2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 248
Page 248 of 271 FirstFirst ... 148198238245246247248249250251258 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bug, I am sorry about your SIL

Rabbit- I love that sweater!

I should probably put one on Buddy, he's a Cavalier King Charles spaniel with a thick flowing coat that I have shaved because we have perennial pricker weeds that will not die and they get wrapped in his fur and hurt. But he goes out shaved at night and if you let him, he'd stay out there an hour so he must be ok with the cold.

I got my month's worth of laundry well under way. And all the guest generated laundry.

Dmom who has been confused as a bedbug pretty much since Thanksgiving and sleeping constantly, perked up yesterday, I had thought we reached a new level of decline that would be her new normal. She was so good today, she went to the play at the small rep theatre we subscribe to as birthday gifts to each other! I truly thought her going out days were totally done on Thurs. She perked up Fri and then today when I mentioned the play she was all for it! feels like a little miracle.

I was hoping to drive but I know that is still not the responsible choice just because a day starts out good. An hour later I can be face planting. But it sure would help this household if I could drive a bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bernice-good to hear about your Dmom. Yeah,driving prob not so much? esp. in the crazies holiday traffic? Coats at Target online pretty cheap. I paid like $10. for a quilted one 2 years ago. Going to reuse it on the new dog.

Pinetree-our man Hunty is enjoying the heck out of the small space heater. Looks lie dogpatch around here again. I am so upset. The doxie mix they just adopted bolted. So she is at large in this weather. I was just petting her Wed. Prayers go out. Those poor people must feel awful. Not to mention $200. poorer.
    Got to git. Tree today after lunch. Still a bit weak.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw - (clear your inbox ) I have 4 dogs, no fosters. Have fostered in the past but I think that might be behind me now, mine are enough to deal with. Hope they have that doxie plastered all over Facebook and find him soon.

DH and I are going to take Beastie and Gobie to the park later and then catch up on some recorded tv programs. Nice lazy day.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, so sorry about the little doxie---here's hoping he's found soon. Yes, your mom needs to move, but at her age she's going to be highly resistant, as you know. Much luck!

RABBIT, cute pic of that doggie. Our dog Maisie (Best.Dog.Ever.) had a red sweater that we'd put on her in the morning before we went to work/school. When we got home, dang if that sweater was off her! We never saw her remove it, but she did, every single time. She was a Lab and definitely short-haired but the cool weather must not have bothered her. Or maybe the sweater bothered her more. It was hilarious.

Bernice, that is fantastic about your mom! Hope you have more days like that with her.

pinetree, enjoy your day with family. Pulled pork, yum, we have so many BBQ places here in Georgia. BBQ dinners are also good fundraisers for schools, churches, etc., because most everybody likes it. Has to be pork, not beef. BBQ chicken is good too but not as popular.

Everyone else, hi, hope you're well.

My mantle looks so pretty with garland and candles and little lights. Still haven't gotten a tree but that will happen this week. My desk/exercise bike still haven't gotten moved either. Maybe today...

For Sunday:

1) Church and breakfast DONE
    2) Watch Anne of Green Gables
    3) Do some Christmas baking
    4) Go through ads and coupons in today's paper
    5) Order some gift cards using CC points
    6) Address some more Christmas cards

Basically, a pretty lazy day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi, everyone! I'm not even going to try to catch up. I didn't get on till last evening and then downloaded Windows 10, which took overnight, and I'm just logging on today. I hope everyone's having a great day and getting a chance to relax.

