2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 222
Page 222 of 271 FirstFirst ... 122172212219220221222223224225232 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree--Good luck with those chores and kids being home.

Ayanka--My feeling is that every house should have two dishwashers--one for clean and one for dirty. My DH fusses about the way I do dishes, so he now does all the dishes.

I haven't done much today so far. I got all but one of my mystery phone shops done today. I suspect the other store may be closed since it is near a military base and it is Veteran's Day. I make a whopping $2 a shop, but it only takes me 5 minutes and I can do it in my pjs. Got a button to sew on some pants and then iron them. Started reading Killing Lincoln. I read Killing Kennedy. Both are good reads. Making a brown rice chicken broccoli casserole tonight using leftovers. Money is so tight right now. Praying that the doctor says ok for me to go on disability since I can't babysit anymore. Hoping DH will take me to the used bookstore after he gets off work to sell some books. Well the sun comes out every now and then. Everyone have a great day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got some WW beef stew that turned into vegetable beef soup in the Crock for supper. I've started regaining actual weight instead of water weight, so better nip it in the bud and see if I can lose the regain and some more besides. I have to do better or I have all kinds of unpleasant health problems coming my way. I don't know why I can't get my head together and lose, but all I can do is start over every single day until I finally get it right.

Cut off $7 worth of postage from prepaid postcards and some SASEs I used to use for writing and glued them on a package that goes in the mail tomorrow. I hope the PO doesn't complain too much. It's all valid postage and I left it so they can cancel it all, so it should be okay. I didn't realize I still had it and thought I had gotten all the postage out of my desk years ago.

Signed up for another online writing class, which is why I'm online so early. Still have to read the lesson.

Rounded up a baby gate for my sewing room door. It's not the one I want to use there but it'll work for now. The gate with a net curtain draped from the top of the door to the floor, along with the gate, keeps the cats out of the sewing room but allows heat in there so I don't freeze to death in there in the winter.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have the sore throat now hacking crud! So mostly holding the sofa down today!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everybody! It's cold and wet here, in fact, we're colder than NYC right now. Now that's weird.

Boy, do I feel better. It took me several days to recover from our marathon drive. pinetree, you're right, we're not as young as we once were

SD, do you use tape or glue for your found postage stamps? Once I almost covered the front of the envelope using old but uncancelled stamps. It worked!

fw, hope you hear from your DS soon. Great about all the trash you're dumping!!

Gbug, I've read Killing Patton but was disappointed there was so much about the Nazi regime instead of about Patton. I don't know if all the books in the series are like that. Maybe it was a fluke. Praying that you'll hear about disability soon.

Nomad, good luck with the upcoming work schedule. Post if you can.

TDN, take care of yourself and get well soon.

Ayanka, how's the house situation?

Niko, I believe that adding nothing to the sofa is indeed a good thing!

pinetree, I'm getting tired of all the leaves in my kitchen too. Not only do the cats track them in but somehow the dogs sometimes manage to get in too and boy, does it make a mess. Plus I'm not convinced DH wipes his feet properly every single time he comes in. Have fun with the kids this week, and try not to overdo around the house, even though it's wonderful to hear that you feel so much better.

If I missed anyone, hi, and hope you're doing all right.

For Monday:

1) Do some financial stuff with DH DONE
    2) Get Kroger list and coupons ready for tomorrow's shopping trip DONE
    3) Make list of books to check on at library DONE
    4) Try on some clothes someone gave DH and she brought to me
    5) Reset den
    6) Plan menus for the rest of the week

Have a good day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Download a free Brookside snack bar on your Kroger card if you have one. This is not a Free Friday item.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, I glued them on but left space between the rows for tape, in case the PO wants to tape it all on after they cancel them. I was told at the PO years ago not to put tape over uncancelled stamps because they have to be exposed enough to be cancelled right on the actual surface of the stamps themselves, which makes sense. I'm sure they'll take them. I've done it before, though not that many and not from postcards. Most of the stamps are only twenty cents except for one $3 stamp so old the space shuttle is on it, so there are quite a few. I'm glad I found them now because we don't send many packages and this is a nice big one, so lots of space to glue all the stamps on, a good use for them all, and a $7 reduction in the total bill. We don't have much other use for stamps so getting rid of them all at once will be nice. I sure hope there aren't any other stamps lurking out there anymore. I used to have to snail all my manuscripts out and include SASEs with every one, so I went through postage like crazy. Now of course it's all done by e mail, so I doubt I'll need postage for anything like that again, not for work anyway.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD as long as the stamp can show the ink from being ran thru the machine and it shows as canceled they will go thru, DDad retired from the Post Office after 45 yrs. Wow that still gets me, thats along time, and to tell you the truth was not a very nice place to work.

ILC, glad you're feeling better!

GB, What is taking the DR. so long to get you on disability? Does he think you can go back to work? He won't do anything unntil you are done with rehab, OR they say theres no more improvement.
    Thanks about the kids I love having them around, I always tell them to take another week off!
    ( You do know they live across the road from me, right? ) I'm really lucky!!

Ayanka, HI!!!! Hows the house coming along? Post more!!

TDN, I hope you get rid of that soon,and please don't send it this way!! Eat alot of chicken soup!!!

Well, I pooped out... going to get my yarn out and sit here and veg... Looks like we might have a bllizzard heading our way Wed. hope it stays in the mountains!! I guess up North is suppose to get it too, but not sure about you FW!!

Oh yeah, FW, did your DS fly into Peterson Air Fore base? They had on the news a small plane went down near there, maybe they delayed them a bit? Hope you hear from him soon!

