2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 220
Page 220 of 271 FirstFirst ... 120170210217218219220221222223230270 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, Thanks, I agree get some rest, we aren't as young as we use to be! LOL!!

FW, I can't say I agree on baby kitties, I always want to bring them home and get sad cause I can't! You take it easy too! You are under aot of stress!

SD, Hope you get things done that you wanted today.

Niko, HI and sending up prayers!

Hi to everyone else!

I am kinda disappointed this morning, all my plants are gone, it froze, not frost, they are all on the ground in a big mushy mess, so glad I saved all the seeds to revieve them next spring!! Now I guess I have to look at winter, oh, ick!! I'm getting too old for this cold!

Nothing on the list today, but call DMIL in Nebraska and find dinner, man I wish I could order a big pizza or something! I need to watch what I am doing, I have gained 5 lbs back, I'm going the wrong way!

Have a wonderful, warm weekend!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

HELLO ALL!

It's been a day already. Woke up early and made coffee. Went to get the milk and the fridge wasn't working. Luckily DH was stirring as well and I didn't have to actually wake him up. Three trips to the parts place before it closed at noon and got one board that had fried and found out we have to order the otherone. DH finally found a place to order the part we were originally told was discontinued on-line. Blessing #2 was that DS #1 had left his dorm fridge home this semester. We plugged it in and put the necessities for cold mostly in it. We're taking a few other things to mom's in a bit. Then out to the grocery for dry ice for the freezer. The part is suppose to be here Tuesday. I hope it gets here by then.

I did managed to go on a run while DH was testing the fridge boards and made Dad a sugar free lemon merange pie for his birthday in between runs. Getting ready to load the car and head for my parents for dinner a couple of days early for Dad's birthday and to take the rest of the fridge stuff.

Went to the grocery yesterday. Figures doesn't it. This week comprised long days at work and making sure to get my workouts in while getting just the generally chores in. I did manage a trip to the library though and the stack of "brain candy" I got is calling me. I should get home early enough from my parents to enjoy starting something in the stack.

Not sure what I'll plot out for tomorrow yet as I know that it's my last day off before a streatch of long days where maybe I might have next Saturday off. Once the two week stretch is over though it's vacation time.

NIKO- Big HUGS – so nice to see you post

Pinetree – I think I’m done with curtains for a bit as I ended up doing mom’s too. LOL Now let’s just talk about the sheet rock thing let me tell you I am NOT a spackle fan. I don’t mind putting it on but sanding it down makes me crazy ….. and look like a crack head. So sorry about your computer. I’m lost without one.

Me in 2010 and spackle H$#&.
    2015 To-Do Challenge-010-copy.jpg

SD – I can’t imagine getting as much done on a routine basis as you do.

FW – So glad your son is back stateside. Both of my brother’s were airforce. The older of the two just retired last year bit was in a job where he was sent over to the Middle East pretty frequently. The tours were short, generally just 6 to 12 weeks at a time but they were a few times a year and we were always worried. Very glad he went on and retired, not sure my mom could have handled too many more of those. Good to hear that your mom is willing to move as well. We are getting there with my parents. It’s time for them to move. Maybe not to a senior apartment but out of the house they are in now that needs way more than they can do for it.

GB – We’re getting close to doing our “Pecan shopping” for the holiday season. It would definitely save us oodles for them to be falling in the yard. Every year I watch for the sales at the store and then go buy several pounds in the shell for holiday baking. (Now here’s the thing, neither DH nor I are fans. He won’t even touch them, but they are several other people’s favorite and fall in lots of stuff I bake so we get them. Then as I am, or mom and I are baking the “men” sit at the table with the hammer and shell pecans. They generally complain on and off throughout but none of them ever refuse or walk away. My boys see the pecans and go get the hammer and bowls without even being told.

