2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 234
Page 234 of 271 FirstFirst ... 134184224231232233234235236237244 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ayanka-ah the joys of a used home! White is a good start. Makes it all looks clean.

Rabbit~!!!-Its snowing and its so pretty~ we only have an inch but its coming down thickand steady. It must have started around 8:30. I will prob. go out maybe not?? I know I want hot choc. w/ whip creme for breakfast.lol Got all the groc. we need.

Here is a picture of George (now Hunter we have a cat George) before we got him at animal control.
    GEORGE--CUTEST BEAGLE EVER! | Adopted Dog | 11660 | Lapeer, MI | Beagle Mix. Hope you can see it. His fur is shinier now and his eyes are brighter!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. The cold front blew in at 5 this morning. It was so strong that it picked up a chair on my porch and broke one of our porch fixtures. Thank goodness it wasn't an expensive one and very common. Today the high school where I use to teach has a volleyball team that is playing for the state title. If you haven't heard, sports are a religion in Texas. Anyway. DH and I are going with some friends this afternoon to see them play. This is the first time since my stroke that I have been in a large crowd except for church. I'm am excited and anxious as a lot of these people are former colleagues and students. I feel pretty good today, but still having the pain in the lower part of the left side of the back of my head. I keep telling myself it is healing. It's cold here, but I don't care. DH is going to help me clean house and rugs tomorrow, so I can go today. Hope everyone gets the snow or anything else they desire today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice, I totally understand. I needlepointed everyone a stocking in my family and was going to do one for my new DIL, but couldn't find and angel pattern in needlepoint, so I decided to order one from Personal Creations. You might also try Amazon. You might find some cheaper. I have been saving my freebies and hitting Dollar General when they mark down stuff nearly giving it away for stockings. My family likes this as much if not more than larger gifts. Good luck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, I hope your team wins! Sports are really important here in Georgia too. I still keep up with a couple of local high schools because I know some kids at them who went to the elementary school where I taught. The cold front you got is making its way here--supposed to be around 31 tonight and very low 50s for the next couple of days. The heat just clicked on but it's really not cold enough yet for it so I need to reset the thermostat. We tend to keep it pretty low and we just put on extra clothes.

Hope you feel all right today and that you have a really fun time at the game.

fw, Hunter is adorable! Oh my goodness, what a doll baby he is----those eyes! About your DD and the car: yep, if she snoozes, she loses. That's what we've always had to tell our kids.

RABBIT, welcome back. I'm like you----need to be accountable to accomplish anything around the house.

SD, since you can't use Kilz could you use BIN or another blocker? Or is it all off-limits?

pinetree, I see that it's cooooooold where you are this morning. I have a friend in Montana and it's 8 degrees there. We have that occasionally but usually we don't get colder than in the 20s with maybe a wind chill in the teens. That's at night; during the day we usually don't get lower than the high 40s, and usually not that low.

Ayanka, white is a good backdrop for practically any decorating plan you have, plus it's clean-looking. I bet you'll be glad to have that done.

Everyone else, hope you're having a good day.

Yesterday I got involved with helping DH fix a toilet in the kids' bathroom. It's still not completely fixed but at least he's cheerful today about what's left to do. Last night he was a growly bear and I was so glad when he finally declared he was through for the night. We ended up watching The Hunger Games on TV and to our surprise, we enjoyed it. I've heard the books are good so I plan to look for them at the library (didn't go yesterday due to the toilet-fixing situation).

For Saturday:

1) Vacuum downstairs (again) and mop -- from yesterday
    2) Help DH with toilet/anything else he decides to work on
    3) Feed backyard birds
    4) Clean bathrooms
    5) Unpack/wash my mom's china to use for Thanksgiving

Have a wonderful Saturday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB, have fun at the game! It'll be good for you to get out again, I think, and do something fun.

FW, what a sweetie! It's going to be so great when he's all cured and can join the rest of the family and play with his new pack. I can see why you couldn't resist him.

Hey, Rabbit! We've missed you! Sounds like things are going well for you.

