2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 225
Page 225 of 271 FirstFirst ... 125175215222223224225226227228235 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-just found a Kenmore upright 20 for $612.($300. off) w/ delivery and disposal of my old non working one. Its in the bsmt-winner winner chicken dinner. I miss the deals too and i told Dh I would unplug the cube (and sell if poss.)
    Sorry about the medical saga. I just keep saying to myself-blessed to have coverage. 40 degree is sweater time and time to put the flip flops away. I saw people in shorts this week.??

Pinetree-long wait today. The other vet, his wife is doing this one and it makes me more nervous. IDK I have seen him w/ all the animals for awhile.

Shopped more for Thanksgiving. These deals are great and the circular + sale is better yet.
    I can tell the sales for Thanksgiving are on. Everyone was stressed and crabby today. Will be interested in how people were at DD's job.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Shopped more for Thanksgiving. These deals are great and the circular + sale is better yet.
    I can tell the sales for Thanksgiving are on. Everyone was stressed and crabby today. Will be interested in how people were at DD's job.
    Let me tell you how they are here. They're idiots. From the ones on the phone to the ones who come in. 75% of them. Makes you want to reach out and touch someone. Hope she has a good day. I like working with public most all the time but today.... yeah... want to reach out and just touch them... HARD
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Amen. Dmom mail ordered her pills 16 days ago so she called as now she is out of HBP meds. They cant order it w/o her permission . WTH she has used that service for years and sent a check w/ an order. If there's an issue call me! She says I need a rush on it. The girls says yes $23. fee. Dmoms like um no, you didnt put the order in and I didnt make it late. holy bleeeep. I mean she out so the gorl goes go to the pharmacy they can do it. Um,no I dobnt drive ,cant get there. Oh well. They dont care. Craptastic cumstomer service honey!!!

Got Hunter. He ate a whole cheeseburger in the car. and glugged water. Wouldnt let him drink from the puddle-meany me. He's demanding me,gotta go. 2 months no excercise!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Raiquee View Post
    I really need to join this challenge again. My house is messy!

What I've done today:
    1 load of dishes, another soaking
    1 load of laundry in wash
    Picked up living room

What I NEED to do today:
    prep dinner
    go decorate a coworkers locker
    run to our banks (after I pick up kids)
    Fax needed documentation to school for flu/tb testing (while decorating coworkers locker)

What I WANT to do today:
    Clean up dining room
    Vacuum first floor
    A bathroom??
    Catch up on dishes
    Fold 3 loads of laundry
    Do my nails
    So I got prep dinner and decorate coworkers locker done. Baby was crying to didn't run to bank. Forgot to fax paperwork but I work tmw so I'll do it then.

Then I got dining room cleaned and first floor vacuumed. Now I'm resting my hurting wrist due to change in the weather.
    Step 2
    Will update this when I have time

Food grown for my family so far: 37lbs 1 oz!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sitting w/ Hunter and he is not doing so great. He is unsteady on his feet and is out of it. Dh went to eat and he barked and barked at him when he came back.. Hopefully tomorrow the poison will clear his system. We agreed DD should wait until tomorrow to see him. Please people use the HW meds so this isnt something your dog has to go through. I would only feel worse if this was my personal negligence. Hope to never meet the original owner.
    Dh is taking over so I can eat and watch Haven. Need to unwind.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2--I am an animal lover too. So sorry you are dealing with this, but glad that Hunter has you looking out for him. Good job on the freezer. Mine has saved me a lot of money.

It is chilly this morning. I am going to clean the house and do laundry. I have a couple of places that I'm going to run the rug shampooer over. That is about it for me today. Have a great day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Its Friday the 13th , my lucky day!! Hope it is for all of you too!!

FW, Is the puppy better this morning? Good job on the freezer, nows a good time with all the sales going on.

Gbug, I sure hope you are having better luck than I am. Mine won't come clean, I'm trying different things now, mabe will have to go with alittle bleach, see if that cleans it up. I even tried the high traffic rug DR 3 times and it won't come up.Are you feeling better? Sometimes these dr. drive me crazy!
    How long have you been on the warifan? I was SO glad to get off mine! Hugs!

SD, Hope you are feeling better today, get some rest!!

Rai, wow thats a list, I don't know how you do it all, and with a baby!

Niko, Sending up prayers, hope you have a good day and customers aren't stupid today!

ILC, hey, you losing any weight? I just gained 2 lbs, again! I am for sure going the wrong way!! I love a yellow bedroom! Feels like sunshine in the morning! I use to have a bright yellow room with a bright orange bedspread, when I lived at home, I just loved it!, Now I have a plumish color.UM, I might just go back to yellow. I also wish my bedroom was that big!, Well maybe not then I would have to clean it.
    I take a break every 20 minutes or so, well sometimes I just have to stop, so I'm not over doing it!