TDN – you aren’t kidding about these ladies moving this thread fast. You miss a couple of days at a clip and it takes a bit 

ILC – That’s a lot of miles for 36 hours. Those types of runs are tiring. Glad to hear your DD was only given probation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

TRN-He's almost back in colorado so IDK exactly when. I did read they are having a Cholera outbreak in Kuwait and have stopped all domestics from entering the country. All the sudden I am worrying about diseases unheard of in the U.S. My worry catagories morph! Thank you for sharing.
    You look simply fabulous in drywall Darling!! Ds made holes and nicks all over his roommpoor drywall. I have patched many and sanded few (in 2 years!!) We kinda use the room as a pet hsop. lol and its been full of kittens and now a HW dog.

Took DH down to the rescue. He found a fav. that he brushed. The HW beagle tugged at him too. Fortunately,it was uneventful and we left empty handed.
    Dh mowed the front again and got all the Oak leaves now. Tomorrow is the back yard If we dont snow.

Still tired from the uneven sleeping patterns. DH managed to tromp in the house w/ poo shoe. Needless to say I wasnt so pleased.
    Maxx my 17yr old is vomiting. I am trading wet foods and going to watch him. Only emergency centers are open tomorrow so I am hoping MOn. is soon enough if we need a vet. $$$ vs. I love old kitty. Name of the oldest story.

Pinetree-none are alone in the crates and so many people play w/ them. Someone is always feeding,excercising and playing w/ them. They go out to the play areas. There is a good number of staff and volunteers running around. They will be adopted and "we" have been accused of being too picky. If you live in an apt. You must bring the contract and landlord ok plus the other members of the household. Also at least 21 w/ proof of income. We adopt lots of kittens and a fair number of cats. Average month at least 13. The issue is there are always more. People dump off whole litters and the mom too. So increases can be 20 a week if you dont say no sometimes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry about your fridge. Glad you can get the parts. Our last one we repaired way beyond its expected life span. lol It was wishing to die by the time I got a new one.
    I wish I had Ds's small fridge but he "lent" most likely sold, it in college.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, yeah, some of the lakes here do have leeches, most notably, of course, Leech Lake, which is huge.

Still amazed at your Sugar Babe. Poor kitty.

FW, we're actually about eighty miles from Lake Superior, although we did visit it Wednesday. Sugar pees because she just can't hold it like she used to, due to age. She also gets confused, so she'll go outside to pee and then come back in the house and pee in here instead. Mostly she pees when she's just woke up in the daytime or if I don't get her up at night soon enough. No Rite-Aid anywhere near here but we'll probably check Amazon or other places online. Don't let your mom bring her stuff to a new place a bag at a time. She'll run out of room quickly bringing inconsequential stuff and then won't have any space for the stuff that's worth keeping. You'll be shocked how fast the new space will run out. She's going to have to be brutal about getting rid of things for it to work. She may not be able to get insurance on an unoccupied house after a while, and her real estate taxes may go up quite a bit if it's not her primary home, too. Plus there's all the maintenance and stuff that she'd have to pay for. It would be expensive for her to keep the place and pay for another place, too. Good luck. I doubt it's going to be easy and chances are nobody's going to be happy by the time it's all over.

ILC, we'll gladly pay for Rimadyl if it helps her. Don't know yet if it will. Thanks for the tip about generic. It's worth looking into.

Nomad, thanks for sharing the pic. The spackle we bought isn't supposed to need sanding, so I hope that holds true. The ceiling won't have to be done, so that's something.

We went to Virginia again today. I hope this will be the last big shopping trip for a while now. We got 600 pounds of corn and 25 pounds of thistle seed. We also bought fifteen pounds of food-grade peanuts in the shell for $7.50/5 pounds, compared to $7.80/4 pounds of pet grade peanuts, so saved a little bit there.

We hit L&M Supply's DeWalt section. That's a bad place, but I managed to restrain myself to the one thing I came for, a second set of DeWalt drill bits like the set we always use. We're going to want one in the house, now that we moved the one we already had out to the tool cart in the garage. But I compromised and bought one that had two less bits in it than the one for $27 for $12 less. The smaller set was on sale, which was nice timing. We do use the two large bits that weren't included, so we'll have to fetch them from the garage if we need them in the house, but that's okay. I managed to avoid the Halloween candy at 75% off completely and wisely didn't mention it to Husby.

