2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 200
Page 200 of 271 FirstFirst ... 100150190197198199200201202203210250 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wtg Sd-I have had them hack tops off trees and cut them to get them away from their wires but the trees are all but ruined by the time they go. Oh and the last clown was tesing the dogs. I had cartoon fantasies involving my wrist rocket!

Making stuffed chicken breast. Dh actually asked in he should get dinner when he was taking a drive w/ DD. I'm like no,I am spending tons on a dog tomorrow and just bought a car,and no job. At home,for quite a while.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our power company hires good people. They came after the big storm in 1999 when people were without power for weeks and there were over 25,000,000 trees and miles of power lines down in the area, so it's not like they had nothing else to do. I don't know why they came, but they did. We had a huge tree about six feet from my cabin that, after being subjected to 90 mph winds, had a four-foot vertical crack in the trunk about eight feet off the ground. It was ready to go. But it didn't threaten any power lines, which we told them when we called them to ask if they knew who had a boom truck besides them. But they came anyway and took it down. Good thing too, because they were the only ones with a boom truck and that tree was at least fifty feet tall and up on a slope that made it even taller. None of the tree guys we called would touch it, with it being so tall, so close to the cabin, not much further from our garage, and leaning downhill. When they were done, I thanked them and thanked them and asked for the bill. They said, "no charge" and left. The guy today limbed the tree tops and then cut the trunks in four foot sections from the top down, and then the second guy cut up the trunks in smaller, more manageable chunks. Really nice of them. It was fascinating watching them work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, when we had trees taken down we spent the day watching them. Isn't it fascinating? There's an art and a science to what they do---very well choreographed, each has a specific job.

fw, your new vehicle does indeed sound purdy! Does it have that new car smell???? Enjoy!

pinetree, thinking of you today and every day...

Everybody else, hi! Hope your day is a good one!

Worked about 3 hours in DS's room and there's actual progress. DH and I also discussed what to do with a few pieces of furniture that are in there and I think we're in agreement. I've got a roll top desk that was my Daddy's that he won in a contest and he adored it but I don't, neither one of my kids wants it, DH doesn't want it, and my brother doesn't want it. So I'm sort of thinking that selling it would be the way to go. I have other things of my dad's so it's not like it's all I have of him. But I'm not at the point yet of being absolutely okay with the decision. KWIM?

For Wednesday:

1) Get 2 boxes of stuff ready for DH to take to Rescue Mission DONE and they are on the way with DH this very minute
    2) Clean up kitchen DONE
    3) Pull together grocery lists/coupons DONE
    4) Keep up with Bible study homework
    5) Sweep screened porch
    6) Clean bathrooms (didn't get to this yesterday)
    7) Work in DS's room
    8) Church 6:30

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

time to get back in here and at least say I'm going to do stuff. DD is coming for 5 days today. I will not let her see my room like this. Scheduling 1.5 hrs to clean this afternoon.

if I get it clean, the cleaning lady is coming for my mom, but I'm going to ask to pay her to change my sheets and duvet cover since that did not go well the last time, lol. I really want this so I had better get to cleaning in a bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went back to the doctor today, and he said my tests were better than last weeks. I feel horrible and still have some pressure, so he doubled my dose of medicine. I have to go back in two weeks. Working on laundry today and that is about it. Don't feel like much else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-somewhat and better yet it doesnt smell like smoke even when the blowers on!!
    I do know what you mean.

GB-feel better. Glad to hear the tests improve. Why does it always have to be double?

So tense-took the dog in this morning w/ guilt in my heart. He will be picked back up at 5 pm. Going to be a long day. Didn't sleep much last night so I wil catch a few in case tonight gets hairy!

Hugs to all.!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, Thanks, I'll let you know.
    I'll take the desk!! My grandpa had one, I loved it, my son found one on craigslist and bought it, it has all the hidden drawers like the old ones and is in really good shape. I do believe that if you dont want it, its someone elses dream to own it, Dont feel bad if you sell it.

GB, Hope you feel better soon.

FW, Hope everything is ok.

SD, wtg with the trees!!

Niko, praying and thinking about you.

Bernice, you can send your cleaning people here!!

OM, hugs, I can smell that new baby smell!!

Hi to ones I forgot.

Didnt get any sleep last night, so not much on the list.

