parks and got the stamps in our passports for those. We're about halfway done now! The thing that I'm really loving about this passport book is it's taking us to parks we have never visited. We have a lot of state parks in Maine and we tend to frequent the same ones over and over again and this is broadening our horizons a bit which is always a good thing. We finished up at the last one around 5:30 and we were over an hour from home so we wound up eating dinner out. Got home and went to bed early. Being outside in the sun and breeze all day plus the driving tires me out.

Today the grands are coming this afternoon and I think my best friend will come by with her Mom. Her Mom has Alzheimer's and she's been hoping to find something to spark her interest and engage her. We talked about play doh as a possible thing for her to do and that maybe if she made it with her from scratch then let her mold it etc she'd be intrigued. She also loves to watch kids so this way we'll have the kids here and we can all make play doh and work with it together and see how it goes. So that'll be fun. I have craft night tonight. This morning will just be more of the same...packing...blah.

Hope you all have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2--Hope to get gourds, too. I love to decorate my porch for Halloween and fall. Slowly working on it.
    Hike-Wished I could set out on trips like that. It sounds like so much fun. My DH is not retired, yet, so we don't get to take advantage of trips during the week.

I can plan what I want to accomplish each day, but my head really dictates what is actually done. I am going to try to take cans to recycle place and then hit a few bargains at Walmart, CVS, and Target with the money I get from cans. Got some good deals with coupons. I usually donate these items to a local single mothers group. Hope DH takes me to the grocery store tonight so I can get the bargains. Other than that, not much here today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not much going on here either. DH has gone to help a friend clean up/repair a rental property. The friend's wife is my best friend and normally I would go too and spend time with her but she's out of town so today I'm at home alone--a great chance to catch up on some things.

For Thursday:

1) Catch up on Bible study homework
    2) Catch up on some laundry, mainly pet bedding
    3) Clean out fridge
    4) Work in DS's room moving some stuff out we've stored in there
    5) More leaf-sweeping outside

Have a great day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

morning, hope you are all doing well.

SD, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, I have been so hungry for soup, DH found a low sodium chicken noodle, but I can only have 1/2 cup, so I really have to make my soup from scratch! This is what I get for not having some in the freezer!!

ILC, enjoy your alone time!! try and relax too!! SIt in the beautiful sunshine with a piece of chocolate and a Cold coke!!

FW, aww love kittens! Hows your DH doing? Hope you have a more peaceful day, Hugs..

GM, hope you are doing better today, and whatever you have just goes away!!

OM, thinking about you, are you OK? Hugs

Rona, ok, send me some energy, please...

Ayanka, Man, one of those people have to take it!! You need to move into your new home!! Sure hope you are having fun fixing it up!

Hikr, Yippee, DH found the herb ox sodium free chicken bouillion!! He got it at safeway. The only thing is the ingredients says the 2nd one is potassium, which I have to watch, so I dont know if I can have it. Going to tick me off if I cant!! Will find the recipe, for the life of me , its no where to be found!! Probably right in front of me!

Have fun on your trips, I'm jealous, Too bad you can't post pictures!! hint hint!

Hi to the rest of you, I'm thinking about you!

My Best friend is SO funny, she emailed me screaming for help that her bathroom smelled like sewer and there was nothing dead in there, HELP, or she was going to have to call a plumber!! This has been going on for 2 weeks now!! Told her to dump water down the drains in the basement and do..da.. no more smell....she had a plumber out 3 weeks ago that smelled it and told her to clean her drains!

Well, woke up this morning and couldn't get out of bed, lightheaded and sooo dizzy, took all my junk again, ( blood pressure etc. ) everything normal, so it has to be my blood pressure meds, or my veritgo is coming back full force, calling later to see if I can get into my new Dr. soon. But up now and doing aliitle better,

Todays list
    call for dr. appt

thats about it, I'm taking it easy again today!! man I get so far behind, I get caught up alittle then have to start al over again!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, when will your appointment be with the new dr.?

That is so scary that you were feeling better and then today you felt terrible again. Praying for you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, the house in town that's going to be razed is also in a neighborhood and close to other houses. You'd think it would stink all the time. Maybe that's how this woman got found out and turned in. I can't imagine what that would be like, to be locked out of your own house and not allowed to even salvage anything, even if any of it could be salvaged. This woman has been beside herself on the news and I can see why. She's obviously not right to begin with or she wouldn't have let the house get like that, and then to lose everything on top of it cannot be good for her mental health. I think it's been rough on the city council, too. It can't be easy to throw someone out of their house and then destroy it. The city also has to pay for that and I think that's wrong. It should be the homeowner's expense, not the taxpayers', if they let things get so bad their house has to be condemned as a public health hazard. Plus of course she's suing the city over it all. I wonder who gets the fun job of actually having to tear that disgusting, reeking place down, and where are they going to haul all that crap after it's torn down? They said on the news the demolition will cost something like $40K.

