2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 207
Page 207 of 271 FirstFirst ... 107157197204205206207208209210217257 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, I know you're glad to have that apartment finished! All white--how boring, but understandable.

TDN, I'm with you on the big dogs. Never had a little one, we love the big ones. Most of our doggies have been Labs who we happen to find--or maybe they find us? One of our dogs stumped even the vets. We never knew what he was, but he was pretty and very very sweet and he was with us for 13 years till he had a heart attack. We've never had a dog that weighed under 65-70 pounds.

Gbug, I know some places in Texas have had some bad flooding. Praying your area escapes that.

SD, if your DH doesn't want the bulletin board, I'll take it.

fw, glad that Hunter is doing all right. I'm so sorry about your DH's job situation.

pinetree, I still haven't made cheesecake even though I have 6 packages of cream cheese in the fridge! DH's doctor told him he was "slightly overweight" and to eat less and exercise more, and I'm still trying to lose 5 pounds, so cheesecake is just tooooooo tempting to have around.

Everyone else, hi, and hope things are going well.

My college roomie is in town visiting her parents and she's supposed to call today so we can get together but I haven't heard from her yet, so I'm waiting, yet trying to be productive. I am NOT good at that.

For Thursday:

1) Reset den DONE
    2) Unload dishwasher DONE
    3) Revise menus for the next few days DONE
    4) Talk with DH about errands/weekend plans/next week's calendar
    5) Mop
    6) Swish and swipe bathrooms
    7) Gather more donation items

Have a great day, ladies!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Waiting for a the paint webinar to start.....

I got the first coat on the baseboard we're putting in Husby's office. I bought two sample cans one pint each and I don't think I used 1/4 of the first one. They'll need one more coat which will take even less. The samples only come in satin and I had wanted semi-gloss so the plan was to just do the closet baseboard in satin and then buy a gallon for the rest, but for the $1 the one sample can cost, I'm not going to buy a $30 gallon for a finish that'll mostly be behind furniture where no one will see it anyway. I think the color will be fine.

I told Husby to pick up a sample of the boring tan wall color we picked last night. I think it'll be a good color for that room but need to slap some on the wall and see before we commit. The baseboard is a darker brown with a hint of red. It should look nice with the existing woodwork and the furniture in there. I really want to get the paint on the walls so we can move on to arranging things and figuring out the final positioning of all his stuff.

Webinar! Laterz.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just got home from the party planner zone and I am stuffed: Cupcakes, cookies, ice cream, scrambled eggs and sausage, soft tacos, sandwiiches, pork jalapeño poppers, pizza, candy, mac and cheese, salad. I also brought home a bag filled with pens, t-shirt, koozies, notepads, stress balls, and much more. What a fun thing! I took a baggie and brought the sweets home to DH. I would tell anyone to see if they have a party planner exhibition in their town and go early. By the time we left, it was packed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The webinar was interesting. Not sure the furniture I have to do would work for the techniques shown but it was still worth watching. I have some ideas now for a couple things I want to do. I really like that this person is a thrifter and a curb picker and an estate sale shopper. I can relate! She said people throw out 28,000,000 pieces of furniture a year. I know we've tossed quite a bit this year, most of which no one would have wanted.

Now I just want to go paint something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nomad, Thanks, Don't work to hard today!

TDN, Wow thats alot of reading!

SD, Thanks for the hot chocolate recipe, I'll have to figure it out and see if I can have it. The sky sounds amazing, did it ;look like my avatar? That was taken from my front yard when the sky was on fire. Yes, take your camera, you have such beautiful scenery up there, that you are probably use to!
    I agree with the ace , kensington & clark paint, but ace told Dh about a years ago they sold the forumla to benjamin moore and would only carry the label for another 5 years.

FW, So sorry you lost one of your own, she will be hard to replace. Those little dogs grow on ya huh!! I love 'em all, from my little weiner dog to my beautiful huggie black dane.

Niko, sending up prayers for ya!

OM, thinking about you? Hugs

GB, WTG on your deals and freebies! Sounds like you did wonderful at your bizzarre!! Be careful with the flooding, I see chasers are moving into Texas already.

Ayanka, Yippiee! Does this mean you never have to go back to that apt again and you can enjoy your new home and move on?? Hope so!! Hugs!!

ILC, aww, I really wanted cheesecake!! Maybe carrot of pumpkin cookies instead? lol I cant lose for the life of me now, the DR said I didnt lose a pound, sob.. Good luck losing your 5!!!

Rona, Hoping your PT went well. Dont over work yourself.

RABBIT, I Miss You! Hoping you stop by and say HI?

Hi to everyone I forgot..

