2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 247
Page 247 of 271 FirstFirst ... 147197237244245246247248249250257 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, it's a whiskey jack, which is in the jay family. They have the same colors as a chickadee. I love them. They don't come around as much as the blue jays, so I'm not sure if they're always here or if we only see them when the migrate.

Rabbit, I love it every time you say how easy your house is to clean now. It makes me hopeful for my own house!

People are crazy and cruel to think a short-haired dog can be comfortable in cold weather. I hate to even see huskies out in it even though they're genetically engineered for it. Ours sure have it rough, sleeping on the bed on cold winter nights!

Our cats are unhappy because we can't use the gas fireplace this year. We're afraid Sugar would fall against it and get burned because she has so much trouble getting up. They always want to be two inches away from that, too. I kept waiting for them to burst into flame. They're miffed now because we put the new Dish receiver in the TV cabinet. It used to be a on a table and they could lay on it. Poor things, all their warm spaces are disappearing. They've had to resort to laying up by the ceiling in the cat loft or over the furnace duct in the living room floor.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-cool birds and that isnt what our jays look like either. We have wrens,sparrows,killdeer,black capped chickadees,nuthatches,the little black/white woodpeckers,red tail hawks,last year a turkey buzzard,ducks,grackles-cat birds,starlings,doves,occasionally a pigeon,the big loud aggressive blue jays,crows,and owl last year,an occasional turkey you hear,cardinals,yellow finches,house finches and the very rare hummingbird.

Pinetree-I am currently very frustrated w/ Dmom. She still hasnt put the application in. "She has to do things her own way". She needs to give a financial
    statement about earning more than 13,000 a year so it involves interest from stcoks and her bank acct. so she is all involved in what she will and wont do like a willful child. I'm getting Dbro involved. I have no patience. She doesnt know how anything works (its a few photo copies of her ID and SS card at a corner drug store) and I just want to yell at her right now. She can find every excuse in the book to be blocked from action. I dont need to get involved. Dbro will get it done. I am overwhelmed w/ real stuff not fake issues, I get angry w/ her and feel guilty.
    So about Hunter (Hunty lately). He spends a lot of time running all over the house checking everything out and sniffy sniff sniffing. He is right in there w/ the other dogs learning and copying. He stands on his hind legs to beg and is strong.
    He likes to sit under my chair when I'm on the computer and in Dh's lap when we watch TV. I took him out w/ the big dogs in the back. He goes out after they settle and only on a leash. I dont trust him to not get loose. We are fenced by 2-6 ft. and 2-4ft. but he is a quick digger. He likes to billy goat on anything. Ican tell he is a dog now and not a sick project because I have reprimanded him a few times today for jumping on end tables. He got super excited when I was getting dinner,hes a very quick study. Almost all the cats love him already (chocolate kisses him) and the dogs are settling him into the "pack" quickly. Mackey is protective to please me,Yogi is tolerant to a point,MIkey is a mook and still plays too rough but is trying.
    I cant remember if I said but Hunter growled Yogi down last night and chased him around the circle downstairs. I bit my laughter down. Yogi started something again and all the dogs banded and stood against Yogi because he was growling me. There was no fight just a clear NOPE message. W/ DH gone all day Yogi is much more sedate anyway.

Been fighting the winter blues all day. Got my groc. list together and found I had set my keys on the van seat w/ DH gone w/ the other set I stayed home. No chili cuz' no green peppers. Stepped in doggy do for the second day in a row. NO serious issues just THAT DAY. Forget doing anything. I took a nap as I stayed up too late anyway last night. dmom being awnry was the icing. I made Stove top and hot dogs for dinner. I am feeling guilty w/ DH traveling 2 hrs. to get home 1/2 the time.

ILC=somewhere around the 15th? Still need to spruce and downright scrub the bedroom for him. Bought a new comforter. Want to get sheet washed and a new blanket. Plus no blinds in that room so I may find 2 red plaid lap blankets or something. I wont buy blinds until we remodel it. And stray animals stop living there.lol

Pinetree-she has her meds set by the cardiologist. She goes in the hosp. and some one takes her off some. The kidney dr, will put her back on one. Then the cardiologist resets. Her pacemaker is working but didnt go off so her heart wasnt stopped or off enough. Moral of that story take your meds dont make your own judgements. shes at the point where she is making judgements that are dumb but she thinks they are good. LIke raking her yard. The cardiologist says she can rake for an hr. so she does 7 hrs and goes out the next day. My frustration is she can hire someone easily but that turns into a big process too. She will call 1 person at a time and wait days for a return call. Now we will do snow. She already called a scam place who want money up front for so many plows but the sidewalks and additonal plows are expensive. I say no she isnt sure. Dbro says no its no. Scream. Not in a tolerant mood tonight-sorry.