Hikr, I was nice and didn't post the recipe for the #5 oatmeal carmelitas or the mini Bundt Tortuga rum cakes! They'd make the apple crisp look like diet food! The Tortuga rum cake is so rich, two bites is a serving in this house, and I rarely make them. Totally evil stuff. There's a lot of butter in the apple crisp which doesn't help it any. I was looking at that when I posted the recipe and I'm wondering if it would be enough to use 1 T. instead of 2. It might make the streusel too dry to cut it down much though.

Pinetree, canned soup is horrible for salt, and so is broth as you know. I like HM broth so much better, now that I'm in the habit of making it myself. I bet you could use lots of different veggies soup recipes and not get too much sodium. Make a chicken noodle soup with lots of veggies and freeze it in single servings. I like to make it using a bag of frozen mixed veggies, cubed raw or cooked chicken breast, some basil and maybe a little rosemary, noodles, and then simmer it all in HM broth till the noodles are al dente. Add the noodles toward the end of cooking, of course, she they don't overcook. Have you ever made spaetzle? It's easier than making other pastas and less work, and you can control the sodium if you make it yourself. There are lots of different recipes so you can pick and choose if you want a recipe without certain ingredients, or a whole wheat recipe. I haven't found a recipe I'm completely satisfied with yet, so don't have one to share.

I'm not getting much done today, but I did get the salvaged drawer hardware installed in the back porch cabinet, so that can be installed now. I put the first coat of paint on the drawers, too. That's about it for today. Still so tired, but better.

No more mice in the traps in my office, so I hope we've solved the problem. I won't believe it till a month or so has passed though. It's still too early to tell for sure.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB does your DH have a retirement date planned? I just retired last year at 52 and DH retired at 51 due to ill health. He asked me to retire also so we'd have more time together. I debated because I really did love my job but ultimately as they say no one ever says in their last words that they wished they'd had more time to work. I am his caregiver too and he does need help in a lot of areas so it's worked out well having me retire early. We are thoroughly enjoying it and once we get moved into the new house we can really relax and enjoy our time. I hope your DH can retire soon.

ILC yay for some alone time!! I love my DH but I really love when he naps as I get some quiet time. He cannot understand that need for quiet time as he cannot stand being alone. I crave alone time.

Pinetree I hope they can figure out what's causing you to feel good one day and lousy the next. And thanks in advance for the recipe. No rush on it, whenever you find it is fine I hope your friend got her drains all fixed! When is the appointment with the doctor? I hope they can get you in soon.

SD oh that recipe for oatmeal carmelitas would have been pure evil but I bet it tastes awesome. I would house that down in a heartbeat so yeah, best not post that one. LOL! Yay for no more mice!! Here's hoping you're mice free for a long time.

Kiddos have left and DH is now napping and all is quiet. I've got supper cooking then heading to craft night. I did get the bills paid this afternoon before DD got here and straightened up around the living room. DH is no good at picking up little things. He'll get up and go to do a project and leave the blankets all rumpled and the pillows all tossed around. This annoys me to no end and it's so dumb that it annoys me so that I don't bug him about it, I just fix it when he's out of the room.

I'm hoping to get another centerpiece top done tonight at craft night. We shall see.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The oatmeal carmelitas are made with caramel ice cream topping, so that should tell you how bad they are. They're extremely sweet and sooooooo decadent. I used to make them for DO demos and tell people I had removed all the calories for demonstration purposes. LOL. People always laughed and I guess they believed me because there were never any left. I don't know what's in the ingredients but I left one empty but dirty DO overnight once and it stripped all the seasoning off the pot! Something is acidic in that recipe.

I actually like the Tortuga rum cake better than the oatmeal carmelitas. The cake is the fault of some friends of ours who cruise the Caribbean every year and used to bring us the 4 oz. cakes. Thoughtful of them but they were so good I found a clone recipe and tweaked it till I was happy with it. A four ounce cake is tiny but big enough for four servings, they're so rich. Lots of butter and rum, mmmmmm. I make mine with coconut rum for extra flavor.

