2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 237
Page 237 of 271 FirstFirst ... 137187227234235236237238239240247 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got the oak rocker cleaned up and 2 end table and the 2nd lawyers bookcase. I'm about done for tonight I think. Went to see a lawyers bookcase someone had but the side knobs wouldnt hold the doors on. They guy was rude when I said I'd pass.
    Very disappointed myself.

Going w/ Dh to the surgeon to discuss Dh's leg and the hardware. NOT looking forward to it. I'd like to schedule surgery after the end of the year and Ds leaves but I doublt we have that option. Scary crap.
    Need to go eat. Kinda shaky. gotta go see what the dryer did to those cheap drapes. I just did the 15 min. deal.

Sd-your A maniac organizer and fixer as usual.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey Rabbit!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

me and my baby lists

between yesterday and today:

~washed, folded and put away I think 5 loads of laundry
    ~did massive returns of stuff I bought cheap but did not need
    ~did bank and drugstore
    ~started researching NYS health insurance plans
    ~did Brain Rehab yesterday, read today but not enough
    ~minor purging
    ~rolled 403B to Vanguard IRA, what a relief to have it all in one place!

plan for tomorrow: sleep! for some reason I am not, so I am doing these activities at 3 am, lol, throwing off my whole body clock

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We'll today I did:

Dinner
    Load of dishes (empty sink y'all!)
    Folded a basket of clothes and put away
    Prepped dinner for tmw night
    Finished cutting up the venison meat. Going to can it tmw.

Now waiting for hubby to come rub my feet

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning, everyone. Heading to the clothing room to distribute clothing to the needy for a few hours, and then I'm coming home. Not much to do today, and that is a good thing. Still feeling a bit more like myself. My SIL was taken to the hospital yesterday. She is in ICU on a ventilator. They can't regulate her blood sugar. It's very sad for my BIL. Please keep her in your prayers today. Have a great day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gb-so sorry to hear. Prayers sent.

Going to work on the house more. Awful sore today. Need to get some breakfast
    =clear the entertainment center top and dust/vaccumn behind.
    -there are 4 more tubs to move
    -2 bookshelves to be dusted
    -floor mopped
    -and the walls are dusty
    -clean 3 more lamps
    Just going for whatever I can get done because the rescue is tomorrow.

Last night I got the drapes back up and sucked up cobwebs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good Morning All!

FW – The dentist capped it for now but said the cavity had reached the nerve and he wasn’t sure if it would work. He gave me a prescription for pain pills and an antibiotic. I didn’t fill them yet. I’m already on an antibiotic and it didn’t hurt when I went in so I was counting on it not hurting when the numbing stuff wore off. So far so good. Sounds like cleaning the living room doubled as a cardio session

Pinetree – Is it really that hard to get ham where you are? That seems so bizarre to me. I guess it shouldn’t as even in large urban areas it’s hard to get certain things depending on the area of the country your in. I just never equated it to something like ham. I’m so sorry about the night terrors. I hope they go away soon.

GB – LOL – oh and by the way “almost burnt the house down”. I know that it wasn’t funny when it happened but you just threw it in your post so non-chalantely like it’s no big deal. I had to go back and re-read to make sure I read it right. So glad that you didn’t burn the house down and upon the death of your dehydrator. As for your SIL, prayers and good thoughts being sent .

Ayanka – If you get a chance I would love to see some pics of what you are working on. I know you must not be feeling so fond of it at the moment but chimney’s and brick and stone all sound so homey. I would love to live in a stone house and have played with the idea of doing one of our inside walls with stone.

Rabbit – 3/4s is better than none. Sometimes I get excited if I get anything done on my list I planned on.

SD – I wish I could get DH into tossing and purging with me. He is such a saver.

Bernice – baby lists are ok. Take it slow and easy.

Raique – Hope you got your foot massage

Moving kind of slow this morning but I'm enjoying it. DS#1 is due home from college for the holiday today. We haven't seen him all semester and I miss him something awful.

As for the to-dos:
    ~I'm going to call my brother in a bit and see about him dropping my nieces off for some baking I didn't end up getting to yesterday. Hopefully (a couple of batches of rainbow cookies, cannoli pie, pumpkin cooked down for pumpkin pies, sugar free cheesecake, salted carmel bark, and ameretti.)
    ~ sort through the mail
    ~ have the kids move the furniture in the living room for the tree.
    ~ peruse the pre black friday ads to see if there is anything I want to go get tonight or tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, so sorry about your SIL and I will be praying for her and for her husband. Scary situation.

Nomad, if that tooth even gives you a twinge of pain, please go get it done right away. That happened to me and it was NOT fun and I sure don't want you to go through what I went through. Great that your boy is home!