On an up note. DD likes this new guy. He gets along w/ his family,wont let her pay on a date,is in school for a career,lives on a farm and has 2 pygmy goats he raised for 4-H in high school,his family is military and he lived in Japan 4 yrs. (remember she speaks and loves Japan),he works w/ metal and she makes jewelry (they were forging together this weekend),he or his family arent into drugs.he is the blacksmith at the Renaissance Festival, She said he is kind and gentle. I teased her he looks like "meatloaf" the entertainer from the 70's. She told him and he laughed. She said he has fantastic hair and he is Italian. He is 6'2" and about 300# of muscle. She got sassy as she does and he picked her up and moved her. His whole family likes her incl. the grandpa. The draw backs are he lives an hr. away and scheduling w/ the work,farm and school is hard. This one sounds good you guys. Fingers crossed. He doesnt want kids though and neither does she. Waghhhh! But she shouldnt have them anyway.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello!

This weekend if the first weekend I will have with DH in a month! He might have to work Saturday, but Sunday will be ours!

Not sure what to do tmw.
    Dinner
    Figure out what I'm buying everyone
    Upload prints I want printed to walgreens
    Enjoy my weekend off with my family!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-Oh dont even start me on that subject. I have idiot people laughing at Mackey in his coat. IDC what you say people big isnt the same as a fat layer or thick fur. They think I am making a fashion statement or that its so silly or so cute. Mackey is smart and wont wear it if they say that. Believe me,I didnt pay $40. for a rain proof insulated coat for him for fun. You try finding one for him. He almost had to go to a horse cover used. And those were running over $50. His coat is so long that on top of the strap at the middle we have elastic that goes around his legs to keep it in place. I dont put it on in the back for a short potty break but he has to have it for longer winter walks. (glad I didnt get started!lol).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Top of the Morning Everyone!

Once again it's been a few days. DS's birthday was Wed. We didn't do too much as he had tons of homework and we're going to do his and DH's birthday dinner tonight. (Dh's birthday was yesterday.) played a catch up at work and then manned our staff party last night so it's been busy in general.

Pinetree- What WONDEFUL news you got!!! ...and what a great tip with the nylon over the end of the vacuum. I’ve been going through the stuff it’s collected by hand on a garbage bag.

Rabbit – Glad things worked out ok with your blood pressure.

SD- What a horrible dentist experience. I would be looking for a new dentist.

GB-So sorry about your SIL. I am thinking of you and your family.

FW- Your DD’s new squeeze is 6’2 and Italian? I didn’t think we got that tall LOL (Although I guess my youngest could say the same as he’s 6’3 but he’s pretty diluted. )

Still haven't found the stone to my ring but I haven't given up!

For today:
    - attempt to do a short run (I am soooo NOT motivated this morning.)
    - hit the grocery for a couple of things
    - general straightening
    - get the rest of the decorations on the tree ( I feel like we've had a half done tree up forever)
    - cook birthday dinner for DH and DS and enjoy the evening with them and my parents

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Root) haha, my grandpa is straight from Sicily and he was 6'3". No joke. He was super tall. The rest of us aren't tho.

Hubby had to go into work. I couldn't let him just dump that overtime. He tried to talk me out of it. I wanted him to stay home! He had to stay home yesterday cause our sitter was puking, so he's short a day. He was going to have 8 hours of OT after working Friday. So it's not like the check woulda been short but we'd miss all that lovely overtime. I digress.

Dinner tonight is going to be salmon- with some rice and something else lol
    Get the christmas tree
    Do st nick stockings (I love this!!)

I should prolly do dishes...DH did a bunch yesterday...wondering if they could just wait til Thursday

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

TRN-your the hostess w/ the mostest this week. Happy birthday to all.
    SD-my cats have their own private space heater on the wall and they gripe to me if the wind makes it go out.They all sit around it at night like a town hall meeting. When the electric goes out in a storm we all love it.
    I got rid of the cats recliner and the next target is Mackeys couch.

Going to Aldis and then getting the tree. It will be outside all day while I dust and polish to limit the toxins it takes in and to give me a chance to mop.
    Everyone have a good day. Promised Dh eggs.