Got another WW cookbook at GW for $3 and a huge bag of pony beads for $5. I actually like every color in the bag, which is nice for a change. I also bought a second little first aid kit bag for $1, since I regretting slipping up in Duluth and only buying one. Now I can put together a kit for each car.

Picked up three partial containers of Citrustrip, which should be enough to strip Grandma's cabinet, with the container I salvaged the last time we took out hazardous waste. I probably saved about $25 by doing that salvage. Also picked up a couple cans of spray paint and a spray can of graphite lubricant. I hope those all work.

Finally got the Ace ad with the paint we want listed in it. Time to get the spackle done because we'll probably get the paint Wednesday. Can't wait to start painting that office. I bought a new paintbrush today, so I'm ready!

Not a real exciting shopping trip but we got needed things, for the most part. We did some stock-up stuff. I got Sugar another soft mat to put under the one she had in her spot in the LR. I'm hoping it'll help to make the floor softer for her shoulder that seems to bother her.

Picked up a package of tackless carpet strips to make a frame for doing punchneedle embroidery. I hope it works out because it's a slick way to stretch the fabric, much easier than a hoop.

Glad that trip is over. We haven't been home on a Saturday in ages and I hope we're done for the winter now.

Tomorrow we have to get the bikes and dock put away, no matter how sore and tired we are. The forecast makes it sound like tomorrow might be the last nice day for a while.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Forgot to mention how I got spoiled today for no reason. I've been looking for weeks now for a Christmas cactus for my office. No luck. Today at the grocery store we found a really nice shrimp-colored one loaded with buds, but it was $15. I decided not to get it, but then when my back was turned, Husby slipped it into the cart. Then later I was looking for a nice thistle feeder for my office, but decided against that too because it was also $15. I bet you can guess what happened. I should have hit a jewelry store and turned my back on a two-carat diamond ring, I guess! But I'm happy enough with my two surprises. That was sweet of him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-she is of the mind she can take stuff and then put it back. I dont care as long as she moves. I think she will see the diff. having a nice place rather quickly. She already FINALLY called her place a dump-thats huge. I think when I said keep it for awhile you think I meant years,not so. Besides you can insure an unoccupied dwelling. There are no contents worth anything-seriously. They keep everything in excellent condition forever. Her couch is over 35 yrs. old. Her box spring belonged to her MIL who passed when I was 8 mo. preggers w/ 25 yo. DD.
    Some of her casserole dishes and cookbooks were wedding gifts-so 61 yrs. old.
    All her clothes were for a 140# woman,she is 108# so they dont fit. and they are mostly from the Amer. cancer society resale or Sears clearance. The bedroom suite (her name) is from the 50's but the mold is new. She said all new furniture.
    Wait until she sees real life and what she's missing. A lot of changes will occur.
    She wants to keep her dining room table-it has leaves so it might work.
    Nobody is happy now. I cant stand leaving her there every time I visit. But I dont want to destroy her taking her out of her fragile comfort zone either. IDK if she can handle this. She is good now because everything is the same but she is worrying about the dumbest stuff. She doesnt know you can change the address at the post office,she thinks there will be plenty of others who dont have cable or internet. She doesnt understand group dynamics. I feel like Dbro is sticking my Dmom on the highway on a trike. BUT we will help her when we can. I am more worried about the memory drops she seems to be having. I am hopeful being around people more will jump start her. We shall see.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got a call last night from the Army at 11pm that Ds had been in the air 15 min. I was so excited when he said Ds would touch down at 10:30 today I forgot to ask AM/PM?? lol
    He has 2 layovers,touches down in Colorado and then they travel a bit in Colorado so I suppose P.M. I was laughing because they get a ceremony welcome. Prob. the last thing they want after all that travel. So fingers crossed by tonight I know something.

