2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 212
Page 212 of 271 FirstFirst ... 112162202209210211212213214215222262 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So glad about your son, FW. I know it'll be such a relief for you when he steps foot back on US soil.

Good luck with the job situation. That's nerve-wracking, too.

My list is pretty short, too. I need four tension rods for my office windows, a tamper to make sauerkraut, a shelf unit for my office but it has to be the perfect size, shelves for Husby's office closet, romance novels for research, maybe an entertainment center for Husby's office, and a couple storage upgrades for the guest room. Doubt we'll find what we want but it'll still be fun to go. That should be about the last sale till spring.

I don't think the sale will have the crowds the summer sale had. We weren't there the first day in June though. But all the summer people are gone now of course. There are people who plan their vacations around that sale. You wouldn't believe the trailers people bring to that sale! I think there must be more than a few resellers who come there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't know what you're getting for 8/$1 but I want to go there, that's such a good deal on anything, lol!

I had a conked out day but just had a bit of pep. Put summer pants, one size smaller pants and too small nightgowns in small under the bed boxes. Put away shirts that fit me. I have two drawers to finish and then put the small stuff somewhere. Need to tidy closet but so far I have plenty of space so I may not move all the work clothes, we'll see. I know this sounds like so little but to have finally done any of it after a year feels great. To take folded clean clothes out of a drawer is going to feel amazing.

Don't get me started on meds. I see my 4 docs every 1-2 months, actually shrink is more like every other week. I never leave an appt without a "it must be the meds, let's taper off this one". So I did it this time, on the least meds I have been on in decades, and now I have those days of coma sleeping, 21 out of 24 hours. The meds that were blamed have been gone for 1-4 months and I am worse. Something is wrong and there aren't many meds to take away except the heart pills. I hate meds, unless they work, lol. For a year my shrink has told the others, it is not my antidepressants and he agreed to stop them to shut them up but it's not any better off them. Except when I see my mom, I cry all the time. I want an antidepressant back, I have too much going on to drag myself through it anymore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

thanks regarding my Ds. Dh thinks they were flying out last night back to Kuwait but we dont know. IDK Y but he had the impression he was at the airport because his signal was stronger (geek detective,hahaha!). That would be a fairly good Bday gift under the circumstances.
    Ironically, I am going to drop some cash in his acct. for his bday,but he apparently wont be able to access it until the ATM card is fixed.

In other aggrevating news,the cat director has made me ill. I catch things so quick these days. I am not happy as I have a dental cleaning this morning. So I will Muscinex up because I have cancelled 1x before.

Last night was wickedly windy and raining. Now starts the debate. Do I have the guts to buy a furnace while DH is out of work and possibly getting surgery that will lay him up for awhile further? Seriously thinking of having a talk w/ Dmom about more estate money early if things bottom out. That makes me feel bad.

Going to do 2 loads of laundry
    go to the dental
    maybe take the car in or go to the sec. of state for info.
    dishes,always dishes
    would like to do a big pot of chili for Dh and chicken soup for me?
    need to start trimming cats nails

Everyone have a good day now-hugs!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lurking away here.......by the time I catch up reading I forget what I was going to post.......
    Hope everyone has a great day! So happy to see DC back!

I was bad yesterday and brought home a short term kitten foster......he needs the extra attention and socializing so my cats will have to deal with it. There was a time I always had a bathroom with foster kittens in it. I say I was bad because I told hubby I would not sneak more in....but he didn't mind.......and actually I told him instead of waiting for him to just find them, like I used to do

So today is

Get downstairs all picked up and vac.
    Dust, vac upstairs
    Organize fridge....this is an ongoing battle!
    Go volunteer at the rescue for a couple hours plus spend as much time as I can with my little guy here

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2--Praying for some relief for your family. Hang in there.
    TDN--I did the same thing with a dog that was hanging around and DH actually got very attached until we had to put him down. The dog not DH. lol

Finally got the medicine worked out and just got a text from pharmacy that I have more ready to pick up. Cooler this morning and expecting rain tonight into tomorrow. Working at the food pantry this afternoon. Going to make DH a healthy sweet snack as his sweet tooth is rather large. Going to try and work on some needlepoint later. I have to keep going no matter how I feel. This new medicine has a side effect of depression. Just what I need since the stroke also brought on depression. I'm also taking something for that. Hope everyone has a glorious day. I am going to try.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got a shelf painted for my office. That took about two minutes since it's just plain. I'm going to try a crackle paint finish on it using school glue. I read online that works as well as the expensive stuff, so I guess I'll be finding out, but probably not till next week now due to drying time for all the assorted coats of paint.

