2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 233
Page 233 of 271 FirstFirst ... 133183223230231232233234235236243 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-thats how i feel about DH's "office" which is actually is the bsmt. We fight about him blocking the sewer valve? where you snake if there is a back up. Not the main floor drain. Anyway I have offered him the dining area and he refuses. I even offered to wall off the area.
    The trouble is we are both clutterbugs in our own way.

DD is off tomorrow so we will either transfer title and such or go repair the spark plug not running on all cylinders mess. Better call it.

Oh too funny. The lines were fixed on the water softener and the other split. I had mentioned replace it all because of the back pressure. So a 8" piece between the salt softener and the water softener tank is now new also. Cost $2. Thanks to the powers that be. Repair part of repair,replace,recycle is on overload lately.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I meant I have offered the family room not dining room.

Up early w/ dogs so I threw a wash in the dryer. And let them out
    Laughing to myself about how DH is w/ DD and how Ddad was w/ me. My Dad registered in his mind and actions that I was an adult at 50 yrs. old. DD is mad that he took the car and handled the repairs and decisions about repairs on her car w/o her. He looked so shocked when I explained. He feels guilty because the prob. had been there missed by 2 check overs. But i tried to say if she bought it from a stranger she couldnt take it back.As is/Where is. DD and I worked out that
    she will pay for part of it over time. I want to pay for it too but she should have the option of being treated like 25 y.o. woman.

Working on all the stuff I didnt get to today. Got to get Dh to try pants on
    Kmart return?
    Alids produce
    more laundry 1-2 loads/put away lights
    Get the oak bookcase in
    Clear the spot for the new bookcase
    make appt for the last 2 cats to get shots
    Get dog food at Pet supplies plus and maybe litter/new collar for Mikey?
    if I accomplish 4 I will be Happy. Thanksgiving is barreling down on us.

BBL-everyone have a good day as we prep for winter,Thanksgiving and the end of the year!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD- I went on one ocean cruise years ago and I didn't really care for it. There were just too many people for my taste. And most of them were very young - as in get drunk and party all night young.
    My brother and I have booked a river cruise for next July. We'll cruise down the Rhine river from Amsterdam to Basel, Switzerland. Most of the cruise is in Germany, with one brief stop in France. There are less than 200 people on the ship and most of them are my age (61) or older.
    It isn't exactly frugal, but we're worth it!
    A friend of mine (who travels all the time) said it's the best trip she's ever taken and has already booked another one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wjcalderone, I've read about those river cruises and they look so relaxing and so elegant! The only cruise I've ever taken was years and years ago with about 100 singles from my church and another church on a not-so-very-elegant cruise ship. It was pretty much a cut-rate deal but it was still fun.

SD, did you Kilz the wallpaper before painting? That stuff covers everything, even the ugliest paneling ever created.

fw, way to go on the water repairs! I laughed when I read that your dad finally recognized you as an adult when you were 50. Daddy used to introduce me (I was married, a mom, and in my late 30s) as "my baby." I sure miss him.

Gbug, how are you today? Better, I hope.

pinetree, are you resting? You should be! You've made such good progress lately, so you deserve to rest and relax.

Everyone else, hi, here's hoping you are well and having a good day.

Most of my list today will be from yesterday. How I stay busy but accomplish so little is just baffling to me....

For Friday:

1) Finish Christmas shoeboxes and deliver them to church
    2) Library
    3) Vacuum/mop
    4) Change litter boxes
    5) Wash downstairs throw rugs

Have a productive Friday, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, hope you are doing well today

FW, Man, there is always so much going on at your house! Hope you get the car fixed. Congratulations on DH getting a job, hope this one stays for awhile!

ILC, yep, kinda resting, kinda up running around, for some reason, I am hyper and get upset easily, think my pills are off? At least I'm not having nightmares! My DDad would introduce me as "crybaby" That was my nickname, I can cry over nothing and can really cry over something big.
    How are you doing?

