2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 206
Page 206 of 271 FirstFirst ... 106156196203204205206207208209216256 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Took little dude to his appt. in his Tigger costume. I am now that person! Had fun. His heart and lungs sound good. He goes again in 3 weeks for treatment #2/#3.
    So thankful/so far.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, Yea! Thanks for the update on puppy! I am so happy for you, hes doing so well, is he out of the woods yet?
    So thats why my hair is falling out, lol. Sometimes I am so glad I am alone for awhile...
    Do we get to see a picture of that cute puppy?

Rona, Don't give up, keep trying.. yea, I know, sometimes I have to give up to start over again.
    I am coming up on a year with my heart attacks. I wanted to be all normal 3 months ago. I feel like I havent improved at all. I take one step forward and one back. So hang in there!! Try to stay positibe, even tho its hard.

You too GB, I hear the struggle in your voice too! HUgs

ILC, SO happy you spent time with your family, feels good huh!! Hey suppose to get up to 2 feet of snow in the mountains, Looks like its snowing like crazy!! Maybe the bears will go to bed now! Rain down here, we really need it. The trees are starting to change colors now..

Nomad, sure hope you are right and I will like to exercise!

SD, what are you up too, missed you yesterday!

Niko, sending up prayers!

TDN, Hikr, OM, RABBIT, Jen, Bernice, Ayanka, Hi, hope you are all doing well!

Still feeling icky, not sure but maybe catching a cold? I hope not, I have to ask about my flu, pnemonia, and chicken pox( can't remember what you call them ) shots next time. I'm going to sit by my open window, listen and smell the fresh air and rain. MAybe make some carrot cookies.

Today
    check grocery sales
    vacuum under table
    make cookies?

Have a peaceful, restful day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Didn't I post yesterday? Ugh. Long and tiring day again. Sorted stuff for Husby to look over for two hours yesterday. He comes home and moves everything back where I had it. Guess I won't be trying very hard. He did put all the paper stuff I sorted to recycle into a box to be hauled out tomorrow though, so that's something, and to his credit, he also dumped hundreds of cassette tapes and put them in the garage for next time we haul trash. I have to take what I can get. I think it's going to take him not having space to save all the crap he wants to save before he'll face reality about how much stuff he actually has, and that won't happen till all the space in there is filled. Right now the closet is empty and looks huge, the file drawers are all empty and look huge, etc. He's not good at visualizing so I'm hoping once those spaces start to quickly fill up, he'll finally get it.

Did a bunch of measuring and I think the old, old, old tin-top hutch of my grandma's that's been in purgatory out in the garage for years will fit in my office where we put the shelf unit we bought in Cook for $5. I love that cabinet because it's really cute, but it's very dirty and it's painted with hundred year old paint. I've been intending to strip it but recently gave myself a reality check on that idea. The result is I know I'll never get around to stripping it. So I'm hoping we can dig it out yet this fall and I can give it a good scrub-down and then repaint it. If I ever do decide to strip it I still can, but in the meantime it'll be usable. It's not very good storage either, but I still love it. I want to put plants on it in my office instead of the sewing machine cabinet I just bought, and use the sewing machine for a printer stand next to my desk. The hutch needs a lot of work but I'm not going to be in a hurry once I get it washed down, since that needs to be done outside and we're rapidly running out of time. I'll move it into my office to work on so it doesn't add to the chaos in the house, and slap on the paint on the back and the one side so it can sit in the corner where it goes, out of the way, and then work on it as I get to it. It'll be good to get that in use and also free up the space in the garage.

The shelves that will have to be moved out of my office to make space for the hutch should fit in Husby's office closet, so that means I won't have to build shelves in there. I hope all this works out. I love scratching projects off the list, whether it's by repurposing something like the shelves, or getting the hutch painted so I can start using it.

Got a bunch of writing done yesterday. I'm about halfway through the rough draft. That's the hard part. I can't wait to get done with that so I can start revisions, the fun part. The rough draft is the skeleton, revisions put the meat on the bones. I just hope something comes of it once all this work is done.