Also got the salvaged stool reupholstered, which, after I switched to thinner vinyl, took maybe five minutes as anticipated. Still wish I could have used the heavier stuff but what I did use is way better than what was on it, so maybe it'll work out okay anyway. At any rate, that's off the pool table waiting to go back out to the garage and back to its permanent home. The vinyl I used was a remnant I got at a rummage sale for fifty cents, so for our fifty-cent investment we now have a very handy, multi-purpose stool that will be so nice in our garage. And now you know why I maintain and add to my fabric stash. It might drive me crazy to have this stuff around sometimes, but when I need something, it's nice to be able to get it out and use it, often on projects that are useful but not worth driving seventy miles or more to buy something at retail price to fix something up.

Still working on the list for the sale Saturday. All little stuff except the furniture. Still can't decide what to do about Husby's office and an entertainment/storage center. He said last night we'll know it when we see it and I've decided he's probably right about that. We have a good history of being able to buy things on gut feelings and having them work out great, so maybe I'm overthinking again.

Still working on my writing class today, too, which is why I've been online so much this week. I'll be happy to get back to my usual routine next week, of not having the computer on so early in the day. That really messes me up now.

Rainy here again today. I was out on the side deck barefoot this morning at three AM and realized I was walking in snow. But it's gone already. Don't know if we'll get anything worse than rain. This is supposed to start clearing off soon and I hope it does.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

prayers sent FW.

I was awake at 5:30, so I purged and dealt with important papers. The year-long mountain of laundry blocking my closet so I lived out of the baskets is GONE. I am embarrassed to say that it took me a year but it did. I did not fall in the baskets, I would get dizzy and stop but I spent a long time. Snuck a bag of 1 size down clothes into the basement while my mother was sleeping. She did not want me to clutter the basement. But, but, but, mom you are a HOARDER! I have my own little corner, I won't impose on your hoard. Yeah, that did not go over well, lol. I have 4 empty dresser drawers! I have to do the work clothes in the closet and then the other closet that has bins on shelving.

All surfaces are clear and can be dusted! Cleaning lady comes today. I am going to ask her to really vacuum under the bed, so I can put the underbed storage away. Made important phone calls. And now I am stopping because too much up and down and I'm spinning. But I am on top of the world to maybe, finally have a great start on cleaning and organizing my room after over a year. I have never lived like that before and plan to never let it get so bad no matter how sick I feel.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thank you all so much. I am tough most days so I'm good right now. Had a fun time goofing w/ my hygenist. Had a nice talk w/ my dentist as he used to n=be my neighbor and his old house burned last year. Wanted to tell him I'm sorry as even though he sold it memories remain as he raise his 2 his there.
    Just 1 filling to repair. We were laughing as he said I think I'd like to replace it and so I go I think I'd like to leave it alone. and then laughed. So I made a Nov. appt. We are paid for COBRA thru Nov.
    Cant comment right now on everyone else but I will back track Gotta see little dog and then take little car for brakes. Dh swears its under brakes warrenty. He swears hes right. I doubt for pads but I will check for sure. I'm all about them savings eps. right now.
    hugs. and BBL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

TDN-my top refridge shelf was so sticky I took it outside and hosed it!! And no one but me can put things back in the same shelf. The intelligent people here cannot remember all condiments go on the door.
    I cannot tell you how many animals have lived here that just showed up. Kissy lives here because we were feeding wild cats at a parking lot and she strolls up like oh here's my ride. We fell in love w/ her ragdoll apt. sized cat look right away.
    I was fostering those 3 kittens w/ mama and DH lost his brain and insisted we keep them. My original polydactyl grey cat mittens showed up following the kids.
    The black mama cat came in w/ pneumonia and delivered 4 surprises.Even the vet guessed 2. On and On. I have a hard time saying no.
    the rescue seems diff. because they are somewhere safe. Now the "leave behinds" that people pass by get to me.

looks like we are doing front brakes and front rotors,cleaning up the back brakes and adjusting,aligning,doing front struts,free for the inspection,replacing sway bars and some related bearing and still coming out under the $600.Brake pads and struts are apparently on warrenty minus labor of course.(Dh was right!shhs! JK I told him)
    I am pleased,
    also sec. of state said because she has a Mi. State ID she can register the car so she can buy it. So good to know. I dont need to get into a limbo situation where she paid for it cant register it and so forth. Glad thats off my mind.

Gb-glad thats off your mind. I like to put a little squirt whip creme or choc. syrup on certain fruits. It feels decadent and is relatively healthy

Stopped at Big Lots and bought Hunter a squeaky skunk and a squeaky rabbit. He is so spoiled but I feel so guilty crating him like this. Esp. since this ends Dec. 15th. after the next treatment. I'd love to just block the bed and leave him out but he plays games w/ himself,running around and throwing his toys in the air. DD was all lets use the play yard and Dh is like great idea. So I get to be the meany and say no,we will stick w/ the vets protocol. Fun being the "adult" party pooper all the time. Bought a Sherpa comforter too. No electric blanket w/ dogs on the bed and i am shoring up bedding in case I cant get a furnace this winter.

