2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 243
Page 243 of 271 FirstFirst ... 143193233240241242243244245246253 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

To clarify on the bachelors- I have all the coursework done. I just need to do my clinical rotation and my capstone. I took time off to have a few babies and now I have to "test back in" cause I've been out so long.
    P
    SD I'm currently a medical lab tech and I'm going for medical scientist (which is not really a change in my job. In our lab I do the same thing as a MS already. In bigger hospitals it would allow me to be a lead. But it's an extra $6 an hr for doing the same dang thing!) so I do all the testing on blood specimens that are drawn from patients. Lab people contribute 70% of information to a doctor to diagnosis a patient. It's important we do our jobs correctly and we question things for the patients best interest. You will never see a medical scientist in the hospital- we are completely behind the scenes. The people drawing your blood are phlebotomists and do not run testing on the samples. (can you tell I'm proud of what I do? I love my job!)

To do:
    Dinner
    Dishes

Got home at midnight from work and little miss woke up at 330 and stayed up. Ugh. Feeling rotten today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, yep I am doing just fine, feeling really good again, the sun is shining on the snow from yesterday and blinding a person, it is beautiful all sparley and white, there, now it can go somewhere else cause I have had enough!! If you watched the Bronco game last night you saw how it was coming down. How are you doing? Hope all is well...
    The boys are all ok, they have the heat lamp, and all have a little cat house of their own, it has new straw and are made so the wind can't get in.
    DH is out shoveling snow and two of them are out helping him!

FW, Poor little guy, hes just making up for all those weeks he didn't feel good! He's in seventh heaven now! What a cutie!! Maybe he will get the others up and moving, then you will have a house full of puppies!! lol
    Are you feeling better? Take it easy!

SD ,whats up today? Sure wish I could keep up with you! Hey I noticed awhile back you got the bikes winterized, thats got to be a big chunk off your shouders. You can come do DH's office when you're done, it is such a mess, but I don't dare touch it. I would love to see a picture too!!

Gbug, My goodness thats a list. Keeping SIL in my prayers.

Rai, So its you that looks at my blood? Man, I owe my life to you guys, I had so much blood drawn its not funny. Hey, is it true you can tell how many heart attacks a person has had from a bood test? Well you have chosen a field to be proud of! Thank-you!
    Hope you feel better, take it easy, you have alot on your plate!!

Ayanka, Is your wall smooth or have a pattern to it? When you fill a hole, thats what it will look like when painted, I take a damp sponge, and put a pattern into my plaster so that it doesnt come out smooth...You know what, just paint the wall, you can deal with little things later. Hope your job calms down for you.

RABBIT, praying you are better today?

Niko, sending up prayers,, hugs

Hikoo, Hi, saw you lurking around!

Hi to everyone else.

I feel so much better today, back to not sleeping to I must be back to normal, I have to see him Wed, I think, hope he doesnt put me on something else.
    Still no tree, lights, nothing,,, maybe I'll just put lights on one of my fake trees. It would look like Christmas!
    I wanted a wreath and garland, from Home Depot, but never got out there, too much ice on the roads, I would love the smell of pine in here, well, I guess I could go outside and cut a brach off one of mine.....um... no way!!
    I guess I should look and see if theres any deals today. I bought my jars and lids yesterday, so now have 60 more jars to fill next year!! yippee!!
    Trying to find a 8x10 rug, on the cheap side, my cats like to scratch on one of them, so dont want to put alot money into it. I would rather have them on a rug I can replace, then doing my furniture!! It would help if I didn't put catnip on it too!

My list
    the tree?
    run dishwasher
    load of laundry
    check sales
    find dinner
    get deposit ready
    enjoy the warm sun coming thru the windows and melting the snow.....

Have a wonderful day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree) man the things you can learn from blood. Yes, that's somewhat true. We can tell by a blood sample when you had a heart attack and when it's over via blood testing. We do more than just blood- we test urine, body fluids, tissue from surgery, biopsys, bone marrows for leukemia-etc. I primarily work in The department that checks people's blood type and finds compatible blood for them in case of trauma, anemia or bleeding in surgery. I'm the head of that department so I do a lot of training and such.

Which is why I deserve more money to finish my Bachelors lol!

I have done NOTHING today. And I'm ok with it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Woke up not feeling right, Dh was on his way to work and I asked him to come home. I wasn't sure if I was going to end up in the ER. By the time he got back I was starting to feel a little better so he stayed with me until I could call my doctor. She wasn't in the office today but the other doctor at the office told me to come in tomorrow. I told DH to go to work and I would just take it easy today. (which is hard for me!) I did a load of laundry, wiped down the counters and put together DH's lunch for tomorrow. That was my whole day! I did get some reading in which is always good.

