2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 199
Page 199 of 271 FirstFirst ... 99149189196197198199200201202209249 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-never heard of doing that. Sounds interesting and delicious.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, but don't tell your cardiologist. I only make them about twice a year, sometimes less.

Besides being deadly, they're expensive, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dont but should have one. Now my Dmom-she cant know.lol
    I made Kroger mild italian meatballs and oven baked them for about an hour in a lidded dish then put mushroom alfredo over them w/ a piece of rye bread and a farmers market carrot. Laziest meal ever. Well,the whole house went nuts.
    DH ate the mushrooms,the dogs went insane when i took it out,cats came out of no where. i LAUGHED. It was good but everyone kept raving. DD came all the way down and was like-whats that!

Woke up w/ rain and let the dogs out. Need to make that dental and toss a cake in the oven.
    More laundry
    vaccumn
    Spend time w/ Hunter

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2--Sounds delicious. I made Italian meatballs on Sunday. Gotta love some garlic.

I walked about a half a mile yesterday in my neighborhood. It felt great. Today I'm going to get some baking done and then go work at the food pantry. I also signed up to begin working at the local soup kitchen. This keeps me thankful and away from the "poor me" syndrome. Hope everyone has a nice day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, don't overdo. But it's wonderful how you give back!

fw, glad your DH's infections doesn't seem to be bone.

SD, I can never, never, never do a fatty----DH's cholesterol is high as it is, eating a fatty would put him over the edge! And once he tasted one he would want it again and again (if I didn't do the meal planning and cooking he would probably have cholesterol of about 1,000). But boy does it sound fantastic.

pinetree, oh yum, pecan pie! DH does the pecan pie baking in our house. It's the only thing he's ever baked. We love those things, after all, we do live in Georgia, but the price of pecans is ridiculous. When I worked my principal gave everyone a pound bag of shelled pecan halves at Christmas. I looked forward to them all year!

Ayanka, thanks for checking in!

om, enjoy that grandbaby!

Everyone else, hi, and hope things are well with you.

Yesterday I put on a sweatshirt in the morning and by afternoon needed only a short-sleeved T. Supposed to go to 81 today, then in the 70s for the next few days, then a couple of days of low- to mid-60s, then back up in the 70s. For several nights next week we're forecast for lows in the mid-40s but then back to the 50s. Yes, it's fall here. We haven't had to use AC or heat for weeks now.

For Tuesday:

1) Financial stuff with DH DONE
    2) Check Kroger ad for the coming week
    3) Work in DS's room and move some stuff out
    4) Reset the den and breakfast room
    5) Try to convince DH to go through his closet and get rid of some stuff that he hasn't worn in years and will never wear again
    6) Revise menu plans
    7) Swish and swipe bathrooms

Have a lovely Tuesday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, HI! I see you are lurking around!! Good to see you, are you OK? We sure do miss you! Praying and thinking about you!!

OM,how that lkittle baby girl doing? Oh, what a joy!

SD, oh wow, that fatty would be the end for me too! Wow thats one heck of a meal!!

Fw, give the puppy a hug for me, That dinner sounds really good to me too!

GB, So glad you are doing better, I wish I had your energy!

Ayanka, Thanks for stopping by, we miss you too!

ILC, I had to give the pie up, otherwise the kid wouldn't get any!! Pecans are priced horrible here, wish I had a tree!!

Hi to ones I forgot.

Today
    do something with zucchini
    get stuff ready for DR.
    call and cancel appt I never made
    make out deposit

It got up to 89* yesterday, summer is here , for sure!!

Have a wonderful day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just got the bill for my surgery and doing the happy dance. I think this is the last and only bill and it's $240. I'll take that deal any day of the week.

Here's sort of how my morning went, only instead of Lady Gaga, it was George Strait. LOL!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwsO7VzGWO4
    I sat down at my computer and the only word I could think of to write was CHAPTER since I was starting a new one. It's like listening to dead air on the radio. I just sat there till my screen saver came on and then I watched the goldfish swimming around my monitor for a while. Listened to David Lee Murphy. Went and fixed the squirrel feeder the bear tossed around. Hung out the bird feeders. Watched birds. Listened to Travis Tritt for an hour while watching more goldfish and birds. Put the legs back on the little table the fridge sits on. Moved the kitchenette again. Set up and organized the 'bathroom'. Contemplated where to put the stuffed toys on the new flat screen monitor, in case it actually works. Listened to George Strait and danced a while. Had a snack. Rearranged the CDs. Put some solar lights out on the back porch of the cabin. Thought about what to make for supper to go with leftover fatty. Read part of a book about the history of Harley-Davidson. Played around with the cover fabric and decided on a fast and simple way to make the cover for my office chair. Ugh. Typical writer's day. But I guess it paid off because once I ran out of ways to kill time while accomplishing nothing, I sat down and knocked off my word count for the day in record time. Sometimes it works that way. The wheels keep turning while I do mindless things.

The new power supply for the monitor came today. I'm afraid to try it out. I'm going to be so disappointed if it doesn't work.

Still don't know what to make to go with the fatty, but it better involve non-carb veggies and not much else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-that made me laugh. Insert crickets!

Poor DH the R.O. water tank blew 1 then 2 then 3 connections. Every time he fixed 1 the other went. Only $28. total thank goodness he's handy.