Man am I hyper today. I feel I am actually solving some issues.
    DH had a phone interveiw today w/ a place 20 miles by expressway. That would be ok distance wise. Wonder how it went?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, hoping son touches usa ground soon. Hoping DH has good news with a new job, sounds like you are feeling alittle better!
    OH, yippeee!! navel oranges are on sale 3lbs for $1. I think I bought 25 lbs!! I caould eat them all in one sitting! Still sending up prayers for all of you!

SD, I want the bowls on the left, the bread pans two tables back in the middle, I'm also looking for a giant piggy bank, with the rubber stopper in the bottom, pink or life like color, kitchen towels, Oh. you are taking our lists, aren't you? I would love to go to that sale!! DH says we would have to fly up, driving would take too long and we would have to bring the car hauler to bring everything back!!l lol

GB, hope you are doing better on your new meds. You sure stay busy!

Niko, sending up prayers.

OM, WHere are you?

ILC, you too, shopping?? OH hopefully you are at our favorite chicken place!! Oh yum!!

Bernice, its good to hear you are doing better.

hugs to everyone I didnt get.

Well, new Dr. had all kinds of good things to say. DH and I are quite confused.
    I dont need to be on statins, my numbers dont show I need them, he will keep an eye on them and do something when needed. Yes!

Took me off my antideppresent, thats whats causing my horrible nightmares, and put me on another but only 7mg, to help with anxiety. LOL like he thinks I am not going to worry!!!

My lungs were clear, he doesnt know where the copd record came from. If I had copd, I should be on an inhaler. It might have come when they kept saying I was a smoker.

I CAN strengthen my heart and Lungs and he told me I can start today. I can exercise and dig and plant and do whatever I want, but keep my heart rate under 100. YIPPPPPEEE,, I'm FREEEE!!!

Wants me to stay on the diabetic pills for awhile, lose more weight, and we might be able to get off them, says they wont hurt to be on them for awhile.. boy that sounds good!

I HAVE to stay on my heart pills, so the dizzy isnt going away, but I can live with it.

I got my flu shot and my shingles shot, next month my pnemonia shot.

I'm going to try to get back into some kind of routine again, he said the other Dr. has me so scared to do anything. I feel So much better and now wish I would have changed aong time ago.

I even walked thru the grocery store alittle, I havent been in one for along time! DH is happy about that!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day, stay safe and take care...
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1-please do eat all those oranges,great idea. I can predict your posts later tonight. Do ya have any tums! I used to eat 2 oranges at a setting but cant do that w/ diabetes. Orange juice is worse of course.
    2-now that I am done teasing you let me say YIPEE to your new doc. Some of them forget you have to live not just exist. After Halloween I am going to get more serious again too. I would like to be at least a bit lighter by the time Ds arrives.

DD's bf got her so i phoned her about the car. She sounded guardedly excited. I still havent heard from the place and they close at 8p.m. I really want to get the car tomorrow at this point. I havent decided if I'll get it detailed,Dh has gotten it filthy. He cant get down and scrub but he could have done a bit better IMHO.
    Now I have to get in the file cabinet and get the title. Yikes.

Sd-If you use water soluable glue even with paint will it need sealing in case of spills? or even washing? IDK about this kind of stuff I am NOT creative,artsy type.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, we debated taking the trailer but really don't have space in the house for a trailer's worth of stuff. But we're taking the truck. 'Nuff said! LOL.

Yea for dumping some of those meds! I love our doc. He's very conservative about getting us on pills and tries to help us find other solutions. And he always lets me have the oldest meds available that will do the job for me, too, per my request. I think drugs are rushed to market way too fast, and I don't want to be their guinea pig. Great news about being off your exercise restrictions too, and about not having COPD.

FW, I've never done a crackle finish before. The paint is over the glue though, so I hope I can use a damp rag to clean it, because there WILL be dust in this place! I'm really curious to try this, maybe tomorrow. They say you can see it crackle right away because it dries so fast, and I'm sure it will with the house so dry now that it's furnace weather.

