2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 219
Page 219 of 271 FirstFirst ... 119169209216217218219220221222229269 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-IDK why she needs it? But what do I care for $100 or so more a month.
    She thinks she will cash in a few CD's? Who is this woman lol
    I was laughing at her. I guess Dbro went to lunch w/ her and ordered a lobster grill cheese sandwich. I mean the guy wont eat nuts,ribs because he doesnt like the sauce,choc., and a slew of foods most people like incl. coffee. Who would eat that. And I'll have the pickles and ice cream for dessert thanks. Dang. She said she didnt even want to try it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday was not a good day. I felt horrible all day. I was supposed to go to a former student's wedding. DH and I got ready only to hear tornado sirens and our neighbors coming over to tell us a tornado was in a nearby town. It was scary, but all we got was rain. Today youngest DS is picking me up for my grandson's birthday party tonight and DH is picking me up tomorrow. That will be a nice diversion since I don't drive on the highway at all. Everyone have a great weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

scary moment last night. My cat, Chocolate, mananged to get his ankle wound up in the blind string and ended up hanging upside down by it. Luckily I was right there and had scissors in my top drawer. So I ended up ruining the blind but it was cheap and he seems ok. I will check him on and off all day. I guess the only good thing is I was right there so he wasnt stuck long.

Feeling blessed my Ds is out of Egypt. I was just reading the article about the place and the bomb.

I think my new neighbor moved in yesterday, They took the dumpster away (second one) and I saw a moving van. I'm not the type to run over w/ a cake and impose myself but I hope I can wave and have that be enough. I also hope the dogs dont irritate her too much.

Gotta get to the dishes and vaccumn today. Yesterday was kinda a bad day for me and I accomplished nada!
    Everyone have a good weekend If you wont be on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yikes FW! Glad you were right there. I knew someone years ago that happened to their cat but they were gone all day, I think the kittie lost his foot, can't remember for sure but it was not good.

Same list as yesterday......I only partially started everything

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, I hope you feel better today.

TDN, like pinetree said, thanks for helping the kitties! Good luck with your list today.

Bernice, let your brother handle the responsibility. Don't feel guilty about it. It's only fair.

hikr, I think your DD is doing the right thing letting her little girl try out some activities. In the long run it will save time and money.

SD, what window treatments are you using on your office windows? I was wondering about keeping it warm during the winters up there.

fw, so glad Chocolate is all right! Boy, that was scary. And it's great that your DS is coming back to American soil so soon.

pinetree, what's your weather today---summer or winter? I have a friend in Montana who has said that they will sometimes have warm weather after the first snow. We're still having warm days and cool nights with no need for AC or heat. That will change Sunday when the high will be 54 and the lows in the 40s and rainy. I've realized that I need to get some more cold-weather clothes because I have so few now since my weight loss.

We had to be out early today to get the van to the shop for a headlight/blinker transplant from DH's fender-bender. He worked all day yesterday trying to install a new one but he never could get the blinker to work, so he gave up. Normally he can do such repairs but that van is so old it messes up more and more. Then we did a big shop at Walmart and stocked up on cat food and some canned stuff.

For Friday:

1) Catch up on Bible study homework assignments
    2) Reset den
    3) Mop
    4) Put away everything we got from shopping
    5) Clean my desk area

Have a good Friday, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, glad you were right there to save Chocolate and glad he's okay. I trim our cords so when the blind is all the way down, the ends are up at the top, and when they're open, they're a lot shorter. Fingers crossed, no one has gotten tangled yet.

ILC, I've always had insulated drapes in my office and might use them seasonally, but I recently replaced them with blinds instead. The cabin is really hard to heat and the window treatments don't seem to matter. Hope you get the van fixed.

So far today:
    ~built a bead loom.
    ~made some copies.
    ~replaced the useless hook tape on our Fitbit wrist straps.
    ~searched way too long and found some velvet.
    ~sorted out some leather for crafts.

Still have to shower and make a vet run. Don't think I'll get any writing done. And I guess I have to scare up something for supper, too.

I have to make shopping lists for tomorrow. Husby has decided we need to buy deer corn because it's on a good sale this week fifty miles away. We buy enough at one time to make it worthwhile to drive over there. He also wants a two-wheeled garden cart of some kind to use with the chipper, which makes sense. I guess we need to buy paint for his office, too, since nothing is on sale in town. After all the shopping we've done the past couple months, I was hoping there was nothing left on the planet we needed to buy. I hope we can stay home next weekend for a change.

Still haven't dealt with the bikes and dock yet, either.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well I'm glad I came on to catch up even though I'm at work. Made me remember I don't know if I took the last load out of the washer... which means rewashing if I didn't. Sigh... if I only had a brain... or memory.

