2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 235
Page 235 of 271 FirstFirst ... 135185225232233234235236237238245 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm here, I'm here! And alive! Just working a bajillion days in a row (ok 6...and i'm on day 4.) The inlaws are at my house this weekend and it's stressing me out. You better believe me the house was spotless Thursday night tho. My FIL keeps telling me to buy a dishwasher this week cause of black friday deals. I KNOW! Maybe he'll just buy me one. lol.

Delilah had me up at 4 am this morning. Peed through her sleeper. So I had to change her. She's sleeping in her pack n play in my room as the inlaws are in hers. Sooooo no clothes cause it's all in her room! Snuggled little nakid baby under my covers until I had to put her back in the pack n play and leave for work. Shes starting to get mobile. No crawling, but rolling lol.

I'm not sure if inlaws will be staying another night or not...if so:

Make dinner (if no- leftovers)
    Switch loads of laundry
    Put away two loads of laundry

Yup!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Nomad, I had wondered where you were.

Raiquee, hope the company leaves soon so you can relax.

RABBIT, congratulations on a clean kitchen. I degreased my stove top last night and so now maybe I won't have a grease fire on it.

SD, I love glass knobs but for a savings of $50, I would definitely use the wooden ones.

Bernice, hope your DBro steps up to the plate and gives you some help.

fw, how much snow do you have now? A cold front has come in but it's just cold, nothing else. I doubt that there's been snow in Georgia in November in the entire history of the world.

pinetree?????? Are you all right?

Gbug, Ayanka, Niko, everybody else, hi!

My To Do list for Sunday:

1) Catch up on everything from the last few days
    2) Go with DH to get a new phone (he washed his with some jeans!)
    3) Deliver shoeboxes

And that's it! Stay warm and have a great day, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-looks like we ended at 11" plus drifting. the deck is hilarious. The little dog plowed through. He is feeling better and does that dancey thing Doxies do. Better sassy than sad.

TRN-he has an offer for 4-6 months he starts Nov. 30th. No benefits/too far esp. in this weather but he can work from home some so that will soften things. Seems like contracts will be our new deal.

Holy you know what! Got the new COBRA amt for 2016- $1741.57 a month so thats $1673. more a year rounded up. or $140. more a month. So ,so so certainly glad we are debt free. Glad I switched back to cooking most meals at home. DD's rent is most likely going to have to go up a tiny bit. Got some places I can cut i guess.

Happy Sun. to all. Dh is out finding the cars. DD is supposed to go out w/ a new guy. This is the blacksmith from the Renaissance Festival. He is 6'2" and a bit of a mna mountain from what I can see. I guess he does iron work for a living on nuclear reactors and tons of high places. They have a family farm. His senior picture has him holdong a goat. So this is a farm boy. Every days a new one?
    Need to get moving on something.
    Talked to Dmom today and she sounded more "normal". They hardly got any snow near her.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Here with two windows open... one to catch up and one to list.

The oldest daughter will be here late late Wednesday night. Thought I'd have today and Monday all day both days but ex daughter in law will be here about 9 or 10 Monday morning and will probably be here most of the day/evening. Sigh... and I haven't even went to the store for Thanksgiving. We're going to his nieces Thursday but I always make some stuff here for quickies and side dishes type stuff. She wants tacos, REAL mashed potatoes, pigs in blanket, cheeseball and crackers. Go figure

(&)((* couch is still semi piled and yes... that's my fault.. or OUR fault .. but of course it's me. There's no where else for her to sleep so ... I love the fact that ex DIL is coming Monday but ... man I really needed that day.

To start ...

Already put some off couch away... do more
    One load to start with in washer/dried/put away
    Dishwasher unloaded and reloaded.

Counter was looking good and it's back to ^&(*)_ ... do what I can there
    Bath trash out/new bag in it
    Porch trash out/new bag in it
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, Thank you, you always make me smile, I LOVE your couch!! And bet ya a hundred bucks your DD doesnt care either, just throw them in a box, and really enjoy your visit!! Sending up prayers, Maybe I'll throw one in for that couch! lol

FW Thank you so very much for the picture of the puppy!! I want him!! He's so cute, and those eye balls, man you have a real lover there.. He'll be OK when he gets all those meds out of him, he's not a biter either, look at that smile!!
    You should be a song writer, love the lyrics to that nice song you were singing! lol
    And YES, for farm boys, at least they know how to treat her and should have manners!

Ayanka, 9 days ,wow thats almost a vacation! White is what I had here, then got brave a got a real light ocean blue, I love it its calming, Dont be afraid to try colors, you can always change it! Hope work straightens up, you OK?

Gbug, I hate my flowwers dying to, thats why most of them got brought into the house!! They are on enclosed front, heated porch, and they do look beautiful! Anyway I know the feeling! Hope you had fun at the game and you are feeling better!