ILC, don't know about BIN. I'm so gun-shy after what happened with the KILZ, twice, I'm afraid to try anything similar. I had the same reaction when I stained the cabin. My face swelled up just huge. One of our dogs had the same reaction. I have to be careful with chemicals. Luckily I do fine with most water-based stuff, but not the KILZ. Hope you get the toilet fixed today. There's a lot of satisfaction when you can DIY something and have it work out.

It's cold and cloudy here with snow showers. The tree guy is here. He's been here several hours. Husby said watching him has been an education, with the slingshot and ropes and pulleys and all so the guy can get the trees to fall where he wants. That's good since some of the trees are sixty feet tall and less than ten feet from the house. It's going to be so great to have those down on the ground.

I got the pool table cleared off so Husby can stack crapola on it.

I found out the sewing cabinet was in worse shape than I thought. I used up every suitable clamp I own, about a dozen or so, gluing various places. I think I have it all put back together now except the little tip-out, which I don't want to glue till it's painted anyway. The cabinet is sitting on the pool table drying. Husby's out with the tree guy now so he's not going to be stacking stuff for a while, so that's working out nicely. I might move some stuff myself later, so I can get at the double secretary to start clearing that out.

Then I cleaned all the small pieces for Grandma's cabinet and the sewing cabinet. Some of the dirt on the sewing cabinet was so thick it looked like paint. I made lots of mud cleaning that all up! I have to wonder where that was stored and for how many years, because that mess didn't happen overnight. I did the repairs on Grandma's cabinet, and then painted all the small pieces from both things. I can't wait to start doing the real painting on the sewing cabinet. I'm going to put on a dark green and then crackle lighter green paint over it. I hope it turns out. If it does I think it's going to be so cute.

I moved the vanity around in the LR so Husby can stack crapola in here, too. Is this room ever going to not be a warehouse? But it's been much better lately, since we've been dumping so much furniture all year.

I moved all the painting stuff out of the office and Husby took the ladder back to the garage, so that's progress in there. I also cleaned the painting stuff and used newspapers off the pool table and sorted the paints that go to the cabin for storage.

I washed a load of rugs since Jack decided it was a good idea to spray the canvas bag I had sitting by the door with pop in it, waiting to go out to the cabin. He messed all over the rug, too. Stupid cat. I don't know what his problem is but he's messing all over lately. At least I saw him do it this time so I could clean up right away. I think we'll have to have him tested for a UTI or some other problem. He's obnoxious but he's been pretty bad lately so maybe there's a reason other than his bad attitude. We're so looking forward to not having cats anymore. Not that we're willing to get rid of them, but it'll be nice not to replace them.

Chester was sitting on my lap last night and suddenly went on alert and dashed over to the cat chair in the front window. So we shined a light out there to see what had come to visit us. It was the cutest little flying squirrel. I'm glad the bears finally went to sleep so we can leave the feeders out at night again. I hate not being able to feed the night critters.

I set out a large box of mat board to donate, but then decided to try cutting it with a paper cutter, since I can't get a nice clean cut with the cheesy mat cutter I have. It works great, so I'm keeping the mat board. I'll be able to piece mats to frame the x-stitch stuff that's waiting to be framed, and it'll save us a bundle over buying mats. I got all the mat board free from a friend who owns an art gallery in town and does custom framing. Glad I thought about it. It should work out well since I can get nice straight cuts with the paper cutter.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-his eyes are very expressive tools for him. You can see a thought storm coming brfore the hackles come up just before the growl or he can direct you silently to get up and take him out (or for a potato chip lol). I just thought after all the drama you would like to see him. And seeing the rescue had a picture up still. He is starting to come back and wants SO badly to play w/ the other dogs. Of all surprises Yogi and him are looking to be friends?? He is very rude about sniffing so Mackey could do w/o him.lol

We have gotten 4" of the predicted 6 and there is no sign of stopping. Dh is driving Dd. I feel she needs more parctice and people need to get back to winter driving skills being Sat. also. Dh said its bad out when he was out shoveling.

LOL!! DD wakes up and is all upset about the snow. She apparently has no boots and her winter coat doesnt fit. She's like what am I going to do?? I'm like plan better? She has lived here 25 yrs. Every Nov. involves snowing usually before this. Beisdes I havent had boots for 3 yrs. Boo to the Hoo.