Pinetree-(for you) Dog train- Mackey 110# closely followed by Hunty (24#) and Mikey 94#. Up the stairs we go Yogi is already sleeping w/ DH. Train car Hunty goes to sleep w/ DH and the other 2 w/ me. Like a robot procession. Mackey is coming to get the tree today I think. Its foggy and frozen but not too cold w/ no snow. And yes he will wear his coat and have a peanut butter sandwich in the van.
    Rabbit-I cant believe how fast they all accepted each other. Yogi has settled. I had to laugh because Hunter hopped on Dh's lap and later Mikey and yogi had to too. So picture this wing back chair w/ dh whose ample enough (although props he lost 30# recently)and then a 93# Mikey. I am wwatching the legs wobble and thinking about bolts breaking.

Well today looks better. Fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, SIL passed away peacefully last night. It will be up to ten days before they will release her body since they will have to do an autopsy because she was removed from life support. DH and I are going to get the outside lights and decorations up today since it will be in the 60s. I don't feel so chipper, but I'm not telling him. lol Got some stuffed acorn squash ready to cook for lunch, so maybe that will entice him to get it done quicker. Still haven't shelled the pecans yet. I will do a little each night while watching tv. Sounds like everyone is busy these days. I love the holidays, but I love the new year more when things settle down. Have a blessed day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, I'm picturing your DH and dogs in that chair! Happens here too! Your DH is down 30 pounds? Fantastic! Sorry your mom is the way she is lately---frustrating, I know. But to old people even the littlest chore can seem so massive. It probably will happen to us someday too.

Your DD's new guy sounds perfect! When you described him as like Meatloaf I almost snorted my tea out my nose.

Raiquee, enjoy Sunday with your DH!

Nomad, have a fun birthday celebration. Hope that stone turns up soon.

SD, I can understand why you're worn out----it's because of everything you've accomplished this year.

Bernice, all that paperwork is done! Way to go! That is a huge accomplishment.

RABBIT, hope the blood pressure issue improves. Good luck with the ultrasound, and keep us posted.

pinetree, DS decided not to come till next week sometime which is okay with me. He wants to spend as much time as he can in his apartment before he moves back home and I think he should. It was hard on me, moving back home after college, and I lived in a dorm instead of a nice apartment. And it wasn't Atlanta which is a really cool place.

I saw that your weather is supposed to be somewhat warmer this week. We have lots of sun and highs in the 60s till next weekend, I think. DH is using the pretty days to paint the front of the house. He hates doing it but it sure is looking better.

I didn't get the exercise bike moved yesterday but today that's gonna happen. And I think I'm moving one of my club chairs currently in the breakfast room to DS's room to make room for the desk that has to be moved from the den to make room for the exercise bike. Haven't settled on all of the logistics yet.

For Saturday:

1) Move exercise bike and desk
    2) Possibly move chair
    3) Reset den and get empty boxes out to trash
    4) Stay current on Bible study homework
    5) Plan menus for next few days
    6) Address some Christmas cards
    7) Gather more donation items

Have a lovely day, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, I'm so sorry. Try to rest when you can.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

morning! I felt a bit Irish after reading nomads!! (Close I'm welch)

Gbug, I am SO sorry. Take care of your self and try to get some rest. Hugs

ILC, LOL I can just picture you snorting tea out of your nose oh haha, giggle thats so funny, I must be in one of those moods!!! Sorry, still laughing!!
    I can undersand about your DS, thats going to be hard, moving back home after being out my yourself. hugs...
    We have snow coming in this afternnon, moving out tonight and 60+ tommorrow!! The entire state is putting up their outside lights tomorrow!!

FW, OMG!! I have got to see what these puppies look like!! That has got to be so funny watching them run the house like elephants!! I didn't realize they were all 100 lb. dogs!! That poor puppy!! They are going to treat him like a puppy, hes so small! I am SO happy they all love him and all of them are spoiled!!
    When My Dad was really sick, his cancer Dr. told me that I will never understand, until I get old, that a persons home is the entire world to them, it is their safe spot to go, it has their memories, their bed, their pictures, their life. thats why aot of them want to die at home. My Dad felt that way, even tho he would have been alot better off somewhere else , he would not move. I was to respect the way he felt, and by George I really know what he was talking about now, when I was in the hospital, all I wanted was to go home to something familar, my bed, my couch, my bathroom. Your Mom has all her life in that house, its asking alot for her to move, now if your Dad was there it would be alot easier for Both of them to go. Try not to get mad at her, I really think she's having a really hard time leaving, specially with out your Dad. She's lost, and afraid to move, it will mess everything up and she will be alone. Hugs!
    As for the Meds I would thnk the Cardio man has the say, but been there done that and if theres questions now I all my Dr. Hero cardio, and ask. Usually my other one wins out, Cardio guy I thnk just cares my heart is OK. You will have to find out.
    Have a great time getting your tree!! I gave up on them years ago, I got tired of all the needles and sap. But a real one sure smells and looks alot better!