Did a mountain of dishes today. Where do they come from? Washed a load of clothes, too. I didn't get up till ten. I got up at seven briefly but then laid down again for a second and slept three more hours. That's unusual for me so I guess I needed it.

Glad to hear about the little dog, FW.

Rona, glad you can walk a little bit and do some gardening. Isn't it getting late in the year to garden there?

It looks like everyone is doing okay. I'm hoping everyone with health issues are able to make progress and get answers about whatever's been vexing you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

long day. After the dogs appt. I showered and headed right over to the rescue. I stayed longer because he had things covered. What?? right. He left at 3pm to do a job service and meet up w/ someone he used to work w/.Also dropping the bomb to pick up DD if he's late for 6 pm. Sheeet.

In good news 10 animals were adopted on Sat. at the Rochester (rich) market. If weather permits they will do it again.
    So dont know if I said but little dogs arent my thing and the chiuaua (why cant I spell that???) but today I met copper. He's a adorable Copper colored one and I just fell in love. He's still that tiny and I wuv him. He weighs 8#'s. He isnt yappy and we should have him about 10 more min. he's so sweet!! This must be Hunters fault.

I have to say the rescue people are sad today as "we" lost one of our own. She was an outreach person from a rescue that brought dogs to us that needed rescue and took supplies to people w/o food for their pets. It will be hard to replace her or find anyone to do sort of what she did.

Hope everyones doing well. I am beat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FW – I am so in touch with...the man needs to get a job or I’m going to jail.... Mine has been off since mid Jan. and he’s making me just a bit batty. As for your mom and the leaves I think there must be some compulsion code in certain genes that kicks on when we get older. 2 summers ago my father, I think he was 79 at the time(but honestly I’m awful at ages) got obsessed with taking out two tree stumps, one was just over 3 feet in diameter and the other was about 4 and a half feet in diameter. (Wait for it….) ……with a hand hatchet, ROOTS and all, turning it into mulch. Yes, all with the little hatchet. All day, every day. He would then bag up the mulch in little grocery bags everyday and set them out on the curb with a sign for free mulch. My mother couldn’t get him to do much of anything else all summer because he was taking the stumps out, On top of that the holes in the yard were HUGE!. I’ll have to see if Mom still has the pictures.

GB, and Pinetree – rest up and take it as you can. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Rona – PT is the pits but the excersize usually helps.

SD – Very motivating to read what you are getting accomplished!

Niko – I keep seeing Pinetree posting to you so I thought I’d do the same. PM’d you (it’s short) as soon as I popped back in the other day but not sure if you get those from everyone or if you’ve turned them off. Been thinking of you. Sending HUGS and good vibes.

Finally a normal length day at work. Weather has warmed up some again and so I went on my run outside instead of on a treadmill. Dropped DS#2 at work, started laundry, did dishes, and sorted through stuff in the fridge while I was looking for leftovers. Gonna just putter about the rest of the evening.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I read all your post and I can relate to all of you!! Different people from different parts of the country but same ol problems!

Still working on yesterday's list......should be done today though!

FW.....I have never, ever been a little dog person. Give me a lab any day! But, that being said, if someone were to dump a little dog off on my doorstep tonight I would probably be in love (and keeping him!) by morning. Us animal types are just like that I guess?

Have a great evening everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husky owners refer to little dogs as 'snack dogs'. (Did I really say that out loud? ) Some huskies have a high prey drive and can be hazardous to small animals including cats and dogs. I'd have a small dog if I couldn't have anything else, but they wouldn't be my first choice. But that's the nice thing about dogs, they're the most diverse species on the planet, so there's a size that fits everyone.

When we went to Minneapolis last year to visit poor Nikita, we went to the dog park. One person was there with a chihuahua and a Great Dane. It was something to see those two together! I'd have been afraid the Dane would step on the little one.

I found a recipe a while back online that looked like it had potential for a WW-friendly hot chocolate mix. I just made up a small batch. We both like it, the first hurdle. So I ran it through WW's recipe builder and it came out to only 2 Points Plus per 8 oz. serving!

