2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 238
Page 238 of 271 FirstFirst ... 138188228235236237238239240241248 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-as is DD. Artist to the end. She loved doing the Renaissance bits this summer.
    I think I got her into it painting sets at church. Kooky happens around here a lot too.
    Dh went to the Dr. and his leg is a bit better. He takes DD to work and then trips into the front doorway. I never know if I should laugh or call 911. No he wasnt really hurt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope it all works out, FW. Sounds pretty serious about your husband's leg.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2--I direct mostly now. I use to act, but I love directing. Hope DH's leg gets better. You probably shouldn't laugh unless you are handicapped too. Everyone of us as rehab laugh at each other. I've really made some good friends. Managed to pick more pecans this afternoon before the flooding begins on Thursday night. Going back to the ophthalmologist tomorrow. I almost feel normal, whatever that is. I hope I won't have to go back to him for awhile. My SIL is still in ICU. She is unconscious. They tried to take her off the ventilator, but can't. She has had a heart attack and they don't know about brain activity. I think it is just a matter of time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-you completely missed what I was saying. He falls because he's a klutz,nothing to do w/ the leg. Sorry to hear SIL has taken such a sad turn.

SD-we just wont know until he gets in there. He has taken hardware back out before but not w/ the amt of scarring Dh has. And also everyone heals differently.
    He really thought he'd lose it 12 years ago when the accident occured. And then when the leg swelled so bad but the hosp. donated a compression pump to us free. And he used that for years.
    I have faith andfaithi in this surgeon so we shall see.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but because of the space, the fireplace had to go, this was the before picture... I do have 2 other fireplaces in the house though and the window will stay. The room downstairs will be divided into a bathroom and a bedroom and because gas heating is not allowed in the bedroom, plus its supertiny it couldn't stay. Plan for today is picking up everything cleaning liquid at the grocery and clean an as big as possible chunk of the second wall.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Foot rub was awesome!! Sorry I don't gab much guys, my life is going to start getting really busy soon with school starting again for me on the 30th and I have to take final exams at the end of December.

Today I finally have off after working 6 days.
    We are having thanksgiving with my sister, and I cook half soooo on the agenda.

Make mashed tatoes
    Make green bean casserole
    Bring cranberry sauce
    Make dinner rolls
    Can venison
    Make baby's green bean baby food
    Do finances

That's stuff I have to get done. Stuff I want to get done:
    Laundry times 3
    Fold clothes times a million
    Keep up with dishes as I make them
    Buy a dang dishwasher
    Vacuum upstairs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2--I am clumsy too. Add in the balance and coordination issue with my stroke and I'm a mess.
    Ayanka--I hope you take a little time to relax from all that work you are putting in. I was going to redo two of my bedrooms before I got sick. Hopefully next year.
    Raiquee--I got my Master's degree with three kids and a husband and job. You can do it! It just takes a lot of planning. Hang in there.

I went back to the eye doctor early this morning and he even smiled(that's a rarity) with my progress. He dropped one of my eye drops and added another. I don't have to go back for two weeks. Yeah! We are going to my nieces house for Thanksgiving. This is the first time I have ever been invited somewhere else and I am so excited. Taking desserts and potatoes and gravy. Going to make one sugar free dessert for my BIL since he is diabetic. Laundry going. We are expecting flooding in our area tomorrow and very cold temps by the weekend. I say Bring it on. I know you guys up north won't agree, but I love at least a week of cold then I am done. Stay warm and take a break today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC- LOL, If the tooth twinges at all I will definitely be heading back to the dentisit. So far so good though.

Ayanka – Wow, even though it’s a before I’m completely drawn to the window and the fireplace. Stone on the outside of a house is not very big here, at least in my area. Most of the houses are wood, covered with aluminum siding or brick. When I lived up north there was even less brick. Inside the house it’s definitely rare and I would love to do one wall of our living inside in stone. A friend’s mom did her kitchen backsplash behind her stove in creekstone and I’ve always loved it.

SD – Definitely hope your DH’s “pitching” attitude continues and what a great price on the trees!

FW – Keeping you and your DH in our thoughts here. We’re doing the same thing with the “want to get DH in for his surgery but would really be better if we could hold off until at least mid-December as he’ll be out of commission for a bit.

At everyone else – Thinking of you all!

Yesterday was pretty productive. Several batches of three color cookies, oreo balls, surprise package cookies, ricotta cookies, and peanut butter bars down. Managed to get three batches of chocolate bark, and a cannoli pie done as well as bake a ham and get started on DS#1’s mound of laundry he brought home.
    I’ve got extra kids crashed out on my couch and am getting ready to head out for a run. When I get back I guess it will be feed them all and then see about actually getting the tree set up (it’s a fake) so it can start “falling” and I can get the lights on it and let the kids decorate it this weekend while they’re in.
    Have a good day all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey everybody! I slept like a stone last night---got up at 5 something to go to the bathroom and the next thing I knew it was 9:20. Boy, it felt great. Right now music from E.T. is playing on the radio and it's brought back memories of seeing that movie---so magical. I loved it so much (still do!) that I took my parents to see it. Daddy enjoyed watching me enjoy watching it---he was more of a shoot-'em-up movie kind of guy, but I think he still deep-down liked it.

Ayanka, I wish that fireplace didn't have to go, but that's the way it is, I guess. That window is fabulous.