Niko, sending up prayers.

Rai, you OK?

Sd, yep, try the primer underneath, it doesnt cost like paint does , its alot cheaper. I used it in the rental to cover wallpaper and only needed one coat. I know you are working with that hardboard wallpaper, it should work good on it too. Might need two coats if it doesn't soak in well. Its a real time saver too!

Missing all the rest of you, RABBIT, Jen, Nomad, Ayanka. OM, Zhoen.....

Today
    vacuum
    finish off the cranberries
    clean bathroon
    make sure Thanksgiving dinner is all ready and I have everything

Got all 12 pks, of cranberries drying plus threw in some apples for DH to snack on, instead of the sugar he's been after. Might buy more of both, apples are .48 a lb. thats not bad.
    DH spent all afternoon with msn trying to get my computer fixed, well they solved one problem but now I have 2 different ones, so.. back to msn today.. I get so tired of this, right now I really dont like fighting them.
    Bank called yesterday, hahahaha, he sees the mistake, but doesnt know what happened, what? the money from escrow wasn't put in the right account, or went to someones pocket! I dont care where his money is, I want mine back!! He'll call us when he finds out where it went, yea right!! Bunch of crap...
    See started off in a great mood again today!!
    I'm going to e-mail my New DR. and see what he says, aww, I think I need another pill!
    Hang on up North looks like you guys might get the storm this time!

Off to check the cranberries

Have a wonderful day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I used to hate it that we didn't have a basement, but I've come to appreciate that fact. For us a basement is just a huge junk storage unit. I'm afraid to think what mountains of crap we'd have to deal with if we had another 3,000 square feet underneath what we already have. We'd never get this place cleaned up. But having it all on one floor and all living space, it's a big incentive to make it all look nice and make everything fit. It's a perfect example of that saying about not getting what you want, but getting what you need.

Jean, the river cruise does sound fun. We absolutely hate flying though, so that probably will never happen unless there's one in the US or Canada that sounds good. We have friends who do a Caribbean cruise every year and rave about it, but nothing they've mentioned doing on the cruise has really piqued our interest. We hate stuff like formal dinners and probably wouldn't pay for the expensive cabins with the ocean view, so maybe it's a dumb idea all the way around. For us, I mean. Most of what they've talked about doing, we could do much cheaper at a nice hotel. We're actually more likely to drive to Seattle or Vancouver and take the ferry up to Alaska with our camper. Still looking into that. I think you can camp on the ferry but have to use a tent, because you're not allowed access to your car during the ferry ride. Therefore, I can never say never about tent camping ever again. LOL. It could be an interesting adventure and honestly, it sounds much more fun than a conventional cruise. We've also talked about doing a sail and rail tour to Alaska. We can't do anything till Husby retires, so we have time to think about it. We want to take a bus tour from Boston to DC, too, since we don't want to drive in DC. We're of the opinion every American should spend a little time at the historical places in DC, so I hope we get the chance to go.

ILC, I can't use KILZ, even outside, even the latex version, unless I want another fun-filled all expense paid tour of the local ER. But I'll probably try just a regular primer. I have some on hand so I can see if it works before I buy any. I hope it does. It would speed things up a lot and be cheaper than having to buy a lot more paint.

Got the painting done in the office and managed to break the trouble light in the process. I was using it since the tall bookcase was between the wall and the ceiling light in there. The trouble light was on top the bookcase and I was painting on my knees down by the floor. I think I snagged the extension cord with my foot and pulled the light off the front of the bookcase. Oh, well. Nothing shattered, which was lucky, so no real harm done, just need a new bulb. I had a lot of problems with that section, especially with the second light which gets very, very hot. It dried the paint practically as soon as it hit the wall. Good thing most of it will be behind the bookcase. Can't wait to get that back in place.