Bernice, there's not a thing wrong with baby lists. It sounds as though you got a lot of important stuff done.

Raiquee, how was the foot rub? AAAAHHHH, sounds wonderful!

SD, hope the Zinsser works well for you. That secretary is awesome. What storage space!

fw, I hope you're not still shaky this morning. Did the drapes do all right in the dryer? I've got to clean my dining room really well before T Day. I seldom clean in there because we never use it which is silly because it's a lovely room. It's so much easier to just eat in the den or in the breakfast room.

Ayanka, you're making good progress on your house. It sounds as though it will be very handsome.

RABBIT, good luck with the doctor appointment today.

pinetree, sending up prayers that you can have that ham!

Everyone else, hi, hope you're well.

For Tuesday:

1) Clean stairs
    2) Scrub kids' bathroom really well--I didn't realize how nasty it got when DH was fixing the leaky toilet
    3) Decide what china (Chinet???) to use for T Day dinner
    4) Put away clean laundry
    5) Clean dining room

Let's all have a good day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

At the rootednomad: Well, Im pretty sure you wouldn't find the downstairs homey right now lol. There is still a lot to be cleaned, but I worked on finishing washing off the wall in the living room. Just a question, but are houses in the USA really that rarely in stone? Inhere wooden houses are the exception. Might be one of the reasons for the price difference.

And you reminded me of finding the cable for the camera, which I lost during moving, which I did so I ll post some pictures later. I do have a before picture though:2015 To-Do Challenge-031.jpg
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka - love the leaded glass, how pretty!

Gbug - prayers going up that the doctors will be able to regulate your SIL's blood sugar

TRN - enjoy your time with your son!

fw - good luck with the cleaning

My blood pressure has been high so I went to Urgent Care last Friday and the doctor there was not too worried about it and gave me a water pill to go along with the blood pressure pill I'm on. When it still wasn't going down as of yesterday, I called my regular doctor and she had me come in this morning. So I had a gazillion tubes of blood drawn, a chest X-ray, stress test and am wearing a 24 hour heart monitor. My doctor is also going to add another pill (oh yippee) but I can't pick it up till tomorrow. Sooooo, I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have to clean the master bath today?
    I'll get my 30 minute workout in later and call it a day.

pinetree - thinking of you today and hope you are feeling better.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey TRN you have my sense of humor (burned the house down..) my condolences. I get in so much trouble for seeing the humor in things other dont. Fw,"what's the matter w/ you!".

Super slow moving today. Just need to get it going. Ate lunch and popped my sugar so I am benched at the moment.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-in a word-no. They are junk to begin w/ And when the cats get older I will revisit the issue but clean and ratty beat dusty and ratty? I mean thye are less than 3 yrs old. Dh has to rescrew in 2 of the 3 supports too. Fat cat Charlie doeant know a thing about it. hmm.

Ayanka-yes. wood structure w/ plaster for older and drywall inside for newer mostly. I had aluminum siding w/ the last house and then vinyl w/ this one. So no painting outside on ladders-yea!!
    I love your window also. And the fireplace. I am putting the Christmas tree right between the window and the fireplace .lol You'll get there. I remember our first house had been a renters house for a number of years after the older people passed. It was a lot of work but eventually we found a solid house under the quick fixes.

Rabbit-sounds familiar. I'm on 2 also. Hope that does the trick. I was on a water pill for awhile it shushed all the potassium right out of my system. I was then taking 3 potassiums. So finally, (tired of knocking over old people and nuns to get to the bathroom) I finally said this aint working. Losing weight did lots but keeping it off-oof.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Root--If you really knew me, you would understand that catching the house on fire is a normal thing in my crazy life. I am a theatre person and we don't now normal. lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, sounds like you're moving right along getting stuff cleaned and organized, too. I hope your husband's surgery goes well, is over soon, and he heals quickly.

Bernice, you seem happier and more at peace lately. I hope things are improving for you.

Raiquee, you're getting a lot done, too, especially with three little ones underfoot! Enjoy the foot run. That sounds great!

GB, I'm sorry to hear about your SIL. I sure hope they can get her blood sugar under control soon. Scary stuff. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Nomad, it's been a long, long time coming, getting Husby to part with things. It remains to be seen what he does about the forty years of paperwork and receipts he's been hoarding since we got married. It's been a bone of contention. But since the office was emptied, painted, and nice new furniture moved in, he's been saying he does not want it cluttered up again. Same for the back bedroom, since we had to empty that to get the furniture out we needed for the office. We had to move stuff off part of the pool table today and the only place to put it was in the office. Rather than just sort through it later, he moved it all back out to the pool table because he said he can't stand to have the office cluttered now. I hope that attitude continues!