We only accomplished one thing today, but it was a big one I wanted to get done for quite a while now. A couple years ago I built a dog door that fit in the back patio door because the old dog doors in the wall were worn out and leaking too much cold air. A better door would not fit in the wall opening, so I made the patio door panel as a temporary measure. It hasn't been great because we used that foam pipe insulation to keep out drafts and every time we wanted to open or close the slider, it got displaced and was just a pain to deal with. It was also awkward getting through the door with anything in our hands. So today, since it's so warm, we made a bigger hole in the wall and installed the new door I had put in the panel in the wall where it belongs. It wasn't without its problems and in fact, the whole project sucked, but one door is in now. I need to redo the glue on the second door, but I'm not in a hurry because I don't think Sugar could do both doors the way she is now. At any rate, the patio door is fully functional again now. With the dog door back in the wall, the dogs will walk from the outside door about three feet to the wall door, instead of all the way across the back porch, so it should stay a little bit cleaner out there now too. We still have the finish work to do but no hurry on that, either. That's for looks, not function, and not a big priority now.

Anyway, that was our Sunday. Glad it's this far along. The worst should be over now.

Husby sneaked a copy of a couple of Angry Birds games into the cart when we were in Duluth a couple months ago. I finally got one of them installed. I love that game but I'm not good at it so it's challenging and frustrating, but still fun. I hope I don't get too caught up in the game. Too much else to do right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I woke up at 6 and couldn't sleep so I organized my corner of the bedroom that was bad, so much better, it's down to a small tote for magazines. I have 4 loads of laundry to fold and put away, maybe tomorrow for those.

I'm slowly doing the closet that has 4 shelves with bins, plus underneath has rubbermaid totes. I've done the floor stuff and the first shelf although I had to re-do the med bin to see what I need, take out what I've been taken off of, etc. 2nd shelf is done, health and beauty products and was able to empty a bin by combining 2 others. I bought this bin with drawers, not the most attractive thing but it holds all of my makeup and daily hair care. So put it on BR sink for now, as I have not tackled the stuff shoved under the sink when we moved.

I do not need make up for the next 5 yrs. Someone had given me an expensive gift from Sephora that I exchanged for the Bare Minerals compact foundation, 3 of them! I thought 1 of them was Mineral Veil but I screwed it up. Oh well, instead of fancy shmancy pricey perfume, I have stuff I will use.

one of my goals for the New Year is to start doing my hair better and wear make up when I leave the house, just a little bit.

I also had DD for a while but she was cranky as usual lately and just wanted to do homework. Ddad and I made her pancakes that she ate while on her computer supposedly doing homework (she had no notebooks, no binders, no books, is it really that much computer-based with homework?) I suspect she was doing typical teen computer stuff. The therapist said to let stuff like this go and be glad she is at the table with us. The amount of stuff I am supposed to 'let go' is starting to really make me mad. But either trust the therapist or go rogue. Rogue could be ugly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi guys, moving slowly today, went to bed late then got up late, starting things late.. and its getting late!!

I'm the light checker this year, so been checkiing strings of lights for outside,geez, i didn't know we had so many! Only found one string out of maybe a 100 that has burnt out ones. DH is going all out again this year, It looks really cool and I feel like " one of those people " that light up the entire town,, everything that is 5 inches high gets a light strung on it! The kids have the blow ups this year, so we have the lights and the herd of reindeer. Looks like a fantasyland when he's done. the kids have a santa fishing from a boat in their yard , looks pretty cool, now they are buying a net to look lke its in water.

Fw, I hope they find the dog, I'm so glad you got the little guy to add to your herd!

RABBIT, your's looks like a little sweetie pie! I think its cute!

Thanks ilc, I always enjoy the kids being here! I guess i should be really thankful, and I know I am really blessed! Sure wish you had a picture of your mantle!

I gotta go, got a string that Dh lost a bulb out of, Hi to everyone I didn't get! Hey, the sun finally came out, its 3:30, so won't last long!

Have a relaxing Sunday!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Slept later today. Still not feeling as good as I have been. Got the pecans shelled and laundry done. DH helped me get the rest of the garland hung in the den. Still have to finish outside lights. Feeling frustrated that I can't enjoy all the Christmas stuff that is going on around the area. Oh, well, maybe next year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Herd is right. Dh w/ little on his lap,Mackie on his couch,the other 2 at our feet watching tv w/ us and having bits of Papa Ramonos pizza I got for $7.98 1 item large. Little is quick study. Makcey had his peanut butter jar w/ bits and little stayed back after only 1 ask. He is very bright.

