2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 211
Page 211 of 271 FirstFirst ... 111161201208209210211212213214221261 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-Dec. and I'm so sorry about Dh. So glad he wasnt hurt.
    Pinetree-Atorvastatin 20mg. I am achy a lot. I had trouble lifting my left leg a bit and would catch the tip of my toe on the carpet. I am diabetic and no one else is in the whole family but I carry more weight. I now have a twitch in my left leg at bedtime. Is it the cholesterol meds?? IDK. Is the alternative better-doubtful.

Had the Saturn checked out for Dd today. Needs a full set of brakes and rotors $500. Needs front struts and a few other things. Nothing is life threatening at this point. So I will prob. drop the price to $1500. and pay for brakes. Only a deal you can get from your parents. I feel it was $40. well spent to check it out. Like I said it seems wrong to give it to her and not a thing to Ds who supports himself completly thru the service.

Made Tacos for dinner.
    Yogi ran out today and circled the van about 20x by the time Dd got the leash. He even funnier than cartoons sometimes. She had to get to work and I cant handle him so he got a "mailbox" walk and was satisfied.

Got 1 load in the dryer and no dishes done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi FW!!! It's Deb-cat!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DEB=CAT!! You were really missed, you have been on my mind lately, I am so glad you are back! How are you?
    Hows your DS and GF? They get married yet!!!

OH I am So excited!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I have tried all of the persciption ones now on to the over the counter, hopefully there is one I can tale, Tried the slo-nician, and it was really bad. Dr. hero said there are people that just can't take them, but I dont want to give up yet> Hows the puppy?
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ilovechocolate View Post
    Bernice, if I ever missed anything from my closet or room I would look in DD's room and retrieve it. I have never felt guilty about it. Why should I? It was mine! Her room is mine! I pay the mortgage!
    Amen! Almost all my perfume was in there, make up, costume jewelry, the few pairs of cute shoes I have, scarves, purses, my nice weekend bag and she has the nicest suitcase i've ever had but at her dad's. It wasn't expensive but still. So she's getting inexpensive luggage for Xmas and I'm getting mine back! It's the saying, "I don't have it," that bugs me. Whether she forgot she has it or is lying about it. You ask before you take!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

IDK what the heck happened, this med tapering is really weird, one day I'm a zombie who sleeps 20 out of 24 hrs, then today for the first time in a year, I had energy. I did the linen closets. I have a long, thin dresser I put pajamas in, I took out what is too small now and put away all my winter and summer stuff I've been living out of laundry baskets for a year. Only 1 big basket left of clothes. Dreading that. I have one size down PJs all ready to go under the bed or in the basement, whatever floats my mother's boat because apparently this is a big problem for some reason. I'll do the same to my clothes, 1 size down, packed away.

In gaining wt, I don't have a winter coat that zips. I thought they were one size down so i was feeling huge, but they are 2 sizes down. Ordered one coat from Macy's, Lands End and Kohls, figuring one would have to fit. The Macy's one was really nice and it went down to $70 today, they are giving me a credit so it's cheaper than Kohl's or Land's End. And I found a heavy duty fleece marked down to $20 from $90 at Sierra, little snug, but way nicer than any of those light wt fleeces. So I am set for winter for $90. I don't think I could have attempted shopping in a store and done so well. I don't think I have bought a coat for winter before the season, I always buy in April on clearance, lol. So $90 feels like a lot.

tomorrow the clothes, bah

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

welcome back Deb-cat. or simple annie. You have been missed. Hope things are good.

Decided to get a quote on the brakes at the bell tire where we usually get the cars fixed for the Saturn.
    Today is Ds's birthday. My youngest is 23! I am so very old now. Still cant get that stupid ATM card fixed. Poor boy will hopefully be back in Kuwait soon and have a phone to deal w/ this all. Such a helpless feeling for me when she apparently didnt message him back!!

Doing laundry right now because I woke up. It has a nice rain going reminding us that winter and Halloween approach fast. Emptied the DW and now going to load.
    I am making lists on envelopes to keep things straight and taping them on the wall. Used to do this when the kids were in school-worked great.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2--I make lists everyday, but it's because my short term memory comes and goes. Went to ophthalmologist today only to find out that I was supposed to be taking a med for two weeks that I didn't get filled because the doc had to call the insurance to authorize it, so as soon as I got home the pharmacy called telling me it would cost me $160 if the doctor did not call the insurance company. Tried to call the doc and their phone lines were down. Talk about frustrated. I finally got through and they are suppose to be working on it. I am so tired of taking meds that I'm ready to just give up. My eyes were dilated, so I'm not doing much today except laundry. DH is bringing dinner home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB, I feel for you, sometimes it seems you have to give up to keep going.. I have been going thru the same thing lately, it all gets so frustrating you could just scream.
    You should be thankful you are still getting around and doing alot of things you love. Yea, that helps alot huh?
    The other thing is, it seems like if you arent on 600 pills a day, they make sure you take more. I get off one and start another, I guess i have to take them for the rest of my life too, and it get old, plus expensive.
    Dont know if this will help, but I'm on your side, I just found out my pain pill I'm suppose to take at night to sleep, keeps you awake, its a big side effect of that med. What good is it? Hope you start feeling better, and can drop some of your meds too. I agree its all so frustrating!! Maybe we should give up together? I'll let ya know my DR. appt is this afternoon, crossing my fingers this goes good.

Take it easy today, mabe you'll feel better tomorrow. Hugs

FW, you're old? My Son is 35, yours is only 23? You're a young one yet!! Happy Happy Birthday to you DS!
    I hear you might get snow up there, please keep it there, I'm not ready, maybe will never be!!

ILC, hope you found all kinds of deals out shopping!! I see you are colder there than here! How funny!!, well thats really not funny, you know what I mean.

