2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 239
Page 239 of 271 FirstFirst ... 139189229236237238239240241242249 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have Charlie who looks like the bottom cat if the cat took steroids. He's at least 2x the size.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-you should have seen the moldy,dusty piles Ddad left us. 4 of us shredded for 6 hrs. to get 1/2 done. We did it outside in the back to help our lungs!! It much have dated from the 1970's on forward and each piece we had to seperate for cash. I feel guilty that I have not filed last years bulk.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So... it's 9:41 and the kid should be here in about half hour??? I did what I did and the ^^&*() couch didn't make it. Semi close but not happening. SO.... going to scoop up what's left and TOSS the rest in the utility room floor and close the door. Rewash some other date and time/

Done sweating it.

I suck. sigh
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Niko-totally!! Its not the president just our kids. Remind me on Dec. 14th or so.Yes?
    I cleaned 1/2 the living room immaculate and then took all the stuff on the entertainment center and cluttered up the table I need for Thanksgiving.lol

Just ogt off w/ Ds. He ogt a junk truck and is driving back 3 states or so in it in winter. Seeing I cant say your crazy!! I offered to pay for a check over for Christmas. He never really commited but I asked if he'll call me tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, Husby is a wizard at packing and shuffling and stuffing things in our back bedroom. He does that every time we're going on vacation (can't scare the house sitter) or having company. I hate it! But we're getting there with purging, so I'm hoping eventually the house will be almost normal every day of the week. Don't hold your breath though. If you have only one hot spot that gathers clutter, you're doing great. You soooo do NOT suck! Happy T-day!

And everyone else, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

Been up a little over an hour. Had to get the turkey in but so wasn't ready to get up. Looks like I'm transporting a cooked turkey (actually 2) to mom's anyway, even though I said was NOT doing that again. "If we're eating at your house than we're cooking the turkey here. If you want me to cook it then we're eating at my house." Held strong until late last night when she was still up sorting through stuff from the garage at 10. I couldn't bring myself to have a bunch of clanging starting in her kitchen at shortly after 6 am when I know she needed to be able to sleep longer than that and she so wouldn't give in to having the day over here. Anyway it means I transport the turkey hot again.

Feeling a little sleep deprived myself at the moment but there will be nap time a little later. Looking foward to sitting around and gabbing with everyone for the day while we all end up taking turns napping on the couch

ILC – Sounds like you were very busy yesterday! As for the 50 years of parental paperwork I can definitely relate. One of the things my brother has been heading up while he’s in has been going through some of my parents garage with them. It’s been an agonizing process but there has also been lots of memories coming out. Yesterday they found some of my baby clothes and the title to my first car as well as lots of pictures.

Raiquee – I am always so impressed when someone is canning things that can’t be done in a water bath. I’m afraid to use a pressure cooker. I know I shouldn’t be. People have been using them forever. I just can’t seem to get past it though.

Niko-The stuff is off the couch. In my book that counts. You can deal with the hidden items another time. Sometimes we just have to go with it. Enjoy the day with family (((HUGS)))

FW – Sending good thoughts out there to your DS’s truck. I can’t even begin telling you the multitude of car/travel horrors we must’ve put my parents through over the years as we attempted to head home for the holidays in the winter from KY to NY….and that was back before cell phones.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well,good morning and Happy Turkety Day!!!! to my alternate clan. W/ the help of my Mike,Mackey,and Yogi I have wrestled the 22# bird into the oven. (wanna see 3 dogs lose their mind??hahaha! For once I did it right. No sticking my hand into an icy cavity and pouring in hot water swearing at A BAG OF GIBLETS! My green bean casserole,mas potatoes,stuffing,3 pies are all done. I have to do rolls and open canberry. I even did a load last night and stuffed big things in the DW. I am gearing up to do the seashell tuna noodle pasta I chopped the celery and onion for. Just have a taste this year for it?? Hope everyones holiday in floating along smoothly.

Ds sent me a picture of his new silver Dodge truck w/ the extended cab. It has 89,000 miles and looks very good. He used his overseas combat pay so its paid for. A frugal guy off the old block. Very proud of him. I just pray its good mecanically. I definitely have truck envy. I told him I was pouting because now Dh has his new car,DD has our car fixed up and he has a new truck. Mama has nada. Old van and me still all the way.lol JK I could finance something but Y?? Life is so placid w/ no car payments for 3-4 yrs. now.

CANT wait to see what HUnter thinks of Thanksgiving.lol
    We have a nice rain and its light so I'll take it. Supposed to be around the 50's. Good boy DH went out for butter 2x last night and milk and broccoli so he's on the cooks "nice" list. More canberry for him. Gosh that stuff is gross.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here were the rolls I made. My to do list to follow. They were awesome and I was pretty proud of them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 To-Do Challenge-image_1448545691337.jpg  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok so yesterday I got everything on my "must be done" list done. Nothing off my want list. I got thanksgiving at SIL and packers game today. Bringing green bean casserole again so gonna make that.