The cat hanging made me remember ( imagine that one time after we got Sophie the smallest dog. Luckily I was home and not gone all day .. the lamp was plugged in fairly close to the chair about 5 inches off the floor. Maybe 4 inches. Not much right? Wrong. I found her straddling the cord mid belly. Wasn't barking.. wasn't whining or even moving. Don't know how long she'd been like that. Couldn't have been long. From floor to back MIGHT be 5 inches. Maybe 4 1/2 inches so she was straddling tight.
    Yes... Spirit... she's a snack dog. All 3 lbs 8 oz of her. My other is a little taller and 4 lbs 10 oz. Lucy looks BIG compared to Sophie.

You all are talking about colder weather. Heat index here about... 3.. 4 days ago was 101. I'm ready for what WE call cold. Tired of $179 electric bills in October. Have air on 77 but believe me .. it runs. Only got to open the window in the morning before work twice so far.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-no all our blind cords are trimmed. Dum dum managed to get his foot in between the plastic slats panic and shove his paw through the sides and get it wrapped around the joint of his leg and paw in the cording. panicked further and nailed the side of my hand. I had to let go so I could turn on the ceiling fan and fish in the top drawer and grab the scissors.Before that I was holding him up by the scruff. All the few minutes he is snared. Then because his was flailing w/ full nails I snipped and he dropped. I couldnt scruff him. Then of course I was at fault. He landed well and limped/ran off. I'll check him a few times today and manipulate the joint. The vet is open a bit tomorrow if need be. As my friend from childhood liked to say in these situations "Takes talent".

So I sold DD the Saturn. She gave me most of the money up front. I get home and there is a good new crack in the fiberglass left bumper area. IDK if the mechanics just did it or DH is not telling the truth. Kinda puts a damper on things.
    I had wanted to get it detailed. Now I am considering fixed but our deductible will be at least $500. I am already selling it to her for 30% of the value esp. after I did the repairs. This sucks.

Niko-our electric was just $250~. Thats what happens when Dh works at home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Guys!

Well I was on and typing way when the phone rang well, now 41/2 hrs later here I am, yep talking to my best friend, I dont know how, but we can spend all day, everyday talking about stuff that matters and stuff no one cares about and still have a bunch more to talk about... our phone bill was really high when she lived in Alaska and Texas! We try to stay within calling disance now.. Neither one of us uses the computer or texts.

ILC, we are inbetween seasons right now, last week it was in the 70's- 40's at night, now 70-17* tonight. This weekend back to 75-45*. so your guess is as good as ours. We have another storm coming Tues, this one we might get snow, our latest date is Nov. 21st, Denver got snow on Tues. they got an inch. This morning it was nice and warm now I'm freezing, its maybe 40* out. Does Montana have the Indian summers? We have them alot here, we get snow and cold, then it warms up like its summer again. Montana gets alot more snow and cold than here.

FW, I had my poor baby Keeta get caught in a blind, but by the neck, it was by the cords, I cut all of the as short as they could go, then when the blinds are up the strings get tied up in the upper slats, incase someone decides to climb. I never tought about them getting caught in the blind itself, crap maybe I'll just throw them all out! That is scarey!
    SO sorry about all the problems youre having with the cars, just what you need right now. Hugs, sending up prayers.

GB, I hope you are feeling better today, I seem to do the same thing, great one day, down the next. Have a wonderful weekend!

Niko, come do my laundry! Please? Thanks, I'm checking my elecrtrical plugs now too! Man, maybe I'll get rid of all the plug in stuff too! Lol Prayers being sent up for you,Hugs!

SD, my insulated drapes dont help much here either, I made a bunch of window quilts, they seem to block out alot but not all of it!
    Boy, you're pushing your luck on that dock aren't you? All the docks have been pulled in here except the ones that can't be pulled in, they extended the lake openings this year until Dec, 1st, so the kids might go fishing tomorrow. They can only go weekends, because of the inspections that need to be done now for zebra mussels. They could take the jon boat anytime but want to take out the bass tracker. I guess it catches bigger fish, gets there faster, fingers crossed for walleye!!! lol

Hi to everyone I forgot, Its friday and my brain is gone, lol, like it was working thru out the week! lol

Ha, have you beat, my electric was $274 ouch!! Boy thats something to brag about huh? lol

Have a beautiful safe weekend!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, yeah, pushing our luck for sure. Just like every year. We never learn. Everyone else's dock has been in for weeks. That hit us the last time we were out and could look up and down the shore and see we and our next door neighbors were the only dummies with our docks still in.

You can only go out on the lakes at certain times? Man, that would never fly here! We deal with invasive species here too, but people are expected to check for them when they pull their boats out and woe to them if they get caught not doing that. We haven't had to learn all the regs and procedures because we've only had the bikes out on our own lake, but once we get the trailer ready, then we'll have to brush up. Zebra mussels have been a problem on Lake Superior for years but are just recently becoming an issue on the inland lakes.