SD, 40 years of paperwork??? That is horrifying! I went through over 50 years' worth of that from my parents, but I'm glad I did because there were some cool things in all those plastic bags and shoeboxes---Daddy's discharge papers from the service in the 40s, the hospital bill from my brother's birth in 1951, etc. But the vast majority was junk. It freed up lots of space in my house when it all went to be shredded. Glad to hear you can use the Zinsser.

RABBIT, sorry about those health issues. How long are you having to wear that heart monitor?

Gbug, Wonderful news from your eye doctor! You must be so relieved. So, so sorry about your SIL. Still praying for all of you.

fw, good to hear about your DH's surgery being able to wait for a while!

Raiquee, good luck with the dishwasher! I managed to find a Bosch on closeout and it's wonderful, and very highly-ranked by Consumer Reports. We got it for only $400.

Nomad, everything you baked yesterday sounds sooooooo good. Can I come visit you?

pinetree and everyone else, hi, hope things are going well.

Yesterday I did at least 8 loads of laundry---sofa slipcover, chair slipcover, cozy throws, etc. Plus I got a lot done ahead for Turkey Day, and I helped DH install a new dimmer in the dining room. My job consisted of watching for sparks while he threw breakers or whatever he was doing. Nothing is EVER easy in this house but it finally got done to his satisfaction and it's so nice to have a dimmer again. Plus I got a rug for the dining room last week at Ollie's. Not expensive but very pretty and since we seldom use the dining room, it should last a while. Somebody here---was it you, fw?-- mentioned they liked Ollie's too. It's like a Big Lots. They have a really good rug selection with some quite pretty colors and designs and good sizes.

For Wednesday:

1) Mix up dressing and stick in fridge to bake tomorrow (most people in the South don't do stuffing, we cook our dressing separate from the turkey)
    2) Mix up apple-pecan salad and chill till tomorrow
    3) Bake pumpkin pie for tomorrow
    4) Put table pads on dining table, set the table, fix centerpiece
    5) Clean downstairs bathroom
    6) Put clean slipcover on chair and sofa
    7) Sweep stairs

Have a good Thanksgiving Day Eve, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finances-done.
    Rolls are rising
    Venison is in the canner.

Once canner starts singing, I will go and start baby girls baby food.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, yeah, Husby seems to have an obsession with making lists. I'm hoping he'll dump most of the paperwork and settle for keeping maybe the past ten years or less, but it's not promising. All I can do is wait and see what happens. I figure if this is the worst problem I have with him, I'm a pretty darn lucky woman!

We got the HydroBikes off the trailers today, finally. Then we covered them for winter, but I took some measurements before that and I think I have a basic plan for the bike trailer now. It helped the old boat trailer was finally sitting right next to the bikes, making it easier to measure various things. Now we have the utility trailer available to take the snowblower in for service on Friday.

I couldn't stand it so I did the crackle paint on the sewing cabinet, even though I had decided not to take the time. I love how it turned out! Not perfect, but not bad for only the second project I've done. I thinned the glue and that seemed to help a lot. I was worried the light green wouldn't cover the dark green base coat at all, but there wasn't any problem with that. I didn't get the steel base washed up yet but probably tomorrow. Then we can move the top out to the cabin and reattach it to the base. Then I'll just have to paint the drawer fronts and the spacers I made from the scraps, to set under the outer edges of planters so they'll sit level since there's a board in the middle of the cabinet, of course. I put the tip-out back in and it looks great, considering it was so recently just a pile of filthy, dusty, broken rubble. I put the bottom 'guard' back in too, the part underneath the machine when it dropped down inside the cabinet, so it couldn't be seen from the front. Sometimes I've regretted buying this cabinet because it was in such bad shape and I didn't think I'd ever get it looking nice again, plus it quickly became obvious it would take way more time than I thought it would, but now I'm very happy I didn't just trash it. It looks pretty nice just sitting on a bed of old newspapers, drying, and it's going to look really cute back on its own base. I'll take some pics when I get the drawers done and everything back together.

I rounded up the eleven knobs I'll need for Grandma's cabinet and got them ready to paint. I'm painting them the same dark green as the base coat on the sewing cabinet, so I can get those done at the same time I do the little pieces left to do. I'm thinking even putting nice knobs on Grandma's cabinet will dress it up a lot, even with the crappy paint still on it.

All in all, a productive day although not a lot done. I just keep looking at the sewing cabinet and loving that the crackle finish came out just the way I wanted it. Lucky me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey, FW, I found some pics of your blinds! I understand the problem now!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, the cat in the top picture looks SO much like our newest cat, Friend!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

.....and the cat in the bottom picture looks like my Mae-Mae, which is why we don't have blinds in the front windows anymore!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-odearlord!! Except they look like the top one w/o white. Now if you stuck his foot in the lacing and hung him upside down making a soul chilling screech. Just draw me in having to get the scissors out of the drawer and snip my blinds. Could have been such a sad day.

Well Happy Thanksgiving today since some might not stop in tomorrow. I worked at the rescue until 3:30 got home by 4 and having been cooking ever since. I made stuffing,a vat of mash,green bean cass. in now,3 pies-mincemeat,cherry and pumpkin. I am debating the seashell noodle salad or the salad supreme one. Rolls and turkey,broccoli tomorrow,open canberry and cook carrots for DH.
    DD came home sick. Yes, I make too much on purpose so I can laze the rest of the week. Pooped. Still need to see Hunter while it all cools.
    Hugs to all. BBT.