Sugar Free Fat Free Hot Chocolate Mix
    3 c. dry nonfat milk
    1 c. Spenda
    1/2 c. baking cocoa
    1 (1.4 oz.) pkg. FF SF instant chocolate pudding mix
    Mix and store. Use 1/4 c. mix to 1 c. hot water. 19 servings, 2 PP per serving.

I'm going to love this in my freezing cabin this winter! I found a cute Hershey's tin that holds about a quart, which will be perfect for my office kitchenette. I had it in the camper but we never used it and luckily it didn't get donated.

Pinetree, you should have seen the sky when we came home from town. The sunset was all pink and orange and spectacular, and it reflected off the bottom of the clouds. It looked like the sky was on fire, just so beautiful. We need to get into the habit of bringing a camera with when we drive into town. There are so many gorgeous sights on our way, there's always something we enjoy seeing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Took little dude to his appt. in his Tigger costume. I am now that person! Had fun. His heart and lungs sound good. He goes again in 3 weeks for treatment #2/#3.
    So thankful/so far.
    there is a new bar for "that person" with their pets, google Trump your Cat/Dog, it's so funny. Or Bernie Your Baby, that one is weird. We are going to ferminate Buddy, has long red/blonde hair and Trump Bernice, who has short hair. Should be cute.

FW, I'm behind, what happened to you fur baby?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We bought lumber for the baseboards in the office today. Ace didn't have any paint on sale except their Clark and Kensington samples for $1/pint, so we got two of those. Paint's going to be on sale in November, so I'll use the samples now for the baseboard in the closet. Then we'll get the rest of the paint next month. We should have enough to keep us busy in there till then, without painting. I got the spackle today too, so have that to do. We ended up buying 1x3s for the baseboard. Very cheap, about $14 for the whole 10x13 room plus 4x4 closet. Can't complain. Ace's Royal paint and Clark and Kensington are my current favorites when it comes to paint. I made the mistake of using some Walmart paint right after using the Ace Royal. No comparison! I won't be buying anymore WM paint, ever. Ace paint might be three times the price, but WM paint takes three coats instead of one so it's three times the work and ends up costing almost as much. Lesson learned there.

Tomorrow Ace is having an online webinar about their new chalk paint that you're supposed to be able to use with no prep work. I'm hoping I can learn something useful for my antique cabinet. I'm sure the new paint is expensive but since I got the cabinet free, I'd be okay with it.

Got a new WW cookbook today at GW. Every time I think I've bought every WW cookbook they could have possibly published in the past fifteen years, I find another one. I also got a white fabric shower curtain for $1 (half price) to line the new curtains I'm going to make for my office, which I'm also making from a shower curtain. Husby found a tapestry NWT marked $40 from Kohl's, half price at $1.50. It's an old mill with a water wheel and some ducks in the stream. He loves that kind of stuff. I'm going to incorporate it into his new giant bulletin board when I get around to building that. It'll work with the printed burlap I picked up free at a sale last summer and also the license plates I'm going to frame the bulletin board with. I can't wait till we figure out some more furniture placement in there so I can get to work on the bulletin board. He thinks he doesn't want one but he always puts pins in the wall cabinet we're getting rid of and tapes stuff to the walls and shuts his calendars in cabinet doors because he has nowhere to hang them and all. He's going to love it, and if he doesn't, then we can take it out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-smack talking begins!! We refer to huskies as defective wolves!! (bobs head and waggles finger)lol And yes I am sick to death of-Do you think they will be ok w/ ferrets? Yes,but only as an appetizer!! We live in a trailer park,can we adopt that husky. Of course and food will be free,there are always lots of dogs and cats loose in a park.AAAAH!

TDN=this dog is a pocket beagle so the beagle part gives him an in w/ me,plus the HW bit has brought out the momitude cuz' the kids are grown. But mostly his attitude is BIG. Like I said before he isnt for those w/ small ones. If he dont like it he says so and enough is enough. The lady vet was manipulating his back and then his spine after he tried to get up and kinda bonked into the bed. She was bending his neck back w/ his mouth held shut and he snapped. I dont care for her
    and he prob. picked it up. I had gotten worried he was in an accident when he was a runner before I had gotten him so I let her do more than i would.