RABBIT, Oh dear RABBIT, I have missed you SO much!! I think about you and the bunny everyday!! I am sure glad to see you,, I'm in tears, writing this...you are going to have to check in more..I use you to keep me going on the exercise and keeping the salt down,, Glad to see you back!!How are you doing?

SD, I have glass knobs in the bath on all the cabinet doors, let me see, theres 16, I took mine all off, was going to throw them away, they were covered in paint, then the paint chipped off one, They are beautiful, so I took the time and cleaned them up and put them back on, they have to be really old, well my house is over 100 yrs old now.
    Bet youre glad to have the trees out, I really hate cutting them down tho. kinda makes me sad. I can't keep up with you!

Rai, Thank you for the memories of taking a naked baby to bed with you,, man Its been years and a person forgets those special moments, keep that one in your heart.
    Don't worry so much about those inlaws, they are there to see you and the kids, and I hope they buy you a dishwasher, it will make them feel good. Be thankful you have them.

Nomad, Dont work so hard!! lol The renter came over the other day and said they wouldnt be home for a few days, he had to have stints put in , so they would be at the hospital, and they arent moving out, they just wouldnt be home,, Anyone want to start placing bets?

ILC, It was 7* the other morning and snowing like crazy, everything was still warm so it melted, then snowed more to we have a slick sidewalk and driveway, but the roads melted off pretty fasy, We were Not suppose to get this, lol You can keep this stuff now, I really dont want it right now..

OK heres the deal, I had a reaction to the new antidepressents, I started 3 weeks ago. I'm only on 7mg, but they have screwed me up to bad, We had to call the emergency nurse last night to find out what to do, I could not stop, I was running around like I was on Speed, cleaning, cooking, so weak I could hardly walk but I just had to do it, I took a trangulizer (sp) the night before to slow down and had to take another last night,, I couldn't get my heart rate down, we looked up side effects on the computer and I have everyone of them!! So they took me off and the DR will call me first thing Monday morning. Scared the beejeebers out of me, at times I thought I was having another attack, my heart was racing, i couldnt catch my breath, and I am the biggest _itch right now! I get mad at everything, can't wait, or I cry, I am just not me, so if theis sounds weird, well, thats the way it is right now,,,ooohhh, sorry......

I have dried 12 pkgs cranberries
    15 pounds of apples
    and I'm already for the big dinner except make a jello salad, the green one with cottage cheese and walnut.
    DIL had a good birthday, she bought her own cake, a carrot one with cream cheese frosting and I can say, it is really good! She didnt want me trying to make it, so I'll make her one after Christmas, she wanted the lemon poppy seed. Bless her heart.
    I am feeling really blessed right now, this crap could have been the end of me again, and I had no idea, Guess I need to watch the side effect closer.

Today
    try not to yell at anyone
    stay sitting for awhile
    read the paper

Have a wonderful day, and don't forget to be grateful!!
    Last edited by pinetree; 11-22-2015 at 02:27 PM. Reason: stupis spelling
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2015 To-Do Challenge-img_1049.jpg2015 To-Do Challenge-img_1046.jpg

These are a couple of pictures I took outside this morning when I took the dogs out. It sure is pretty but a little too early for me!

pinetree - I missed you too!! I was very sorry to read that you are having such problems with your medications. That is so scary. I hope your feeling more like yourself today and hopefully the doctor will have a med that will be more agreeable with you. I am hoping to be around more again, I really need this thread for a lot of reasons.

I have been trying to keep Sunday a day for rest so no list for me today but I'm going to post my list for tomorrow.

Monday
    1 - menu plan, grocery list, grocery shop
    2 - clean DH's bathroom
    3 - clean closet mirrors
    4 - make salad
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Niko, Thank you, you always make me smile, I LOVE your couch!! And bet ya a hundred bucks your DD doesnt care either, just throw them in a box, and really enjoy your visit!! Sending up prayers, Maybe I'll throw one in for that couch! lol
    Ah... thank you but you wouldn't love the couch. and it would take a washer or dryer box to hold the *^(*() clothes on it. Everyone is just so tired thru the week and the kid works 12 hour midnights with the 2 on 2 off etc so she's always tired so... eh.. we just live with it mostly except this one time of year. It's out of sight of the living room etc so.....
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post
    To start ...

Already put some off couch away... do more
    One load to start with in washer/dried/put away
    Dishwasher unloaded and reloaded.

