2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 242
Page 242 of 271 FirstFirst ... 142192232239240241242243244245252 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree - better yesterday than today, yesterday I felt almost like my old self. Still putting one foot in front of the other though.

Gbug - prayers still going up

ILC - that was SD who recommended the C.J. Box books but I have been reading them since summer. I have read some of the Joe Pickett series and most of his other books. I really enjoy them and am also glad SD mentioned them.

Raiquee - WTG on going back for your bachelors degree!

Hi to everyone else.

Got the tree up yesterday, decorated, vacuumed house, vacuumed furniture, dusted, worked out and did 2 loads of laundry. I was just catching up on FW when DH wanted to go into the city to a nice resale store we like. He found a nice pair of shoes and I found 2 sweaters, 1 long sleeve top, 3 sleeveless tops and a bag of stuffed animals for the dogs. Today we went to church and then I had practice for the Christmas play, I am co-director. Just got back from taking two of the dogs to the park, DH came with. Planning on catching up on recorded tv shows this afternoon. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of your Sunday.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I amn't sure what you mean with sanding Pinetree, you mean getting the uneven parts out? As this is the base layer, I could do any additional sanding afterworths I think, cause both the stuff and the paint is white and there needs to go another layer on. Anyhow, for now, I filled the holes in the wall, going to paint them tomorrow as they need some more drying time than originally hoped for. I also cooked up something freshy (some ingredients from the freezer), did the dishes and scrubbed myself clean. So now I am waiting for the washing machine to be done, so I can hang the laundry and go to bed.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, I meant when you are patching, if theres any high or low spots, or a groove from the putty knife, it will show up after you paint. I patched a crack in my plaster and left the edges rough, now you can see the entire patch job. I'm going to have to go back and sand the paint off and get the patch smoothed out. Hope that makes sense, maybe you habe small holes where you can't see them.
    Otherwise Sd can jump in and help me explain.

RABBIT, take it easy, those need to stay low.

You too ILC and FW
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You guys are always leaving me in the dust.

Watching Highway Through Hell. I wouldn't want to be those guys, doing the heavy haul recoveries in dangerous predicaments on icy winter roads. Some of the situations they show don't seem like it's even possible to be successful.

This morning I planned to paint the three knickknack shelves for Husby's office, but after looking at them we decided it didn't matter if they didn't all have the same finish, they'd look fine anyway. Yea, me! I got out of priming and painting the dang things! So we put them up and he's managed to fill all of them full of his kitschy stuff already. I said I was glad I didn't have to dust them. I don't think he had thought about that, but they're his problem now. So that takes care of that and he's really happy how it all looks.

Then I was going to go crawl inside Grandma's cabinet again and put a second coat of paint on the inside, top and bottom. But when I looked that over I decided it didn't need paint either, so I put the paint away. Not sorry not to be killing myself trying to get that done.

Since I didn't have to paint, I sorted and purged instead. I filled a box for GW, condensed four large boxes of picture frames into three, and sorted about six other boxes of assorted stuff and purged, recycled, or put away everything in those. I've been dreading that but it turned out to be easy. I tossed or recycled most of it and everything else had somewhere to go thanks to previous organizing I've done out there.

I put the new plant stand in front of the window, so that's in place now, and arranged the picture frames so I can get to both Grandma's cabinet and the plant stand, which are next to each other. The picture frames will still have to be dealt with but I have to round up the x-stitch stuff that needs framing, sort that, make mats, and figure out which frames go with what, so it's an entire separate large project beyond just sorting and purging frames. I'm hoping to get the that this winter but I've been saying that for years now. Anyway, I think almost everything in my office now has been sorted and organized, so things are winding down on that clean-out, finally. I still have some small projects to do in there but the big stuff is all done.

Ayanka, good going on the living room walls! Getting the spackling done means you're almost ready to paint, and painting means beautification of a space and also being almost done. Fantastic!

Rabbit, you've been busy! Sounds like you're about ready for Christmas. Have fun tree shopping! There's some nice stuff out there these days.

ILC, sorry your team lost but at least your rellies aren't rubbing it in. The Vikings won today. Husby's rambling about the conference and the Packers record and a bunch of stuff I don't care about, so I think I'm sorry I asked! LOL.