I'm sure hoping we're mouse-free now but I'll be holding my breath for a few weeks yet. We've thought before it was fixed only to find more rodents invading the place.

Husby brought home bottled water so I have water to cook with now. Sure hope the well clears up pretty soon. The water is safe but it smells funny and tastes funny. I'm okay with washing dishes with it but I'd rather not drink it, although I did yesterday. I suppose we drained the water level in the well running hundreds of gallons of water through the drain tile Tuesday trying to float those corks through and put in the heat tapes.

Tree guy is supposed to come tonight to look things over, so I hope he actually shows up.

The chicken noodle soup I mentioned above sounded good so we're having it for supper. I wonder if there's time to make some Tortuga rum cake to go with it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Am waiting on them to call for approval, so hurry up and wait. Dont worry guys, I have been dizzy since these meds got started, its just alittle more often now... no emergency.
    Will let you know when it is.

SD, I usually keep soup in the freezer, its been So warm here, I havent made any, back up in the 80's this weekend. I have no choice but to make it from scratch if I want to eat any!! Sometimes a person justs wants to open a can and feel better, well, now I'm gonna have to open the freezer!! lol. My favorite is cream of mushroom, Oh do I love that....

Yippeee on getting rid of the mice!

Something too sweet sounds Sooo good!! Huh FW!!

Hikr, found my recipe book, the kids have it at their house, so will get it to you soon!

Thank you, everyone for thinking about me!

rotf, I found a crochet needle, spelling on that, well started making a circle, so I'm gonna make me a pot thing so I can sit a pot on the table if I want, or something really hot.. looks pretty bad, but I don't care!!! lol, maybe one day I will learn how to do this!! So I guess today is craft day??!! Bahahahaha!!

Have a great evening guys!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't had soup in the freezer until just lately either, except for chili because it's my go-to and I can eat that just about any time. Normally I don't like soup in hot weather either. Today is cold and rainy though.

I'm not counting on being rid of mice yet, but I'm sure hoping we've seen the last of them out there!

I was just saying over on the Use It Up board about not being able to decide what craft to work on. I can tell winter's coming when I want to get started on crafting. I found a pattern in one of the Workbasket magazines I just got for a crocheted potholder shaped like a pansy. I'd just use it for a decoration though. Don't know when I'll get to that one though. Have fun with your trivet!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wow just no way to keep up!!
    So I took Dmikey and got his HW test. He was good but he weighs 94# now. He was insistant he wanted to play w/ a toy Yorkie so i had to drag him into a room and hide until it left. Despite that I spoiled him w/ a good dog burger trip.

Went to the Farm market after that and went nuts getting gourds. I also got some onions,green beans,amazing smelling tomatoes and corn. This mean lady didnt want to split her $10 bucket of Cortland apples until I kept after her. I had $5. if I could wave a wand I would have turned it into a $100. not a $10. I had the best time w/ this guy who loved gourds like me. I just think they are so cool.
    I bought DH a bumpy/warty pumpkin for Cancer charity.

Tomorrow is DD's bday and she is going to be at a party her BF is throwing her. I'm finally off the hook for her bday. A card and cash-done! I asked her Ds to pm her if possible.

And seeing baby dog starts treatment tomorrow DD and I took him to the park. It was a weekday so it was quiet. He had the best time riding in the car and smelling smells. Makes me feel a tad better about what i have to do treatment wise tomorrow.

So today an adopt a thon for pets started at the rescue I work at. Its like a contest and we are 7th. at the moment. All cats over a year w/ spay/neuter and all shots are just $50. I hope we adopt a bunch w/ all the new ones coming in.

GB-my fav. seller had puny gourds so I got them from 2 new people. I have a colonial covered porch and love to decorate too. Every year I say i will get lights but havent yet. I use my bench as a center piece and a few scarecrows. I have a sitting black witch (I garbage picked)that used to light up. I got a paper Frankenstein w/ folded crepe paper arms and legs this year. Skipped the bales of hay and the mums. Still mulling the corn stalks. $5. each and I need 2-3?
    I always set up a card table w/ a Halloween table cloth and a giant silver mixing bowl of asst. candy. Then I line up about 50 juice boxes. We have kids come in vans to this neighborhood. I love doing it. I love the echoes of the kids and the running. I love the shy little guys who arent quite getting it yet. I just hope its not as miserable as the weather was last year. I had to set up fast because they all still came.