2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 240
Page 240 of 271 FirstFirst ... 140190230237238239240241242243250 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hello all! Had a nice day. only 1 30sec. freak out trying to find a place to put te hot food before serving it. Kitchen is on the next hit list I would say. Everything came out good except the greenbean casserole. I wonder if they changed the soup. I looked up recipes and they were the same?? Such a simple thing. The only change was fresh not canned beans. I prob. should have cooked them 1st then made the casserole. Oh well. Will deal w/ Mr. turkey tomorrow I am beat.

Talked to Ds for an hour. He sounds good. He said his Gf dog is a pistol and barks at everything incl. other dogs so that is why the last owner was going to put it to sleep and she took it. it's a doxie but goes hiking and rock climbing w/ them!
    He is buying new phones and guns and the truck and I said to slow down because that vehicle will have somthing break.
    Now he is driving tandem w/ his friend he usually rides w/ . I am happier about that than alone w/ a new truck that he doesnt know yet. Cant wait to see him but I still dont have a date.

Hope everyone had a great day. Back to playing a game. Unbelievable-all the snow is gone but the bigger piles.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD=cross post. His is 2001 and I would have more confidence is I knew that. He said te interior is like new and the milage is just turning 86.000 so I wonder if it was grandpas truck or something? He didnt mention a tow hitch. Lets hope not. Trans. will be better if not.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everybody! Hope everyone gobbled till they wobbled! DS is sick and couldn't make it home but says he thinks he can come tomorrow. DD didn't show up. I'm furious, but she's going through one of her weird phases right now and I'm trying to stay calm so my blood pressure doesn't go haywire. DH's sister came and had a really good time. I set up the dining room with my china and crystal, the first time probably in years, and it was so much fun to use my pretty things again. DH's brother and sis-in-law dropped by on their way home and we had a nice visit.

It's only a little after 9 but I'm tired and I think my bed is calling my name. Oh, SD, I'm reading Open Season by C. J. Box per your recommendation and it's really good. I finished Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee yesterday and enjoyed it tremendously, even though it's not as good as To Kill a Mockingbird---but very few books are! So tonight I plan on brushing my teeth, putting on my jammies, and reading till I fall asleep.

Will post my To Do list tomorrow.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, I'm so sorry, sending hugs, I hope you feel better in the morning, ok heres nore hugs....
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Raiquee View Post
    Here were the rolls I made. My to do list to follow. They were awesome and I was pretty proud of them.
    Gorgeous rolls! You should definitely be proud.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bought a dishwasher!!!

Comes Dec 10th. Then hubby has to hook up. Hopefully by that weekend. But that means- 2 more weeks of hand washing dishes

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hey all. No shopping for me online or otherwise. In fact i looked at 4" of sales ads and didnt see anything i wanted for me or to get anyone. The whole commercial Christmas thing seems boring.
    I am miffed at Dh because he is going out to get Ammo way far from here w/ his new vehicle. Kinda like a lamb to slaughter. He has no idea what he's getting into. The worst part is its only a few bucks off and while he drives he kills the savings IF they have it. He wants .22LR which has been the unicorn of ammo for the last few years.

He start his new job Mon. Yea-ish. Too far. I wont see him every night until after 7p.m. I a super worried about his leg and that drive. This is not a work at home even partially like i thought.

So michigan is being it's usual weather self. We got 15" that stayed 2 days and melted in 50 degree weather yesterday and today well, now it is drizzling and the back yard is mud mess (no floor washing today w/ constant paw traffic.

ILC-sorry Ds was sick and Dd was acting like well-mine at points. Mine came home early from work and slept thru the work Wed. making her Ddad pick her up.
    Then slept most of the day Thurs. But managed to make it to eat a full plate and complain about the green bean casserole then went back upstairs leaving the clearing and dishes to me. She sauntered down later to talk thru Haven.
    Dh was great. He took out garbage and the dogs care,and we played "trouble" and card games. I need to finish the turkey carcass today. Mikey took the turkey foil pan and tipped it so grease hit the kitchen floor. Never a dull moment.