ILC, Husby filled the two bookcases on the secretary with paperbacks today. He had enough space to put two rows in, so it holds hundreds of them. He's very pleased. There were two extra shelf cleats that are original to the secretary, so I made him another shelf and he was happier yet. With the secretary, the shelf in the closet, the wire book racks inside the closet door, and the tall bookcase, he has enough room for all his books without having to get rid of any, so he's happy about that, too. I'm also happy because the plan was to rebuild some of the tacky, ugly HM bookshelves we took out of that room, which I wasn't that excited about doing especially at this time of year. Instead, he wants the two knickknack shelves I was going to get rid of and another cute shelf of his parents' that he can also put knickknacks on. What can I say, he loves kitschy stuff. So I'm going to paint those so they all match in color and match the baseboards, and we'll get those put up soon. It'll be a lot quicker to paint than to have to build and then paint, and the shelves are nice and will a good place for him to display his stuff.

Ayanka, I love that fireplace. Nice clean lines. You're getting so much done! You're going to love it when you're finished and a have a beautiful place that's just yours, without the hassles and bad memories of your apartment. I'm so happy for you!

Rabbit! Man, I hope your BP goes down to normal. Scary, scary stuff. Take it easy. No, you shouldn't have to clean the bathroom!

Today the tree guy came again. Husby worked with him again since the guy's regular crew is off this week. But the trees are all down now, yea! The bid was $1,100 for 12 trees, so do you want to guess what the final bill was after he cut 20 trees? Amazingly, he only charged us $875! He said because his crew wasn't here, we didn't have to pay for them, and Husby helped him so that saved him work, too. Husby was beside himself and couldn't write the check fast enough. So that's all done and we're relieved. Between the trees the tree guy cut and the dozen or so the power company cut, it looks terrible on the ground but it's much, much safer around here now.

The tree guy wants the pool table, but he said he had to talk to his wife and see what she says. He said he'd let us know. I'm not holding my breath because I've heard this so many times before. I did tell him if it isn't gone in a couple weeks, I'm going to start breaking it up and throwing it away. We'll see what happens, probably nothing.

I got the dolly moved out to the cabin and set the tote on it that holds my water supply. Perfect fit! I had to add some little wood blocks under the legs so the tote fits under but it's going to work out great.

Husby moved the base for the sewing cabinet out there so it can warm up. I'm not going to kill myself out in the cold using steel wool to clean that thing up. I'm going to hit it with some kind of spray cleaner and call it good. I did wash it down when I bought it using the hose and a good stiff brush, so it's not that bad. I'm hoping I get that done tomorrow. I got most of the top parts painted again today so they'll be ready to reassemble and reattach to the base tomorrow. Then I'll be able to start painting the little parts that are left, which won't take long. I should be able to wrap that project up yet this week. It's nice to have that empty space in the garage now.

Still have to sand the glider rocker that will go in my office. Can't wait to get that done, too. Then I think I'll have all the furniture done for my office, at least what I plan to do for now. It's nice to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

It just occurred to me I should be able to use the Zinsser and prime the rocker without sanding it, since they make that claim on the Zinsser label. Oh, yea me! Maybe I can get that painted next week. Then I'll have to get into my sewing room and see if I can fix the fabric I've been piecing together and messed up for the upholstery. I'll figure it out. That would get some foam out of my way in the sewing room. This makes my day, not having to sand the rocker frame!

Guess I can just prime the three knickknack shelves, too. Zinsser, my new best friend!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh went to see the surgeon. He can waylay it until after the 1st of the year so we are. He isnt in pain and the antibiotics are holding the infection back. The DR. gave him another months worth. We need this so he can establish at a job and take the time off w/o losing it. Dh said it will be 5-7 days in the hosp. to get the hardware out if things are not bad in there and the bone isnt infected he can keep the limb.
    So obviously we are hanging on that. If the bone is not affected he can be up on it in days. And then heal at home for awhile.

Hunter is doing well. He growls sometimes but if you say no he stops. Someone was mean to him. We can be all normal then he shakes and wont come to me. I have to talk him out of it. I wish i knew who to give a good punch in the nose. He was being silly now on his back wriggling around. He plays mouthy games. Slowly we are treating him more like a dog that a sick dog. Its been 2 weeks since the last treatment so I will call the vet about HW preventative. I see the trust building but it will take awhile. Got to hand it to Dh he put his little coat on and walks him about 4x a day.

Sd-heckofadeal on the trees. Actually, I totally wasnt w/ it today after yesterdays clean a thon. I actually just took all the stuff off the entertainment center and put it on the Table!!lol Going to the Rescue tommorrow so I goofed up. Turkey is still outside frozen solid!! Wish I cared. Thanksgiving may shidt to Sat.
    Dh starts the new job Mon. Such a far drive and for 4 months. He is working on something else-fingers crossed. It has medical.