2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 213
Page 213 of 271 FirstFirst ... 113163203210211212213214215216223263 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

TRN-I usually give size,color,brand and dont go over it. If I dont anything can happen. Not his job/not his forte. Dont ask me to fix things-not my forte.
    furnace-I want a 2 cycle 90%plus efficient furnace. I have a carrier now and would go again. I am a very good researcher of these things. I need to also do the air conditioning if possible. I am a cash girl and definitely am not shy about deals and asking questions. I am the google queen of things like. What should I consider when buying... What is the average price of... What negetive reveiws are there about thing product...
    Its how I bought all the appliances,The van,so many things
    thanks regarding the job. I already talked to Dmom about back up/ Of course she sadi yes right away.

We gave little dog a pill yesterday and again he growls to Dh and lunged at DD. I think he is protecting me,may even think of me in terms of a mate. need a clip so bad. I am going to keep him out of the crate more. He panted for over an hour. He is cage crazy already and we have very far to go. Its either that or something bad will happen and I will have to end him. I can see he cant go to anyone else.
    so damxed if I do.

Got the car back and had Dh drive it home. I'll take it for a spin tomorrow. I really want it detailed now.
    I am going on nervous energy. And sugar. Is Halloween over yet. I cant handle candy in the house being a stress sugar junkie eater.
    Dogs are back. better hit it too.
    Waiting to hear from Ds or see him online again. Waiting to wait!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looks like rain today. I think we are suppose to have thunderstorms tonight. Going to attempt to clean my house. Need to take some shoes back to the costume room, but it depends on weather and how I am feeling this afternoon. Have a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

First of all, man do you guys chat a lot. I had the night shift this week, and honestly its a week to forget quickly. I don't think I made any real big mistakes, but it were 4 busy nights and that is always though. Not having nights for a month now though, so that helps. Just checking in, I have a habbit of not being to demanding the day after a series of nights. I never know how much I can actually do so, today anything I do is extra.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I posted my Friday's list yesterday but I wanted to come back and see how everyone is.

Gbug, you sound a little down. Praying that the depression will not rear its ugly head.

Bernice, I'm on an antidepressant and intend to be for the rest of my life. Fortunately my doctor has never suggested going off it. Hope you can get your situation settled. Way to go on the organizing!

SD, when will you hear about the contest results? Have fun at that sale!

TDN, thanks for taking in the foster baby. Nothing is cuter than a kitten, or a cat, or puppies, or dogs....

Nomad, I can give my husband a grocery list containing one item---ONE---and he comes home with more stuff, usually marked-down breads or desserts, doughnuts, crullers, etc. Maybe that will improve now that his doctor has talked with him about the latest diabetes testing results.

fw, praying about your DH's job situation and your son. Hope you're feeling better today.

pinetree, when I read about your good appointment I wanted to do the Happy Dance! YEA and HURRAH!

Rona, hikr, om, Jen, Ayanka, Niko, and anybody I missed----hi, and I hope you're doing all right.

My revised list for Friday:

1) Finalize end-of-October budget/expenses
    2) Laundry
    3) Catch up on Bible study homework
    4) Enroll online for 2016 health insurance

Have a good Friday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, the contest results won't come back till January. I should get back three detailed score sheets from the three judges. I don't have any illusions about winning. That would be nice but basically I'm just doing the contest for the score sheets, so I get some feedback on what I've written. I think I'll get more score sheets if I make it past the first round, but I'm not sure.

The sale should be fun! Can't wait! I realized we have an antique double bookcase secretary we're not using correctly and which is in a place I've wanted to move it out of for years. Instead of buying another big entertainment center, we're going to try that in Husby's office and see how it works out. It's huge and has a ton of various storage including doors, drawers, cubbies, open shelves, etc, so it'll hold a lot of stuff. It's a beautiful piece so I hope it works out. There's not a lot of stuff in it and most of what's in it is stuff I've been meaning to get rid of anyway, so it won't take much to clear it out. So I've scratched one big cabinet off the list for tomorrow. Husby also wants to use a tall shallow bookcase he had in his office closet before, and that will work out nicely. So I've crossed shelving for the closet off the list, too. I'm hoping we don't drag home a whole truckload again but I'm still looking for two narrow cabinets of some kind for tall storage in the guest room. It'll be interesting to see what happens. It's the kind of place where it's almost overwhelming, there's so much stuff. But of course since it's all donated stuff, some isn't in great condition or of the quality I'm looking for. Still, they'll have a ton of really nice stuff if June's sale is any indication.

