2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 231
Page 231 of 271 FirstFirst ... 131181221228229230231232233234241 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gb-dear you because I cant do it. I start thinking about germs and diseases,like the over thinker I am. I do donate but i do it from afar. Ironically animals dont make me feel like that.

SD-Dh says traveling w/ me is like traveling w/ a cat. I hate long periods in the car,flying,germy motel rooms and not knowing where I'm going. I just stay here.lol

Dmom is home. Still w/o the meds she needed and they ripped her off at the pharmacy on the other meds $180. . She just stands and lets them. The lady that picked her up was getting the car.

Dh didnt get the job because he was "overqualified". Glad and I shouldnt be.
    Just about to start using the EF.

Dealer never looked at the car. So they lied to Dh 2x when he called. I dreampt it was a corroded battery connection and they wanted $545. I obviously distrust dealerships. I am about ready to tow it to the Bell Tire.

Looking at the floor of the MIL AKA junk room where the chair isn't now. I go to the rescue tomorrow so I hope I can sneak in a mini mop session. (w/ napalm).
    Tired. Better go BBT.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

NIKo-real quick regarding meat I have been taught.
    -pork and chicken cant be refrozen unless you cook it but beef can.
    -fish I would guess cook and refreeze??
    -Of course get the air out of the bag to avoid space waste and freezer burn.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey all,posting early because I have to get a shower then do laundry and head to the rescue.

Talked to Dmom and she has herself all worked up and cant be consoled. It would be so much easier if i could just call her Dr. and get the medicine for her. But she blocks me. She refuses to realize this whole mess is from her just sending a check to the mail order pharmacy and forgetting the slip of what she wanted. Then because she didnt call the Dr. or bother the next door neighbor for a ride. I hope she can get it w/ Kroger and the auto order and delivery program.

Need to find out about the car
    work on this MIL apt today. Such a waste of usable space
    laundry
    dinner-hot dogs we didnt eat yesterday and pork-n-beans?
    vaccumn

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, I'm so sorry about your mom. It's heart-breaking to see our parents becoming so confused about ordinary things. Been there, done that. Those HIPPA laws are frustrating! Do you have her power of attorney? That came in so handy for us before my mom became really sick and unable to make decisions.

DH and I are having an early lunch with two of his aunts, his brother, sister, sister-in-law, nephew, and maybe our DD if she gets up in time. One of the aunts is DH's only living aunt by blood, all the others are aunts by marriage. We're going to a local shrimp place which is good, fast, and reasonably-priced. We've spent way too much this month eating out thanks to our trip but this is a family thing and the aunts aren't young so it's worth it.

For Wednesday:

1) Laundry DONE
    2) Lunch 11:15
    3) Church 6:30
    4) Change litter boxes
    5) Errands: Rescue Mission, Ollie's (depending on weather)
    6) Send out some cards DONE
    7) Reset den

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just got back from the doctor and my eye has improved and he has decreased my meds. Yeah!!!! The only thing I'm going to do today is get the laundry done. The sun is shining,but it is cold. Everyone have a blessed day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-no. Ds(my bro.) is the head of the estate disposal. I dont have a copy of the will and didnt go when this all went down. Dmom goes w/ men when it comes to authority of anything. She goes into these almost panick modes and wont listen to me. She has a bunch of stock phrases like I'm not you.easy for you kid (must be the worlds oldest kid),I have to work from w/in my own head. ANYTHING to avoid change. She wont ask for what she needs. Has this whole dont want to bother anyone crap. It makes everything so much unnecessarily harder and much more chaos and laborious. She sees only problems never oppertunities and I swear likes it this way. Too hard to deal w/. I will end up down there tomorrow no doubt. She is over whelmed by her crap and it all old junk. I told her pack a bag and move. Come back often and take stuff. Part of why she is ill is the mold and rotting wood. The house has no venting as it was built in 1945 or so. When paint peels off walls its wet in between. Her nose runs constantly. If she wasnt my Dmom I would call social services.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I'm still working on decluttering, too. It's literally never-ending. I'm feeling good though because I started to make a list of furniture we've gotten rid of this year. I stopped at thirty pieces, most of them large, and I know there were lots more. It's no wonder this place has been such a dang disaster. Some things we upgraded, but we've still gotten rid of lots more than we replaced, I'd say at least 2:1.

ILC, I wouldn't care how far over budget I was, I'd go for a shrimp lunch any day of the week! I hope you have a great time with the aunties. How nice for all of you.

GB, great news about your eye! It's about time you got some good news. I hope it continues to improve for you.

I just put the Lodge frying pan I salvaged at the dump into a pail of water and hooked up the battery charger. It already started bubbling so it's working. It shouldn't take long to get it cleaned up because it's not at all rusty, just has some crud burned into the bottom. When that's done, I'll do the grill pan I got at Cook for $1. Can't wait to see the change in that one! It's always fun to put rusty, crusty cast iron in a pail of murky water and pull it out later automagically cleaned down to bare metal. Here's the new little treasure. Isn't it cute?