Rai, enjoy your time with DH, and a wonderful time doing stockings!! ( forget the dishes!)

Nomad, boy I sure hope you find that stone!! Vacuum the whole house and yard!!
    Happy Birthday to your DS and DH. Oh my, Birthday cake !!! and Thanks! I am feeling so darn good now, I feel like I am busting at the seams!!! LIfe is good!!

SD, well its too bad I can't get the pretty birds, my jays are so mean! DH was trying to help a baby get back up in a tree, so the cats wouldn't eat him and Squeekers ( the blue jay) kept hitting him in the head with his beak, DH was yelling, squeekers was squacking, and the baby was screaming at the top of his lungs, DH finally came in and got his hard hat,and got the little one back up! It really was funny, but those birds have Big tempers!

RABBIT, did you find out anything? I asked the girl if there was anything I needed to worry about and she told me she didn't see anything, which made me feel so much better until I talked to the Dr. I was so scared when I went in I almost had a heart attack there!
    Praying your tests show nothing. Hugs

Bernice, keep up the good work!!

This is such a fun day!! Except for Gbugs sad news.
    going to the kids house to see new corals and help smoke the pork, yep pulled pork for dinner!! YIpppeee!!!

The butcher has a piece of pork for me, it will be in the store Monday, I can't wait! It weight 22 lbs, and he said he will cut it up for us, Then he told DH that hes trying to get a gadget to fit on his machine to make hotdogs and breakfast sausage!! He see's there alot of us that can't have salt, so hes going to try and help!! Oh God bless Him!!! I didn't think I would be able to eat any of those again!! Boy, the world is just an amazing place to me lately!! Wow, I'm happy about eating a hotdog!!! hip hip hooray!!!

today
    I just dont know, help with dinner
    talk to the kids
    pick up where needed

have a wonderful Saturday!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, glad to hear is was peaceful but still so sad. Hugs......

Well the play practice was very disorganized so I hope it's better next Saturday because the play is next Sunday. We shall see. I have another load of laundry to do and vacuum the house before we leave to meet friends tonight. Hopefully I'll get it done so I won't have to add it to tomorrows list. Have a great night everyone.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2015 To-Do Challenge-img_0209.jpg

fw - glad that I'm not the only one putting sweater/coats on my dogs! The only one is my house who doesn't wear one is Skid (Border Collie) and he doesn't really need one. This is Gobie, in his monkey sweater. I get people practically rolling their eyes when they see a Pitbull in a coat. She has no fur!!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-OMGoodness! It would have to be a Sock Monkey sweater. Those sock monkeys just creep me out. My family laughs and laughs at me. But if I had a nightmare involving a stuffed anything-that would be it.lol And yeah,Huntie has 3 coats now w/ a posibility of 4 if another one I found in the house washes nice. He has a tigger costume,red plaid,yellow.black bumble bee stripes, and I found Yogi's old rust quilted one he wore for 5 sec. before he grew. Crazy is as crazy does?? Love that picture. So how many are yours and how many foster?
    Sorry the play rehearsal tanked.

Gb-I cant tell you how sorry I am. Never easy to say goodbye but around the holiday is so much harder. Prayer sent up for your family.

Pinetree-everything you said is right on but the house is a sick house and its making her sicker. She is by herself way too often and so many things can happen when your almost 83. I am telling her stories about her life now like she wasnt there. IDK if she'll ever get out of there. Never had cable or a dishwasher but worse never had a best friend to share and gossip w/. She should be people her own age who get the things she's experiencing. Her neighborhood is scary. Too large unlighted yards w/ many empty houses and no street light. She needs access to movies and fun activities. I havent pushed her until now. I backed my SIL off as she wanted to sort moms clothes after the funeral. HER CLOTHES!!
    It's just time now. Dmom has always lacked confidence,faith in her judgement,Ability to see she isnt bugging people. She had to quit high school at 16 and never had a sibling. W/ a drunk step father who is abusive she never had LT friends so I would love that for her. Anyway,I dont stay mad at her. We already moved on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-fingers crossed they all seem good at 1st. I feel diff about it this time. I hope she finds someone soon to stay w/. She said this guy has a plan and actual Savings! lol I am going to facebook stalk him soonest lol.
    And yes. the poor chair. But I stand corrected he has lost 40#. Yeah and uggH!
    He needs to for his surgery in Jan.

Hey Pinetree I am cornish (redruth) and supposedly Welsh. Something like Hendre/Hendra?? last name no 1st name known on my Ddads moms side. I think her mom?? Foggy info. at best. I think I will google the origin. of that name just for fun.