Thanks, Pinetree. The plant stand does look blue on my monitor, too, but it's actually a very light mint green.

Raiquee, congrats on going back to college! You'll be so happy when you get your degree. What are you studying?

Oh, yeah, I did a load of dishes in the dishwasher today, too. I guess I need to do it more often when it's noteworthy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hey all. Felt flushy and achy all yesterday night all worse today so i slept. Having really bad Diabetic nerve pain w/ my feet all the sudden and kinda freaking.

Took Hunter out a bit early in the house yesterday and he raced around and wiggle waggled he was so excited. He did well so today I put him w/ the other dogs. He is so fearless. Mikey pawed him too hard playing so he punched him back and growl barked him. Mikey went running off 24# scared 94#. Hilarious. He has just inserted himself into everything. Mackey is a bit jealous but in a controlled situation its going ok. I will still limit him because I want the heart and lungs to be as healed as possible. I will call Monday about when shots can be done. Prob. neuter in Dec. sometime because DH should have surgery about 1/2 way thru Jan. Now we find out the surgeon is expecting his 2nd child at that time. I hope it doesnt mess us up. I am so happy for him as he is a very nice guy.

Going to visit Dmom tomorrow if poss. before Dh goes to work Tues. He can juggle sick dogs and rides for DD tomorrow. I may take her shopping at the S.A. if she feels ok.

Rabbit-you have the right nickname! congrats on the accomplishments the whole day.
    Ayanka-you drywall patch,let it dry and sand,check to see if there are pits or high spots,repeat the process if needed,let dry then prime/paint. You dont paint before sanding traditionally. The new stuff is better than the old as it used to shrink when it dried and take a long time to dry too. Do you have drywall or plaster walls??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-Dang I have a beautiful Mt. King I have never used that I got at 80% off or so and I wish I could shove it thru the screen for you.

Pinetree-I dont feel like I am getting anyting done lately.
    Sd-you would think you guys would have it all set by now but I get it. Its like it unfolds like an accordian. Tossed 2 more bags from the MIL of crap. Then I will shove all the cookbooks in there and it will be full again. I just want all the food back in the pantry so bad but its tedious.

GB-you may have a business who knows lol.
    Hugs to a good job. and the kindness you showed doing it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope you feel better soon, FW. Take care of yourself.

Yeah, it's like things will never get completely done here. But I feel good about both offices now. Husby's is pretty much done now except for him sorting the paperwork. Kinda funny both of our offices are getting done at the same time after years of both of them being piled up and so chaotic.

Now if I can only make myself work through all the back bedroom stuff. Then the major problems left in the house would be the family room because of the pool table still being here, and then my sewing room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-yeah i question what I will get done w/ Ds here a month and then Dh's surgery.
    I really have stopped bringing in so much but struggle more w/ dumping due to energy.
    after tax time I will clean the file cabinet again and hopefully not refill it because I have gone paperless w/ most bills so I can just download at the end of the year.
    And I have no desire to add to the kitchen stuff and need to get that I dont need so many of some things w/ 2 of us most of the time and 3 sometimes.
    I have stopped almost 100% adding to the cookbooks
    And tossed some furniture. Spring will be the garage-oof.
    Need to have a room by room confab w/ myself.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW,Hope you feel better after getting some rest. You did all that work before Thanksgiving, remember?
    Are you suppose to be getting that big snow storm tomorrow?
    I forgot about your DH's surgery, oh, man it sounds intensive. I hope he won't be down too long.
    I knew the Puppy would do OK, I can just see the big smile on his face!
    Thats what my old tree was a Mountain King, that was the best tree! I loved it! It killed me to throw it..

