2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 209
Page 209 of 271 FirstFirst ... 109159199206207208209210211212219259 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB, hope you can get it all straightened out. We just went through the mess of medical bills, too. I don't know why insurance and medical providers can't just do their damn jobs and quit putting patients through hell for no good reason.

ILC, hope you and yours are feeling better.

FW, I hope your dog is doing okay, and I really hope your husband can find work soon.

Hikr, sounds like you had a great time as usual.

Hi to everyone else. Have a great Monday!

My back was acting up yesterday (no surprise there) so I took it easy. Husby wasn't feeling great either. This wild summer and fall with all the physical activity is catching up, I think. We did go out to the garage and moved some furniture. Then we designated the newly re-installed metal cabinet as Fastener Central and put a bunch of fasteners away. We have a really long way to go with getting all that sorted and organized, but it's a start. I also filled two big metal coffee cans with some nails we've had for at least thirty years, so we can donate those somewhere. We rarely use nails, but I did save a peanut butter jar full, just in case. Now we can get rid of the big pail they were in. I also emptied the big square pail of deck screws we used last year when we rebuilt the back porch and put those in another large coffee can so they take less space and fit in the cabinet.

We ran across some goofy stuff we bought at an estate sale last summer for a nickel. It's like lava rock in rectangular bars or maybe it actually is lava rock, and it's used to strip paint. I tried it out on Grandma's cabinet and it works like a charm, rips the paint right off without damaging the wood. We got a whole box of it, maybe six bars, but it falls apart quickly. I love that it's not a chemical stripper, so I hope I can find more if it's not enough to do the whole project. It makes a huge mess but a broom will take care of that, and we won't have to haul it sixty miles to the hazardous waste dump site. At the least, it'll minimize the stripper I'll have to use. That stuff's expensive and messy in a different way that's not at all fun to deal with.

It's really foggy today. I can barely see the road in front of our house, can't see the lake at all. It's supposed to be sunny and in the fifties today and I hope it is, because I want to work in the garage most of the day on my three current pet projects, the glider rocker, sewing machine cabinet, and Grandma's cabinet. I feel very time-pressured because it's almost November when winter will start to set in. Besides, I just want to get these things done!

We found one of these in the metal pile at the dump Saturday:

The back is missing, the seat vinyl was all ripped up, and it needs all the bolts tightened, so naturally we dragged it home. It's already come in very handy in the garage, where it'll spend the rest of its natural life. As soon as I saw it I knew we needed it. We're always dragging out ladders to get stuff and now with this, we won't have to, plus it'll be the right height to sit on if we want to sit at the workbenches. It'll take me about five minutes to replace the vinyl on the seat, once I dig out the vinyl which is in my sewing room closet. I might add a little padding to the seat if I can get that to work out. I already trashed the old vinyl. We were both pretty happy about finding this. We have a similar one bought new for our kitchen, and we paid $40 for that. We wouldn't have paid $40 for one to live in the garage, but that doesn't make it any less useful.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-every night. Dh does his own laundry. No other house work though. Well,cat boxes.
    Had to laugh. DH loves the CC points. Now he thinks we should have put the car on the CC for the points. I am stuck to categories but at least he is coming around. Got him saving coupons now too for oil changes and haircuts. I still make $21.-30. in credits every month. Free money!

Need to do my bedding and mop the kitchen come H or high water today. PLus get groceries. I know he wants chili. And I want chicken soup.
    Also empty the DW
    make dental cleaning appt. and 2 more cats (to finish) and Maxx to recheck his glucose (free) for hyper.

Fall is definitely here, Cold and crispy so we broke down and lit the Apt. space heater.
    So the rescue did about 14 cats/kittens in the last 2 weeks. Unfortunatly the farm market is too cold now so we are just at the rescue and Petsmart. I love seeing the facebook site w/ all the adoptees pictures of the pets they adopted. I think about a dozen dogs got adopted too.