Made cheeseburgers for lunch w/ my clearance 4% fat burger,marked down .59 sesame buns,sale 3/$5. cheese and .59/3# onions. I opened a mega can of Aldis maple beans and use 25%/$1.39. We had sale cokes. Frugal lunch is a warm house=satisfaction. Been watching the NYer shows. Such a diff. slice of life its fascinating.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gb-knew that about football but not so much other sports. My Dcousin lived in Texas for awhile but I dont know where. It was almost like a runaway situation where she divorced her abusive Dh and went w/ a GF.

Where is that Pinetree. I want to show her Doggie-Hunter!
    Wow I just looked out and it is really coming down.!!! Almost a white out.
    Jingle bells
    jingle bells
    sliding all the way. Oh what fun it is to skid
    to DD's work today!!
    She works until 8:30,should be so much worse by then.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-thanks. He is so much more obnoxiously cute in this red plaid white fleece lined coat too!!
    I cracked up at the pool table comment.
    I get up this morning and DD has crammed all the produce that was on the stove from yesterdays shop onto the card table. It was there because she took over my bottom crisper w/ wine and work snacks. The fact that this happens at night t's me off more. Pilers all of us but if you move someones junk-put it back!! lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ilc - I like the Hunger Games too. Read the books and now am watching the movies as they come out at Redbox.

SD - missed hearing of all your projects! We still haven't started our entertainment center project but plan on doing it this winter.

fw - did you get a fourth dog??!! Welcome to my world.

Got everything done on my list expect cleaning the kitchen, will do that after I make the pasta for dinner.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't remember now what the entertainment center project was. Something about black paint in a specialty finish of some kind? Probably way off on that one.

The tree guy left. I think he's done. Don't know yet if Husby paid him or what. He was here working non-stop with no breaks for at least six and a half hours. It's worth whatever it costs to get all those dangerous trees down on the ground. It sure looks different back behind the house now! Oh, wait, I guess he's not done yet. He has to cut a bunch behind the cabin, too. Husby was in earlier and said the guy would probably come back Monday afternoon, which works out nicely because we can get my bike off the utility trailer tomorrow and then load up the snowblower to take to the shop Monday morning. Gonna be an expensive week around here.

I was thinking about buying $50 worth of glass knobs for Grandma's cabinet, but then remembered we have some cute square wooden ones, NIP, out in the garage somewhere. And I have some pretty forest green paint. I think those will look great on the cabinet, and they even come in two or three sizes which might work to my advantage. So there, I saved us $50 today just by remembering something I haven't even seen in years.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-complicated I guess. I got a dog off a site because the woman couldnt keep it because it was growling at the 10 month old. She had given it no vet care after keeping it 10 days.So shots unknown as he was a stray,fleas but no parasites internally except the HW. So I test it and HW positve. Dd wanted it and I said ok if she moved in w/ BF which was supposed to happen months ago. Now they broke up.
    We are in the last 3 weeks of the treatement bcause we did the new protocol of 1 month Doxycyline then 1 Hw treatment a months quiet,2nd treatment,next day 3rd treatment and another month quiet to avoid embolisms are the Hw's die.
    But he has an attitude that makes me think no kids around him at all. He is still full of meds so to be fair reserving full judgement. So at the moment yes 4. He is still unlicensed w/o shots or neuter. Waiting for the go on that w/ the vet. Hoping not to get hassled. I have vet proof but I dont want to argue. This has been stressful but he is a cute little thing. If the right person came along.. I worry about him going out w/ my herd anyway. I figure worst thing I could always take him to the rescue. He would have so many apps. so fast. He seems fearless but has issues about being hugged. He feels captured.I cant wait until he can play a bit w/ the others. Should be almost Jan.! Too bad I couldnt win the lottery and have propery I would take in dozens while they convalessed (sp).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw - well thank you for helping him. I have a feeling he's going to stay. He's very cute! (and Beagles are adorable)

SD - you got it right! We are going to cut the top part off of the entertainment center and just use the bottom for a tv console and paint it black. I like the cabinets and shelves on the bottom part, I just don't like/need the shelves on the top part or the tv cabinet.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bet you'll love it and it'll turn out great! It would be fun to see before and after pics, if possible. I love stuff like that! As you know. I love a good furniture surgery!