I got the first coat of paint on the next section of the office today. I'm in such a hurry to get that painting done it's unbelievable. I've already mentally moved on to the bathroom project and now it's torture to be stuck in the office. Husby's going in to the hardware store today to pick up our free gallon of paint which we'll use in the bathroom (a nice yellow-orange-ILC's influence. ) and pay for all three gallons on the sale price. I'm so glad they let us take the paint home without paying, because now I'm almost done with the office. Otherwise, it wouldn't even be started yet.

Here's what I painted today. That's a weird trick of the light that the wall on the left looks like it's already been painted. It was actually the same color as the wall in the middle of the pic.

Here's part of what's been done already. Much sorting and purging left to do. Husby is going to be shocked when it finally sinks in how much stuff he's going to have to get rid of. Bargains in this pic include the $24 desk, the $22 file cabinet (left of desk), $3 TV shelf, $5 bulletin board from the fire hall sale that came with a map in it, the $1 desk lamp, and the credenza salvaged from the dump for free.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2--It's hard dealing with aging parents. A year ago, my SIL and brother made my mom leave her apartment and not go back for anything because bedbugs were found. My SIL bought her new clothes and later took a few of her pieces that meant a lot to her and put in storage. We haven't taken anything out yet. It was very hard on my mom, but she has finally adjusted to living with my SIL and brother. We had already sold her home in Texas and moved her years before to Oklahoma. I've already told my kids that they are going to have to move me or the morticians will get me when the time comes. Hang in there.

Good buy, Spirit Deer. Can't wait to see the final results on that cast iron. I love cooking with mine. You are one industrious person. I couldn't even imagine redoing anything myself. DH is an electrician, but that is as far as it goes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need an electrician! The wiring in our LR addition still isn't done. We had a master electrician come and look at it last year and she couldn't figure it out either, and the rough wiring was put in by a different master electrician who went out of business shortly after so it should have been done right. Nobody can make heads or tails out of it. I don't know how we're ever going to get someone to finish it.

I did wire our garage myself though, years ago. It was simple. It's all legal and everything too, because I pulled a permit and had it inspected after I was done. The inspector said he rarely passed homeowner wiring the first time out, but he said he was glad to put his sticker on the breaker box for my work. I was happy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, Hooraaaaay!! Get off those meds!! Feels So good doesn't it! So happy for you, keep going!!!!
    Thank you for helping the people down on their luck, I feel so bad for them, and I try to help from a distance..

Niko, don't work to hard! Keeping you in my prayers, hugs

ILC, Seafood oh yum, now please eat one of everything for me, oh yum, what did you have? I don't know why I am so hungry all the time, its getting bad!! Hope you have fun, I'll be thinking of you, hugs.... Hang on too that weather is still coming toward you!

FW, Don't know what to say, I hope your DMom is Ok. Now I don't know if this is because of your Mom's age, but we have noticed that when someone says something about my heath, I freeze, get confused, and I cannot remember some things at all. I think its our brains shutting down to protect ourselfs. My Dr. this last time said it is because of being overwelmed. Just saying... hugs

well, I was feeling really funky yesterday, at 9pm. I realized I had not taken my pills all day, again! So I had to wait until this morning to take my heart pills, so am feeling beter now... talk about stupid, and I keep doing it!! I even have them sitting in front of me.. Need to solve this..

The wind is blowing 100mph, awww feels like home, loving it! Leaves are fying off to New Mexico and Kansas., so are trash sacks, well anything that can fly is! So all that moisture we got is now going to be all dried up from this wind, thats OK we have another storm coming, this is getting to be a weekly thing, every tues.

Well my new adventure is.. tada... going to dehydrate, cranberries, yep making my own craisins!! I found 12 oz. bags of Ocean spray cranberries for .98, think I'll get 12 bags to start with, last year I got them after Thanksgiving for .49 a bag, Thats what I was canning last year. I will use them for snacks and on my salads, yep always thinking about food! I am starting to get things ready for next week, going to cook the extras I put in the stuffing and freeze it, pies are in the freezer, so I'm ready. DH is ordering the turkey this afternoon, it will come the 25th, and its fresh so I dont need to worry about thawing, plus it isnt injected with brine or anything..It will be smoked again this year.

Today
    make out grocery list
    help DH with a job
    Fold laundry
    straighten out canned food cabinet.

have a safe warm day!
    Last edited by pinetree; 11-18-2015 at 12:47 PM. Reason: spelling,again...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok I never posted my list!!!

Heres what I did:

Got myself a cuppa cause I was out of creamer- and I can't drink my coffee any darker than my own complexion.
    Went to Target- got a deal on diapers. Buy two giant packs at $25, get a $10 giftcard. Did that. Got her formula, cereal, wipes, hubbys coffee creamer and some sweets for mamabear. Spent $110. yikes. But she will have diapers until next year prolly.
    Went to Costco- got dinner tonight (rot. chicken) among other things. Spent about $56 bucks
    Went to Aldis and spent like $77 bucks. There was a yogurt explosion there, and an egg noodle explosion there. Lots of people standing and yacking in the aisles. I just wanna get out!!