Hoping that tomorrow they can get my medications adjusted so I can start to feel better.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Guess I'll work my way backwards here today. LOL.

Raiquee, that was fascinating, learning about your job! I had no idea. Thanks for all you do. I hope it doesn't take you long to finish your degree. Yes, you do deserve more pay!

Pinetree, it's been busy today. Lots of piddly stuff, which I hate. I washed a rack of dishes and loaded the dishwasher and ran that, too. There are still about four dirty dishes left, but it's a huge improvement in the kitchen at least.

Then I went out to the cabin and filled a feeder with the expensive bird food mix we bought half price last week that they won't eat at the house. For some reason, the chickadees can't get enough of it at the cabin. I also added some chain to two feeders that were hanging too high, so that's done. Can't have our little woodland friends being unhappy, after all.

After messing with the feeders and putting out one I should have taken in after work so the deer don't get it, I sat down and reviewed a few thousand words on the novel, since I haven't looked at it since 11/5. Then I wrote 1,200 or so words which is less than half what I should have, but I still had to deal with some of the crapola stacked on the pool table.

I cherry-picked some of the stuff off the pool table to put away, boxes without much in them that I could combine, bigger stuff, etc, so I can get some traction by making it look like I'm making more progress than I actually am. But I did go through a large tote full of stationery and cards from the secretary, and purged about 90% by recycling or donating. I also went through a good-sized tote of pet toys and collars and stuff and tossed most of that. Then I attacked the three containers Husby has been shoving household info into. I'm annoyed now. He's worse than my mom! I've had this stuff all sorted for years, I thought, but he's thoroughly messed it up. He's also been saving packaging from stuff like hand tools, in case there might be info he needs. He doesn't, so I dumped all that in recycle, along with a ton of warranty cards and owner's manuals for stuff we don't own anymore. That filled a good-sized box and it seemed to take forever to get through it all. I'm working on getting that done as much as I can by Wednesday night, because he's taking recycle stuff on Thursday. I hope I got it all now. I have one box ready for GW, one box in my office ready to go, and two more boxes almost full, so I should be able to finish those off pretty soon and he can drop those off, too. At any rate, it's progress. That's all I can ask for. I just hope it goes fast because I hate that kind of sorting. It's just so tedious.

ILC, Husby and I don't share an office space very well. To give you a clue how he is when he works, it's not unusual for him to listen to music on headphones while watching a TV show and reading a book or working on the computer. It's insane! I need peace and quiet or I can't think. Us sharing a computer is an even bigger nightmare. He'll have twenty sessions open at once and multiple videos running at the same time, and then wonder why his computer slows down and doesn't work right, not to mention the sites he likes (sports, celebrities, pro wrestling, stuff like that) are magnets for malware and bad things, so he's always fixing some kind of problem because of something showing up that shouldn't. It was torture when we shared this laptop for a couple months last year (or was it the year before?) after my laptop died. Nope, it has to be individual computers for us. Fine by me.

IMO, while all the Pickett books can stand alone, it's better to read them in order. Otherwise, you can't keep track of how old the kids are and there are references to things that happened in prior books, too. It's not horrible to read them out of order but I like them better in order. Wait till you get to the one that opens with an exploding cow.

I do plan to take pics of the offices but neither one is ready for their close-up yet. Getting closer, though.

Ayanka, hugs about the work. I hope things calm down for you there so it's not so difficult for you.

FW, I think I read you can freeze mashed potatoes.

GB, sure hope your SIL gets better and stays better soon. That up and down thing has to be hard on everyone.

Pinetree again, I do plan to take a lazy day before too long. I need one!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, yes I think it is plaster.

Pinetree, stop worrying about the wall. I got the very thick levis paint, so it will hide the remaining unevenness. Honestly the rest of the house is so much more work that if something ends up less than ideal, I ll or put the buffetkast there or put a poster over it. I still have holes of over 2 feet to fill in the same room and the electrician who needs to put the wiring in the wall. This is just temporary fixing so I don't have to look at this mess for another couple of months.

And before anyone decides to kick me off the board for buying levis it was on sale, cheaper per square meter than the other one on sale and the last cheap paint I bought was so bad I left it in the basement of the apartment building aka the paint cemetery.