DD is home today and dealing w/ Hunter, He is doing ok just squeaky.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-wondering why your back was ok this long! Mine def. wouldnt have been.
    And thanks regarding the job. This employed/unemployed bit is getting old=fast.
    All projects are in limbo until we can get income. And the stress is so bad for him.

Fortunately=his physical and his dental cleaning were covered 100% so that helps.
    But I'm sure something will pop up. Paid the Car ins. bill I ran thru the CC so we are still debt free. Just got $21. from points. Now the huge bag of bottle I cash in will help keep the groc. down. Getting gas today so I can close that out. Clickety clack. lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I guess the new vinyl for my stool seat isn't going to be as quick as I thought. I don't want to replace it with the paper-thin vinyl they had on there, so will have to do something different with it, maybe. I'll think on it a while. If I wanted to keep replacing it, I could use the thin stuff but I want to put some good durable stuff on there and do it ONE TIME. Especially since it'll have to live through all the heat/cold cycles we get in the unheated garage. I'm thinking I could add some wood strips to staple the new cover to. That would be a good excuse for playing with air tools, too.

I don't care if it does take a bit longer to fix, it's still going to be nice having it in the garage, and well worth dragging it home and fixing it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, missed your first post. Tell your husband there's usually a pretty hefty fee, like 3.5% or whatever the dealership has to pay to the CC company, added on if you want to charge a car.

Make chili AND chicken soup, freeze leftovers. Then that problem is solved for a while. LOL.

To be honest I think my back has been okay this long because of me being more active over the past year and a half. Ever since we rebuilt the back porch last year, I haven't had nearly as much back trouble. I think I built up some muscle now. And when I do have back pain, it's a two-day recovery instead of two weeks or more. Exercise helps the pain and stiffness too, and it's been a lot quicker recovery since I accepted that reality. It seems counter-intuitive to move more when things hurt, but it really does work as long as I don't immediately overdo again. Losing twenty pounds hasn't hurt the situation any either. Which I need to remember when I'm tempted to overeat, because if I could lose another twenty, I'd only feel that much better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I haven't had any back issues since I lot weight, so I agree with you that it probably helps. I love that chair/stool combo you found--useful in so many ways!

fw, glad you heard from your son. And how wonderful some of the critters are getting adopted! We have a couple of rescue groups here who have had dogs since puppyhood; I know of one doggie who is 7 and has always lived at the shelter. Breaks my heart but with our two and all the cats we haven't the space or the money for any others. But oh, how I would love to take that boy.

Gbug, should you call the doctor about how you're feeling? That worries me about the possible TIA. Take it easy and rest as much as you need to.

Ok, everybody else, where are you? pinetree, Rona, hikr, om, Jen, TDN, Ayanka, and anyone I missed----post soon if you can.

DH and I both woke up this morning feeling so much better and we've already gotten some dreaded stuff done.

For Monday:

1) Phone calls DONE
    2) Financial stuff with DH DONE
    3) Finish laundry DONE
    4) Catch up on week's appointments with DH DONE
    5) End-of-month budget work (from yesterday)
    6) Finish Bible study homework for tonight

It's cool and rainy and dreary here, and will be tomorrow too, but we need some rain and the cool temps mean we don't need AC.
    Plus we have plenty of leftovers for supper, and tomorrow night we have our Senior Adult dinner at church, so no cooking for two nights in a row. I'm happy....

Have a good one, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, the fun doesn't start until I'm bleeding. LOL! Nothing serious. You'd think after all these years and all those quarts of blood, I'd learn to put on some gloves while working with sheet metal, but no. I like living dangerously, I guess.

ILC, my diet buddy said her husband's doctor told him the only thing wrong with his back is what's around his front. I have the same problem and I'd have to agree.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, the fun doesn't start until I'm bleeding. LOL! Nothing serious. You'd think after all these years and all those quarts of blood, I'd learn to put on some gloves while working with sheet metal, but no. I like living dangerously, I guess.

