2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 223
Page 223 of 271 FirstFirst ... 123173213220221222223224225226233 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry, I ll try to give you a short update on the house situation. First of all, by my knowledge the appartement hasn't been rented out yet. Part of me feels sorry for the money, part of me giggle because I hope the landlord will actually have to eat the cost of renting something that is so badly heated and not 100% kept up well out.

For the house, well Im still working on my kitchen door. Have been working the weekend and I just want this over and done with so I don't have more dust in the kitchen. We did take another side board thing down downstairs though, to be able to get the washing machine done. And the big room downstairs is empty right now. Only some big plastic bags, but they will probably be useful sometime.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka--Hang in there. Things will get better.

Today I am stuffing envelopes for an event at the soup kitchen this morning and then working at the food pantry at church this afternoon. Thankful to have somewhere that I can be useful. As you can tell, I am not a sitter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, thanks for the update.

Gbug, thanks for the link about the paint.

SD, it's about time you rested! Goodness knows you've been busy.

fw, that's great that so many people were there to welcome home your DS and the others!! Everyone who serves or has served is a hero and should be honored as such. Glad to hear Hunter's treatment is almost over, and that your DH has some job prospects this week.

pinetree, I'm so sorry the snow is coming. Your weather had been nice lately, hadn't it? I think the earliest we've ever gotten snow was one year around Christmas (only time ever it has happened here then, I think), but we usually don't have any till January. Sometimes we haven't had any till Feb. or even March, but most years we don't have any snow at all. We do get ice sometimes, though, which is worse because it brings down so many trees. Of course, if any of the local weather forecasters even hint that maybe there could be a snow flurry, then everybody goes crazy and rushes to the stores and buy up all the bread, milk, eggs, bottled water, and beer. It's hilarious. And of course the schools get calls from the parents asking if we're letting out early. The forecast can be for POSSIBLY a flurry or two several days in the future but people still immediately go nuts. Then of course there was the time in January of '88 when snow actually was falling heavily and our school superintendent wouldn't dismiss the schools till 11:30 so it could be counted as a full day. I had bus duty so I ended up staying while other teachers were leaving, and my DH had left his work downtown to come home. I wasn't there so he (slowly) drove to my school to check on me. Finally we got all the kids gone. By then the snow was deep and since no one around here has snow tires or chains, and the county has no snow-removal equipment, I drove about between 5 and 10 mph and made it home safely. Fortunately at the time we lived only a few miles from my school. One of our teachers was in the hospital that day having a baby and had no visitors the entire hospital stay because everybody was snowed in. She said it was great---she got to rest a lot.

Had a vertigo attack (mild, thank goodness) last night and wasn't able to go to Bible study. Still really headachy this morning but not much dizziness and no nausea. Man, I HATE vertigo.

For Tuesday:

1) Vacuum downstairs
    2) Mop
    3) Do a load of laundry
    4) Send out reminder email to retired teachers
    5) Work on some more financial stuff with DH
    6) Check Craigslist, etc., for dog house (We have a nice big one but Jaxx sometimes won't let Sadie in it. Bad dog!)

Have a good one, everybody.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-I have had that before w/ all the sinus and ear issues I had as a kid. Not pleasant and worse as an adult. I remember being so dizzy I couldnt figure out which way was up to sit up. Hope it goes away and stays there!!!

Ds is radio silence so I hope he's sleeping in (as if in the Army).
    I went to drop DD off at work because Dh was MIA this morning and I hope he's on an interveiw. I got bagels at her store and shopped a few things at Kroger. I am starting the eat at home ultra conservative week. Got a precooked chicken and I had a bagel w/ it for breakfast and I will try to make soup today.
    I need to hit Aldis for Produce.

DH is dragging his feet about both his surgery and the filing of unemployment. And he left w/o out word today I can tell the stress is hitting him. Pride aside though he needs to schedule.

So geeked my Dental cleaning came back no charge. Just have to see what the filling fix will cost and we are home free.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well the "weekend" ( Sunday and Monday ) turned out to be pretty productive after all. The kid was off work but sort of sick. I had a few things done but she kicked in late evening and we got ... ( mostly her stuff which she did those herself... bed and bath but still ... )

all floors swept

all floors mopped
    dishwasher finally full and ran... not unloaded

her bedding washed, dried and back on

the counter pretty much cleaned off. we went thru piles of bill, advertisments, receipts etc. Still a couple small areas one of which is his and he said DON'T TOUCH IT OR MOVE IT. All righty now. I'll take it for now. He has no other place to sit on his computer which is where he watches a lot of movies and crap.

Some cleaning stuff that was on the counter put back under the sink. Don't know why I left it out in the first place. Yes, yes I do. Cause under the sink needs cleaned out too .. sigh

I don't know what she took out of her bed and bath but there were 3 garbage bags full. I have a feeling she got rid of a bunch of clothes that don't fit anymore that she's had for years and wouldn't let go of. I did find on top of one bag a good smelling candle that she pitched and I brought it in to work with me. I don't allow candles burning cause it's a trailer and no insurance. Not taking that chance.