Work today wasn't too bad. Apparently they didn't decide to fire me and nobody yelled at me, so that's always a plus. Sadly though, my colleague hurt his leg when falling of the steps while painting (he is moving to an apartment approx 10 minutes from here). One of my other colleagues ran into a parked truck down the street from work, yes he is more or less ok. One of my bosses quit, because of my big boss' behavior. So it was a bit of a day. However tomorrow my labco is back, which means I have the big boss of my back, hopefully at least, because that is the person that quit. So today was fine, tomorrow probably will be okay, but the future is not looking too well at work. As my other labco is trying to get pregnant it would be a full year out for her, hence it would mean the only person left to coordinate is our supervisor, who is the big bad wolf uh boss...
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OMG, RABBIT Did you take your blood pressure this morning? was it really low? Oh, gosh, Ok, I will worry until you get home from the DR. If you have any pains in your chest, arms or your back and you cant quite catch your breath, get in asap. I didn't have any heart attack symptoms, but my back hurt and I couldn't get ahole of my breath. Praying for you. Take it easy, and thats about what I do everyday, its alot somedays!! take care, hugs.

Rai, yes, you should get paid a whole lot more for that! It's amazing what you can tell from blood, I always thought they were crazy!! Thank you again!
    Yep, you havent done anything either? um, how many babies you got running around? Thats a job in its self!! Take a day off, you deserve it, looks like you are going to really be busy in the coming weeks!

SD. Your house must be looking empty, you keep taking things out and to GW, bet its looking good!!
    My birds have been eating grapes for awhile, I can't keep them from getting wrinkley, so they eat them. They aren't too picky, I don't feed seed anymore, I had too many hawks using this as a dinner plate. So they get fruit here and go elsewhere for seed. Its sad but I can't stand watching them eating and playing then all of a sudden a bird is flying off with them. I went out about 5 years ago a hawk had a small sparrow trapped along the house, I had a piece of 18 inch fence leaned up along the house, the poor sparrow was smashed into the foundation trying to stay back from him, man I grabbed a piece of something and me and that red tail were going to have it out. The bird won, he flew off and the little one died anyway from the holes from the talons, Man was I ticked off, thats when the wild life santuary told me to stop feeding, that broke my heart too. So you feed them and enjoy them in your window. I even made a brush pile for them, but the hawks would just sit on top of them. Then we have an eagle nest about a 200 feet from us, its kinda cool watching the little ones and then they love to fly and soar when the winds blowing, I can't believe they get that high!

Well I have 5 things done, and the tree might make an apperance tonight, maybe... Well, the sun wasn't strong enough today we still have a bunch of snow on the ground, hopefully will be gone by wed. when I have to go to town.
    I need to find something for dinner, nothing sounds good.

Ayanka, I'm not worried about your wall I was just trying to help, all my walls are plaster.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Finally at the end.lol My head is a blur.
    I spent the day w/ Dmom. We ate at 5 guys burgers. She bought- so nice treat. Everything overwhelms her though. Too many people,music too loud. she spends too much time in her little house.
    Then I took her to the S.A. I have to laugh,she gets so easily distracted. I took me 15 min. to get her to the pants. When I came back after about 15 min. in housewares and Christmas she has 20? pairs of pants in the cart to try on. She ended up spending about $18. for about 7 pairs. they run .99-$1.99 in her style and size. I of course spent $39. on 3 cookbooks (I know SD) several towels 1/2 off for the dogs feet,3 Christmas elves and a few other bit and bobs incl. a fish flannel sheet for Ds when he comes. She wears me out as i have to yell. She was fussing about dust of her socks at the dressing room. Our S.A. has a demanding turn over and cleaning is very secondary at times. Those people are hustling carts all the time. I found a shark HALLOWEEN costume for Hunter I left behind $3.99 but just a med.-he's long.

Hunter was a bad boy to Dh the last 2 nights when he went to take him back up.The dogs were not happy he growled and snapped at the Dad. Mikey growled him. Hunter is willful and needs some work. I scolded him and took him up myself. He is imprinted too heavily on me. All in all he fits in. He just hangs like he's always been here. Whaty would life be w/o chaos.

Rai-good to hear. I was wondering how you would do school w/ so many other pulls on your time. I am blood phobic in these days but i applaud you. Win you eventually be involved in genetic testing?

Ayanka-your job sounds like a bug bunny cartoon. Lots of antics. Hope your doing ok.

