2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 230
Page 230 of 271 FirstFirst ... 130180220227228229230231232233240 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

unseasonably nice here so the dogs have wanted in and out 1/2 dozen times.

Pinetree-bad dream. But I have read that you had it off several times. It needs to be on your night time checklist??
    Tried dmoms Dr. several times and got a busy signal?? Now Dmom says the lady at the office said no he didnt want to talk to me. And Dmom thinks she's going home today and is having a lady from church take her. She told the Dr. I was really busy so she didnt know if I could call him or not.WTH!! Her mouth is in gear but I am concerned about the brain. Sorry frustrated and beyond. She repeated everything she told me yesterday today like it was new. I want her accessed at this point.

Unloaded the DW
    Going to flip the load in a minute.
    Working hard at nothing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Speaking of dreams. I took 2 tylenol PM the other night and I woke up w/ the left arm asleep. I was trying to flex and shake it but I was so groggy. Our romance is done. That stuff is scary to me. Thought it might be a painless heart attack.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ahhh it's noon and here I am having not accomplished anything.

I've been spending my time scheming my homestead plans. I do this a lot. And over and over again. aka- I'm crazy. I think I need to go write stuff down in my homesteading journal on here to calm myself.

Any rate:

Drop off hubbys scripts
    So some laundry
    Figure out dinner

today i'm taking it easy and feeding my crazed homesteading mind because tomorrow I have a buuuusy day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raiquee View Post
    Ahhh it's noon and here I am having not accomplished anything.

I've been spending my time scheming my homestead plans. I do this a lot. And over and over again. aka- I'm crazy. I think I need to go write stuff down in my homesteading journal on here to calm myself.

today i'm taking it easy and feeding my crazed homesteading mind because tomorrow I have a buuuusy day.
    It's not crazy. If it is then I used to be crazy too. Maybe still am.
    1. It's fun
    2. Kind of puts things into perspective and going back to read later to see how your ideas have changed ( or not )

I used to do that when I lived back up in the "hills" ... pre this hubs. Had 17 acres. He wasn't interested.

Now sometimes I sit and think what I'd like to do with what we have and know none of that will ever be affordable but still like to do it.

Back later to catch up on my done and not done. Bored here at work so catching up.

Wish you accomplish all you wish to do.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, we won't move unless we feel like we need closer access to health care. Then we'd probably only move to Hibbing, about seventy miles. We already live in one of the prettiest areas in the country, so we don't feel like we'd gain much as far as the wildlife and landscape if we did move. We're hoping to retire in place and just stay here, but can never say never.

No more nightmares! And watch that oxygen, too. Hope you sleep better tonight.

FW, I can't even make an appointment for Husby due to HIPAA laws! I hope you can get that straightened out. I can see where it would be a worry. I have the opposite problem. My mom thinks I want to hear every word her doc said and repeat it to me weeks, months, and years later, come into the room while she has her appointments, etc, and then argue with me when I remind her what was really said instead of what she wishes was said.

Raiquee, sometimes you have to give yourself a break or you'll burn out. Have fun with the homestead designs! I'm doing some of that today, too. I've been cruising Pinterest and decided I might do a pallet wood mirror frame in the master bath when I get that far. Among other things. It remains to be seen how many times I'll change my mind, though.

I got the mud on the seams in Husby's office, and hung up the print he got from his employer for twenty years of service, in a corner that's done. The mudding went better today with a wider knife. I also sanded the seams before I mudded to help level them a little bit. That seemed to make a difference, too. I'm letting the mud dry a bit even though I don't have to, and then I'll probably cut in the edges. Not looking forward to it since I have to use the ladder now because I'm on the tall end of the vaulted ceiling.

I must be nuts because I e mailed the Lions over in Cook to see if anyone knows how big the top is on that steel L desk they have over there, assuming it wasn't sold. He's okay with the desk we just bought, but I'm thinking twenty years into the future. The current desk is okay but it has its dings and it's already quite old, though sturdy. The one at Cook is much more modern and a nicer style in better condition. Neither of us can decide if we are hoping it'll fit in the office or not. There's a lot to be said for something that's already delivered, installed, cleaned, and partially moved into. Then again, there are more drawers in the Cook desk and I'm pretty sure the top is all on one level, which the current one is not, plus it's so much newer. We're okay either way it goes. We spent $24 on the current desk, plus a trip to Superior, but we had other business that day so we would have made the trip anyway. (Evil Harbor Freight sales! ) The Cook desk is also $24, plus $10 or so in gas, so we still wouldn't have much money in both desks combined and wouldn't feel bad about just donating the current desk to our local GW. I'm very curious what response I'll get, if any, and also curious if they'd let us come get it before the sale next June.