Still piddling w/ the car. I think we are buying it. We asked for $500 off the internet price and they went $250 off. I am aggrevated but Dh wants it so i am caving for him. I would argue to the last $50. if I was buying for me.lol
    I so rarely see him into anything.

The neighbor next door is still going to town. He is watering the grass hoping to seed but its too late in the season. sprouts wont have time to really establish.
    He has painted the old aluminum creme so it's better but needs to be repalced. Looks like they are doing the living room. Hope it all turns out well.

Thinking about a chicken asian stir fry. I have chicken defrosting and a bunch of frozen veg, and somewhere around sauces ot seasoning. And of course instant rice. Maybe I will do tea.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Forgot if I said but... Found out Mackey is afraid of the dark. I promised him a ride and so we went out late. I didnt leash him because he just usually hops right in. I opened the van doors before I got him. He comes out,runs around the van,peeks in and scoots back to the porch as fast as possible. I finally got him in and got a burger at BK w/ him. Biggest baby. So not a guard dog. Gotta love a 110# wimp.

Little dog seems wiped today and is just sleeping. I think the day of gloom is part of it. If it clears I may take him to a deserted park.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's all I needed, crickets. That would have been perfect though.

I left my guy sleeping in his camper in a campground in Badlands National Park on his way to Sturgis. Now I want to go to Badlands National Park and then go to Sturgis. I need a vacation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

well ins. is in place and I guess I am leaping off the cliff. We are headed to buy Dh his car. OY!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yea! Now to get your van replaced, too. Glad your husband will have a reliable car to drive. I hope you both love it.

I was just out in the office getting the new monitor hooked up. So far, so good, assuming I can get the resolution the way I want it. But I didn't get a chance to finish because this big honkin' boom truck pulled into the driveway. The power company guy is now fifty feet in the air working on cutting Tree #5. I'm not sure how many they plan to cut, but every one they take down reduces the bill for us with the tree guy we got the contract from. The power company takes trees out for nothing if they threaten the power line, and we have way too many of them around our power line right now. Money saved is money saved! This is really going to open up our view, too, and more importantly improve our defensible space. Husby called the power company about two weeks ago and was told they'd be out to look at the trees in about six weeks. Now here they are. I'm glad they're getting this done before our tree guy showed up!

He's starting Tree #6 now. It's just getting better and better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD. I am changing your name to lucky duck!! Man, send some of that saving to us!! Boy are the cards falling right for you!! Plus Ins paid for your surgery, you are what my Dad called money bags!! So Happy for you!!!

WHHOOO HOOO FW a new car!! Now we have to have a Picture!! lol Did you buy it for him? What a lovely fall gift!! Enjoy, enjoy, now you need to go visit those apple places!!

Now back to playing my computer game,,,

I just watched my neighbor walk by, doubled back and took my paper!, Wonder if she's going to bring it back, umm...
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ok so we did it. 2015 of Feb was it's bday so about 6 months old. We got the warranty that came w/ it,$250. off the internet price,a full tank of gas and free onstar for 3 months. Its perdy.Technically Pinetree I did. He isnt working temp. and I had the cash Dmom gave me from Ddads estate. So I got all the ins. set up and got Dd ins. on the Saturn. I cant believe the new plate cost $250. Crap in my shorts!!!I havent bought a plate or transferred anything in a blue moon.
    I had the Montana 2004 since 2006? and transferred that from the Windstar I drove for prob. 8 yrs. until the repairs outweighed the payments. DH got the Saturn 2007 in 2009? I think or 2010. For the kids to drive. DD drove it a bit but Ds mostly used it. Pretty sure we transferred that plate too. SSooocheap. But it was a great feeling to just write a check. We did the same w/ the Montana from a home equity laon though. Sheesh!

Also I was again schooled in the fact that I get used to like minded people her w/ an understanding of finance. Wow,the crap going on at the dealer. So ignorant. Sheep to the slaughter.

So tomorrow is the pup and then when he feel better I will schedule the Saturn for a look over and maybe a detail. DD is up for it but not if its got issues. We are at 100,000. Its blue booked at $3200. and I was thinking $2500. She has $1500. And dh and I bet thats about all we see. I would love to give it to her but I have 2 children and that seems wrong. Still thinking.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I guess I was wrong about the tree guy and the bill. Husby has informed me the power company is only taking down one tree the tree guy was going to do. It's still a savings but probably not that much.

The power company took down about eight trees and will be back tomorrow to do three more. We need to stay on top of this whole tree issue better in the future, and cut them when they're small before they're a huge problem like some of them are now. I'm happy they are doing it. They didn't seem to want to but they are, and that's all I care. It was kind of scary when that branch fell on our power line earlier this year, so anything they can do to help keep that from happening is a good thing IMO.

I took my ninety cent piece of upholstery fabric I bought to slipcover my office chair and cut it in half the long way and hemmed both pieces, so now I have two covers with almost no money and very little effort. I decided there's no point in doing something the hard way just because I can. This fabric does not move AT ALL draped over the chair, so it doesn't need to be fitted and Velcroed on and all the stuff I usually do. It sticks so well if I fitted it, I probably wouldn't be able to get it on the chair. All I have to do is drape it over the seat and back and tuck it in where the two meet. I also cut off enough fabric to make six arm covers. I figure they'll wear out faster than the chair covers, so I'll make extra while I'm at it. I'll just put the spare set up in the cabinet in my office. That fabric was a lucky find, too, at the animal welfare thrift shop in Grand Rapids that had all their stuff 75% off a few weeks ago.