Today
    find dinner
    grocery sales
    call bf
    mail income tax

Have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, I decided years ago that just because someone before me loved something doesn't mean I'm obligated to keep it. It drives my mother crazy, but I have so much stuff I do love I don't have space for what I don't. I'm not going to treasure something that anoys me and is in my way. Like you, I have other things to contain the memories. It made me feel a lot better about letting things go once I reached that conclusion, that someone else's treasure wasn't necessarily mine. Maybe you can sell the desk and pay for an experience you and your dad loved, or go somewhere he always wanted to but didn't get to.

I always hated the new car smell. Maybe it's better these days. I guess it must have been the toxic chemicals they used to treat upholstery and stuff with back then that made me sick. Strangely enough though, I love that new trailer smell! The last camper is certified 'green' so that probably helps.

Trees are done for now. The crew showed up at 7:30. The view of the lake now is amazing. I'd like to take down most of the trees in front of the house and we'll probably work on that over the next few years. We need to improve our defensible space, and getting rid of trees near the house is the best way.

The tree guy we hired still has to come and do his thing and get rid of the trees threatening our buildings. He said it would probably be next month sometime.

I remade the too-small grill cover and I hate it but it's good enough for the POC Charbroil. At least it'll be protected over winter. I saved one side of the old cover and made some notes on it so I can use that for a pattern if we still have that grill when we need a new cover. The sides are fragile but workable as a pattern. The top is falling apart and just crumbles if it's touched, so I took some measurements of that. Making one shouldn't be much of a challenge and I have the fabric I got cheap years ago, and which, judging from the tire covers I made with it thirteen years ago that have been in constant use and are still sturdy though faded, would probably last longer than the grill. I'm done paying $25 or more for a crappy cover that lasts one year if we're lucky.

Made dog food. That took two hours, including clean-up. But the doggies are happy. They love when they get warm food fresh out off the stove.

Washed two racks of plastic ware while I made the dog food. I have to do another rack yet today. We got out of the habit of washing plastics individually as we use it and it piled up. Honestly, I don't know how people keep up with housework. I've been trying for years and can't keep all the balls in the air.

Washed two loads of rugs. Sota is the only pet we have that seems to be able to go to the bathroom in the right place. I never want cats again! We can't figure out what their problem is. We have a ton of boxes for them and they're kept clean and they're very separated, but they just can't manage to behave. So frustrating.

Found a woodsy themed cloth shower curtain I think I'm going to use to make curtains for my office, if I can find something to go with it. I don't think there's quite enough unless I add a border.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-the little dog lost it on my 2 days new blanket last night. They are checking him for an infection. So I gotcha. We added a litter box in the family rm. we use for storage and life is better. DH needs to be quicker changing them sometimes.

1/2 left until I can get little guy. Sorta hesitant. A month in the crate? Hows that going to work?
    DD drove again today from work. Fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Poor doggy. I've been thinking of him and of you today. But this ain't your first rodeo and I know you'll get through it okay. He's lucky he landed in your family.

It doesn't bother me when pets get sick or old and have accidents. That's not their fault. What bugs me is when there's no apparent reason for them to be making messes.

Poor Chester. He strolled into the kitchen a while ago with a mouse lodged in his face and Sota went from zero to give me that in 0.3 seconds. I'm not kidding. The boy was sound asleep in the LR so I don't know how he even knew there was a mouse. Maybe it was screaming at a pitch too high for me to hear. He's so slow we call him Snail and old lady Sugar routinely beats him to the door when they're told to go out, but he goes into rocket mode when there's a hot lunch to be had. I hope the mouse was dead this time. It probably was or I would have had to catch it.

Washed another rack of plastic ware so every piece of plastic we own except one pickle keeper is clean now. That'll last about 0.3 seconds, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-thanks just got Doggy and he is wide awake w/ no tell tale signs hw went through anything but a shaved patch they gave me an ice pack for. No instrustions. I guess I will just feed him in an hour. He is crated,squeaky and has a radio on low.
    I have a sedative but I think i will wait to see if he gets rowdy. I am much more worse for the wear do far. lol I am so frazzled I almost missed a step on the stairs. and yeah no bladder infection so peeing for no reason because he had been out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate when we have to bring them home after they've been sedated. Sparky was especially bad. She was a mean drunk and bit Husby badly when she was under the influence. Sober, she was the most gentle, patient dog you could ever hope to meet, poor girl.

What's the shaved patch for?

I wouldn't feed him if he's been sedated, until tomorrow. It won't kill him to miss a meal. Our vets usually say not to feed them, just let them have water. I don't know how vet meds affect pets' appetites, but I know when I had surgery, I had no appetite for two weeks afterward.

We took the bikes out and I think this really will be the last ride this year. The forecast high Friday is only 42. We were noticing on our ride that we're the only fools with our dock still in the water, except the next door neighbors but I think they hire people to take theirs out, so that's probably done on a schedule of some kind. Besides, they have a lift-out dock and ours is a roll-in dock, so they can get theirs out by just winching it up in the air.

It was a little windy but warm and sunny. The fall color looked pretty up on the hills by the lake basin. It was pretty seeing the leaves floating by a few inches underwater too, and the golden carpet of popple leaves on the bottom of the lake in the shallow spots. Our lakes up here are the color of tea from all the tannin in the leaves that get shed into the water every fall. The lake is really low now and wicked rocks we haven't seen all summer are now sticking up out of the water or barely below it. Once again we're so happy we don't have the property next door because of all the BFRs waiting to eat their boat or at least their prop. They have two docks in different places and both of them are surrounded like a spiny fortress. ~shudder~ I wouldn't want the bikes if we had to go through that minefield every time we took them out. As bad as our rocky shore is, we're happy to have it in comparison.

We thought we had seen the last of the loons for this year, but when we went out, we found one of them first, probably our lone loon. We went farther down the lake and on the way back, all five of them were together. I was glad the lone loon had been allowed into the little family of four. He always seems so lonely since his mate isn't around anymore. So we said goodbye again to the whole gang. They let us get fairly close today, maybe because there wasn't any boat traffic to upset them. They talked quietly amongst themselves about us for a little while but didn't seem bothered. It's been fun to see the babies grow up over summer, from little downy chicks riding on their parents' backs to full size adults or at least adolescents, ready to take their first long flight to their winter habitat. We're surprised they're still around but we've had a mild fall, which is probably going to end soon.

We just saw the forecast and will probably pull the dock out Sunday. Or we could do like we usually do and wait till there's a nasty wet snow going on with high winds and waves splashing us onshore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

shaved patch-surprised me. I think where the treatment went in. I had thought shot but... IDK. He ate. I gave him the 1/2 of a sedative,he's been out to pee. Seems so far so good. Such drama. I got him a new bed but he's used to sleeping w/ us-so we'll see.

no loons but the fall reds,gold and rust leaves are here. This year the colors are deeper. So we decided the patio set comes in. SAD. I love sitting at it and playing w/ the dogs,having lunch,yaking on the phone.
    Decorated all I will for Halloween. More kids on the street again so more decorating.
    I guess we are burning this weekend-brush and papers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning to everyone. Slow start this morning. I've got a few phone shops to do today and therapy later this afternoon. Not much else going on today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

morning all.
    Dh just went to his dental cleaning and was gone awhile so I thought he was playing w/ his new toy (car). He had gone to the mall and got me a single red rose and dk. choc. covered orange peel. So surprising so I took his whiting toothpaste sample and said its what I always wanted and where was MY car.lol He never gets gifts. It just overwhelmos him. What a lovely surprise.

Ddog did well last night and DD and I sat w/ him for awhile. He has his bed,blanket and 3 toy friends in his crate. He is taking it better than I thought. Mostly,I am glad I got the sedative too. Makes him sleepy. So far so good. Thanks for all your support w/ all my anst.

I have to hit the groc. for presc. and a few things. I think Ddog will be ok. Trying to decide dinner. Hard getting back intp cooking all the time.
    Did a load of dishes
    need to wash clothes and 2 blankets
    ??

Dh took an interveiw today by phone. Hope this joblessness ends quick. I am hesitant to do the furnace.
    Still unsettled too. Yesterday I found out an old boyfriend passed away a year ago. We weren't close for years but its like another piece of my history went poof. And of course makes me count those I've lost and think about mortality related back to my health. Apparently,he had a son who would have been born about the time he stopped writing me in the army. Mystery solved. We were just friend then anyway.