I've concluded we have to pretty much empty the back bedroom, which is currently stacked to the ceiling with office stuff, to get out the two pieces of furniture that are moving to the office. And they have to be moved before the stuff is sorted, because Husby will need the space to put stuff away as it gets sorted. So it'll be an exciting weekend of moving furniture and piles of useless crap. He's volunteered to do it all and I'm going to let him, so I'll probably hide in my office all day tomorrow. Good thing I installed the new 'bathroom'. LOL.

I went out to get a few nails from the garage to repair a drawer and ended up sanding the sewing machine cabinet and removing the wooden top and drawers from the metal base and bringing the top in to be painted. Can't wait to get started. Lots of little repairs to do first though. Lots of gluing of veneer and loose joints. But finally it's in here and ready to be worked on. I'm hoping it won't take long to get it all done. I want to see what it looks like. The poor thing is so dirty and in bad shape, it's going to be an amazing transformation. I also have to take steel wool to the dirt on the metal base, but my wrists won't let me work on that very long at a time, so it's going to take a while. I have to do that in the garage in the cold, oh, joy. I cannot and never will be able to make sense of any design concept that includes adding fake dirt to something. How is it stylish to make something look uncared-for? Yuck. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

I don't know what I'm going to do today. I have a library book that's almost due and should take some time to finish reading that. Now that the painting's done I just want to relax a little before the onslaught begins for the next nine days while Husby's off work. I might try to clear out some space on the pool table and elsewhere to stack boxes of office crapola, and try to figure out in what order things have to come out of the bedroom and go back in, and how we're going to manage it all. Nothing's ever simple.

Today's good news is the tree guy called this AM and said he was tentatively planning to be here tomorrow morning, and if not then, definitely before Thanksgiving. It'll be a relief to get those trees down. The wind roared through here for the last three days and the whole time we were waiting for those bad trees behind the house to come crashing down on our roof. It's still windy today but not nearly as bad, so it appears we may have been lucky again. We also need to get the HydroBikes under cover for winter and can't really do that till we can unload them on the parking pad, which needs a few trees cut down before we can do that. It's going to be another busy week but at the end of it, things should be looking much better in the house. Husby was planning to chip some of the downed trees and clean up the yard this week, but I can see the whole week is going to have to be devoted to dealing with the office and back bedroom, except for when the tree guy is here and a few hours to see Mom on Thanksgiving. It's going to be soooo worth it though. I'm actually looking forward to the work because of how nice it'll be at the end.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had an early appointment with my therapist to work on my rocks. The only thing that I plan on doing today is going to Kroger to get the bargains when DH gets home from work. My doorknob on my bedroom door broke and my DH drilled it to get it off, so we will have to go get another one tonight, as well. I'm feeling some better, but coming to grips that I'm probably as good as I'm going to be. We are suppose to have our first freeze tomorrow night. I sure hate seeing my beautiful flowers gone. I did bring wood up to the back door in the wheelbarrow today and the firebox is full and ready to go.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-no the first one is 4 months and the second 12 at best.
    No car repair for the plugs because lazy slept in and is now mad because I am headed to Aldis. If she thinks I will bend over backwards w/o any effort on her part..hahahaha! NOPE!

SD-Dh is in a seperate room. Then we have a work room Ds trashed. I hate it that it was so nice w/ paint and shelving units and now.... Just disgusted. And then the main room. I have 2 units of laundry/cleaning product organized. Then the opposite side is toilet paper and paper towels on shelving units. The back has a long white plastic table W/ a dozen uber organized tubs of Christmas. Now DH often shoves things out of his room and I am up his buns about it. I have the old upright which will go when the new one comes and the cube I may get rid of too??? It works but I hate it.
    Under the stairs is Softener salt in tubs and the equipment. Under the porch is a well pump room and the tubs have cat food/dog food and litter organized. Its not a place to use for entertainment but I value having the storage.It not a large ranch bsmt. JUst the main part of the colonial before the added MIL too.
    The washer,dryer and laundry tub are over against the wall to the area w/ windows and 4 litter pans hang in the corner. People tend to stack up laundry in tubs my the furnace and that get me ballistic. Our poor old furnace is limping along and could be a fire hazzard so really not ok w/ me. IDK the only thing that worries me is an unfinished bsmt isnt office space. Cant be good for you. The thing I hate is if the smell is in the bsmt it is funneling thru the vents w/ the furnace running. And yesterday that well water w/ sulphur and iron was everywhere for awhile. Pheww!