We let Hunter down in the front room w/ Mikey and held Mikes collar. They get along great. Hunter is a tiger in a tiny dog body. He socked Mike back and they played a bit. I cant wait until they can all hang. We are 2 weeks in of the 4. Then he can mix but not do a lot of running for 1 more month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rai-awesome Whadya git! My freezer arrives the 7th? what ever that Mon. is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2--It's those "events" that make Thanksgivings memorable.
    We went to my nieces for lunch for the first time ever. It was very awkward with her mom in ICU. The food was okay, but none of that side of the family are cooks, so I didn't eat much. We went so that my BIL would leave the hospital for awhile. They did a brain test on her yesterday, but we won't know anything until today. I was going to start getting my Christmas out today, but DH is getting out bathroom toilet and shower usable again since he has been using it to store paint, and we will need it at Christmas with all the company. I think I may take it easy today and then start getting my inside stuff done tomorrow. It has been raining here all night and it's turning cold. It's kinda gloomy, but it's that time of year. Hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, I'm glad the brother-n-law got a break from the hospital. Please keep us informed about your SIL. It's so sad. Praying still.

Raiquee, those rolls are gorgeous! YUMMMMMMY Did you get a Bosch?

fw, I know you'll be glad when that freezer arrives. I've enjoyed having mine since 1986 or 1987. Right now it's a tee-total mess so on a semi-warm day I'll have to do some organizing, I have no clue what's in there right now except the most recent stuff that's been thrown in.

pinetree, bless you!

Everybody, have a good Black Friday and be careful if you're out and about doing shopping. Me, I stay home on Black Friday and haul Christmas decorations from the dormer storage area and lug it downstairs to the den to decide where everything goes. If there are Christmas movies on TV it's even better. No cooking today due to yesterday's leftovers. My breakfast today was cake that my sis-in-law brought over yesterday. My bad.

For Friday:

1) Unpack Christmas decorations
    2) Put away some clean laundry
    3) Eat leftovers

Have a great day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC=pumpkin pie. I plan on dragging Christmas out bit by bit but today everything is SORE. I used all the energy to do what I used to w/ ease.lol And the bill is due.

Gb-so right. Dh is just in a knot about job. Wish i could say lets go out. They moved him back a day and he was all weirdy. I just think he should go in about the tooth.
    We have ins.

Juat not too hungry today. thank goodness.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Relaxing day here, took up the Christmas decorations from the basement, got the house decorated and put the tree up. Will probably put lights on it and decorate it tomorrow. I think I'm going to read tonight, I started another Joe Pickett book.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

glad to hear everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Ilc I hope you feel better.

RABBIT, How are you doing? Hoping you are OK..

Gbug, So sorry to hear about SIL, But don't give up on her yet, please, sending up prayers for her, may God heal her.
    It took me about 5 days after my heart attack to realize where, what happened and to this day I cant remember alot of things, hopefully she needs time to heal..hers was alot worse than mine, so it might take longer....

FW, Sounds like puppy is fitting right in. Glad you had a good day. You can come decorate for me!
    DS should be ok with the truck mine is an 89 and has 140,000, has towed and theres nothing wrong with her, only shes older. 89,000 for a truck well, someone was right, its not even broke in now, unless its the smaller kind, but they go along way now too, they say you can get 200,000 easy out of a car now.

SD, So whats the plan for this weekend? you are always so busy, and sometimes it keeps me going!! Did you get the trash can from Ace?

Rai, Those rolls are amazing!! wish I could do that, but I am not a bread maker..

Ayanka, cant wait to see that room finished.

Hi to everyone else!!