Counter was looking good and it's back to ^&(*)_ ... do what I can there
    Bath trash out/new bag in it
    Porch trash out/new bag in it
    Handfull off the couch but more next on my list
    Bath trash gone and new bag
    Porch trash off and new bag
    Dishwasher unloaded and reloaded.. done and started
    One washer load washed/dried... and outside to put back on chairs. I keep beach towels on the 3 chairs on deck because of the cats. Started to put the huge towels back on and I see the chairs need wiped off. Now whether that actually gets done...
    Also did another load of laundry. Putting in dryer as soon as done here. Easy load to put away as it's towels.

Next on to do list

Still the counter
    More %^&*()_ couch
    Wash pots and pans... by hand ... not many
    Dishwasher unloaded
    Wash coffee pot out and wiped off base
    Clean inside of microwave
    MAYBE wipe down those chairs and put the beach towels back
    Shower curtain and liner down .. washed/dried and rehung
    Bottom part swiffer mopped
    MAYBE Awesome off the deck/porch chairs if enough time and daylight
    Porch cobwebs. Hate this cause can only see them if the light is just right.

Challenges
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-you sound like a runaway train girl. I hope they get it squared away soon. Dmom is having itching from the Eliquis. I hope the just have her on it as a precaution. Meds can really screw w/ ya. Remember last summer I was almost passing out from the HBP levels he gave me,come to find out it slows your heart.
    Then the 1st HBP meds he gave me years ago made it feel like worms crawling under my skin and I was afraid to tell him.
    Hunter is a character. He likes to go in my room and sniff every 1/4 " to tell who was where and did what. Today he ran out of the bedroom and down the stairs to see the other dogs. As far as biting he will snap after he growls and IDK. Time will tell. He gets protective of the person he is w/ at the moment. I scold him though. He's very intelligent.

Poor Dh is softener is leaking again and the stores are closed. I will just do laundry tomorrow.lol big sacrifice. Dinner-idk. I am feeling lazy so pizza rolls?

Poor Nikko-your couch,my stove and Dmom's "magic table" Everyone has a spot that you can clean but it never stays that way long.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For anyone worrying about my colour scheme, I am planning to paint it old rose eventually. But I can only put a base on till the electrician has been, hence the white. Right now it looks like a room in a crack house, so cleaning and painting it will be a whole improvement. I got 1/3 of the wall done yesterday and Im at 1/2 in total today. However I had a friend come over and arranged with my dad to come over to break down something downstairs. The downstairs needs to be stripped down to brick and rebuilt because of water damage. But my dad loves demolishing things, so there you go. I ll see if I can work on the living room tomorrow, but I need some help in getting the downstairs sorted because of time and force, hence the little 'break'.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ayanka-oooh Early crack house I love that.lol I had a bathroom in our old house that had English Rose tile and floor tile. I loved that color. I bet its similar. I had a heck of a time matching it though because cinnamon pink and dusty rose were "in" and clashed so bad. Good luck w/ painting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, stop scaring me! I hope the after-effects of the meds are wearing off so you can relax a little.

What a day here! Husby moved almost everything out of the back bedroom. Almost every inch of floor space was stacked almost to the ceiling in there. A bunch of stuff got shoved in there when we had company in August, plus there's a ton of stuff that was in there waiting to be sorted and purged, and then of course he moved most of his office stuff in there. So it was packed. Most of it is now on the pool table which is stacked to the ceiling.

Once we were able to, we moved a long, low cabinet into his office. It's not perfect but I think it'll work nicely. If not, then we'll be on the hunt for something else next summer.

Then we moved the double secretary which is five and a half feet wide and about seven feet tall. We had to take the mirror out of the middle section because it was too tall for the door. And it's solid oak inside and out. We could barely move it, even setting it on rugs and sliding it. We're trying to remember how the heck we moved it off of the utility trailer, up the steps, and into the house in the first place. I don't think we'd be able to now, twenty years later. But it's in place.

Then all the sports cards and collectibles had to be moved out of their cabinet, the cabinet moved, and all the stuff put back in. It's in little boxes but it's heavy. And of course, Husby piled that cabinet to the rafters because he forgot we were moving it, so had to shuffle that stuff yet again.

The back bedroom has lots of open space and I reminded Husby I'm not going to put up with him shoving stuff in there every time he has something he doesn't want to part with but has no use for and doesn't have anywhere to go with it. He said he likes all the open space, so I hope he remembers that in the future. We have a lot of stuff that has to go back in there since that's really our only storage space in the house for stuff people normally put in a basement, so it's going to be plenty full before we're done. All the crapola I have to sort through myself is out of there, so I'll probably start on that again next week after Husby goes back to work. He brought in a plastic trash can and some big contractor trash bags for me, so that's in the living room, ready and waiting. I hate having the trash can (it's clean, of course) in the LR but I'm darn sure not going to run outside to the trash for every little thing, and I'm not going to try to stuff tons of stuff in a little trash can and empty that ten times a day either. I hate purging so the more efficient I can make it, that's what I'll do.

