2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 224
Page 224 of 271 FirstFirst ... 124174214221222223224225226227234 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-so sorry. Never say it but I am noticing decline w/ my eyes. I need to get in soon. Diabetes and all.

Yes,just making dumb comments back and forth w/ Ds earlier. I let him know I sold the car to DD so no surpises and that she broke it off w/ BF. Oh course he called him a name. Glad to hear he got a phone and all. Wondering how much snow. Such a change from his last few months weather. Just a speck of normal

Took a long nap and feel much better for it. DH is taking interveiws now so fingers crossed on some movement.
    Going to drop DD at work soon and may hit Aldi then. Dont have a long list but I am concentrating on Thanksgiving stock in.

Pinetree-I did in a wide way. He wouldnt like me talking about him at all on here. We are a weirdly private bunch unlike me on here usually. I have just neede the support and am so grateful to you all for it.

Kinda nice to have a break from walking and entertaining little dog but as the time gets closer I want to stare in the window at the clock lol. This dose is higher and i hope he does well. He was so sassy this morning making noises for Kelly at the vet door like he couldnt wait to get going. So I say,Ahhh,Hunter your concierge is here! and we all laughed. He just likes all the attention of the clinic. He wasnt sad to leave me. That makes it easier.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GBug, Ahh so sorry, I hope they find out what is wrong soon, I think mine might have but its taken almost a year and a different DR. Keeping you in my prayers, Dont give up! Hugs

FW, let me know how puppy does, I feel like he's partly mine?!! Hope everything is ok. Take it easy for awhile!

Niko, sending up prayers, bet you thought I forgot huh!

Well the sun has been shining all day the snow is gone except where the sun isnt hitting, it will be gone but tomorrow! The kids are talking about taking the camper out this weekend, suppose to be back in the low 70's yeaaa!

Where did everyone go??..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't keep up.

To all the former military families and current military and their families, thank you and yours for your service, especially today. I thanked a vet today at the grocery store (he was wearing a US Army Air Corps cap) and he just smiled and said, "you're welcome." My dad and brother were military, WWII and Vietnam eras, and I have nothing but respect for those who protect us all. Thank you.

Pinetree, the past couple days I've been doing some research and trying to keep up with my online writing class, or not online much. I'm just so tired lately, though it was better today. Today we were in town most of the day, trying to figure out how to make Mom's antique VCR work with her newer TV and her state of the art Dish receiver. They don't want to play nice together at all. We also did errands which always takes longer than expected. We also moved her megaton concrete birdbath to the garage, such fun.

It probably took us a half hour to get the paint situation figured out at the hardware store. They have a buy two, get one free deal going right now but for some reason (corporate messed up, the way it sounds) the paint wouldn't ring right and give us the discount. So the owner called the muckety-mucks and found out the sale doesn't start till the 18th, even though the ad clearly states it's good "now through Nov. 22." We had already gotten the paint mixed. Ugh. So they told us to take the paint home and just come back and pay for it before the 22nd, their suggestion, not ours. Try that at Walmart.

We also talked to the plumber there who is also one of the owners, and he'll put in the bathroom vanity when he comes to redo the plumbing and put in the faucet. So I better get started on that paint job, too. It would be really nice if we could get the new vanity all done before the driveway gets too slick. I'm glad I don't have to install that vanity because it's not going to be fun.

FW, it's probably more stressful and harder on your dog to keep him crated than to let him be free, as long as you don't let him get too rambunctious which I'm sure you don't.

No painting today. By the time we got home I just couldn't face it. But I'm looking forward to getting started on it tomorrow. I really want to get enough painted in there to get Husby's desk in its place so he doesn't have that for an excuse for not getting on with the sorting in there.

We have a new GW rule now: We can't go in there unless we take donations in during the same trip. We've bought a ton of stuff this year and while we've donated or trashed a lot, too, we need to get rid of more. I'm not really looking for much right now anyway, so we don't buy much, usually. So today we donated an easy chair and a large footstool. Glad those are gone. I found a sort of lacy shower curtain for my sewing room door, to keep the cats from jumping the baby gate. It's much shorter than what I had with a more open weave, so the air flow will be much better, and since I could put shower curtain rings on it, it slides much better so will be less of a problem to open and close. All that is well worth the $3 it cost me and I'm glad I found it. I also picked up a set of three really cute plate stands, sort of a lightweight wrought iron, that I'll use for my four tiny bulletin boards I made the other day. Wish there had been four, but that's okay because I want one leaned against the bottom of my monitor anyway, so it's all good. Those were $3, too.

I think we need to quit buying groceries for a while, too. We have way too much food in the house right now.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm sorry but I'm too tired to go back and try to catch up with everyone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Right on time SD!! Was wondering where you were!! This time was exact!! lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-part yours? goody where would you like the bill sent? lol He did fine. He thinks its a spa I swear but he was ready for going home. Smart little pooper. He immediately searched the car for the treat I had mentioned when we went.lol
    Tomorrow and then done-thank goodness!!! Now thats not counting the 30days rest.