Might check in later and then might just go take a Big nap, I have to go check out kroger, well here its king soopers. Thanks GB!
    Last edited by pinetree; 11-09-2015 at 02:21 PM. Reason: what else, spelling

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-Are you trying to KILL me! NO he's home. He messaged me this morning.
    That plane went down near him in the desert before he left (Branson's plane) and the plane exploded from the bomb in the Sinai strip just after he left,then the Cholera report in Kuwait just after he got there,now a small plane at the airport. The kid has always been riding on the angels wings. Pray it stays that way!! I feel immensely better now that he's in the states.

Secretly-sorta relieved that DD ended it. Never would have wished it but this guy needed counceling for self image. He was over this morning and handed all the stuff back. If someone asks you if you want to break up because they are worthless long enough you say OK?. Not good for DD.
    We went to Thai food and I listened to endless Renaissance cast tales and he wont stop texting her. Sorry he wasnt what she wanted,sorry he was bad for her depression.please. Leave my DD alone. I made the point that she isnt responsible for him NO matter what.

SD-thought I was the only one who did the stamp save. Ive even steamed them off the envelope and reglued to another.

Sorry about the weather guys. It's actually good here. NOisy because everyone is sucking leaves like mad but not too cold. Snow will surely hit soon but until then lifes good. (no rain either!!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

NO, no,no FW, a small iddy bitty plane went down this morning near peterson air base, which might have delayed incoming planes to the base, I was only saying maybe he was delayed, I didnt realize he was here in CO already! Sorry about that, I was trying to Help!! Hugs!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-lol The "kid" was a twin at 5 weeks and not a 10 weeks so bizarely joke he has the luck of 2 people. I am watching the news about troops in Syria. I won't know his next assignment for awhile Always something.

Dmom is serious about this move. I guess she was discussing it w/ her buddies at church. The lady who takes her groc. shopping is sad. I am shocked she hasnt doubled back. Now she wants out of this dump. Blessed be her bird is back pecking more hole is the house. Gotta buy that bird a gift once she gets out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well couldn't wait until tomorrow to post my freebie day. I got free: quart of paint from Sherwin Williams; snack bars, Welch's grape juice, and a bag of frozen veggies from Kroger, free sample of peanut free spread, and a paperback from book mooch. I love days like these.

Pinetree- They told me it would take 5 months when I filed for disability. I had an interview, filled out activity and a report on my meds and doctors to give them access permission, and now I'm in the final step to see their doctor to have tests run to see that I am not trying to defraud them. Crazy, I know, but I guess too many people try it. The evidence of stroke, scoliosis, spondylitis, high bp, and high cholesterol has not changed. The only difference is that I can walk now. Not perfect, but better. Since I filed, I have the pressure and vision thing going on, so I added that doctor and meds to the list. They can see me move to see that I'm not able to work. I understand they will back pay me from the last day that I worked which was March 13th the day before my stroke. I only go to therapy once or twice a week. I'm really at a standstill, but they still are trying to help me with balance, coordination and strength. Don't know how much longer I will be going.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, the stamps I cut off were all new, unused stamps. The ones on the post cards were printed right on the cards, so no glue, and the self-stick ones wouldn't have come off with steam. It should work out okay.

I'm so exhausted today. I thought summer was bad but this fall has been too hectic and too much running around. I should have been outside working since it was sunny and fifties, but just couldn't get out of the chair most of the day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, I'll keep you in my prayers too, I sure hope things straighten out for you soon, 5 months is along time! Good Luck!
    Wow, I could sure use a free can of paint WTG!! you did good!!

FW, Hooray!! Your DMom is really moving?? Give her a hug for me? Ok, maybe a WTG, Mom! Hows the puppy doing?

SD, well its about time you slowed down alittle!! You have been running for months now!!

It looks like we are going to get hit bad with the snow, tomorrow night, The ac's are coming out in the morning, the tarps and heating lamps are going out for the animals so they dont freeze.. aw man , looks like our luck ran out on the weather! Boy, sure am glad we got the garlic in, now it can settle down and rest up for the spring.

I havent done much of anything today, the kids came over and spent a few hours messing around, now its getting to be dinner time. DH found some no added salt-veg soup, I might try that, I dont have to cook, just nuke it..

ILC, Ok I see you lurking, whatcha up to? Hugs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-yeah i got that. I used to get self addressed stamps on the inside envelope of charities I gave too. Those were nice. I specialized in their address labels too and the free notecards. We give but not 1x a month like they pound you w/. I always kept the pennies when they sent them and the keys from the dealership too. Of and the highlight stickers for kids homework. In fact I just got smiley faced ones. I put one on my mirror because I thought it was ironically amuzing.

pinetree-puppy if feeling playful and just loves DH. I hate that I have to do the 2nd and 3rd treatments wed/thurs but that ends that hanging over us. Hopefully it will go well. Now that DD isnt moving out w/ BF though that makes an issue.
    And moms on the waiting list.

GB-wtg. Hope disability goes thru for you. We always thought about it for Dh as a stop gap. But he's in computers and they say well cant he work from home?? Well if the employer say sure and he isnt so stoned from pain meds and he doesnt have to travel and can drive-blah to the blah blah!! He was on full disability after his accident but through work not the state.

Ds was telling me that SO many people were there when they landed. Made me sad that we couldnt be. Glad they got the respect they deserved.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, it was from Kelly Moore not Sherwin Williams. Try Quality Paints in Unlimited Colors | Kelly-Moore Paints and see if they will have a coupon for a free quart.