ILC, my diet buddy said her husband's doctor told him the only thing wrong with his back is what's around his front. I have the same problem and I'd have to agree.

The sad thing about the stool we salvaged is the first thing it got used for was for Husby to stand on so he could retrieve the two big speaker magnets from behind a metal cabinet we had just moved. I managed to drop them behind and of course they stuck to the steel cabinet. The stool came in pretty handy when he suddenly needed to be a foot taller to lean over the cabinet!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Afternoon, I'm checking in so you guys dont worry.

I think I have caught a cold, a minor one but it is kicking my rear end... I have no energy, just dont feel well, so taking it easy, Have DR. appt Wed. hopefully feeling better by then.

GB, sending up prayers for you. I know the feeling, I have to pay for this oxygen every month plus all the co pays and meds.... Hope it all changes a round for you.

FW, sending up a prayer for a job and furbabies, and your DS, ok, for your WHole family!! Hugs

ILC, I hope I didnt send this to you! I would hate for you to get this!! Glad you are feeling better!

SD, Blood?? excuse me while I passout, ohh,, Maybe your baackis hurting cause you havent been ont he lake?? lol, sounds good huh?? Hope you are feeling better.. I have been going to bed with my hot water bottle on my back, yep, I swear by my hot water bottle!!

OM, HUgs

Niko, sending up prayers.

RABBIT, are you gone forever?? Really missing you!

Jen, Rona, hikr, Ayanka, TDN, Bernice, Nomad, HI!!

Nothing on my list today, but I have got the anaheims roasted, peeled, cut up and froze.
    Bannana peppers all caught up and pickled
    Zucchini and spagetti squash all brought in and put in storage
    need to cut and bring in the chives.

Just doing what I need to each day, someone please send me some energy!!

Have a wonderful day and Take Care of Yourself!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-we are full and over full here. We have quite a few pets w/ issues all of the sudden. Gracie has healed completely from her chin cyst. The HW dog takes up an incredible amt of time carrying him up and down stairs to do his business. Maxx needs special food now. Yeah and of course Mackie and meds for his knees.
    I feel they do an excellent job at these rescues. Another cat I like got adopted. I want to believe the attention I give them helps but IDK. I always make comments to the director about personality. She has a hard job. No less than about 90 cats at any one time and new adoptees and arrivals constantly. They even keep track of weight on cats and kittens. I do a lot of brushing to make sure their coats look kempt. Disheveled animals get passed by.

Sd-I'd say be careful but deaf busy ears and all. Glad your new stool is already earning its keep. And yes I find my back suffers from the same thing. No room in the freezer for both.
    Was in the groc. forever. Between the pharmacy,bottle returns of $12.,clearanced joint meds for Mackey and groceries I donated $200. Then got gas $25. I need to hit the dollar Tree but I have shell shock already.
    I bought Caltrate gummies calcium. And IMHO they are doable. The reg. Calcium hits my stomach like a bomb and makes me queasy. These taste kinda like fruit slices and a bottle last 25 days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-orange juice up but water it down for the acid. That kills colds! Thanks for the prayers. Much needed.

well better finish here and see dog. DD has had him a very long time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all!

Today was a zoo. I got up at 4:15 so I could be ready and at the gym at 5:30 for an exercise class. I made it but the class was really tough. I have knee issues so they had to modify my moves quite a bit as I just can't do them the regular way. I worked hard for the hour and when I was done I was exhausted but so proud of myself for trying it out. I headed home and picked up DH then turned right around and came back to the gym for our water aerobics class. Another hour of exercise. We then did our errands and the kids came over this afternoon. They just left and it's so nice and quiet and I am exhausted. Early to bed for me! I do have to do a load of laundry before bed though still.