Sd-wtg on the continued clearage. Hopefully tomorrow I can get some things accomplished so I can do the rescue Wed. w/ a clear mind. freezer comes the 7th but I may not get everything cleared by then. Dh is like that. Petting the dog,talking on the phone,watching personal movie,reveiwing e-mails and answering them,microwaving soup,w/ 3 other screens going. I hate going in there. Oh and its like 90 degrees!!

Rabbit-let us know. Sounds Dr. worthy. PS.-slow down.---please?
    Pinetree-no 110# puppies nope My tree will cut gotten next weekend. DH bailed on the lights for a day w/ the guys.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ilc-IDK it might be worth it to get some peaches even canned. lol
    I'm bailing,so beat. Hugs to all I missed like GB.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, got everything done except ornaments on the tree. Hopefully will finish up tomorrow. It's still raining a bit here and it is certainly messing with my head. I have felt off all day. Bedtime will be early tonight for sure.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree,thanks for the concern. I was just a bit agitated from work, so please don't take it personally.

FW: sometimes I manage to laugh with it, but if you ever see a tv series about a complete insane lab, double check if I found the time to write it into a scenario.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ayanka-most work is better tv than a scripted show. And if you find a way to cash in pelase give me tips because you know its pretty goofy here. I was just listening to a weird chewing sound thinking our squirrel was back when I realized Dh's dog is just clearing the newly filled cat bowls.sigh.

need to clean today seeing dh and Dd will be gone. And tomorrow I will be gone.
    Good days at the rescue recently. A cat we had 3 1/2 yrs entered the senior cat to senior paring program. How the heck can a cat be passed over for 3.5 years!
    We have pictures of her on beds and sitting w/ the older gentleman. I hope shes happy.

Dmom has been bugging. They are totally redoing the house next door so I asked if she could peek in. He let her in to see the kitchen and the redone living room. She was in nosy heaven. Shes like why did you do that while she knocks me over walking in! hahaha!

Supposed to meet up w/ a lady to pick up a device to help get loads out of trucks. It is NIP and shes taking $70. for a $120. unit. I forgot the brand but Dh is grilling me. Don't know why I mention these things.
    Better get going on the DW.

Everyone have a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka--Theatre directors have nothing but crazy days. It goes with the territory. Hang in there.
    FW2--Take care of all the fur babies and your mom. lol

I'm taking some medical equipment to the church to put in their med closet for those in need and then on to a mystery shop. I've got to pick up some freezer bags so I can cook down the pumpkins for the freezer. Going to stop by Bath and Body Works and get my freebie today and then hit Kohl's to see if they have anything on sale and cheap with my discount for gifts. Later DH is going to help me put ornaments on the tree and it will finally be finished. It is still cloudy and gloomy here. Suppose to see sun today, but I don't know where. Have a great day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good Morning ALL!

I did end up taking Sunday easy. Yesterday though I managed to be go, go, go. I got the lights on the tree (which is a very long process as I like a lot of them), got DS#2s birthday shopping done and some Christmas shopping out of the way. I also managed to get the routine hose work done with a little extra AND managed and some point, thenkfully in the house, have the stone fall out of my engagement ring. We spent quite a bit of time looking for that but it has not turned up yet. I was pretty down after that. I'm just going to try and have faith and hope it turns up.

ILC- At some point the trees go. Every year when we put up ours there are so many green tines on the floor we are all amazed that there is still a tree. DS#1 commented again this year as he vacuumed after putting it together “How is it still alive”. We’re going to have to break down soon as well. I figure we’ve only got a couple of years left.

Pinetree – Fake ham…oh my…I don’t envy that. They definitely are salty though so I can see why that would be a problem.

Ayanka –Hope work gets better for you. I go back in the morning and I can’t even begin to explain how often I fantasize about just not going back.

Rabbit- Be safe, and go to the ER if you need to.

As for today I've already muscled through a long upper body work-out, took care of dishes, three loads of laundry and swept up the bathroom. It's time to close out November on our spreadsheet, swap out my sandles for boots in my closet, and condense all the fridge leftovers. Then I think I'll veg as it's back to the grind tomorrow.

Be well all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, it sounds like you had a bit of a break at work. I'm sorry your boss is such a pain.