HI to everyone I didn't get.

Well I didn't even get 1/6 of the living room cleaned, I did get 1/2 of the baseboard and carpet cleaned 4 inches out from the wall. 1/2 of the oversized chair done, wow the cat hair on the back was amazing, I should build my own cat!!
    Today am trying fabuloso, the purple bottle,I remember OM saying it works great, plus am going to put in Maybe a tablespoon of bleach, See this is what I get for getting this light carpet! Then everyone here forgot how to run the steam cleaner I have. The kids rug Dr, is weird, the tanks on them are really small, and it runs out or water after a couple swipes. I thought It wasn't picking up but it is. So its going to be a Slow process. I have this color carpet on the front porch too, so its going to be some work, But I guess I have the time, nothing else to do.
    The kids got all of their fish and corals into the new tank last night, it's starting to look really nice, they love their fish tank as much as these cats! Dh was over there breaking apart rock so they could get the corals moved.. moving the crabs and snails were funny too!

Well guess I'll start cleaning, its back in the high 60's again!! Open windows and fresh air!!

Have a wonderful Day!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got up early this morning but I'm just now sitting down to visit. Our friend Alan (my best friend's hubby) came over for his and DH's accountability check-in so before he got here I cleaned the powder room, swept the stairs, foyer, breakfast room, and kitchen, then straightened up the den, then cooked breakfast for us all, visited with him for a while discussing the Presidential candidates, cleaned up after breakfast, and now I hear them coming downstairs.....be back in a few....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, hope the puppy will be okay. We had issues with some of the former owners of some of our dogs, too, namely Susie's, who stopped by one day to tell me how inhumane it was for us to fence our huge back yard so she couldn't 'run free', in the traffic on our busy street and out in the woods like they let her do, where she was nothing but wolf bait. I told him she wasn't his anymore and he didn't need to come back again. Pretty nervy of him, since they also didn't believe in things like spaying, vaccinations, or any kind of vet care since it wasn't 'natural'. Spare me! He's lucky he was talking to me on a public street or he might not have been walking upright by the time he left. What an idiot! He didn't think much of me when he left, not that I cared. He never came back that we knew of.

GB and Pinetree, good luck with the rugs. We gave up on carpets years ago and put in hard floors in the entire house. So much easier.

I do feel less tired today. Sugar let me sleep till four AM, and I've been wearing my wrist brace at night which helps.

ILC, hope you're enjoying your visit with your friend. It could get lively, discussing the presidential candidates!

I got the second coat of paint on the half of the office I'm working on. I thought about sanding the mud but I think it would just make things worse. Not sure what to do about it. Most of it looks okay but some parts are bad.

I've regained six pounds and that's completely unacceptable, so I'm crawling back on the wagon. I have some ground meats of various kinds thawing out so I can make some WW chili for the freezer and some WW lasagna for supper and the freezer. I'm running low on stuff. I packed my bento for the day too, with an empty glass and plate to represent the milk and lasagna I'm having for supper and a notepad and pen to track my points. This is ridiculous. I have every resource I could possibly need to lose weight and still I gain. There's no excuse, so I better get on with losing again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, SD, I'm right there with you on the weight. I've gained a couple of pounds and it's just sheer laziness and gluttony on my part. Eating is such fun, and food is so good! Plus I don't know about you, but when it's chilly outside, I want those "comfort food" items that stick to your ribs and also hips, stomach, thighs.... So I'm taking the pledge too, to do better. I have a dr appointment next month and that's fairly motivating for me.

fw, sure hope Hunter is better today. That way you'll feel better too. Here in the South the vets recommend year-round heartworm meds which we've always done with every dog we've had. Mosquitoes are so bad here and that's a large cause of heartworms in dogs, so our dogs get their Heartgard every month. I've seen the heart of an infected dog and it's absolutely appalling to imagine a dog suffering through that.

Gbug, it's definitely cool here today, and windy, but gorgeous sunny sky. Tonight and tomorrow night the forecast is in the 30s and possibly light frost. Good luck with the rug cleaning. I detest that job.

Niko, Raiquee, and everyone else, hi! Hope you're having a good day.

pinetree, I hope the carpet cleaning goes better for you today. Don't do too much. I worry about you relapsing. Yes, to me there's no better color for walls than yellow, in fact our whole interior has yellow walls. I never get tired of it. But I figure that DS may be back here for at least a year and I want him to feel that his room is to his taste. Since the room is over the garage it has a sloping ceiling and I think I might do the narrow walls a darker shade than the long walls, or maybe darker below the slope and lighter above it. He has black blackout curtains and I think khaki would be pretty with them and his red sofa. Or maybe a gray? I'll get some paint chips and see what he wants.