So I'm indulged by Dh. We went to the tree place and got 2 trees. I found the perfect one for the living room after a little pruning. Then i found the cutest thing for Ds's room. It will go on top of Hunty's cage fully lighted and decorated. He hasnt used it in weeks anyway. I got mini blankets for the windows as we have a neighbor now. $2/5.99. Cheaper than blinds w/ kittens in the house. I had picked up 24 plasticene type super cute ornaments for $20?. He doesnt bat an eye or grumble. The field was so nice and no snow. We heard a turkey. The pumpkins were out for deer but the guy said he hadnt gotten any. I talked him out of his amber honey. He gets so little now but DH is like pooh bear and looks forward to it.He sold me a fair sized jar for $12. Too bad i didnt bring a dog. There were deer tracks and strong skunk smell. I took a nice long walk,about a mile. That should have burned a few calories for the pizza tonight??

Hit the Dollar tree and Aldis. Going to make that chili yet.
    Cancelled the freezer. I will re buy it another time. Too busy.
    Need to get gas and hit the groc. Gas is $1.79 a gallon and Dh has 2x .20 off fro the kmart reciept. so $1.59 a gallon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice, slow progress is still progress. Sounds like you're getting things organized.

Pinetree, reading about all your Christmas decorations made me flash on the scene in the movie Christmas Vacation, when the Griswalds are trying to get their house lit up. LOL. Wish I could see a pic of your place but I know people don't always like to show their houses online.

GB, hope you feel better.

Sounds like you'll be having fun decorating trees, FW.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

yes Sd. Dish gloves,antihistimes and a baby corral-just like normal?

Tues hope to get DD transferred to the car. New tabs due so gotta look for the title.
    Why am I up this late again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got to plant pecan and burr oak trees that I got free from our local electric company later today. Making sugar scrub to take to the church tomorrow for a gift exchange on Sunday. Going to wrap a few gifts today, also. Hopefully, DH and I will get the rest of the lights up today. Making potato soup for our dinner. My head feels a bit better today. Everyone have a wonderful day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I'm home with a sick crew. DH and ds#1 went down with the stomach bug late last night. I called off of work- cause the sitter isn't going to take them and DH is useless when sick.

My to do:
    Do some laundry
    Switch out sheets
    A load of dishes
    Disinfect our bathroom....YUCK! I really don't want to seeing as DH was heaving in it all night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

must be iccky day. Mikey took a full pee on the L.R. floor which is unusual. So Hunter cam elater after I cleaned it. Of course that is where tree will go. Was hoping to mop anyway today.

Put the groc away from last night. and did a candy gift from the dogs to everyone but me. I cant breath properly today and am achy. I need to get a few things done before I crumble. Don't know if this is allergy or virus but i have no time for this crap all the time. I have 4 bags of laundry that need putting away.

Hunter is in his room. he was flying all over the L.R. at top speed (no excercise yet for another month.) So time out. He sure must feel better. this isnt the dog I brought home. Cant wait until we can excercise him proper and take him out. I think lol.

put up some of the Christmas decor
    wash a wall
    got to Kroger
    Get DD from work
    empty DW/reload
    wash a dk load
    and anything else

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope everyone starts feeling better!

SD, yea, thats kinda waht I feel like but I guess its not that bad, when we dont put it up, people gripe. lol
    Just got a big shock, Douglas wy. shut down the dragstrip after 31years of racing, how sad. Theres alot of people that came in from alot of different states to race there, sure going to miss them.. Especially the ones from Canada.

FW, lol, I'm the same way with pinetrees, I touch them and break out in hives! Have fun!

Hi to everyone!

I started a new pill this morning, once a week for the next 5 yrs. its really upsetting my stomach.

Today
    vacuum
    wash cats blankets
    put down new runner rugs, wash put way throw rugs.

Have a great day.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.