I did the crackle paint on the bottom of the shelf I'm testing it on. Still waiting for it to dry. I'm thinking I should have let the glue dry a while longer than I did, so I'm not sure it's going to work. I looked up the process online and got conflicting instructions, so when to put the paint over the glue was sort of a guess. All I can do now is wait and see what happens.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OK guys I am going to kinda lurk today.

I laid in bed until 5am this morning, the cat woke me up at 6am, out of bed at 8. I am So popped out.

Fw, eating an orange and sending up prayers for you and your family, and puppy!

GB, Hang on, its got to get better!!

SD, cant wait to see what you get at the sale, man wish I was there!!

ILC, thank you so much for your kind words! You are such a sweet person!

Niko, sending up prayers, hope you are lurking!!

OM, thinking about you.

Ayanka, take it easy!! Waiting for updated pictures of ou new home!!

Hikr, Hi, keep up the workouts!

TDN, you dont need to answer everyone, just post you list if you want and say Hi!

Hello to everyone I didnt get.

My list
    sleep
    rest
    eat dinner

I am going to see if I can sleep in the chair for awhile!

Have a wonderful day and Happy Halloween!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, we all go into lurk mode sometimes. I like your to-do list. Happy Halloween!

No doubt I'll report whatever we buy or don't buy tomorrow.

I checked my crackle paint experiment and it's working great! I put the glue on really thick and that was supposed to make wide cracks in the paint, which it did. If I want smaller cracks, supposedly putting on a thin layer of glue will make that happen. It's kinda fun! I can't wait to get the top of the shelf painted now, but since the glue was so thick and the paint has to go on thick too, the bottom might have to dry a few days before I dare to turn it over. But I like it so much I went out and started sanding the sewing cabinet. I'm going to do that with dark forest green paint for the base coat and then some lighter, sort of mint green for the top coat. I think it'll look nice. I'm going to try to put the glue on thinner, but it wouldn't spread very well with the sponge brush I used on the shelf. I'm thinking maybe I should cut some squares from a milk carton and use that to spread the glue. Might have to experiment a little bit on that, too.

Yes!!! FINALLY! I just downloaded the new version of the Adobe e book reader software so I can download e books from our library. I've been trying for a year now to get it to work with my 'new' laptop and never could get it going. So frustrating. But the new software worked like a charm with no effort on my part. I love when stuff is truly plug and play! I love using my Nook and now I can get back to that. There are tons of romance novels I can download since I need to read tons now to learn to write them, and this is going to be such a big help since our library doesn't have much for print books in the romance genre. Yea, I got my Nook back!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got my house cleaned and the laundry done. DH took me to dinner and then to buy groceries. I am pooped!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Weirdly, the glue for the crackle paint pulled off the undercoat I painted on yesterday. I can't quite figure that out. There was an edge painted around that shelf years ago, and that did not come off. I don't get it. Luckily the new paint wasn't much different in color than the raw lumber, so it still looks okay. Can't wait to finish it up and get it up on the wall to see what it really will look like.

I gave up on Flickr so I'm uploading some pics to another hosting site. I can't recall what all pics people have asked for lately, so if anyone else remembers, feel free to speak up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Halloween! My dogs got me up at the crack of dawn. I think it rained all night, but it is clearing. Nothing pressing today. Taking an egg container that I bought for 20 cents to my SIL today after DH gets home. Going with the flow today. Need to hit the dollar store, but think I will wait tomorrow when Halloween stuff is marked down. Have a safe day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey GB-Dh's dog went out w/ the other 2 dogs and refused to come in at midnight. So I closed off all the back lights and left him out for another 1/2 hr. Pretty sure kids were out goofing w/ Devils night and all but he is an awnry dog anyway. Dh was already asleep. We seem to have had no one here to pull pranks. I known most places in the country dont even have this. Detroit used to have a lot of arson in the abandon homes when I was a kid.

DD is supposed to work at that haunted house. I heard her up at 1am sewing away on her costume. She is hacking up a storm though and that "scary" to me. Everyone in the grocery incl. the pharmacists aide was coughing and after the lady at the cat rescue being so sick I am popping muscinex and calcium. Need to get some vit. C.

Supposed to rain here for Halloween but they will still come. Last year the rain turned to snow and they still came. We expect 50-100 kids every year. They come in cars from other areas and i have been known to invite people. Our neighborhood is great this way.

Making the chicken soup after breakfast IDK if I will get the chili done.
    Otherwise its a play it by ear day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll be glad when Halloween is over. I'm with you, Gbug--I'll go to the store tomorrow when maybe I can find some candy marked down.

Why, oh why don't websites work???? Several times yesterday I logged on to do health insurance choices and of course it said my password wasn't correct. Hmmm, it was right just a few weeks before! So I got a temporary password and the stupid thing STILL didn't work! And in red letters a message pops up: We are having technical difficulties accessing your account. Please contact us M-F .... Doggone it, do they want my business or not??????? Upgrade your site, idiots!