We put the baseboard in first thing this AM. We still have one piece that can't be put in till we change the TV cable, which I've been waiting for at least fifteen years, so it could be a while.

I think the credenza we salvaged will be going to GW, but still thinking that over. Friday is the most likely day to take it, so I have some time yet. It would make a nice dresser but I'm okay with the one I have, and the less work right now the better. If I keep what I have, I don't have to move into the 'new' one and mess with switching the mirror over and all that. I don't think it would serve me any better than what I'm using now, so it's probably not worth it.

No painting on the sewing cabinet, and it's bugging me. But I had to rebuild the little tip-out this AM and it's still clamped. I want to be able to do all the painting at one time, so I'm waiting till tomorrow. Might not have time then either.

LOL. He was griping about not having anywhere to put stuff even temporarily, and told me to figure out where it could all go. I just laughed and reminded him he didn't want me making that decision for his office stuff. I'd trash 99% of it! And I wouldn't have to think much about it, either. Boom, it would be gone.

We discussed bookshelves for his wall and I got my ideas approved, so that's something. Not sure when those will get done. There's no place to paint them now so a bunch of stuff is going to have to be put away first. He also agreed to the alterations I'd like to see done on a shelving unit in his office closet, so we'll probably do that tomorrow.

He's not saying it but he loves that double secretary in his office. It really looks nice in there. It's a big, showy piece with loads of character and visual interest. The red kerosene lamp was Husby's mom's. It's a really deep red, not the orangey red it looks like in the pic, very pretty. The secretary has a nice variety of different kinds of storage that should be useful for him. I'm so glad I thought of it before we bought yet another big piece of furniture. The secretary has been mostly empty for years, so it'll be nice to get it where it gets used and can be seen.

At any rate, lots of ta-dones today. We're tired and sore but it's worth it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, that color is what matches what I have in the bedroom, I Love it, It needs to be painted again sothinking about a bight yelow again, I LOve yellow!

fw, I feel like a run away train, Man this is really ticking me off, I just get to feeling ok and getting energy back, then get hit over the head again,ugh zxxxz DRs,!Then I wonder why it can take up to two years to recover!! Stuoid people!! Oh that reminds me of Niko and Nomad, think I'm goin gto touch them too and it aint gonna be soft!!!

Just chiecking in, feel bad i wasn't here for a couple days

hugs to everyone , I'm feeling generous at the moment, take it whilre you can!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Ayanka, that color is what matches what I have in the bedroom, I Love it, It needs to be painted again sothinking about a bight yelow again, I LOve yellow!

fw, I feel like a run away train, Man this is really ticking me off, I just get to feeling ok and getting energy back, then get hit over the head again,ugh zxxxz DRs,!Then I wonder why it can take up to two years to recover!! Stuoid people!! Oh that reminds me of Niko and Nomad, think I'm goin gto touch them too and it aint gonna be soft!!!

Just chiecking in, feel bad i wasn't here for a couple days

hugs to everyone , I'm feeling generous at the moment, take it whilre you can!!
    Pinetree reach out and touch me any time you want, Why don't you go to bed in comfies, with a book or kindle or whatever you use with a cup of tea or whatever and just chill for the evening. Totally wind down and relax. I know it's hard but ....

Challenges
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post
    Still the counter
    More %^&*()_ couch
    Wash pots and pans... by hand ... not many
    Dishwasher unloaded
    Wash coffee pot out and wiped off base
    Clean inside of microwave
    MAYBE wipe down those chairs and put the beach towels back
    Shower curtain and liner down .. washed/dried and rehung
    Bottom part swiffer mopped
    MAYBE Awesome off the deck/porch chairs if enough time and daylight
    Porch cobwebs. Hate this cause can only see them if the light is just right.
    Well... well.... spent to much time on one NOT on my list. I took the bins out of the fridge and cleaned then and the inside where they go. Haven't got the shelves yet but I tell you... I'm wearing down. Between my back and hips... may not get them tonight. In fact I'm sure I won't.

Also threw away WAY to much wasted food. Lots of colored peppers in a bag shoved in the back of a bin. Loads of other stuff too.
    Had an unopened pkg of turkey bacon that was way way past date. Opened it, smelled it.... cooked all of it. Ate 2 bacon and tomato sandwiches so if you don't hear from me again you'll know it was bad. By t he way... I refroze the thawed out chicken. Still in freezer. So... there's that. We'll see.

As for the above list only thing done is another load in the washer yet to be put in the dryer but will. It's his work clothes. Then will put the rest of them in for another load tonight and dryer tomorrow.

He has to go to tampa tomorrow and we get up at 6. Told him to make sure I'm up. I'll swiffer mop downstairs at least and take a shower before she comes. Might get something else done.

Didn't make as much headway as I wanted by far.

Challenges
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4