Its raining and gloomy today, but it cooled off so it feels pretty good. The mountains are getting hammered, theres chains required on some passes, we need the snow for next years water, so the more the better. Its 50* here so the garden is getting a good drink and a break from the heat.
    Fixed stew for dinner last night, it was pretty good, its been too warm to have soups and stews.
    Kinda taking it easy, I pretty sure I am fighting a cold, thats just what I need. Geeze, I gotta get something to eat, its almost 12:30 and I havent eaten breakfast!

todays list
    dust, clean up hutch
    pay bills
    clean bathroom
    exercise

Have a wonderful day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gb-color me green.
    I took DD to Tubby's Subs. and then drug her to a G.sale. I found a giant beer stein w/ Ds's name on it for a buck. And a new kitty cat fountain. She was asking $10. w/ a $37.50 tag on it. If the cats here dont like it-maybe the Rescue. We have 1 and the cats in my room love it.

Havent done any chores. The tree here are so beautiful this time of year. Just driving down my road is a color tour. I feel so fortunate. We have yellow gold,brite green,deep rust,a deep purple sugar maple,red,and forest green pines just in sight of this house. I love living in a forest w/ so many mature trees.
    I admit,just want to savour the last days before the drop.

Hope all is going well. Hoping to message w/ Ds. Haven't heard his voice in about 2 months now?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning, yesterday totally got away from me. We had our water class in the morning and then I ran DH over to meet DD and the kids. DD took he and her oldest DD out to lunch and I took the little one home with me for some one on one time. We had lunch, played and took a 2 mile stroller walk where she promptly fell asleep. LOL. She only woke up when she dropped her stuffed loon I rescued him for her and she fell back asleep. Cutie!! They got back and hung out till supper time and I have to say by the time I fixed supper and cleaned that up I landed on the couch and that was all she wrote for the night

This morning we had water class and my bottoms decided to depart. That was fairly horrifying. We were supposed to jump up and touch the flags hanging over the pool. When I jumped up my bottoms went down. Holy moly! So that ended my jumps for the day. When everyone jumped I just kinda ran in place. ROFL! So now I'm on the hunt for a bathing suit bottom in October in the north. Not an easy task. Weight loss is great but a wardrobe malfunction not so great! After class we stayed after for the lap swim and got in a 1/4 mile swim (regular swimming is OK with the bottoms. It's just the waist that's loose and when you jump up you kind of suck in your stomach a bit and BOOM down they go). Since we got back I've been sorting through paperwork (piles and piles...) and I did a bunch of shredding and filing. Balanced checkbooks too. I also got the curtains washed for the new house so once DH gets the rods up I can put the curtains up. We are still packing and organizing...I feel like it'll never end. I have craft night tonight.

GB I chuckled about you having to toss DHs underwear. Mine is the same way. Well, he's like that with socks too. He'll give me the rattiest, holiest socks and undies to wash and I just finally gave up saying "hey buddy I'm going to toss these" because then he's all "those are perfectly fine". NO. So now when those roll into the laundry I toss them in the trash and he has no choice but to use the new stuff of which he has plenty. LOL

TDN I have only one cat now and I could still totally get pet hair up if I vacuumed daily. She is a shedder!

Pinetree I will let you know how the dietitian visit goes. I haven't got an appt yet as my doc office has to get the authorization from my insurance and those wheels can sometimes turn slowly. So I'm just waiting for a call back with an appt. Hopefully they aren't really backed up on appts.

ILC glad you've gotten some good visit time with your DS. And it's good he finally kicked that sinus infection. Those are tough to kick.

RootedNomad I hope you're right on me eventually looking forward to exercise. It's never been my thing (which explains my weight issues). But I'm hoping. I am going to try a new class tomorrow that is supposed to cover step class aerobics, cardio and strength training using light weights and interval training. I'm a little nervous!

FW that's good your Mom's furnace is fixed. That sounds like a nightmare with your DH putting the cable etc into Hunter's room. WHAT?? LOL! What did the vet's office say when you brought Hunter in wearing his costume?? I bet he was adorable!! I'm so happy to hear that his heart and lungs sound good. That's awesome!!

Rona that's a good idea about the course through the college. Thanks for the link. I set up a watch for that. It would be interesting. I know the basics of nutrition but not the detailed stuff which is important too. When do you have to have the MRI? That's discouraging I'm sure that you're not making a lot of progress but hang in there.

SD thanks for the cocoa recipe. I drink it very rarely but that would be good to have for those times that a hot cup sounds good. I had to laugh at the "snack dogs" comment!! My in laws had a min pin. That dog was the meanest dog I'd ever met. He almost swore me off small dogs for life. Since then though I have met some nice small dogs so I'm good either way. DH always like big dogs so with the exception of our first dog who was a shepherd / husky / hound mixed breed we've had a retired racing greyhound and a Great Dane. After having had the big dog last with the Dane he has now moved past wanting to have a big dog again. She was a love and we miss her still but it was tough having such a large animal.