Having a little breathing issue. All the newbie neighbors are burning leaves. DH will do the back today.
    DD has work but her BF will take her today-yippeeeee!
    Dogs are back. BBL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good Morning everyone

Touching in real fast before I take DS to work. I'll post again when I get back.

SD - That was cool of your DH to go on and get the cactus and thistle feeder for you. I would've been stoked that DH was paying enough attention to know that I was intrested. Generally when we're out shopping together he's looking at his own thing or playing on his phone.

FW - SO excited for you about your son. I'll be thinking about you today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ok, I'm back with a fresh cup of coffee.

Spent the afternoon/evening at my parents last night and then a couple of hours on the phone with DB #2. We've been dealing with a "what do we do situation" for a long time with them and my sister. Both of my brother's live several states away and so I see most of what's going on with our parents but only vent to them on occassion. Basically the situation is that they can no longer care for bothfinancially and physically all the things that need taken care of with thier house and our sister, who still lives home is making the problem much worse. Her stuff, we call it ooze has, has taken over the house and it seems that every new area she takes over ends up needing major repair. She was originally "upstairs" which consists of two bedrooms and a bathroom. Now just her stuff is up there, the plumbing is completely clogged and we think leaking in the wall but it's almost impossible to get through her ooze to really pull it apart, we think the wiring has an issue as well as things keep shorting out up there, and we think one of the windows is leaking into the wall. The landing and on down the stairs has piles of her stuff as well. She has now taken over the spare bedroom down stairs and has gotten that to the point where she doesn't even sleep in there. She now has her bedding on the couch in the family room. Anyway I could go on but the problem is they won't give her an ultimatium or keep her contained to an area. She has a good job but her finances are a mess. We're at a loss of what to do as when we've tried to do things in the past it's only ended up enabling the situation. At this point there needs to be something though and so DB and I spent the phone time running through scenarios. No plan yet that seems feasible but he's decided that his family is coming in for Thanksgiving and maybe we'll be able to figure out something.

As for today I'm going to take my time doing laundry and general straightening and put together a "honey do" list for the next two weeks for while my work time is extended. DH is much more effective with a list (and he openly admitts it) and since he will be going to his family's get together for a few days over Thanksgiving I need him to get done a few things before he goes. I'll probably tackle giving the bathrooms a good scrub as well as he does pretty good with general upkeep but hard core deep cleaning he's not nearly as effective at. Trying to talk myself into another outdoor run as well since the weather is getting colder but we'll see.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, great that your DS will be back in CO soon! Hope Maxx feels better today and doesn't need vet care. I know how worried you are about your mom, but hopefully she'll be happy in a new, clean place with friendly people around her. When my mom first moved out of her house, everybody at the "55+" facility welcomed her with open arms and were absolutely wonderful to her. It was a very smooth transition.

SD, you have a sweet husband! Good luck with the docks today.

Nomad, the picture reminded me of Rosie the Riveter Hope you find pecans at a good price. We grow tons of pecans here in Georgia and they're still expensive. According the local media, it's been a really good growing season for pecans, the amount of sun and rain and proper temps aligned to produce a bountiful crop. My principal used to give the whole faculty and staff pound bags of shelled pecan halves at Christmas, really a great gift. We all looked forward to getting them each year.

pinetree, so sorry about your plants. I still have 2 bell pepper plants that are flowering and trying to produce, even after the nights last month when the temps were in the 30s. There's one little bell pepper, about an inch long, and 5 or 6 flowers that popped out the last few days.

Still tired but getting there...yesterday after we picked up our BBQ plates I dozed in DH's recliner for several hours and then ended up watching some SEC games on TV and listening to the Auburn game online. I also made good progress with Bible study homework. Didn't do church this a.m., in fact DH is still in bed. I'm up but still in my jammies and robe.

For Sunday:

1) Finish catching up on Bible study homework
    2) Bake bread
    3) Cook a nice meal
    4) Vacuum downstairs
    5) Plan for next week

I hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-Dmom is neurotic and a glass 1/2 empty kinda gal. She works to find the negative unaware so does it.