Pinetree, the house isn't looking empty yet. It was so over-stuffed to begin with. We didn't even realize how bad it was until now when we're finding we actually have logical places to put things for a change. We're getting there, slowly. Actually it seems to be speeding up, because there are less and less projects that are half done because we're finally getting all the parts in one place so things can be completed, and the tools organized so we can get things done faster due to not having to search for the dang tools. And stuff isn't being stacked or boxed and then stacked because there's no place to put them away. We've carved out so many designated storage areas now that most things have a place to be put away as soon as we lay hands on them. We're not there yet but getting much, much closer. We both like it, so that helps. And for a change, we're both motivated at the same time. It's amazing what a difference that's made. I'm glad now Husby blew up his office. Getting that in order has made a huge difference in what he's been willing to do and how hard he's willing to work on things, and how much more willing he is to purge things he'd have never parted with before.

What a horrible experience for you with the hawk! It's just natural behavior, but still it's hard to see it up close and personal. Like when Sota ate the little bird in our living room. I couldn't even smack him with a 2x4! I couldn't even really yell at him very much. He's just doing what predators have been conditioned to do forever. It's still hard to witness it. It would be hard for us to give up feeding our birds so I hope it doesn't come to that, now that we've cut so many trees. I have lots of trees around the cabin though, so should always be able to feed them there, at least on the east side.

FW, keep going on the purging. It'll pay off eventually. We've been at it for years, off and on, more on than off the past couple years. For us it's included some large projects though, like rebuilding the back steps and ramp and building the big deck. Things like that have taken lots of time that we didn't use to purge. It's getting to the point lately where we don't even want to go to GW, because we don't want to add back more clutter, and when we do go, we buy very little.

We've put our garage on the spring schedule here. It's one reason we want the house pretty much done by then. We've done a lot of work out there, but now we're talking about making some major changes so things will function better, and we need to get the ceiling installed and insulated before the weather gets too hot to work up in the rafters. I can't wait to get on with that project, too.

GB, hope you got a good night's sleep! And that your weather clears up. We're under a winter storm watch today and tonight, which would be our first storm of the year.

Nomad, sounds like you're getting things done. I bet your tree is extra pretty with all the lights.

Today I've gotten a few things done again. I sorted all the spare gaming stuff and dumped the extra Sega since we sold all the other Sega gear on our sale, recycled a bunch of the instruction manuals for games we don't have, tossed a bunch of game cartridges nobody wants, and kept some of the manuals and guides that I'll have to find a space for somewhere. There's not much left though.

I ran a big box of canning jars through the dishwasher and will donate most of them. I sorted out more pint jars to donate to make room in the cabinet for the jars I want to keep. It'll be good to have that all put away, finally. So far I have almost two boxes of jars ready to go to GW and will probably have a couple more once I empty the dishwasher.

I decided to call the sauerkraut done so I packed that into eleven pint jars and froze ten, then cleaned up the crock and all the other stuff from that project. It's nice to have that big crock off the kitchen island.

I'm not sure how many more boxes I got sorted, but over half the pool table is cleared off now. It shouldn't take long to finish it up. Of course, there's stuff stacked around the table, too, and in front of the stereo cabinet, and on top the stereo cabinet. Ugh. But the back bedroom floor is still clear except for the stack of boxes we're using for sorting, which will be purged when we're done. There's room now for the glider rocker to be brought in so I can start painting that. Can't wait to get that done. It should be a fun project so I might finish with the mess in the entire family room before I start, and then take some time off to do the chair. Finishing that would get me an easy chair in my office, which I would like to have from time to time. I also need to reassemble a glass door for the single secretary my mom gave us when she moved out of her house over two years ago. Our driveway was so rough, the door fell apart when we drove up the hill with the secretary in the back of our truck. I still can't believe that hundred-year-old glass didn't break. But we're going to use that secretary for storing craft stuff, mostly cross stitch supplies. It needs to be sorted, purged, and organized, too, after the door is fixed.

Purging the pool table/back bedroom stuff is going a lot faster than I thought it would. I realized as I looked through the boxes that most of it was already sorted to some extent. I was working my way through it when we had to pick up the place for our company in August. It all got shoved in the back bedroom. I'm very happy about that because it's making things so much easier than starting from scratch. I'm also suddenly optimistic that August was the last time we'll ever have to shuffle crapola around in order to make the house somewhat presentable. I always hate it that it takes so long to get the house in order before we can go on vacation or do anything, and then it takes so long to get things unstacked so we can find stuff again. I'm sick of living like that, and that makes it so much easier to let the excess go. Next time we go on vacation, I'm looking forward to prepping for the vacation in about two days, and not having to do much of anything to the house to get it ready for our house sitter. I'm also looking forward to being able to clean without spending half the day picking up first.

Oh, yea, PROGRESS!!!