Well, feeling so much better today, Now if I can just keep on this track. I will be doing fine.. Maybe now the new Dr. will see I can't take alot of meds, my body just doesn't like them. this last one was scarey., I'm hoping I just just do with out them..
    I'm all finished with Christmas shopping, now we just pick up stocking stuffer, or small little things. I try to get done before halloween, its alot less stress on me, then I have time to bake all my stuff! So now it cookies and candy time yippeee!! I just LOVE sugar!! This coming from a diabetic that shouldn't have it, well this year am trying the stevia, hopefully it will work.
    Have a good day everyone, going to see if theres anything good to buy online!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

WTG-rabbit! too fast for me. I have to drag up everything bit by bit. Arranging and mulling memories. I have a wall I tape about 50 old Christmas cards to. Have several nativities. And of course we have to cut a tree. It need a day or 2 too suck up water and let down branches. Got my play yard this year so maybe,just maybe the cats wont ride it to the ground-as if!

Kinda blah w/ the day today. Wanting to go out but avoiding it w/ all the crazy shoppers. Flipped out when I called up Colorado Springs and saw headlines about shootings. Ds is there. It was at a planned parenthood clinic. Was relieved for mine but so sad for the others.
    Dh is in a mood. He starts this job Tues. Its so hard when you have more confidence in your spouse than they have in themselves. Easy for me to say though,I dont have to do it. ??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope everyone who isn't feeling well is doing better soon.

We did our Black Friday shopping today and got a thirty-gallon trash can half price and six bags of wild bird food BOGO at $13/bag, so it came out to $6.50 for five pounds. Spendy, but we're out of peanuts and hate to disappoint the chickies and nuthatches. It's only a little more expensive than the peanuts and there's no good place in town to buy peanuts. Ace only had one bag but they let us pay for three at the BOGO price and ordered us five more, so we'll get those Tuesday. That was it for Black Friday shopping except for our usual groceries.

We took the snowblower in today, so had to drag the trailer all over town. It should be done in about a week. We decided not to go with the guy who's retiring, after finding out he lied to us when he said no one else in town serviced small engines. There's no way he doesn't know who his competition is in a town of 3,000 people. Turns out the marine shop services all kinds of things, so we went there. Husby also got an earful about the other guy from the tree guy, none of it good.

Took a truckload to GW, too, including the credenza we salvaged and some more stuff inherited from the ILs. They were very happy to get the credenza. It's in almost perfect shape so they should be able to get a nice price for it. All I bought there was a bag of candy which I dutifully portioned out into 2-point snack packs, and two small pouches to put small items in for my writing project bags, which I needed. Husby bought some candy. So we're not adding to the clutter with that stuff. I'm glad we let the credenza go. It's nice but we brought it home knowing it might not work out, and it didn't. It was easy to move and cost us nothing but a little bit of time, so I'm not sorry we gave it a try and not sorry we saved it from being trashed and now donated it to GW.

Got groceries, too. Nothing too exciting there, just the usual stuff. Husby bought hot bologna which refers to it being warm when we buy it, not spicy. He didn't realize it's almost $4 a pound. We could have had steak for that. He also bought hot mustard which refers to it being spicy. One of our local stores makes their own. I was shocked since Husby doesn't like spicy foods that much and also because there was no price on the shelf and I warned him it would be at least $5 for an 8-oz. bottle. Turns out it was $4.99. He was in a spendy mood today, primed for Black Friday sales no doubt. He gets all the sales e mail alerts. I know better. Love that hot mustard though, and we haven't had it in a while. He bought hot (spicy, not temperature) breaded chicken nuggets that store makes themselves, too, another shock. Maybe he's finally acquiring a taste for food that bites back.

Got the first coat of paint on the small parts for the sewing cabinet and modified the spacers for the top so they'll all fit in the little drawers for storage. Glad I thought of that before I had everything done. Then I cleaned up the base. It's still not perfect but that gunk does not want to come off. It's much improved and I'm calling it done. The base is dark brown so the grime doesn't really show anyway, which is one reason it's hard to clean because it's hard to see even when I'm really looking. Which leads me to believe no one else will notice it at all. But it does look better. I set the top back on the base but didn't put the screws back in, since they were in the garage and I didn't feel like going to get them. But it looks really nice with the new light green paint over the dark green and the dark brown legs. So glad that project is almost done.

Painted the eleven knobs for Grandma's cabinet, too. Those will spruce it up a little even with the crappy paint on the rest of it.