Hope everyone is well. I hear DH is up from his nap so I need to go start dinner. Will check in more tomorrow. Have a great night

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No, no, Pinetree, it's too early to catch a cold! Stop that! And yes, my back hurts because we haven't been out on the lake. It was like glass today, not even a breeze or a ripple. I even heard a loon calling softly. But alas, we're going to be losing the sun and warmth here shortly and I had to get the top half of Grandma's cabinet scrubbed. It's a bad enough job without having to do it with freezing hands.

FW, you're busy as usual. Nope, can't slow down right now. But I'm looking forward to winter because then I can shift gears a little and work on smaller stuff that should have less lifting.

We moved the cabinet into my office today! Mostly it was Husby that moved it but I helped once it was in the building. Now he's complaining about his back. I warned him and offered to help, so it's not my fault.

We should have gone out on the lake but it wouldn't have been much of a ride since it's getting dark already.

I still have the drawers and a door to wash up. I hope to get that done tomorrow. It's supposed to be warm and cloudy, meaning cold. But I can finish up in the house if it's too bad. The paint was never done well on the cabinet, runny drips, not even all completely painted because of that cabinet sitting next to another one in Grandma's house, etc, but it's surprising how much better it looks now with just a scrubbing with fine steel wool and plain water. It still needs to be stripped and refinished but at least now it's passable. I ended up removing the tin top. I didn't think it was original anyway, but it turns out it was. I still hated it. I'm just going to paint the top, if I can decide on a color, and paint the inside some kind of white. Maybe I'll get some ideas on Pinterest. Once I get that all done then I'm hoping the weather holds just a few more days so I can get the chair and sewing cabinet sanded and ready to paint. I really don't want this stuff sitting in the garage all winter. Don't know when I'll get to refinishing the cabinet. It might be a few years but at least it's usable now and I don't have to worry about it being ruined sitting in the garage.

Grandma's cabinet looks so cute in my office! It fits in a corner between two windows just perfectly. So many times I almost got rid of it but I'm glad I didn't. It's a container for lots of memories of my grandma.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, how about I eat an orange everyday? I have eaten one since this all happened, its weird, I usually don't eat them because of the acid, bet I havent had an orange in 20 years, now I crave them.. I can't up my fluids anymore than what I have been drinking. I have a cough, so I really need to watch my lungs dont fill up... Thanks for thinking bout me !!

You keep loving on those furbabies, and finding them homes!! I would take more, but I have my hands full of aging ones too. Looks like another one has found a home, we are callling him Stash. He's welcome if he wants to stay, hes taking care of Sweet peas Mom, or Tazzies Grandma. Sasha seems to love him and we are wondering if he is the father of Trouble, my three legged, millon dollar baby, being he's siamese? She's fixed now so he might be aliitle disappointed, but he's pretty old too.

Those are some beautiful colors on your leafs!! Ours are just getting alittle gold and yellow. most of them are still green.

SD, Oh My, could I just sit and Look at your beautiful peaceful lake today. I bet the smell when you walk out of the house is totally amazing, awww.
    Love your new stool, my Dad use to sit on one like that, he loved it, we never used it to get into cabinets!! Its amazing all the things you can do with everything!!

Hikr, wow thats alot of exercise! I would be in bed already! i did a couple arms lifts with light weights and cant lift my arms!!

DH has been trying to get the garlic bed ready to plant , but the rain has made it muddy and its hard to even walk in, we need to get it in asap! Snow will be here before you know it! Like next week?!!

I'm starving so off I go to eat something good, maybe a pomagranate? oh um!!
    '
    Have a good evening!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looks like the weather is going to change drastically, so I better get my stuff cleaned up tomorrow for sure. Wednesday into Thursday we're supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow and 45 mph winds. And of course the tree guy hasn't gotten rid of our problem trees yet. I hope our buildings get through it unscathed. And of course the dock isn't out yet. Typical for us. It's like we're in denial every year that winter will actually come.