Sannie, you going to join us here? Cant wait to see how you are doing!

Niko, sending up prayers for you. hugs

OM, hugs

Hi to everyone else!

today
    get ready to go to town
    hit bank
    grocery store
    relax....

Have a nice day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My youngest is 37, but then we had a head start with all of ours. Oldest is 42.

Hugs to all going through the medical circus. It hardly seems fair.

I'm going to have to be so careful Saturday. Just look at this big load of temptations:

https://www.facebook.com/CookMNLions/?fref=ts

I hope I can find a couple finch feeders, since I need one for my office.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, Happy Birthday to your DS! My baby (DD) will be 24 in February and DS will be 28 next June. Where did the time go? And how did it get there so fast?! When my kids were little and DH and I both worked and were involved in civic and church activities, I color-coded activities in my calendar---red for work, blue for church, green for family/personal. I also had a really cool planner called the Priority Planner by Linda Dillow that helped tremendously. Don't know if it's still made anymore.

Gbug, I know you'll be glad when all the dr stuff with your eyes gets done. Has the rain stopped?

Bernice, the winter wear sounds warm and cozy!

pinetree, waiting for news about your appointment... DH is on some sort of statin and he said he has had aches and pains from it.Strange how stuff that's supposed to help doesn't always do that.

Went to Ollie's (sort of like Big Lots, for those of you who don't have one) because they had "major manufacturer paint" advertised for $18 a gallon and it turned out it's Valspar from Lowe's that DH just got for $44 a gallon. We hope it will work well so DH can use it for the house (exterior). I also found a couple of Lincoln books for my special-needs nephew. DH had been there before but I hadn't. It's pretty cool.

For Wednesday:

1) Ollie's and other errands DONE
    2) Church 6:30
    3) Watch debate at 8:00
    4) Vacuum downstairs
    5) Clean bathrooms
    6) Clean out fridge DONE
    7) Run dishwasher/unload/reload

Have a good Wednesday (what's left of it, anyway)!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-love,love Ollies. I just got a Stephen King book for $2.99 PB and $3.99 for another OSPB. The canned Iams was clearanced at .20. And they always have great med. supply prices. I got Cheerios there before like $1.99 for a $4. box.

GB-My Dmom goes thru all that w/ mail in prescriptions. They have balances,lose prescription on and on. Part of it her fault for not wanting to use a CC but she worries about fraud. I currently feel like selling DD our car is nauseating. Got an oil change,had it checked out,got her on the ins.,got to take it in Fri. for brakes and maybe struts,need to call/visit secretary of State regarding transfer when the person has a Mi. ID and a permit not a license. And then of course she would have enough. lol

Went to the rescue and 3 cats were sneezing so back to the medical they go and sanitizing I go. The cat director was sick and was coughing and sneezing everywhere. thanks. Dogs were sick and it was raining. Everyone was crabby. The dog people were mad because the cat people had their crates....BLah to the blah blah. I just petted kittens and brushed cats. Not getting into all that.

Thinking about makin' chili!!
    DH was asking and I can add the leftover taco meat.

OH SD-I making a shopping list for ya! The thing is people will be grabbing and jammed in there too right! no thanks. Making a Christmas list? No fair counting adopted kids age wise!!

Thanks all who wished Ds a happy birthday! And I had kids at 30/32 respectively so no not too young. If I got preggers at 16 y.o. I could have a "kid" almost 40.
    DH met when we were 20. So not his kid,but A kid. But thanks anyway.

Pinetree-I hadnt seen that. Hope not until after Halloween. I hear its raining again this year but not as cold thank goodness. Think I will make a pizza for then.

Well should go visit Hunter. Dh is w/ him but he misses his mommy!! lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OK Sd-pick me up the pontoon boat and the electric Auger for Ds's bday I'll mail ya a check and you can use them until he gets out of the service in 2017,ok. I never have seen 4/1.00 here-ever. Everything starts at a buck.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our oldest grandchild that we know of is 23 as of March.

The pontoon was on the June sale. It was a pretty nice pontoon, but did need some work. I don't know what it sold for. It was on the silent auction.

We know it's going to be crowded at the sale. It starts at nine and we can't decide when we should go. The kind of stuff we're looking for probably won't be in high demand.

You didn't read the fine print. The 4/$1 items are now 8/$1, with $1 being the minimum charge even for one item. They really want to move this stuff out, apparently!

Husby attends fraud seminars for his work and learned long ago you're more likely to be defrauded using a check than a CC. Checks are handled by lots more people and the account numbers, account holder's address, phone number, sometimes license number, in some states SS number (whose dumb idea is THAT?) are all on the checks. Everything your average hacker needs to steal your ID is neatly handed to him or her right on that one little piece of paper. We hate writing checks for that reason and try to avoid it. CCs or cash for us, for the most part. I doubt we write a half dozen checks a year anymore. But I know how it is to change the stubborn minds of 80+ yo moms.

Sounds like a bad day at the rescue. I'm sure the kitties appreciated you even if no one else was in a good mood.

Pouring rain here. We're waiting for it to switch over to snow anytime now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-no,no one is telling Dmom anything. But if you tell her enough she will tell you like its new info?? So no pontoon,shucks. No I didnt see the 8/$1. but I seriously cant think of 1 thing I need or even want for that matter. I like those white stalk fans. We can never get enough. We have no air and run them til they fry. Even Christmas no one wants anything,

So Ds texted DH that he will be back in Kuwait this week and then on to Colorado the next? So I am elated. I want him out of where he is.

SO Dh went on the interveiw and was well until the guy says Dec. 1 start date. So its still on the table except Dh need some surgery in Dec. on his leg. Not ready to do details yet.