I don't know why I'm so cold today. We can't use our gas fireplace this year because we're afraid Sugar would fall against it and get burned, so it's pretty cool in here, but still.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-wish I could lend you the play yard I got for Christmas tree and gifts. That would keep her off??

So nice I send Ds a picture of the dog and he was walking the last bit down a mt. (8km) w/ Gf and her dog. She has a sandy colored Doxie. So he send me a picture and I remind him his dad loves doxies. So he send me an in progress video of her dog walking along w/ them. So neat. Well, i said thanks and bowed out sayin' I didnt want to interrupt their date and to say hi. I asked him to call us. Beats me if he will. Another reason to get a phone. He would love to show her Mackey.

So our little snow storm would be an all out blizzard now. A delivery truck got stuck at the end of our street. I worried when DH got Dd from work. he has used the snow blower 2x. We are way past the 6" forcasted. I am guessing 8-9" total.
    I stopped after about 12 hrs.? We have to go out tomorrow. Hopefully We can get out easily.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good Morning Everyone!!!!

So I still have several pages to catch up on and my comments are a little disjointed due to being so far behind but I'll have to finish catching up later so I can get started on my day. The past two weeks are like a big blur but as of yesterday I am officially on vacation for the week. I spent yesterday hitting the groceries for last weeks sales and to start prepping for Thanksgiving. My brother is due in sometime today with his family and my husband heads out in the morning for his family gathering this week.

FW – Sorry for the drama you are dealing with, with your daughter. Sometimes their drama is harder to deal with than our own because we can’t make the choices for them. Hoping your DH gets an offer from one of his interviews.

SD /ILC– I struggle with loseing weight AND not regaining it once I finally get it off as well. I know how much better I feel with what I took off a few years back though, even though I never got off everything I should have, so that is why I make the excersize routine a priority. Every time I slack off at all it starts to come back and I SO DON’T want to go back to how I use to feel

SD. ….sounds like your doing wonderful with pitching.

GB – The disability process is a pain but I guess there are a lot of people that do attempt to defraud them. When DH’s lawyer told him to start the process they told him it would take at minimum a year and probably longer so I’m surprised with the 5 months they told you. I hope it finishes up fast for you though.

Pinetree – Ugh, so much for being a nice person and trying to help your renter. Hope you find a replacement quickly. Glad your blizzard turned out to be a dud. 

ILC – Hope you got the den done without too much horror on your DH’s part. My DH has a panic attack every time I mention rearranging something and then he tends to disappear. It’s not that he cares what order it’s in …..just that he might have to help LOL. ….and I am so with you about the upright freezer. It’s one of the few extra appliances on my wish list. Generally I’m a less is more kind of appliance/gadget girl but an upright freezer has always been on my list …. Just not sure where I’d put it.

Niko – “Let me tell you how they are here. They're idiots. From the ones on the phone to the ones who come in. 75% of them. Makes you want to reach out and touch someone. Hope she has a good day. I like working with public most all the time but today.... yeah... want to reach out and just touch them... HARD”
    ROFLOL …I sooooo get that! …..and your furbabies are so cute!

Raiq – WELOCME!!!

and for anyone I missed HUGS and WTG you all are kicking it along!

For today:
    ~ Hit the gym (I've missed more workouts than I care to admit over the last couple of weeks)
    ~ Get DH packed
    ~ Go to the last grocercy store on the list
    ~ Start baking (Not sure if this means one type of cookies get done or I go into a baking frenzy. It would be completly acceptable for the baking frenzy to occur as there will be multiple teenagers around all week to eat up the goods and I won't be consuming them as is what generally happens when I'm left alone with cookies for long periods of time. )
    ~ Do a quick general straighten of the house
    ~ pull the Christmas boxes down from the attic (so that I get them down before DH leaves)
    ~ figure out what to make for dinner AND get it cooked.
    ~ check back in here later and finish catching up.