TRN-so very sorry for you. DH is in this spiral. He cant seem to get a permanent position and is taking contract work. He is telling me this new one is LT and I am like BFD! the last one they said that and you had it fizzle 3 months early! Plus this is another 1 hr. drive. I guess at least this would be in a safer car? I live more defensively these days.
    He is impulsive anyway but now he is just keyed up all the time. Always on the phone,running here and there to meet up w/ old mates from jobs. The tension in Kaboom!!!

Dmom is a bit obsessive. Ddad was way obsessive. He was 85 w/ a bad heart and went out bending over to pick up sticks. Oh,and cutting off the blood supply to a heart working at 45%? Ddad used to rake like leaves into piles. Like certain barrels had Oak,poplar,maple. Dmom quit raking w/ him because he would get mad. So I understand that she is an adult but her judgement, to me, is scewed. An hour not 5 hrs. is appropriate to rake if you feel ok. Plus I personally would love her to be going to the senior center for movies,games,friends?
    My Dbro said he had to touch everything when he was a kid. I never knew. And we shared a bedroom.
    I collect things. And go overboard on stuff. GEnetics. Gotta love it.

Bad day at the rescue. The toilet backed up and the room I take care of smelled of methane. GRoss. Last month it was the furnace. I spent time in the main cat hall area. Bailed. YUP!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am EXHAUSTED! Picked up my glasses today and have to work myself into them. They are strong. Then I made my way to Dollar General for DH's underwear and I walked out buying 4 deviled egg containers at 20 cents each and a pair of shorts for my granddaughter, grandson, and a complete outfit for my other grandson for $1 each. Boy did I do well. I finally made my way to the grocery store and then went home. Went to Hobby Lobby and Michaels to try to find a needlepoint stocking kit with an angel. Impossible. Gave up and stopped at the nursery and bought a red honeysuckle and purple asters to add to my butterfly, hummingbird, bee garden. Bet I sleep well tonight. Tomorrow I am going with my neighbors to a party planner bizarre in which all the different restaurants and anyone having to do with parties will be giving away prizes and free food at the local university. I will let you know how it turns out. Hope you all are doing well. We are getting ready to have flash floods starting tomorrow night through the weekend. Oh, boy do we need the rain, but not too much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like you got some deals.
    Hope you have fun,that sounds like an unusual event,think that would be fun to check out. Need to hit the Dollar Tree for Halloween cards if they still have any. Dmom likes cards.

Need to buy some food today. I been avoiding the groc. and it shows. I may peek in Ollies and see if they have anymore of the canned cat food. I ended up giving 5 cases (of 24 cans) to the rescue that I had gotten at .20 each and 3 boxes of Nitrile gloves for the vet area. Those were .$3.99/50% off @ Goodwill a few months ago. I need to clear the van before winter and that helped a bit.
    I may check around and hit a few sales too.
    Everyone take care,hugs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2--I am addicted to free and cheap. I don't need drugs, just point me to a sale. DH and I went back to Dollar General and I bought another egg container for 20 cents to give to my SIL. They eat a lot of deviled eggs. So excited to go the party planner event today for free food and hopefully I will win a door prize, but I have to mail some packages before that. Not much else today. I have red beans cooking in the crock for dinner.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit Deer.......I get tired just reading what all you accomplish! WTG!

Finally got through all the laundry. Going to do a little yard work today and paint a little alcove, I guess you would call it? I have left over paint and it needs lightened up, no natural light in there. I am also of the thinking that good paint is worth the price. Benjamin Moore is my favorite and that is all I have used in years!

Need to go pick up painting supplies, the area I am painting is small but there are 3 doors plus built in cabinets so will not be a fun area to paint!

Need to go socialize rescue kitties today too......I took yesterday off and I feel guilty about it.

Have a fabulous day everyone!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok i got through it, just here for a short update. I did get the appartement empty, painted and cleaned, so hopefully it will be rented out soon now. Im really happy that is done no matter what though, I really hate being there, and having all that white (obligated colour to paint in) doesn't help.