2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 271 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree--it's right there in the middle, you just can't see it because you're brain-damaged now ;P But trust me, it's there!

And I'm not opening the cover to check, but the syrup is probably not freezing... the bees use their body heat to warm the hive, and the syrup feeder opens right on to that, protected from the outside by two covers, one of which is Styrofoam an inch+ thick (sounds cheap, but actually the latest-and-greatest, go figure! Sounds like something one of us would think up out of sensibility, but some bozo's out there making a mint off it, I'm sure...) If it DID get that cold, the bees would be huddled for warmth anyway, and by the time they wake up to eat, it would be thawed again. At least that's what the books all say... this is our first winter, so I guess we're gonna find out, huh?

So I never vacuumed Saturday night... didn't do squat yesterday.

The bus just pulled away with both kids on it (miracle of miracles!!! DD11 is awful most mornings, and more so when there's been a break in her routine... like... say... a day off... or TWELVE...) So my plan for today is:

-Do a mall walk out by my old work (this is my after-Christmas me-time tradition. Five laps of the mall window-shopping, then a sixth one stopping to buy whatever deals I've decided on.)

-try to make it out to Shoprite for the CanCan Sale, which is not as great as in previous years, but better than other prices, so there ya go...

-And make it home in time to meet the bus, supervise homework, take the kids to the pet store to buy a fish (which is the bribe I offered to get them on the bus), and hopefully clean the house a bit.

I also need to do my 20 wishes for this year and update the stockpile thread once I get back from the cancan sale...

But guess what? I went back on WeightWatchers on the 1st, and today was my first weigh-in. I've lost 6 lbs, woohoo! (The first week is always so gratifying.) It will be a long time before I stop hating the number on the scale, but hey, it's a start!

Have a great day everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All I did yesterday after getting home from church was cook a good meal for supper.

So for Monday:

1) Take new puppy Sadie and one cat to vet (cat needs his steroid shot and Sadie needs her first visit)
    2) Fold/put away clean laundry that's been sitting in a basket for a few days
    3) Tweak menus since DS said he's going back to school earlier than I thought
    4) Get New Year's cards done!!!!
    5) Reset den
    6) Put charity donations in car to deliver tomorrow

Have a good day, ladies. And stay warm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Monday 1/5/15
    1. scoop litter boxes
    2. work on year end financial record keeping
    3. mail package

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome RaineyDaye, those are very pretty cats you have!

Jen, hope you're doing better today.

ilc, hope the guys do ok at the vet.

Z, haha, I have lost alot of my short term memory, Dr. says its from being so overwhelmed, so I do have an excuse, kinda... lol
    Ok will have to trust you on the bees, I have so much to learn about them, I would probably put a heater out there for them.'
    Have fun on your mall walk!

today
    put blankets and pillows away
    clean up oven racks
    wipe off table

I slept in bed for the first time since getting home from the hospital, boy was it nice and warm. I had to sleep propped up and couldn't do it with our headboard.. boy did I sleep. Another step forwqrd, yippee!

Almost forgot, told you I cant remember!!, Made the angel food cake, baked like usual, but the darn thing overflowed all over the racks and almost covered the bottom of the oven, the cake pan was full of cake, so its not like it was too full, also made from a box, any ideas on what happened? My oven is a total mess.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OK, raining and pouring! Bad things happened today. My husband came home early because he has some kind of stomach flu and my daughter is still sick, so I had 2 to take care of and this darn headache will not go away! I'm being very careful around my sick people because I have a compromised immune system. It's been an adventure. I just keep telling myself...Tomorrow will be better.

Not making a list for tomorrow. I think just getting things put away and back to normal will be enough to do.

Take care of yourselves, Everyone! Stay safe and warm.

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday I got the walk and the shopping done, and the homework got done, but that's it.