SD-yeah. We will toss a toy occasionally but we try hard. IDK how he will do w/ the size diff w/ the big dogs though. He isnt aware he is small.
    Sorry about the paint but that Would NEVER happen here,ever. We have left our license before to take a dog harness and try it on the dog in the car. Even then people get wonkie about it. Hope the painting goes well. Spring I want to fix the ceiling in here and paint the whole MIL apt. IDK how big it is but at least 18x25
    minus the closet.
    Started that rule w/ S.A. then they pee'd me off about the couches w/ the legs that had a nick of paint off (boo to the hoo) and i havent dropped anymore. I need to though. Gettin' tp that-ha!

So DD is so broken hearted she already has 3 boys she is talking w/ from work and the Festival she worked. Too funny.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

umm, well I meant part mine for the worrying ang for hugs and kisses and giving him treats, ummm, never thought about money!! LOL!!
    Hope he is doing ok. Thats got to be really sarey!!

DD does sound like shes tore up, aww the joys of being young and single!

Night, I'm calling it a day...
    Last edited by pinetree; 11-11-2015 at 07:52 PM. Reason: dang it speklling, aw geeze

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-Like I told Dh I'm afraid to tally the total esp. since no shots,fixing,license.
    Willing to do all those just unable unitl after.
    He is sore at the injection site w/ swelling and shave. Seems groggy this time. He ate well and drank a lot. I told Dh to get me if there is any issue overnight. He loves Dh so he will hang tonight. Dh has taken over most of the care gradually so i know he likes him. Kelly looked so warn out today. I should get her a Hunter gift. I hate the idea of tomorrow but almost there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning!!

FW, Good Luck with the puppy today, I hope all goes well. did your DH get the job or does he have to wait to see? Hugs

Hi to everyone, guess you are still all in your cozy beds all snuggled up and warm.. or out running errands already! or even work!!

Today
    going to try and clean the carpet, yep a big job, but the kids bought a rug Dr. so I tought maybe I can take the upholstry tool and go around the base boards and DH can get the big middle part, I'm sure I can't handle that thing right now. My carpet needs cleaning so bad. Next time with carpet I sure wont choose this off white one, Not now I dont have the energy to take care of it..
    so that my list, thats enough and I doubt I can get this done.. Wish me Luck!

Gbug, Good Luck with your test today... keeping my fingers crossed everything is ok.

Have a great day!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, thinking about you and the test today.

fw, your DD sounds like mine---she is firmly "with" her boyfriend for a year and a half but if they broke up she would have no trouble finding another one. She is a guy magnet.

Try to get some rest. Then things won't be weighing on your mind quite so much.

SD, good luck with the painting. I've pretty much decided to paint DS's room before he moves back home. Right now it's a yellow that looks cream in some light and yellow in others, very easy to live with. But I think a pale khaki would be better for his room and the furniture he has. It's the bonus room over our oversized garage so it's huge, but it currently is almost empty so I could manage it pretty easily. It's moving all the furniture, stuff off the walls, etc., that I hate so much about painting.

pinetree, you are bright-eyed and bushy-tailed lately! Good for you! Just don't overdo!!!!

Well, this morning I was awakened by the neighbor calling telling me Sadie was out of the fence. I needed to get up anyway because DH and I had decided to do errands early so he could take the dogs to the river later. We've been to Tractor Supply, Aldi, and Piggly Wiggly for a sale on boneless roasts. He just left with the dogs. I may go to Dollar Tree after the noon news to pick up some items there. After all, I'm dressed, with makeup on, so why not? Plus I need to see what I can find for my Samaritan's Purse shoeboxes that are due at church Sunday.

For Thursday:

1) TS, Aldi, Piggly Wiggly DONE
    2) Dollar Tree
    3) Put away EVERYTHING bought today
    4) Record expenditures from today
    5) Revise menus
    6) Clean out fridge
    7) Bible study homework
    8) Pick up around my desk and chair

Have a good Thursday, everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I really need to join this challenge again. My house is messy!

What I've done today:
    1 load of dishes, another soaking
    1 load of laundry in wash
    Picked up living room

What I NEED to do today:
    prep dinner
    go decorate a coworkers locker
    run to our banks (after I pick up kids)
    Fax needed documentation to school for flu/tb testing (while decorating coworkers locker)

What I WANT to do today:
    Clean up dining room
    Vacuum first floor
    A bathroom??
    Catch up on dishes
    Fold 3 loads of laundry
    Do my nails
    Step 2
    Will update this when I have time

Food grown for my family so far: 37lbs 1 oz!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks PT- he was shaking on the way in but got happy when he saw his buddy Kelly. Last time thank goodness. I cant say how much stress this has caused.