Chester dragged in a vole this afternoon, live and unharmed, of course. Sota rushed right over and I thought he had taken care of it. But then as I was making supper, the darn thing came strolling out from under the stove while I was making supper. It wasn't like a mouse, it moved pretty slow. Chester was six inches from it, watching as it walked three feet over to the fridge, but he never made a move to catch it. Sota was there too, but he was too busy begging to pay attention to a snack on legs. So after a while, the vole strolled out from under the fridge and went the length of the kitchen and family room while Husby tried to get the dog to come get it instead of catching it himself. So the little beast escaped again, and we didn't know where it was. We blocked under the three bedroom doors so it couldn't get in there, and hoped it wasn't already in any of them. Later, Chester was sniffing around the craft cabinet in the family room, and the vole strolled out from under there and moseyed over to the other end of the family room, under the pinball and stereo, Chester right behind but not bothering to catch the damn thing. There was no way we could get under all the stuff on that side of the room since it's full of things pulled from the office, so we decided to set a trap and hope the little guy was hungry. A few minutes later, Chester was by the craft cabinet again. We didn't see how the little guy could have gotten all the way back there so soon, but Husby got a yardstick and chased it out. This time Sota got it. I felt bad but someone had to catch it. At least now we don't have to wonder where it's going to turn up next. Some days we wonder about Sota. He's a great predator but today he was too distracted by begging for real food to care about wild food. And thus ends today's adventures with wildlife.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, the new meds have thrown me for a loop. I couldn't even think about driving, so I didn't go to the food pantry today. I certainly hope it balances out. I feel like the world is moving in slow motion. I realized that I hadn't paid the house insurance and it won't go in until tomorrow. Hope they don't cancel on me. The bill got mixed up with other papers and my brain is not working so well these days. Did find out that we qualify for disability on our property taxes. It allows us to make 4 payments instead of one big one. That will help some. I did manage to do a little needlepoint and reading today. Finished a Macomber book and starting Sheryl Woods tonight. I never thought I would struggle like this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi ladies! Been really busy today and just now have sat down for a little. We had to take 2 cats to the vet (rechecks on some things), some stuff around the house, etc. Plus my college roomie came over to visit and brought her little granddaughter. It was fun having a little one around but I certainly am NOT set up for kids anymore! Our house isn't baby- or kid-proofed, I don't have any sippy cups, and I have all my kids' books packed away. I did have a new teddy bear I got for my Samaritan's Purse shoebox so I gave it to the little girl since it's easily replaced. And I made her some cookies and took her out in the yard and played in the leaves and such. She cried when they left because she wanted to stay and play some more, which I took as a compliment. The cats were most curious about her, which she enjoyed. Then we had supper to get together and Sadie kept jumping the fence so we had to chase her a couple of times till DH hooked up the electric fence wires. Every month or so she decides to jump it so we let her get zapped a few times and she's good for 3 or 4 weeks. The dishwasher is now loaded and running and I'm resting for a few more minutes before bringing in the 2 cats that are still outside.

DH found out from his doctor today that he's on the verge of being diabetic. Blood sugar was 123 and a1c was 6.0. He's quite shaken up by it and I think he's serious about finally getting his diet under control.

For Friday:

1) Do health insurance enrollment online
    2) Couple of loads of laundry
    3) Clean our bedroom as much as possible with DH's stuff strewn around
    4) Catch up on Bible study homework
    5) Finalize end-of-October finances
    6) Gather items for donation

Have a restful night, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Holy Cannoli it has taken me about an hour and a half to catch up on this thread and I've only been off line a few days. There hasn't been much going on with me but normal routine stuff. Gym, work, straighten house, dinner, in various orders. Nov. 20th is d-day for routinely working long hours as our accrediting site visit will be over. (and if I got paid overtime I'd be building up quite the stash and not as grumpy about it but no such luck)

FW - Hope DH gets a job soon. Dropping large dollars at the grocery when we’re stretched thin shell shocks me as well. On the furnace front….If you decide to get one find a licensed HVAC guy (read a guy who works for a company that doesn’t own it) that someone you know, knows. They can go directly to the supply house and get one much cheaper than you can from a company or the supply house yourself. If they will let you go with them and pay the bill in cash they can’t charge you extra either and you get the receipt. (Generally an offer of about $50 bucks to the guy will save you several hundreds.)

GB – Medical bills blow. They take forever to pay and you wonder what the heck you had insurance for anyway 

SD – I’ll have to look into the lava rock stuff. I hate stripping paint with paint stripper and since I’m a fan of “REAL” wood furniture I’ve done my share of using it. As for your back being better with more activity I so agree with that. I find the more I keep up moving around the faster I get over things that use to put me out of commission for much longer periods. …. And congrats on sending in the writing entry, that’s exciting.

Pinetree – Feel better!!!! Sending some energy. (from earlier in the week) Very excited for you about the new doctor and the wonderful news!!!

Hikr – Cheering for you!!! Two exercise classes in one day so close together is impressive. Bet you were pooped the next day.

ILC – Yuck on the fender bender. Hope there doesn’t end up being any repercussions.

Bernice – (((HUGS))) Family can be frustrating especially when your trying to help.

Gonna surf a few more minutes and hit the hay. On the agenda for tomorrow other than work is: full body weight routine, bills, and doing a general food cabinet inventory to see what I need to keep on the list. DH has been doing the grocery shopping sine he hasn't been working. In our house this means I need to send him with a very specific list to specific stores with a "do not go over" price listed for the items. Hope everyone is headed for a good weekend!