Glad the mudding's done. I've been procrastinating about it. I hate it so bad! I think I have one seam left to do now, the one behind a huge eight foot tall bookcase that has to be disassembled and moved before I can do that wall, which is only six feet wide so it's going to take longer to deal with the bookcase than do the painting. So this is a relief to have it so close to done, even if it's done badly. I've been hoping for thirty years practice would improve my mudding skills but no luck yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Speaking of dreams. I took 2 tylenol PM the other night and I woke up w/ the left arm asleep. I was trying to flex and shake it but I was so groggy. Our romance is done. That stuff is scary to me. Thought it might be a painless heart attack.

DH says it looks good for this job but its 100 miles round trip. He said after the first month he may be able to work from home. Its a contract for 6 months then hire if they like him. Direct hire at his level is rare. He should know in a few days.Less pay,more travel to work but its work.

Got the tan recliner out of the MIL apt. Bought that when Dh had his accident 12 yrs ago. Needs to live on the front porch until Mon. They will take it away free. Wish I could say it freed up space but I am just shifting some other stuff. Bit by Bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-any drywall work scares me. I need to do a lot in Ds's old room but the kittens were in there,now the Hw dog and then Ds so next spring?? yep.

So 4am this morning the bsmt is flooded in front of the washer by the furnace and the HW heater, I thought the HW heater went but we had hot water. Dh thinks its the water purification system under pressure. I swear. Still waiting for the dealer to call back w/ their disaster report. I need a chart here on the S.S.Minnow.

GB-glad that all passed. We get some tornado activity and 1 did touch down 1/4 mile from here but no real damage. That was a few years ago. Still intense w/ all these huge trees.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post

So all on the list for today done except for the (&()* couch. I WILL get a few off of it. Might not be a lot but a little.
    So adding to the list by a little ...

Bathroom trash out
    Trashcan emptied off deck
    Bed stripped/washed/dried and put back on ( in the washer now )
    Maybe one other load washed/dried/ put away
    Couple pots and pans in the sink... wash/dry and put away.
    Well didn't do so hot on this part of my to do. Did get the pots and pans washed/dried/put away but before night there were more dishes in the sink and the dishwasher wasn't unloaded ( still isn't totally ).

The bed was stripped/washed/dried and put back on.

I went to the grocery and also picked up meds which Walmart said one wasn't renewed by my doctor. SMH... she renewed all of them at the same time. So will entail yet ANOTHER trip to WalFart.

*&*)(&& couch was not touched. I gave the girls a bath and held them in a towel while they partially dried as they shake and shake after a bath. By the time they dried and I brushed them out my back was killing me and I was pretty much done for the evening.

So between Wally, putting that crap up and the girls my day was done with me doing not much else the rest of the time.

Tonight I have a huge pkg of chicken in the fridge.. not freezer... that I've already taken out of the freezer so can't put back in that I need to do something with. Should have separated it when I bought it. So either tonight or tomorrow night.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nikosan-cook it all and refreeze some cooked!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Raiquee, hope your schedule gets to where you can get some sleep.

Bernice, your list of ToDos may not be long be getting even a little done is better than getting nothing done.

Gbug, so glad you are okay through the storm! It's headed this way now and is supposed to hit tomorrow sometime, I think maybe in the afternoon. We're being warned that it could be bad.

fw, call the doctor and tell him/her your concerns. Something isn't right with your mom, that's obvious.

SD, when you finish with the offices, you need do make a video of each, area by area, and post them for us to see. You know, a 360 degree view. I'm anxious to see them completed.

pinetree, oh my, I loved your description of Wyoming! It's so obvious you love it deeply. Now I want to go there---always wanted to see Montana since Lonesome Dove was broadcast in 1989 (?) and now Wyoming is on my list too. I've always lived in the South, and I love it, but other places are wonderful too. Aren't we blessed to have such a huge, varied, and glorious country!