I can't imagine the manpower the state would have to hire if they had to have boat inspectors on every lake in Minnesota, when we have close to 12,000 lakes and multiple public landings on a lot of them and quite a few lakes that are enormous. There are over 500 lakes within about twenty miles of us, and most of them are remote. That would be something, inspectors on all of those.

We're breathing a sigh of relief here. Sugar had to see the vet today and we expected to have to decide whether she should have surgery or if we should put her down. The last week has been crappy, dreading this appointment. But our vet said all the lumps including the mammary tumor are just fatty tumors and not anything to worry about. She also said she's doing well for her age (13) and suggested we start her on Rimadyl and see if that helps with the stiffness. She thinks Sugar might have some inflammation around her spine in the neck area, which may be affecting her nerves. So we're hoping that'll help her. We know her time is getting short but we're not quite done with her yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, we are trying to keep the mussels away from here, they have them in Pueblo resv. The state has inspectors for the big lakes and (drinking water lakes) in the mountains. You have to get some kind of tag to get on a lake or have to be decomtaminunated, sp. The smaller lakes have nothing, they are irrigation lakes so it probably doesnt matter. Read something the other day tho about we have some kind a flea now.? Not sure what.
    Thats the reason the lakes are only open for the big boats is on weekends, they don't have the money to pay for the entire week, like in the summer. The kids say it really slows the docks down, unloading the boats, the inspections take a few minutes to do.
    Yep, I have been to some of your lakes in Minnesota, use to pull the boat up there, seems theres a lake every turn you take, I also was not impressed with the leaches or the bullheads! That was down around Albert Lea, Wells, Freeborn, Seems like 100 years ago.

So glad to hear baby Sugar is OK, bet you are too! I did tell you that cat my DDad ran over was named Sugar Babe, we called him snugar, yep with the n in there,lol

Wanna hear about a couple of dummies? lol, we have the space heater on, next to the window with the air conditioner in, its like heating fresh air! I should just put the heater in the window,, Hahaha!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC< When is your Birthday? I cannot find it anywhere!! If anyone else knows or can find it please let me know!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

we have the Zebra mussle too and just have to check for them (of course Lk. superior Sd and I share. I should send her a message in a bottle.lol

Sd-glad to hear about Sugar. Beagles are notorius for fatty lumps after a certain age. Bailey had so many by the time he passed at 15 yrs. old. His huge 1 was under his arm. It would have made a mess so we left it as long as it didnt impede his walking and they stayed soft.
    Kinda surprised Sugar doesnt have a bladder infection. Or crystals in her urine w/ all the peeing you said she was doing. Kipper was on Rimadyl and it was cheaper to buy it at Rite-aid and i got a senior discount for her so I got a break!! I also buy Glocosamine HCL1500mg w/ MSM 1500 mg for Mackey 2 pills 2x a day for those bad knees.

So in typical cat fashion Chocolate says "It never happened". He is back on the bed but not heading for the wiondow.
    Still no job prospects which is why I let DD buy the car. That will cover the COBRA. Kinda depressing.
    Tomorrow we are going to the rescue to show Dh what I am doing. Nothing like new kittens to cheer ya up. I told him he goes w/ no pockets or he cant go. lol
    I am dreading the 5 new fuzzy long hairs we are supposed to get in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, you are right, baby kitties are the best for cheering up anyone! Great to hear that your DS is heading back home SOON.

Niko, hi, glad you posted!!

pinetree, I'll PM you.

SD, so glad Sugar is all right. See if there's a generic Rimadyl--there might be. If I remember correctly Rimadyl was expensive but very effective.

Still tired from our marathon driving session plus not sleeping well due to allergies. Maybe after the rain my sinuses will feel better. Anyway, I didn't get much done yesterday.

For Saturday:

1) Aldi, pick up BBQ plates at local church's annual BBQ fund-raiser
    2) Bible study homework
    3) Laundry
    4) Clean up around my desk area
    5) Gather some donation items

Have a good Saturday, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-rest up a little please.

Didnt sleep until 5 am this morning and took 2 Tylenol PM and everything too. So I am groggy. I did a huge load of dishes at about 3 a.m.
    Going to hit the shower. Dh is mowing the front lawn and then we should head down and see kitties.
    Need to unload DW and reload
    vaccumn
    see kitties.

DD had work at 4 a.m. and will work until now. Bf and her are doing a sleepover reunion of the Renaissance Festival crew. Should be fun.

Dmom is just a flurry or details and worries. She cant focus on an area to clean.
    I told her she can just pack a bag and come back again and again. And that she could have sleepovers at her own house. Trying to talk her out of her ways is so impossible. Relax-is a foreign word.