Hard to wrap my head around the fact that my "little boy" is a man who has traveled to all those hostile places and is returning for awhile soon.
    I want to do something for him but he hates fuss and has no need of stuff. I'll cook for him if he'll let me. I know he's seen things I never wanted him to see but I doubt he will discuss any of it.

Nice sunny cold day. Dh is crabby yet again. IDK if I want to hang w/ him or not today lol
    Need to get off this cold medicine

-pick up DD from work
    -made a baked good
    -plan Thanksgiving list of groc. I need
    -vaccumn

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning, well for the next 25 minutes, now if I can get this posted before its afternoon!! lol

Nomad, love the picture!! I really don't like sanding at all give me the mud and the tape, and off we go!! I Dont mind pounding nails either except I can't lift more than 7 lbs! My purse weighs More than that!

FW I will watch the news tonight, they usualy show when troops come back in to Ft. Carson. They probably fly into Pete feild in Colo. Springs? I don't know for sure, DH is retired Air Force.
    Anyway he's home!
    I woudn't worry about your DMom yet, she's probably got alot running thru her head. She's got to get it sorted out. I know geting older myself, its tuff doing new major things.

SD, Can you find anymore deals?? Hey I wanna picture of that cactus!! I love cactus, I'll take a picture of George next year when he blooms giant purple flowers, mine are outside..

ILC, rest, and rest somemore!! We bright in a couple pepper plants one year, they did ok, but they like it in hot temps!
    I still have my inside ones. they are still blooming and enjoying the indoor sun!

Niko. sending up prayers!!

Hello to everyone i didn't get to. I need to get moving

Yesterday I about killed myself, here the list
    Wiped down all my cabinet doors inside and out

took a wood thingy, we had carpet on for the cats to use as a scratching post, well the ones that used it are gone now, so I took off all the carpet and gave it to the kids, they are going to stain it and use it as a stand for their ER fish tank. DS made the wooden thing in school, in 1998, as a fish tank stand!

Wiped down half of the baseboards in the living room, after moving the crap from the walls

wiped down the hutch with scratch cover, looks like I need a coat of stain

shampooed the oversized chair, one of my perfect cats got sick all over the arm of it and it went down the chair and cushion, ick!

washed the blanket they got sick on, ick

wiped down one wall in the living room

vacuumed up spider webs

sliced up a mess of zucchini and put in freezer

swept kitchen floor

and more I can't remember..

today
    planting garlic, even if its in mud, its got to go in the ground, period.
    scrub kitchen floor
    watch DH blow leaves, the kaltupa tree is shedding its leaves, they are huge too some are 12-14 inches across, its fun to watch the slowly drift down and land in the pile. I know get a life! lol

The kids are off fishing, hoping for a fish or two , I want walleye, trout, perch, DIL wants trout to smoke, Hope they dont get skunked, oh well its beautiful where they went so they will have fun, this should be their last trip. its kinda in the hills, so there might be some snow.

Have a great day!!

Whhohoo , I had 4 minutes to spare, my time!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry just not having my day today. FW, cholera would be treatable with the current medicine and good nursing.

Niko a big hug, please keep posting .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, take it easy! Don't overdo so much. Sounds like a very productive day though. Can't wait to see the pic of George.

Nomad, that's such a tough situation. I hope when your siblings are home for the holidays and can see firsthand what you've been telling them about, you all can come up with a solution.

ILC, the dock is out and the bikes are both trailered, waiting to be moved up to the new parking pad halfway up the hill. Then we'll take them off the trailers and cover them for winter. We can't put them on the parking pad till the threatening trees are cut down and removed. I wish the tree guy would come. I hope he hasn't forgotten he said he'd come this month. It's sure going to be nice to get the bike trailer made. We love it already. It was so easy to lift the bikes on the trailers and just let the truck do the work of carrying them up where they needed to be. It's going to be even better once we have a trailer they actually fit on so they don't slide around.

Such a relief to have this chore out of the way, finally.