So when is your doctor's appointment? I know you changed it to sometime early next month.

For Tuesday:

1) Retired teachers' luncheon 12:30 DONE and FUN
    2) Help DH, as needed, with painting/rehanging shutters
    3) General reset of den
    4) Revise menus since we have a couple more lunch dates this week
    5) Record recent expenditures
    6) Straighten up around my chair--from yesterday

It's really dark and overcast outside and unseasonably warm---bad storms are definitely coming but not forecast till tomorrow. It looks like the bottom is about to fall out any minute, though.

Have a good rest of the day, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've refrozen meats. As long as they've been kept below forty degrees at all times and haven't started to spoil in the fridge, why not? I've never noticed any earth-shattering changes in refrozen meats. A lot of meats you buy at the grocery store have already been frozen, then they're put out in the meat case and you buy them all thawed out, drag them home, and yup, you guessed it, freeze them. If that's okay, then why isn't it okay for me to do the same thing?

I'm not scared of drywall, I just hate doing it. I hate things I'm not good at. It makes me feel too inept.

Raining again here. I didn't get the sewing machine cabinet sanded yet. I was going to do that today instead of doing the office, but clearly that didn't work. Now I'm trying to get caught up on my writing class I haven't had time to look at since it started over a week ago. ~sigh~ I haven't been in my office in days, either, not to work anyway. I cannot wait for my part in the office redo to be over, hopefully by the end of this week. But I hauled out the palm sander since my wrists are too wrecked for hand-sanding, so now that's out maybe I'll be more inspired to use the sander on the sewing cabinet. I really would like to get that done, too, especially now the excess furniture is out of my office so there's room to move the sewing cabinet in. But it's supposed to get pretty cold here, like daytime highs in the low thirties. Guess I better get Minnesota tough quickly this year and acclimate, because I still have lots to do in the garage before winter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, I saw something on Pinterest today, made with letters cut from license plates. I can't find the pic of the license plates, but here's the quote. It really resonated with me.

I realize not everyone can travel for one reason or other, but IMO it's sad when those could don't. It gives a person a whole different perspective to get out of their own little square every now and then. It helps people understand the world views of others whose lives are different than our own. It's a great opportunity for personal growth. I'm not saying everyone should travel around the world or anything, but even getting out of our own areas by traveling a couple hundred miles can be an enlightening experience.

I hope you get to go out west sometime. It's amazing out there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, I agree, throw it back in the freezer or cook and refreeze, it works either way! POor little dogs, I can picyure them shaking, Thats what I do!!!
    !7 ACRES aww, man do you know what we could do with that!!

Rai, well add me to the crazy list! Your getting quite a bit done you just dont see it!

ILC, haha, yep, come on out and we can go horse back riding!! we could go fishing, oh yea, trout about 24 inch long, real trout! Watch those cotton candy clouds float by, and all you can hear is the breeze. My dream and still is, I wanted to own enough land where I could see forever, and I couldn't see my neightbor, yep I love it, I guess its just in my blood. DH has never moved 20 miles from where he was born! Someday. You can drive for miles and never hardly ever see another car. Most good roads are dirt. It sure is a different life, well use to be.

SD have fun in that Mud!!

stay safe everyone!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There's no joy in Mudville tonight. There never is. I didn't get the edges cut in either. But it's occurred to me that once I get the dang room painted which I should be able to do by Thursday afternoon except for that pesky bit behind the big bookcase, baseboards in, stuff hung on the walls, and the double secretary moved in, Husby's on his own. He doesn't want me to touch the crap he wants to save, so he can have at it and I can go back to my own projects. So there's tomorrow's incentive. If I wasn't so lazy I'd do the first coat yet tonight, but I am, so I won't.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Only accomplishment today was working in the hygiene closet at the soup kitchen. It was busy today due to the rain last night. I have such compassion for those people. My heart goes out to them. I know that there are some there that could help themselves and would rob you blind, but for the most part, they are just down on their luck and very thankful for anything that they get. I came home and fixed dinner for DH. Feeling a bit better. Back to the doctor tomorrow.