Well yes a winter storm for Sun. is the forcast. So fresh from Aldis and I think most everything else is in. Maybe a rush on the dog food? I have 3 big bags.
    Gonna head out. I need to get back for pants try on a thon. I always get frustrated because I have to stand w/ a grown adult. He is just not a guy who cares if his clothes are holed let alone fashionable. Just the fact he interviewed w/ pant 2 sizes too big!

Oh happy news. Reveiwed the medical. I had paid 1 of the bils in Oct and 1 now so the $400. is now $271. I'll take it. Glad I didnt cancel the freezer too. i was close.

GB-try to be patient (my least trait lol). Accept the now and hope for the future for better doing everything you can to improve like nutrition and limited excercise,suppliments. Good luck.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made it to the grocery store and saved 44% on my groceries with a lot of free stuff. I have saved over $1100 using coupons and special sales so far this year. I can't wait to see what the end of the year is going to look like. If you have a Kroger, they have Brut deodorant on sale for $1 and you can get a 75 cent coupon at coupons.com making the cost of the deodorant 25 Cents. I also got a free protein shake in the mail today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gb-cant use brute we are chemically sensitve to lots and of soap/hygiene items.
    Watching Pixels. Not as bad as i thought.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

didn't accomplish much, worn out but pre-planned tomorrow. Going to sort all the Christmas stuff, see if some people can receive things from my old gift closet I had in the town house and return items I bought instead. However, the basement got decimated in terms of organization and finding those Rubbermaid bins is going to be tough. All my stuff was in one neat corner, not any longer since my mom's "crew" has been "helping", ugh.

then plan stockings. DBro was asked numerous times if he will be here with GF Christmas morning. If so, could he take one parent's stocking. And we have to get the two of them stockings and stuff to go in them. But of course, he never ever answers. So I will fill both parents stockings but if he cannot be bothered to answer,I will not be buying stockings and fillers for them. That may be cold but it takes 30 secs to answer a text. last year, he said he would fill DDad's and did nothing so it is best I let this go. I want to get them the monogrammed Lands End stockings everyone else has (bought after Xmas years ago) but they are $30 each now. I'm not putting out $60 and filling those as much as I would like to.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey,

I am going to try to participate more in this challenge. I have 9 days off, and the end result I want to reach is having the living room painted. I also had a pretty bad experience at work, so Im still a bit shaky in case any of my lists seem weird or slowgoing that is why.

1. Tidy up and clean the kitchen.
    2. Go grocery shopping.
    3. Start cleaning the area left of the door when you come in.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ayanka-sorry to hear that. What color will it be.

So sad they promised me 1st snow so I waited until 2 a.m. and then concked out.
    Woke up tp nada. Where's my snow. Going to gas up all the cars today anyway.
    Going to try and go back for more sleep.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lol, its going to be white FW, just to make it look ok for now. The electrician is going to have to put in all new wiring, so not much use put an end layer on, but I don't want to look at the current state of the wall for weeks.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everybody! I NEED to get back to posting, I do much better when I think I'm being held accountable.
    I got up today and worked out, I always have so much more energy when I do that but have been slacking lately so I hope to make this a habit again. Stoked the fire in the woodstove and it has started to snow outside, it feels so nice and cozy in here that I don't think I'm going to leave the house all day.

Saturday
    1 - shampoo living room carpet (done)
    2 - vacuum house and dust
    3 - make chicken dish
    4 - clean kitchen
    5 - move coffee table downstairs
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.