I got rugs washed, dried and put back down.

She got her tub, sink, commode super clean and the sink isn't covered with makeup and smelly stuff.

On the down side I found why there's been no more clothes put on the dreaded couch. There's a new pile of clean dried clothes in a pile on a box in the utility room. Sigh. Not too bad but still a pile. They are coming down though. So there's that. Wish I could twitch my nose and WHAM... put away.

All pots and pans are washed/dried and put away... for now.

Believe me.. my back was in &(*)&( pain.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, Hey at least they are washed!! Now you only need to put them away!! Sounds like you are really cleaning things up! Now come help me!! lol, Glad you are feeling better! Sending up prayers for you guys! Hugs!

Gbug, Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you! I got the coupon!! Thanks to you my kitchen cabinets are getting a fresh coat of paint! YIppeee!!!
    Keeping you in my prayers, I sure hope things go your way for awhile. It's so hard feeling crappy, and can't do what you use to. I don't know if I will ever get use to it. You seem to be doing better, then down again, I know its hard.. Hugs

Ayanka, Are you completely done with that apartment now?? Oh How exciting if you are. It might take him a year or two to rent it, So sad, LOL!!! I am so happy for you!!

FW, wow, the ups and downs at your house, keeps me busy!! Does little puppy need 2 more pills? Is this really bad too? Is he out of the woods now?
    So glad your DS is here, hope hes ready for snow after beiing in 150* heat!!

ILC, Oh how I wish we got snow at Christmas! We are thinking about the Christmas lights now, here we put them up around now, we dont turn on, cause if you dont get them up and out you have to go out in below 0 weather and do it.. then they dont get done.
    We don't have snow tires here, we drive all year on regular ones, in the mountains they just passed a law, cars will have to have chains, on certain days. We have a set of chains, but have never used them, We keep a small bag of cat litter in the trunk to use if we get stuck.
    Funny how different places are!
    My Aunt got stuck out on the highway I-25 a few years ago, just about the northglen exit, she thought she'd just walk home, about a mile, by the time my Uncle found her she had only made it about 1/2 mile, was frozen, and she hasn't driven a block since.
    Funny you said about the vertigo, mine has been too, I told the DR, that my rocks are moving around again, he just agreed lol
    Hey that happens here too! You cant find a bottle of water right now!! Bread forget it!! People go crazy here too. Well ones that haven't been here very long, or others that don't stockpile for the winter.

SD, I can't remember what you are doing , but I hope its going good..
    I must be getting old, i can't remember now, oh, its my medicine, yea, that sounds good! Have fun writing!!

Hi to the rest of you I forgot!!

Today has been busy and I'm about done already.

1. AC's are out, back in their boxes and put away,
    2. The window is cleaned, screen back in and winterized
    3. carpet vacuumed behind the couch and the blanket on it, YIPPPEEEE, no cat hair for the next few minutes!!
    4.dinners decided and ready to go
    5. Snow blower is ready to work, its been started, gassed up and have the gas can filled
    6. generater is all tuned up, gassed up and ready to go, gas can filled.

still want to replant some plants from outside pots to put on front porch for the winter.
    make somehting, sweet.

Ok better get busy, its 60* outside, um wonder what it will be tomorrow morning, we will probably have to get up during the night to shake down tree, we still have green ones on alot of them yet, hope this doesnt take down alot of branches! We were hoping they would down grade this, but looks like its going to happen sometime during the night..

Have a fantastic day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't done much of anything this week. Not even writing.

Chains are illegal here, and so are studded tires. We don't use snow tires, just all-season radials.

It's supposed to be an El Nino year here this year and I sort of hope so except that would mean a dry spring which is never good. But a warm winter would be a nice change. Temps here have been around twenty degrees higher than normal so it's been a really late fall. We're supposed to get snow tomorrow or Thursday but then the weekend is supposed to be warm again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-no a whole procedure 2 days in a row. He goes in tomorrow morning and stays all day. They inject him w/ the treatment and I pick him up at 5pm. And bring him back at 8:30 Thurs. to repeat. Then 30 more days. THEN he is done if we get through everything w/in 30 days he can get shots and a snip. Poor guy has the hanging dew claws too and kinda dirty teeth. His fur already looks glossier from the good kibble and cats food he likes. Bit by bit. And yes I live in a circus.

Dh had a pre interveiw w/ a healthcare system. I think its the 6 month contract to hire. The hourly on 1 of them is outrageously good.
    He also went to unemployment and got treated bad when she found out what he previously made. We will get $350. a month according to him. Do ya think thats possible?? Am I clueless. that doesnt pay utilities.

DD is approaching her 6 mo. period of reveiw next month. I pray all goes well after that fool wrote her up for not waiting on someone while on UNpaid break. If he screwed up the assistant manager position I will seek legal advice.

Didnt do anything on the MIL clean up. Just in my head today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fw, Sorry, I asked DH about the heartworm , he always had dogs, and he said he doesn't know anything about it. I guess we dont have it here?
    Anyway, I hope he does OK, thats along time to sit in the cage at the vets, hope he does OK.
    WTG on DH's job hunt I will pray extra hard for you guys tonight!
    I know here a few yrs back a friend was getting $400 on unemployment, but things have really changed, Take all you can get, it will help with groceries or gas. Can he deduct all his job hunting in income tax?