Got Dd to work and finished getting the rest of the Thanksgiving goodies except for the turkey. I still want that upright freezer Sooooo much.

Feeling annoyed I have to go through the winter w/ my old van so I am asking no the keyless entry. My old one died and it was $50. so I didnt replace it. Right now I have to start the van/put it in drive and then park to unlock the hatch. I can lean over to unlock the side door but I am sick of doing this. IT's not fatal just annoying.

It's a very blustery day here but not as bad as they said so far. I just hope the power stays on esp. for the dogs treatment.
    Need to throw a load,get a shower and make the ravioi dinner I have in the fridge.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-Dollar Tree=turkey pans $1. Was there this morning and saw DD's besty. She is happy they broke up because she gets more time w/ DD.lol
    I like that choice of paint colors. I'm Jealous,we were always going to build a suite of the garage and family rm. and use DD's room as a mini library. She could have had our bedroom then. Fantasies!! haha-DD has behind length pretty hair and quite the rack so yeah.

Forgot-DW to flip too. Just want to go back under the covers!!!

Welcome Rai. Warning we gab and gab.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree--Cleaning my carpet tomorrow. I hate that job.

ILC--I did my shoeboxes, but this year I didn't have to send them. My son is a youth minister and one of his kids has taken on the project, so I gave it to him. It is a great project. I have been saving both prescription and OTC medicine bottles to send to Africa to a village that needs them. When they get their medicine, they have to put it in tissues and they may have a long walk back home. I figured it is better than throwing them away. All the labels are removed.

FW2--I have an upright freezer that I use only for my veggies. I usually keep it full after a summer garden, but this year it didn't happen since my stroke. I use my garage refrigerator freezer for my meat. I have really been watching the sales. Money has never been so tight with the doctor bills mounting.

Raique--You may get bored with us, but welcome.

I made it to the doctor today and my MRI showed nothing new. I had a couple more tests run, but I still failed the peripheral test, so the doc gave me a new eye drop to use. Sometimes I feel like a lab rat, but at least I don't have a tumor. I'm not planning on doing anything else today since I had my eyes dilated. Hopefully tomorrow I can go to therapy. I need to have my Warfarin level checked. Going to clean house and do laundry tomorrow, too. DH has to work tonight, so I don't have to prepare dinner. It is in the 60s here today. Suppose to get into the 40s tonight. I know that is probably balmy for some of you, but us Texans start getting our sleds ready with temps like that. Have a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fw, Let us know how he does! Hoping he will come home early! Hugs

Rai, welcome back, ya know you don't have to gab if you don't want! Good to see you!

Forgot DS had a blood test this morning, they aren't back yet. Hope this calms him down alittle he's worried all his levels are high, and scared to death after what happened to me.. I know he's got to quit some of his big mac's, but thats not too bad if he can get things under control now while he's young.. He is one of those people that sleep eats, so he might have to find better things to eat while he's out, if he can!

off I go!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB, I sure hope you can get some answers to the medical problems. Very frustrating not to know what's going on or what to do about it.

FW, good news about your son being back in CO, and the doggy being done with the meds. I hope the doggy will be fine, and your son too, of course.

ILC, the yellow you described sounds pretty. I love yellow rooms. Hope you can find a color your son will like. It sounds like he's going to have it pretty nice when he moves back home.

Ta-done so far:

~Painted about half Husby's office. There's nowhere to go with everything in there, so have to do it in sections which is easier anyway. We're going to have way too much paint. Oh, well. It's a nice color for lots of purposes.
    ~Made a batch of dog food. The doggies were so happy. I made them eat Alpo yesterday. Sota was okay with it but Sugar refused to eat it. Smart girl!
    ~Made some almond bark-coated stuff for Husby. He'll have to eat it with a spoon because there were too many goodies added and not enough almond bark to bind it all together. He won't care.
    ~Washed a big pile of dishes again. Where the heck do they come from?
    ~Cleaned the stove top, sort of.
    ~Washed up all but the big frying pan from making dog food.
    ~Moved the big trash can full of bird food out of the family room and back out on the front deck where it belongs. We think bear season is over, even though it's been so warm.
    ~Refilled all the feeders and put out suet, since it's supposed to be cold the next couple days. The nuthatches and chickees are happy.
    ~Straightened up some of the excess stuff that's out on the front deck and generally tidied things up.
    ~Got the three trash cans we use for deer corn in place on the front deck.

It's been rainy all day and it's switching over to snow now. We're supposed to get 2-4 inches tonight. The roads should be nice and greasy tomorrow morning. I hate that the bikes aren't tarped yet and ready for winter, but not much we can do about that till the trees are cut. It's supposed to be in the fifties Sunday though so at least the snow should melt. So glad the dock is out.