I need to get cracking. Hello to anyone I missed and hope you all have a good night!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Where is everyone?!

We did errands first thing today so that's over.

For Friday:

1) Tractor Supply, Aldi, Piggly Wiggly DONE
    2) Get meat into freezer DONE
    3) Catch up on some emails DONE
    4) Mop (didn't do it yesterday since DH said he and the dogs were going to the river today, and no sense having them drip all over a clean floor. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)
    5) Personal laundry
    6) Do some filing
    7) Record recent expenditures

Have a good Friday, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey,paying my ins and then wiping up the tears!! Holy crap. I just paid $1215.11 for 3 cars/full coverage 6 months. But I am only used to having 2! And old cars not this new dude. Guess whose DD MUST chip in for the ins. I had hoped to cover it and just let her buy the car. I dont think she can anyway though because she has no valid license and only the permit still. She cant register it I think. Gotta call.????

Going to see "puppy" and then hit the groc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC--Been out and about. Glad you finished so many tasks today.
    FW2--I hate paying insurance, but at least I am able to.

Raining cats and dogs here. Went to orientation this morning to be able to volunteer at the local soup kitchen. Starting this in November. Not much on the agenda today except laundry and finishing paperwork for my class and showcase tomorrow. Everyone have a blessed day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-sounds good. I worked 1 day at a soup kitchen pouring coffee. So much drama.
    Gotta say I just write the check now.
    I just got caught off guard because we got the car so quick and now DD wants to buy the other so it is ins. too. We never,and I mean never had 3 cars before.
    And yes,I snagged $100. discount for paying 6 months at once.

We are having a nice cooler fall day but no rain. Thats supposed to hit Tomorrow (i=on the weekend-like always!!lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

tgif Happy weekend.. hope everyone enjoys it

Stay safe, dry and warm, enjoy all the colors of fall. hug your furbabies...

I'm, kinda to myself today, will be back later... Hugs
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just doing boring stuff today. Second load of laundry in the washer, first load in the dryer, leftover dryer load put away. Four loads of clothes yet to do. We're so far behind because both of us are so focused on the two offices lately. I feel like I could sleep for a year, but I'd settle for one entire night.

I dug the shelves in the cabin out and shoved the unsorted picture frames into the corner where the shelf was, so now the shelves can be brought in and, hopefully, installed in Husby's office closet over the weekend. Also dragged in another chair that goes with the dining set we want in the family room when the pool table is gone, whenever that happy day arrives. Getting the picture frames out of the middle of the floor in my office makes room for Grandma's cabinet I hope to get dug out and cleaned up in the garage this weekend, too.

Shoved some more GW stuff in the box to donate.

Broke down some more cardboard boxes to recycle. Sure hope we get to the dump tomorrow.

Sorted some canning jars to give to Mom, and then rearranged my quart jars so the vintage blue ones and new green ones don't get lost in the back of the cabinet.

Put the second and last coat of paint on the baseboards for Husby's office. Both coats took less than a half pint of paint. Glad we didn't buy a gallon. I can never judge how much paint I need for any project. Husby can drag in the air compressor so we can get those installed. Then we can start moving stuff in there. That's going to help a lot. It's impossible to organize if there's nowhere to organize to.

Still working on the to-do list for the weekend. Lots of things to get done, but most of them have to be done in a certain order. Don't think we'll get to the dock, which is bad. I was going to start bringing the chairs and stuff up this morning but then the rain started, so that'll have to wait.

My hands are so chapped and torn up from everything I've been doing lately my computer doesn't recognize my fingerprint anymore. I feel so abandoned.

The Cook Lions are out to get us. There was a news story on last night that they're having a Halloween haunted school as a fundraiser in the old school where the big sale is always held. So the Lions decided to have a first ever "half million dollar sale." Ugh. We're making a list because there are about four pieces of furniture we still need, mostly upgrades. Husby said he needs to order the spare tire for the trailer, but I told him we don't have room in the house if we bring that much big stuff home. The sale is on Halloween so we have some time yet to consider what we really need and decide if it's worth the fifty-mile drive. Sadly, I doubt we'll be able to talk ourselves out of it. WDIO.com - Cooktoberfest in Cook is Coming Up!

Why, in a house stuffed full of all sorts of food, is it so difficult to figure out what the heck to have for supper?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, stop that!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-same reason I want to run down to the diner for soup when I have 50 packets of Bear Creek and am good at making soup!!
    Yeah. Glad thats near you. DD is working the adult Haunted house this year. And I wish she wasnt. People get so drunk and crazy before they go. And worse inside.
    As you can tell-not a fan.