Well I am done and ready for dinner we got all new straw in the houses, tarps over the straw bales, my flowers brought in, now if I want summer I can go on the front porch!
    Vacuumed kinda thru the house, got the big stuff picked up, kitchen all cleaned up, dishes put away, and that is more than enough, tho I do have to say that the house sure is looking alot better..
    The renter came over and say they want to move, man I give up helping people, we let them go 3 months behind on rent, they were having job problems, which is no surprise and want us to give them a good reference, no way. I suppose they will move out during one of these nights,, Now money is really tight again! 2 steps forward, one back, I know dont gripe, it could be 2 back!!

They have upped the inches on the snow, blizzard conditions are suppose to start at midnight, hope its not too bad.. we will see..

Good night....Ladies...sleep tight.....
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-last time the vet made the tech take him out every hr. To be honest he spends most of his time on my bed w/ me watching tv/sleeping w/ DH or by himself in the other room. We tried the crate and decided to chance it because him getting hysterical or going psycho or the meds wanst better. I just couldnt listen to it and watch him cry. NOw tomorrow he may be in it again for a bit.

OK stupid me story
    Got a packaged addressed to us w/ a Kayla XXXXX name on it. Not ours so I called the number on the package and she lives on the corner. Shes new. I drive it down. IDK Y (maybe because I was curious if it was from our rescue??) but I said its looking nice I noticed the new fence did you get a new dog. I said I do rescue and was curious if you got it from our group. BUT turns out she is Kayla the director who just retired from the group I volunteer at about a year before I started. Kayla who adopted me Greta (formerly Lily) my belloved German Shepherd mix who I lost 3 yrs ago to Cancer. That was 13 years ago now so In the dark and rain-somehow-I didnt recognize her.lol Dh just shook his head. Only me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the envelopes stuffed at the soup kitchen and worked at the food pantry. Sold some books at the used book store and bought one of my medicines. On the way home, DH called and said that the neighbor had prepared dinner for us. What a nice treat! Got to get to bed early tonight as I have to be at the neuro ophthalmologist early in the morning. Suppose to have rain tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, keep us posted about the neuro appointment.

pinetree, I just checked weather.com and you are getting snow! How is it? The forecast said that it will be pretty again either tomorrow or the next day????

I know your husband is retired military. Thanks to him and to everyone else who protects and serves our country.

I spoke too soon yesterday----ended up with a really bad headache and a little nausea so it was a washout. But today is sunny (first time in a while) and I have a hair appointment and the headache is gone.

For Wednesday:

1) Haircut 12 noon
    2) Laundry (from yesterday) IN PROGRESS
    3) Sweep/vacuum/mop (from yesterday)
    4) Record recent expenditures DONE
    5) Cull expired coupons DONE
    6) Enjoy the sunshine and temp in low 70s

Have a good day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

just lost my darn post.
    -talked to Ds and he has his new phone
    -Dropped the dog
    -hit the groc.
    Feeling a little shaky and achy today. Kinda need to hit aldi for spuds and a few veg.
    Lost $60. in groc. at Kroger. Did well w/ free whipped creme for buying Pumpkin pie at $4.99 and turned in bottles to make the Choc. milk free after w/ .30 so that cover the 3 bananas??. Got the buy 10 get $5 off on 5 boxes of stove top,2 chip dip and cottage cheese and 2 pot pies. Broccoli crwons were .99 too. I saved my free bread coupon for next time.
    Spent the most on gummy multi vit. and 2 gummy calciums. They had Claussen pickles clearanced at .79 but I passed as i am over stocked on pickles.

So tired. Dmom was moping today. Cant cheer her up everyday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning!!

Haha, our blizzard turned out to be a dud. We got MAybe an inch MAybe 2 if it drifted a bit, the wind was really blowing. It at least watered everything, will try to get a picture.

Gbug, Let us know how it goes, sending up prayers for you!

ILC, yep the snow is realy kinda pretty, it didnt even stick to the road and just a little in the driveway where the sun doesnt hit . It will be gone by noon, and then another one next Tues, At least it got us ready for winter, everything put away and ready.
    DH says Thank-you!
    Are you sure you are feeling ok? Thats horrible about yesterday, hope its all gone. Enjoy your hair appt.!!

FW, Give a Thank you to your DS for serving. SO glad you are talking and he's back home, that has got to be some weight off your back! Hope your DH gets his checks soon, it all helps! Maybe both of you won't feel so stressed out. hugs. Your DMom is probably just thinkjing about crap, don't worry about it today.

SD, WOW we havent been on our post the same time thing for awhile, are you doing OK?

Hi to everyone!!

today
    make green tomato bread
    water plants
    grocery list

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made it to the ophthalmologist. Failed a peripheral test that I have passed every time, so he sent me for an extensive MRI. Lost count how many I have had since March. I have to go back tomorrow for results. I am so tired and annoyed with the whole thing.