Now off to Pig for some good deals, then walgreens to get hubbys script. THEN. cleaning.
    Step 2
    Will update this when I have time

Food grown for my family so far: 37lbs 1 oz!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I chopped up a bunch of veggies for vegetarian tortellini soup in the Crock tonight, so that's cooking away. Then I put away dishes and reloaded. I wish we'd get back into the habit of using our dishwasher correctly, so we didn't have a mess of dishes sitting around all the time. We were doing great for a while.

The wind is roaring here too, Pinetree. I sure wish the tree guy would have come at the first of the month like he said he would.

I've been having fun hauling the 'new' Lodge frying pan out of the yucky disgusting water it's having its spa day in. It needed so little work it's almost done. Normally I'd wait till all the crap just rinses off, but today I'm giving it a helping hand by scrubbing some of it off every now and then with a green scrubber, not much work, but it speeds things up a little bit. The handle won't fit in the bucket but it really doesn't need to be stripped so I'm just going to leave it as is and slap a new coat of seasoning over the old. That pan is in absolutely perfect condition, no nicks, cracks, chips, warping, or anything else wrong with it. I really don't understand why it was thrown away. It looks like someone burned something in it, but it wasn't greasy or anything and looked good enough to donate. Someone like me would have been happy to get it, although I wouldn't have bought another frying pan since I have several and have donated several recently, too. This is what it looks like when a pan that's hardly in need of cleaning gets an electrolysis bath for about four hours. It's a thing of beauty!

I'm hurrying the frying pan along because I can't wait to get the little grill pan into the bath. It'll probably have to relax in there overnight, at least. It's in much worse shape than the frying pan was.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok I'm home and I sure as *$(@* don't wanna clean! Gotta run to get the kiddos in an hour. Might just take a breather and resume once the little chaos bringers come home

Got a rotisserie chicken from Costco for dinner, gonna make some spinach and maybe some taters to go with.

Going to make Delilah's blueberry and spinach baby food. Also green bean baby food.

Need to meal plan for the next week or so.

My peace for today was feeding my chicken babies a few buns that had gotten hard. I fed them in the driveway before unloading groceries, then they thought the groceries were theirs too! One jumped on the trailer hitch! Silly birds. I hope to never live chicken-free again. They are so awesome.
    Step 2
    Will update this when I have time

Food grown for my family so far: 37lbs 1 oz!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rai, I love baby chicks, we had 3, DDad got them free from a store, only 2 lived, but they were cool, we use to take them for walks and they even used the cats litter box, Ah the things you do when your young, I don't think they even give them away anymore, wow that shows my age!!

SD, I love poctures but what the heck are you doing? Is that pulling the crud off the pan? Cast Iron? I don't have any, I can't lift them. I will need a picture when its done!!

OK I told you the winds a blowing here's a utube showing it blowing, its still howing, but is suppose to let up later nad continue in the morning.
    Poor DH is out driving in it, he had to deliver an order, Hope he stays on the road! I-25 and I-80 keep shutting down, its blowing them trucks over!
    Now lets see if I can do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOqZ...ature=youtu.be

whoo hooo think I got it!!
    Last edited by pinetree; 11-18-2015 at 05:32 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wow I cant keep it all straight!!

Pinetree-Dmom is the queen of forgetting things she doesnt like. I finally got her to stop acting like a silly 5 yr. old at the DR. But my personality "likes to get things done w/ no screwing around" because Ddad raised me like a boy. And Dmom drifts and palys around and stalls getting out of the house. It makes me more and more antsy until I love it. Then she pouts. She just doesnt have a sense of time and urgency. The appt. is for a certain time. And she is super deaf.cant retain what she hears and makes her self insane w/ worrying about what ifs. She has kinda always been this way but is the first to tell me the opposite. It is hard. I know i sound harsh but if i didnt care-life would be easier.
    She talked to my Dbro and hes like get a paper and pencil. !.calm down. 2.call Dr
    and so she does. I could say make a list and she says it wont do any good!!
    Thank goodness she got the meds from the mail,the other from the pharmacy the Dr. called over and the lady ran her over. She of course got 2 Wed. dates available and thats the only rescue day. I told her I'm out for that because its the only thing I do for me.

Dh got a postion for 4-6 months at a great rate but no benefits and its 100 miles away. Not good for winter. I am 50% thrilled. ITs for U of M healthcare system. I am seeing if we can eat out on the check Dmom gave me a bit ago for our anniversary. I keep forgetting it. Kinda of ironic he wont get healthcare working at U of M healthcare system. Why cant he just find a real position.

Real close to taking that HW beagle home today. He is so low key and nice. Very lonesome. I snuck in the laundry room 3x today. He just wants anyone to say something nice to him. So I told him so was a great dog. His name is Roscoe. (Like Dukes of Hazzard??)
    Got a cat that has been there for a year a permanant foster home. She s huge and was passed by. So nice.

SD-so interested in this electrocution of cast iron. please share the new look. I have a dutch oven that needs revamping.

BBL gotta take Hunter.