SD, you have got to be kidding, that color here looks like a light ocean blue color!! I had no idea it was green, wow the plants will really Pop on it.
    I should have remembered that, you got the light green, But I really think I am having problems with my short term memory..
    What do you mean leaving you in the dust? Look at what you have done today!! Way more than me!! I'm piddling with another trivet... trees still hiding down stairs, waiting to be found. Lazy day... You should take one!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finally stopped long enough to read some posts. My closet is finally dry and I got it cleaned out, which wasn't in my game plan, but it is done. We have had around 8 inches of rain and more coming. Enough is enough. Bought a few gifts today and got all the laundry done. Got the house decorated on the inside Saturday and DH helped me get the tree up today, but I have to buy more lights and then we will decorate it tomorrow. Got a little shopping done for my DS and SIL today. My SIL's condition is up and down. They are doing more tests in the morning. Tomorrow I am going to get my haircut, mail some packages, do a little shopping, go to the doctor(if it isn't at the same time as my hair appointment) A girl has to set her priorities. Will get the tree finished tomorrow night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gb-wow. Everyone has so much energy I am so envious. I am still paying for the cleaning and then Thanksgiving cooking. Still thinking about yor SIL and rooting for a good steady progress.

Pinetree-they overwhelm him but he is a fast learner. He is getting that Yogi is not to be messed w/. That Mike play rough but is fun. And Mackey is a softy. I am learning that this little dog isnt like any I have dealt w/.

SD-I just saw that planned overs thing. I do that all the time and think I over did it this yr. for Thanksgiving.We have mashed potatoes coming out of our ear so I may make mash browns and mash potato soup. I like that expression-planned overs hmm.lol. Still need to do dishes.
    DD's been hiding and hacking in her room since she got off work at 3pm. She denied pizza so she may not feel great.

Dh has to try to get into the dentist and DD needs to be in by 9 a.m. so tomorrow looks busy already. I will prob. end up at moms at noon?
    Well,better scoot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The holes I filled yesterday are shallow, hence why I amn't planning on sanding them. The big ones will need sanding. And FW I don't know whether is plaster or drywall. Its 1959 social housing wall that has ancient insulation that falls off when the walls become wet...

For today:
    1. Tidy up the Laundry.
    2. Do the ironing.
    3. Go to work. (So dreading this).
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

And so the craziness starts. Today:
    1 )Get haircut
    2)Do some online shopping
    3)Iron
    4)Reschedule Dr. appt.
    5) Mail pkgs.
    6)Take book back to library
    7)Work on Christmas cards
    8)Buy a few more Christmas lights
    9)Finish decorating tree when DH gets home

Whew! I'm tired and I haven't even started.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ayanka-I would guess plaster then.
    Gb-take er easy then!lol

Pinetree-our dog is CRAZY!! He is feeling good today AND BOXED up my hand and ripped all over. I still have 2 more weeks of quiet time. Never going to happen but I'll try. He is feisty which is so diff. than the dog I met. I have to call the vet about Hw pills today. Ds is going to love him!!

Going to do lunch at Dmoms. Dh got his tooth bonded so that was less than 1/2 an hr. w/ no shots. Happy man.lol He hates dentists from bad childhood experiences.

Everyone do their thing and have a great Day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, lol about a hair appointment vs doctor appointment! Yes, I've done that too. Good luck with your list today. Still praying for your SIL and her hubby.

fw, are you feeling better today? You've gotten a lot done lately so don't push yourself if you don't feel like it. I finally learned that lesson, probably learned it too well. I would love to have your Mountain King, but it's cheaper to get one here than to travel up to you. lol

SD, that's nice that you and your DH each have an office. Remember, I'm still waiting for a 360 degree video tour of your office space when it's finished. Thanks for recommending C. J. Box---I've already been to the library this a.m. and checked out two more. I think you said they can be read out of sequence but my lingering OCD still makes me want to read in order. I got book #3 and book #4 so I'll have to go back to find #2. But I took what was there.

Raiquee, hope you're having a good day back at school. Yes, get your bachelor's. You'll never regret it.

Ayanka, sorry you have to go back to work today. Prayers that it will be a better day than you expected.

RABBIT, you've been busy!

Nomad, hi, have a good one.

pinetree, I just checked weather.com and saw that the cold and snow are still where you are. Those temps are brutal. Are all the kitties okay? Are YOU okay?

Everybody else, hope you're doing well.

For Monday:

1) Library DONE
    2) Continue with Christmas decorating after getting DH to carry some heavy bins downstairs for me
    3) Review Bible study lesson before class at 6:30
    4) Financial stuff with DH DONE
    5) Menus for the week
    6) Couple of loads of laundry
    7) General reset of downstairs

Have a nice day, ladies.