Very frustrating!

It's cool and cloudy and dreary today, supposed to rain all day tomorrow and Monday. Pretty typical for the beginning of November around here.

My to-dos for Saturday:

1) Finish laundry
    2) Get organized for bill-paying tomorrow
    3) Reset the den
    4) Do menus for next week
    5) Watch the Auburn-Ole Miss game 12:00 WAR EAGLE!
    6) Keep current on Bible study homework

Have a fun and safe Halloween if you participate.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good Morning All!

Moving a little slow this morning but it sounds like some of the rest of you are too.

Pinetree - Sending lots of good thoughts and energy.

ILC - Looking foward to the candy sales tomorrow myself although I know I shouldn't be. It would be in my best interest not to have it in the house.

FW – DH is a Carrier fan as well. He also will frequently recommend Arco-Air (not sure if I’m spelling that right. They are made by Inner City Products (which he says was bought out by Carrier or the company that owns Carrier) but generally run a better price and hold up better. Trane, while overall has a good reputation has had a couple of reoccurring issues in the past couple of years. Expansion valves were one of them. According to DH they are trying to do too much too fast with pushing the efficiency level and they haven’t got it just right yet. Janitrol (again not sure about the spelling) is one he recommends avoiding at all costs).

Hope everyone gets feeling up to speed soon.

I'm plodding through the morning routine. DH should be leaving to practice parellel parking with DS#2 again. We're hoping we can take him for his test this coming week. As for me I need to get all of our end of the month bills, budgetting stuff done so I'll start that while they're out along with plotting out next month's budget. I'd also like to get something prepped for the crockpot for tomorrow and still need to figure out dinner. There is the routine straightening dishes, laundry, and bathrooms mixed in along the way. For the most part that is pretty normal routine type stuff so I hope to get a couple of extras done too like maybe the living room curtains coming down, getting washed and rehung, or going through the books to see what can leave our house and move on. I need to get a dish of something put together to go with DH to a friend's house as well. Not sure if I'm going with him or not. There is a group of us that gets together about every 4 to 6 weeks and plays cards and goof off. Honestly it's mostly the guys though and only a couple of us ladies so I skip out about half the time. Haven't done much socializing lately though so if I feel up to it I'll go and let DS#2 hand out candy here.

Enjoy the day!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

TRN-morning. I looked at Trane and rejected it because I didnt like the people around here who are dealers. I never heard of the other company. The furnace isnt coming on and I have to have DH look at the contacts again. We cant get new ones because it is just too old.
    DH went to go get screws for the garage door. The panels came apart in time for Halloween. We have a lot of crap in the garage that needs sorting incl. Ds's weights,fishing stuff and college junk from 3 yrs ago now. Not to mention Ds' backparks,bows,hunting gear,ice shanty.. Is anyone sensing a theme? Oh,I forgot the 7 odd bikes. I love that boy but...

Dh was trying to do the front yard before it rains at 4pm in time for Halloween!
    Lazy me need to get the soup started. Spending too much time w/ puppy. Found out Dh was not crating him at night and was letting him sleep on the bed. Sneaky. He's supposed to be crated 24/7 but he gets so stresses hes hysterical.
    So we are just trying to keep him from running around and praying about the rest.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning, Yes its morning, and I'm up and dressed, ready to go!

Nomad, thanks for the energy!!

FW, Good Luck with the furnace. Prayers still being sent!

SD, well, for the pictures, I would like to see pretty much anything! I love looking at pictures!! Weird huh!! What did you buy, hope its all cool stuff!!

ILC, ha, that sounds like me, I can never get ahold of people!
    I will be glad when Halloween is over too, it seems to be a drag anymore, last year we only had 5-6 kids. I dont need the candy, but it sure sounds good, I might pick some up and throw it in the freezer for Christmas.

I got 7 quarts of tomatoes canned yesterday, going to try and get more done today, plus we are smoking a turkey for dinner. I like having the meat for lunches, and its not processed.
    Spent most of the night emailing back & forth to bff, how stupid, we should just pick up the phone, but no, she makes me type! She's all upsat I got a flu shot, says the news had a story that someone got pregnantfrom the shot. I asked her if she was kidding and she said no, its true. geeze, of course she actually believed buffalo really had wings. Yep I love her, and will keep her, shes really funny sometimes!

Today
    dressed,done
    wash, label tomatoes, done
    can at least one load of tomatoes
    early dinner
    get ready for kids.

Have a Good night and have fun!!

Hi to everyone I missed, and Niko, sending up prayers!! Nope I didnt forget!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.