Today it's snowing, which has caused a traffic snarl out on the highway... so I'm taking that to mean that I should just stay out of the way of the people who legitimately NEED to use the roads right now. With that in mind, here is my current list:

-stay warm/take a nap
    -binge-watch some Netflix later
    -fart around online

It's a lot to get through in one day, I admit, but I'll give it a shot! ;p (Of course if the traffic clears, there are errands I could do... if I get motivated there is housework to take care of... but for this moment, I am going to relish that the weather sucks and for once I don't *NEED* to be out in it for any reason. Have a good day, everyone, take good care of yourselves!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning! I'm going to try and get my list done today. I pulled a muscle in my back and am feeling a bit uncomfortable. I really need to get back to exercising so this doesn't happen.

1. Make beds
    2. Clean off desk
    3. Sweep floors

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Monday 1/5/15
    1. scoop litter boxes
    2. work on year end financial record keeping
    3. mail package

Tuesday 1/6/15
    1. shovel driveway
    2. call county auditor re property tax bill
    3. continue working on financial stuff
    4. mend sweater

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4/6 done yesterday.

Jen and sallyj08, hope you feel better soon.

Z, I like the way you think! Isn't it wonderful when you don't have to go out in terrible weather?

RaineyDaye, you're making progress. Good for you!

pinetree, how are you?

The puppy and the cat did great at the vet yesterday. Everyone there already loves the cat and now everyone is in love with Sadie too. She really is adorable.

For Tuesday:

1) Errands: Kroger, Aldi, Walmart, Tractor Supply, drop things off at rescue mission
    2) Continue to clean up after the puppy
    3) Get ready for the cold blast that is coming tomorrow---decide on things to bake, make sure we have clean warm clothes, etc.

Have a warm and productive Tuesday, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I really hope everyone feels better tomorrow, my gosh, this year is not starting off very good, it Will get better!!

0/3

Saved it all for today...??

I might start sorting for income tax, and thats a might.
    I need to go to town this week for another blood test, I'm not sure when.

Yesterday was weird, we started out at -5* and ended up at 55*, the chinooks decided to blow and warmed everything up and took a big bite out of the snow, driveway is all melted off.

I'm doing fine ilc, thanks for asking. Its getting tough sitting here, I feel fine, but when I move, walk etc, my oxygen level drops to low, so I have to watch it. Feel like I am being a pain in the rear now. I need to find stuff I can do sitting here, any suggestions??

Have a beautiful day.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, here are some suggestions you can do without exerting:

1) Go through recipes and decide on a few to try when you can. Make a list of things you would need for them.
    2) Catch up on any correspondence---got any family or friends you need to contact, either by writing, emailing, or calling?
    3) Do some long-range planning --finances, Big Projects Around the House, books to read, things to research online.
    4) Any books/articles/magazines you want to read "someday"? Maybe now's the time.
    5) Go through old paperwork and shred or file.
    6) Think about any redecorating you want to do. Find websites with ideas. A lot of the women's magazines like Better Homes and Gardens, etc., have issues online.
    7) Got any old movies to watch?

I hope these help a little. Everyone, help pinetree out and make some suggestions.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Making progress. Just have to finish my desk, but that is going to take quite a while.

1. Make beds
    2. Clean off desk
    3. Sweep floors

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC has a good idea, but I can only think of one thing, and it's something we all should do for the "just in case" file. Make lists. Mine would be:
    What needs to be done around the house when I can't do it.
    Where all my important papers are.
    Medications and doses.
    A journal of how you feel and what you did every day is a good idea. It will help a lot when you go see the doctor.

My day was a bit better, but I'm really having a hard time getting rid of this headache. I think I'm going to take tomorrow off from the list, too. I think I need to focus on feeling better.

Have a lovely day, Everyone! Stay warm and safe.

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1/6--Donated plasma, mailed a package, Bought tuna
    1/7--Do laundry, Iron, Go to gym, Update mystery shopping data

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning!
    1. Finish cleaning off desk
    2. Exercise
    3. Make beds

Page 2 of 271 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast