2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 201
Page 201 of 271 FirstFirst ... 101151191198199200201202203204211251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am so touched. The vet tech called to check on doggy. She said the vet had her check heartrate and temp plus take him out to pee every hour on the hour! Thats good care. I so appreciate this guy and the staff. I guess he never had an issue.
    He also has his own prayer fan club.

Need to make a dental. I have ground a few sharp spots from all the stress and my poor tongue if crying.lol Add that to the ear infection I think I have.
    I am not complaining though. Life seems to be spiraling up a bit again. It was time for a cleaning anyway.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am stuck here so I am on too much!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

HI, Looks like everone is busy.

FW, wtg on the rose and chocolate!! Good Luck to your DH. Hope the puppy is doing ok. Enjoy your new car!!

SD, thanks for the last ride on the bike, so sad to pull them out!

GB, Hope ou are feeling better, take it easy..

OM, ?? where are you?

Niko, sending up prayers and thinking about you!

Bernice, dont do too much!

ILC, anything good baking today? I see this weekend atlanta is suppose to get down to 40*, burr!!, come hereis 75* lol

Well, I took my new Drs. advice, I didn't take my pain pill before bedtime, and slept the entire night long, Yipppee!! He said a side effect is they keep you awake, yep, I guess so.

He's also signing me up for rehab and physcial therapy on my lungs, to see if we can get them stronger and get off the oxygen. I really want to go down to Denver for it, but maybe its worth it,.. I think its 10 weeks.

Have to go back in two weeks, and then he will make out a plan that we can work on, He spent over an hour with me and seems to know what was going on. So far i really like him..

today
    vacuum
    find quarts jars
    clean off table
    wash throw rugs again...
    grocery list I never did.

Have a good one ladies!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So sweet about the rose and chocolate, FW.

Pinetree, the bikes aren't out yet! Husby is being optimistic. We really need to get the dock out though and winter's going to hit anytime now, so we're pushing our luck. It's windy and rainy today though and supposed to be cold tomorrow. We might get one last ride on Sunday when it's supposed to be nice, before we winterize the dock.

I hope you can continue to avoid the pain meds. Anytime I can stop a prescription med, I'm happy to do it!

I did some more puttering in the cabin today. I'm really starting to love it out there again. I'm just doing little things. I almost have the bathroom done, just have to build a little shelf to hold the water jug for the 'sink.' It appears so far the mouse situation is solved, which I'm very happy about. My chair cover is going to work great, but I have to add Velcro to the arm covers which I sort of figured would happen. I got the extension cord I needed for the fridge fan and microwave, so the 'kitchen' is done again.

I still need to figure out what kind of healthy snacks I can keep out there. All I have now is water, SF pop, granola bars, and popcorn. Nothing very healthy, IOW. I think I'll buy some tomato juice which is too salty but very tasty, and find a small tray for apples. Grapes would be good, too. And some rice cakes. I can see the popcorn is going to be a problem, so probably won't be buying that again even though it's single-serve 100-cal packs. Anyone have any ideas? Whatever I put out there has to keep a long time because I probably won't go through it that fast, and has to be suitable for WW. I have a tiny freezer but it doesn't freeze very well. I keep the granola bars in there.

I love my 'new' monitor! I'm glad Husby talked me into gambling on the power cord. I'm glad the microwave didn't sell on the sale, too, so I can have it in my office. Just have to find a good recipe for low cal hot chocolate mix now. I wish I liked tea, but I don't.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, the first idea that popped up in my head is nuts. In the shell they have a very long shelf life, but sadly they do take a great amount of WW points apparently. Please forgive me, Im still trying to gain rather than lose weight, so I am not much help Im affraid.

Further forgive me for my horrible typing, I hurt my hands yesterday when I was trying to get the paint of the door of the kitchen. The door was painted in the ugliest blue paint the sellers could possible find and peeling off. Oh and no they never heard of taking old paint layers of, no worries, they didn't make it easy. Good thing I actually like doing it.

Niko, hugs, wherever you are, know that I am thinking about you. If we can do anything to help you, yell ok?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, lol its funny you seem to pick the things I can no longer have because of the salt, bacon, ham, tomato juice!!

I snack on peanut butter, cheese, 1 oz. nuts, fresh friut, or veggies, fried chick peas, or I like them rinsed and out of the can, my have to have right now is oranges. Good Luck!! Alos naked air popped popcorn.

Ayanka, Sorry about your hand! did you get the paint off? I had that here, she painted the glass knobs in the bathroom, It took me weeks to get the paint off, but they are beautiful now! Have fun!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, that is so great about the new doctor! Yes, do the therapy, it can't hurt and it sure could help. It's supposed to go down in the low 40s over the weekend which doesn't bother me as long as the days hit around 60 or so, which is supposed to happen. We have a fairly good supply of wood for the fireplace but I really don't want to use it this early in the season. I'm hoping maybe if we just turn the heat on for a little while each a.m. the chill will be knocked off and the sun will warm up the house.

fw, oh, a rose AND chocolate! You've got a good DH! Glad to hear Hunter is all right.

SD, how about carrot sticks? or baby carrots?

Gbug, I hope you feel better soon.

Ayanka, sorry about your hands. Hope they get better really quickly.

Niko? Bernice? om? Jen? Hope all of you are all right.

Rona, hope you'll be home soon.

DH has been on the roof for 2 days fixing the dormers which have some rotted places, so I've been outside too, partly to make sure he doesn't fall and partly to hush him from using some not-so-nice language when he gets frustrated. He is very gentlemanly except when he is working on the house and things don't go exactly right.

Today I've watched him, done a lot of weeding in the front garden areas, went to lunch with my sister-in-law, picked up the house, etc. Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive.

Tonight starting at 7:00 I'll be watching the Auburn vs. Kentucky game. WAR EAGLE!

Have a good rest of the day and a restful night, everyone.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

[QUOTE=frugalwarrior2;4112222121]I am so touched. The vet tech called to check on doggy. She said the vet had her check heartrate and temp plus take him out to pee every hour on the hour! Thats good care. I so appreciate this guy and the staff. I guess he never had an issue.
    He also has his own prayer fan club.

Need to make a dental. I have ground a few sharp spots from all the stress and my poor tongue if crying.lol Add that to the ear infection I think I have.
    I am not complaining though. Life seems to be spiraling up a bit again. It was time for a cleaning anyway.( edited to add **somehow I erased the end of the quote??)

I have been lurking here the last few days since there are no other threads that are interesting me right now and you girls seem to have a good time!.....FW, I have been thinking about you, such a big heart to take that pup in! I hope the rescue helps with the bill but it doesn't sound like it, I know how that goes. Maybe it said further back, you girls are hard to keep up with, so many post......do you know any of his background? I am just curious as an animal lover too.

Also, Spirit Deer, one thing I was wondering about when you talked about your kitties and your throw rugs. I am sure as a long time pet owner you know all about UTI. My kittie I just lost 2 weeks ago had UTI a few times and crystals once and even after that was all cleared up he had bladder inflamation ( I had never heard of that one) which is hard to treat but we were able to manage it pretty well with laser treatments. That was the only time I had trouble with peeing out of the litter box and it was at random times but once others smell it then they will go to. Just wondering if one of your kitties might have a problem? Cats are sooo hard to tell when there is something wrong! You probably already thought of that but I thought I would just throw it out there......

Also, to those of you with health problems, I hope you are feeling better soon!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

TDN-welcome-please stay!!
    OK the rescue is seperate and the pup is a project I am doing on my own.
    He was a runner (as in beagle in fall-NO surprise) and had another beagle w/ him. The shelter up there had them. It is a holding facility NOT a rescue so no care other than feeding/outside goes on. He had a collar so a 5 day hold.
    A family came and got him w/ a 10 yr. old and 10 month old. Thye saw him on the internet posted by a group that does that to help (also no care). The family got him but he was intimidated by the baby and growled. So the mom advertised him on the resale blog I read for my area. I saw in and thought I could get him. Still no medical given to him by this family.
    So I vet him for fleas and find out he has HW. He also isnt fixed. Assumtion no shots most likely.
    So we treated the fleas. Did a month of antibiotics,now did the procedure. He goes back in another month for another treatment and a 3rd dose the next day. The vet will see him next Wed. also to check heart sounds and lungs. The bladder urine check was negative. He has a little seperation anxiety-big shock!
    He trusts us fairly well now. So he is tech. here illegally because of no license but I cant get it until shots are done and cant do that until the treatemnts are done.
    We love animals and its worth it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC , Thanks,

LOL DH is out covering plants!! WE are under a frost warning tonight!! 75* outside and frost later, well, hopefully it will stay away, until I get the tomatoes and squash in!!

Haha SD, I'm teasing you about frost and I get it!! Hope you can leave the bikes in for awhile, I will really miss them!!

FW, I read carefully everyday to see how the puppy is doing, I'm really happy he's doing good. I believe you sould get something for helping that poor guy, well maybe he thanks you enough with his big wet kisses!! hugs....

TDN, Welcome! Yes, we do have alot of fun, but we also try to help each other through things that are unbelieveable!! I don't know what I would do with out all their support!!

Welcome to the pet lovers corner!! All of us are animal lovers!!!

Oh, by the way, my cats will pee on something when they are mad. Especially Dh's stuff.. Its kinda funny, until you have to clean it up,, lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

sorry dinner break.
    Anyway, I found out thry the grapevine that the female that was w/ him was adopted by a family and they already had a beagle so they know the breed.
    She had a skin condition but allergy not mange.
    So all ya aksed and more. I am very passionate about cats and dogs.

Messaged my Ds and DD sent him a picture of the new car. Trying to keep him grounded. He said nothing new there-to which i said GOOD! no trouble is good.

Treated ourselves to Papa Johns pizza. $10 for 2 meals for 2 people. Worth it IMHO.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-I had a cat like that. When we went on vacation for a weekend we would leave lights on and over feed,over water. Make sure all glass was put away! and she would wait until we saw and pee. Usually ona camping item or laundry from the trip. Clear message recieved.
    love kisses but training him to chin kiss. He is overly apologetic and nervous kisses ya. He has calmed that but it was very sad and irritating.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all! This week has been so busy. We started our water aerobics class and we are having fun with that. DH likes it too. There are three men in the class so he's happy he's not the only guy. Loving the class but it's cutting into my FV time. LOL.

We went hiking on Monday which was awesome. The weather was perfect. The grands were here today for the afternoon and I'm babysitting tomorrow.

Pinetree no, still haven't seen the beavers!! Next week

FW so glad little dog is doing ok.

TDN hi there!!

Hi to ILC, Bernice, Niko, OM (hope you're snuggling baby right now) and anyone I missed.

We are still making s-l-o-w progress on the house. The pool guys came yesterday and got that closed for the season. So glad we have the one at the gym for now but I really miss ours.

Tomorrow I have to babysit then it's more packing. I also need to balance the checkbook and sort through some mail I've let slide the last couple of days.

Now I'm going to go back and read posts and catch up!

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW.....I wonder if the people that adopted the female begal checked her for heart worms? I don't know anything about heart worms......luckily we don't have to worry about that here. How are they spread? I know you are passionate about your pets as am I and I know many others here! I lost my "feral" kittie after having him 9 years just a few weeks ago. It was so, so hard! He seemed to be doing fine then all of a sudden I knew he was not fine. Took him in immediately and they drew blood and sent him home.....exam went well. I got a call just after getting home to rush him back to start on iv for acute kidney failure. The hope was he was just having an episode as they called it and 24-48 hours would flush his kidneys and get them working again. A scan showed his right kidney had shriveled so no telling how much function he had still in his left kidney. After 5 days on iv( with me visiting him at least once a day) I brought him home because there was nothing they could do. He was feeling pretty well from all the iv therapy and we had a very good day at home. I cuddled him all day, took him out on his harness and laid out on the grass in the sun with him. He slept with me that night, doing ok, but the next day I could tell I needed to have the vet stop that night on his way home. He had left the iv thing in his leg, wrapped up. So it was just a little shot into that and my boy was gone. A year ago at this time his blood work was normal as we're both kidneys on an ultrasound they did. I had him 9 years and the shelter said he was 2, but they said everyone was 2 unless they were babies or seniors. He could have been 2-6 plus 9 years do maybe it was just old age. I am a fanatic about anything toxic so I know it was not that.

So the reason I called him my "feral" cat is he came in with 5 other cats and 3 dogs that were kept in a shed for at least a year ( that is how long animal control was aware of them) but they were feeding and watering so nothing could be done until they decided to give them up. They were known as the "smelly" cats.......you can imagine why! My boy was considered feral and undoptable by the shelter and was going to be euthanized! Someone left the cat room door open, he escaped and found a hole in the wall and lived there 2 months coming out at night to use the shelter cats litterbox and food. Finally they trapped him and we had put up such a fuss they said they would find a barn home for him. Instead I took him home to socialize him and it took a good 6 months....maybe a year but he bloomed into a cat acting more like a dog. The kind of cat that comes when called, wants to be with you, loving as can be!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't think there's any UTI involved with the cats, but that's a good thought. Usually when they're sick like that we notice symptoms, and they're not sneaky about it then either. It's just a bad habit for them. We put up with it because it's mostly on the floor. Except once when we still had Louis who was sick at the time, and once years and years ago when Jack did have a UTI or some other urinary issue, none of them have ever peed on furniture. So we just wash stuff. But I'm sick of it. We love our cats but we don't think we ever want another one. At the most, we'd only get one. Then there would be no question about who the culprit was.

We're still hoping to get down to one dog, too, but we tried that when Sparky died and just couldn't stand to see Sugar so sad and lonely. We thought she'd be okay because she's so people-oriented, but she needs doggy company, too. She loves her big bro and depends on him to hear for her and let her know when snacks are being handed out and just be with her, so it's good we brought Sota home for her. I'll never forget how she came in the house ahead of him and the look on her little face when he got to the door. She was wagging like crazy and so happy he was coming to stay. She had a second puppyhood thanks to him. We can tell she feels safer when he's around, too.

Husby was so nice to help me dig out the countertop I wanted to cut down for my desk, and then help me drag out all the tools to do the job and then put everything away and sweep up afterward. It always amazes me how many tools it takes to do even a simple thing. So that's done and I can't believe it because I didn't expect to get that taken care of today. It went well and I managed not to chip the Formica on the countertop. I absolutely love the new arrangement! I only sat there a few minutes but I can see already what a huge improvement it is. The desk is plain dark brown and the countertop is dark brown with a sort of stone pattern, but it all looks great together We would have had a really hard time matching it at all if we had gone looking somewhere to try. Lucky! I now have a huge desk about 70x77, 30" deep both on the main part and on the return which was only 22" before. I'm going to be able to move my laser printer back onto the L and my laptop, too, making both of them much more convenient, and still have room for my mouse pad. And when I type now, both arms will be at the same level. Why didn't I think of this fifteen years ago? Sometimes I'm embarrassingly slow at grasping the obvious.

There's a gap between the new top and the old top on the desk, so I dragged out two rimmed cookie sheets I had in the GW box. They fit great under the new top, so I've gained some shallow storage by adding the new top, too. Not sure what I'll store there yet, but I'm sure something will fit in there. Probably office supplies.

I also took a moose-shaped flower pot I had and repurposed it into a cute pencil holder for my desk.

My office is rapidly approaching perfection.

Husby had a ceramic tea mug with a fancy wildlife mural on it all picked out on Amazon for about $6. Like usual, we were letting our order ferment a while to make sure we really wanted everything in the cart and see if we thought of anything else we wanted. In three days his mug went up to about $15! He's been whining. So today I was in his office for something and noticed a collector mug he has. It's gorgeous with wolves in the woods all over it. He got it cheap NIB at city wide sales earlier this year and it's just been sitting there. So I tried microwaving some water in it and nothing happened that shouldn't have. I have some rubber covers for canning jars and by chance, they fit the mug perfectly and I even had one that's the right color to match the background on the wolf picture. Perfect. He was pretty happy when he got home and saw that. He wanted the one on Amazon, but wasn't going to pay that much.

Watching San Andreas now. Hope we like it. It seems like most movies are just disappointing. So far, so good. Lots of action.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gotta say, if you like disaster/adventure movies, San Andreas would be a great choice! The action started about a minute into it and didn't let up until the very end. It'll be a keeper!