Last night I had sleeping issues (allergies) so every time I woke up I thought of ways to rearrange our den. I mentioned it to DH this morning and he looked horrified, but if I start doing it by myself he'll end up helping. Still haven't decided exactly how to do it, but I'm tired of the way it is.

For today:

1) Sweep lots of floors and straighten the den DONE
    2) Revise menus (again!) to reflect my resolution to drop a couple of pounds
    3) Change litter boxes
    4) Finish pulling together Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes and make list of what else is needed
    5) Stay up-to-date on Bible study homework
    6) Sweep off porches
    7) Think more about den furniture arrangement
    8) Clean upstairs bathrooms
    9) Put all clean laundry away

Have a fantastic Friday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like cold weather when it comes to food because I love soups of all kinds, and there are so many good ones that don't break the calorie bank. I love comfort foods too but don't eat much bread and pasta any more. I had beans, rice, and cheese for lunch, WW of course. That kind of thing is about as close as I come anymore to comfort foods. I'm tracking today and darn well better be tracking for the foreseeable future. Anything else for myself is just stupid. And there won't be any more cake mixes and frozen pizzas and crap like that brought into the house for quite some time, either. It's slow suicide to let those bad habits creep back in. Luckily we only have a couple on hand. There's no one in this house who needs to eat crap food so why let it in the door? I know better, Husby knows better, time for both of us to get our good habits back again. Rule Of One is back in force! LOL.

I hope I have just lectured myself sufficiently now so it'll stick for at least a few days.

We have one more dose of Heartgard to give our dogs yet this year, and a dose of something our vet uses instead of Frontline, and then Frontline for the cats. Then we'll be done till spring. I'm glad we only have to deal with that stuff for half the year.

Hope you get better sleep tonight, ILC. That's so nice you want to paint your son's room to match his taste. It sounds like a really nice large comfortable space for him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I usually do Sentinel based on the weather the month before. The fleas outside are gone due to the hard freeze and the mosquitos count from the month before. So Dec. was usually my last month. He weighs 23.4# so It will prob. be about $8.? and no prob. I have to HW test Mackey next month so I welcome it. $36. of peace of mind. Yogi just was clear too. I have dogs close by ow so I do Bordatella and Lepto too because of the wildlife increase.

Hunter has gotten much better. He was so poison brained last night. Dh slept w/ him but I would have crated him. He barked and growled-hallucinations I think.
    He drank a lot of water so it is working out of him. He was apologetic and submissive this morning. Someone wasnt always nice to that dog. But his luck has changed I'd say. We can understand if ya feel bad,ya act bad.

Going to do the ravioli tonight I didnt do.
    Going to nap as I stayed up until 4 a.m. worrying over the dog. Well and the wind shoving the house off the foundation!! well not really but wowo. And this morning it was harder. I know it 50 miles an hr. yesterday but was supposedly only at 20mpr. overnight.

IDK where the weight is. I have been pounding sugar and now ate a ton of fruit yesterday to wean off. Tonight is veg night. My version of detox. Water all day.

Dh had a good interveiw today but its 4 months and too far.IMHO. He is panicky and wants to take it. I am ok either way as long as he can still keep an ear out.
    We need to get new pants tonight. Maybe I will just grab 2 sizes. Easier.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The job offer is only for 4 months of work or he wouldn't start for 4 months?
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Short term 4 mo. work not starting in 4 mo. Dont know when the start would be and he just interviewed today,no offer yet

Pinetree-thanks for reminding me it Friday the 13th-my lucky day!!
    Dmom-is already bemoaning the move. Apparently laundry has to be done before 9pm. Not sure why thats an issue. I think she is just looking for something. Wasnt very supportive today. She hasnt even filed the application yet. She is whining about application fees. And security deposits. I just told her if she wants it,she'll pay it. Id not she wont.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I must be really lucky we don't have fleas either!! Boy my cats are really lucky!

Well, the day went south when I picked up the phone and guess who, Yep, My bff, 6-1/2hrs later we are off. DH steamed cleaned the buiseness shop, boy does it look alot better. We are going to try the clorox and see what happens, the worse is I need new carpet, and I do't think thats a bad thing!
    NO, I do not want wood floors, I am scared to death of falling, and spending winters in Wyoming, and freezing my feet off, NO! I hated those floors the rooms were always cold and Mom would never turn the heat up. I figure if I fall the carpet might protect be alitlle hahahaha, now with all the dirt in in it would be like falling in a dirt pile..lol

FW did your DH get a job? Keeping my fingers crossed! Glad the little guy is feeing better!

Gbug, I hope you made if farther than I did!

ILc, you were going to stop worrying right? I told bff, that I have gained and she laughed and said " Good, your're feeling better" Yep, feel better , bring on the food!! I only have until this Wed, to get the weight back off!!!

Niko, Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, so glad you're back!!

Have a good weekend!!