To do:
    Make said green bean casserole
    Shower
    Dishes
    Fold some laundry

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2015 To-Do Challenge-sam_5991.jpg

No worries Niko, Im pretty sure I win the dirty house competition.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ayanka-hahaha! dont put any money on it!
    Rai-beautiful. I remember when i used to make stuff like that. Back is the far reaches of my mind though

Had a nice phone call w/ Dmom. She is headed to Dbros to eat. Glad she feel well enough.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Raiquee - your rolls came out beautifully! They look like the rolls we had in high school, loved them.

fw - love green bean casserole but no one seems to make it anymore in our families. I live too far away to bring it, it would be cold by then. Bringing a mixed green salad with craisans, cashews and apples with homemade dressing. Hope they like it. Your son's truck will probably have many years on it, at 89,0000 it's just breaking in. My car has 230,000 and still going strong.

Ayanka - at least you don't have to worry about people tracking dirt in your house! It's good that you are taking all these "before" photos, I can't wait to see the finished result.

TRN - at least by now you're a pro at transporting a hot turkey!

Just got done writing my sponsor child to tell him I'm thankful for him this Thanksgiving. Worked out this morning, colored my hair (too red) and washed all the tile floors. Going to vacuum and then take it easy before I have to get the salad prepped and get ready to go to DH's nephews. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

TRN-hot boxed Turkey coming thru!! lol I will drop cash in his acct. to help w/ gas and the checkout then back off praying it doesnt overheat! I wish he wasnt coming alone

Rabbit-you can make it and reheat it in the oven or the microwave maybe just bring extra onion pieces for the top? Mine was a bit soupy and cooled better. When I reheat it then I am guessing it wont be. DD asked for it.

Hunter was a stitch. He is super nose guy so he has been reporting to Dh about the turkey everytime he goes out on a leash for potty time. So today he was upset because it was missing. He got up after all my "assistants" and I put it in the oven.
    The tuna/noodle salad is done, pickles jar popped,extra broth on the turkey and in the stove top. The canberry is open,broccoli steaming. Big baby man informed me the carrots are good raw-honestly!!lol I feel the illusion of well being.
    Dh and I played cards. Now he smartly disappeared while I move things to clear the table. I already decided to tackle the entertainment center tomorrow in the name of peace and sanity. Off to make the list and check things off like pop outside. And rolling the cresents. And a thankful nod that things have come out so well fr us after all that chaos.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Morning !! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Rai, those rolls look wonderful!

FW. Have a wonderful day with you and fighting off those furbabies!! DS might be the smart one, Its snowing here, coming down pretty good.He will need it traveling!

Niko, Sorry you didn't get the couch done, but have a great time with your daughter!! Still sending up prayers.

Nomad, Good Luck, hauling those turkies! Have a good nap!

Ayanka, My house has looked like that!! It will be so nice when you are done!

SD, Happy Thanksgiving, I hope you take a day off! ENjoy!!

Gbug, I hope you are safe from the storms, feel better and have a lovely day!

RABBIT, Hugs, Keeping you in my thoughts, enjoy your day....

ILC, Thanks for Everything, I hope your day is one that goes down in the memory books forever!!

Om, Jen, Zhoen, Bernice, have a relaxing, fantastic day!

I talked to my DR. Tues morning. I am almost back to normal, I am really giving Thanks to that one! I have SO much to be Thankful for I don't even know where to start.

One big one for me is you guys helping thru my heart attack, I really don't know what I would have done with out you. All of you kept me up and pushing for more, or telling me not to push, you all have really helped me along in my recovery.. I give Thanks for each and everyone of you! Hugs and love to all.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hahahahaha! Since we don't have the fireplace running this year due to Sugar being so unsteady on her feet, the cats have been looking for other places to lay where it's warm. One place was the old Dish receiver, which was on a table between the two recliners. The new one is in the entertainment center where they can't get to it. But they can't seem to understand the old one on the table isn't there anymore. They keep jumping up there and seem so confused and disappointed their warm pad is gone now. Poor clueless things!

We did basically take the day off, sort of. We went to Mom's and did a bunch of stuff for her. We also sorted a bunch of little stuff in Husby's office this AM, and when we got home, we put up a shelf and a rack with hooks that Mom gave Husby for his office. Husby moved the sewing cabinet top to the cabin for me, so that's done but I didn't get the base washed up yet. At least it's out of the house now. I hope tomorrow I'll get the base cleaned and the first coat of paint on the small parts and also get some modifications done for the spacers I'm making from parts I removed from the cabinet, but it's not looking good with the other stuff we have to get done. But eventually I'm sure I'll get through it all.

Ayanka, don't count on having the messiest house! And no, I'm not posting pics of mine the condition it's in. But I'm confident eventually we'll have a nice house again. You will too!

FW, any truck that's been reasonably well cared for should easily get to 100K miles. I'm sure he'll be just fine. Our truck is probably older (2002) than your son's and has over 100K miles on it now, and we still have enough confidence in it that we'll drive it all over the mountain west towing a camper.