2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 249
Page 249 of 271 FirstFirst ... 149199239246247248249250251252259 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Didn't get a chance to get on yesterday. It sounds like we're all bustling about.

I did manage to get in a run and some shelves scrubbed down in the house yesterday along with some shopping with a friend.

As for today I've already put in 6 hours of a split shift 12 and been to the "little clinic" to get a flu test since my closest co-workers (in proximity anyway) tested positive. 2 early last week and one over the weekend. DH is having surgery this week and I didn't want to chance giving it to him. I tested negative and they went on and gave me the flu shot. As a bit of back story, 2 years ago a co-worker, and a really close friend at the time passed away with the swine flu. He was only 40 and it's kind of made me a bit more hypersensitive to the whole "flu" deal then is needed. Better safe than sorry though and now I can stop stressing about bringing it home.

For this evening I'm going to try and talk my DH into going to a seminar at DS#2's school for filling out the FASFA forms but more than likely I'll end up going. I could use a few tips with it with two going next year and having no idea if DH will have any income or not and how to count worker's comp. money and so forth. Might try to get in a weight session but I'm not feeling very motivated.

Happy Monday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

TRN-fill it in asap. Your w/ your DH right? Because my friend had just divorced so they used the lower income spouse to get money. I could never get a thing.
    Look tirelessly for grants. Your DH better go. Evenif he fills out nothing he needs the reality check of fees and costs that are so unexpected. Good luck-take something to take notes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey, ladies. It's been a busy morning with unexpected errands and calls, etc., but now I'm home for a couple of hours till leaving for Bible study---the last one till January. Got errands tomorrow too but hopefully they'll be ones I really need to do.

pinetree, sure hope the upset tummy issue is a one-time deal.

Everyone who's feeling yucky, stay in, take naps, channel-surf, and sip hot chocolate. Works for me every time

See everyone tomorrow.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

yeah,nope. Mopping that floor w/ lysol to put the tree in soon. Dh should be on the road home soon. I need to get the tree skirt,plastic and stand out. Lights and ornament will wait for tommorrow. pokety poke!
    Cant believe how much dirt is being tracked in. Usually snow this time of year.
    Got to get the corral cleaned but Hunty cleared the baby gate and kinda foiled my enthusiasm.
    Might throw a choc. cake in if i get milk. Gotta go put Hunty in his "bedroom". lol to pick up DD.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This morning before work I cleaned the bathroom, worked out and picked up the house. Grocery shopped after work and then made a salad, lunches for tomorrow and dinner before running out the door for a vet appointment. I am tired and can't wait to sit on the couch!

Tuesday
    1 - stop at doctors office
    2 - go to mom's after work
    3 - clean Cadbury's pen/litter box and cat litter boxes
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FINALLY, got the Christmas lights up and the sugar scrub done. Still have a few gifts to wrap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, we were just talking about Douglas. Husby found a list of the best state parks in all fifty states, and we haven't been to the one in Wyoming, which is supposedly Glendo although I've seen other lists naming Curt Gowdy. We haven't been to the Douglas area, either. Too bad about the racing.

Exhausted again today. Sugar wouldn't settle last night, so we were up and down most of the night. My back is killing me, too. Whine, whine. I really shouldn't complain, but I didn't get much done today.

I did get the last (I hope) coat of paint on the rocker, so I'm hoping to get that off the table soon. I also made a pattern for the cushions, which proved not to be as much of a pain as I expected.

Repaired the dog door we just put in the wall. The outside section had pulled out of its attachments. That didn't do my back any good.

Laid out the pieced fabric I've been working on for the chair cushion covers and it looks like I'll have enough for the main parts. Not sure about the sides yet. I was going to sew on those today but my serger got unplugged, I guess, and I didn't feel up to crawling around on the floor getting it plugged back in. So instead I finished up the new valances for my office and rounded up a couple of potential patterns for Mom's new sweatshirt I need to get done before Christmas. The curtains just have to be pressed now and my office windows will be brightened up and nice. Husby can help me cut down the tension rods I bought in Cook, and then those can be put up.

I found a tasty-looking WW recipe for jambalaya today. I've been thinking about making that for Christmas dinner at Mom's. The same cookbook has a pretty layered salad, too, which we've had before and it's really good. That would go nicely with the jambalaya and we can buy an Edwards key lime pie for dessert. Winner, winner, Christmas dinner.

Went through another WW cookbook and realized there are only four recipes in the whole thing that I'm interested in, so I'll just copy those and donate the book.

I love the new sewing machine table I got last spring, but one thing has been a major PITA for me. With the knee space on the far right, the machine has to sit on the right side edge, with no space left for anything else to sit. That's been a problem. I also have a couple of thread stands behind the machine because I usually use cone thread, and there wasn't quite enough space for those so they fall off every now and then, not good since the bases are cast iron and there's a window right next to them. So today as I was sitting there it occurred to me if I rounded up the right kind of shelf brackets, I could add an extension. So I did. It only added 5.5 inches but it made a world of difference. Love that! Now the table really is perfect. That mod only took a few minutes even with miscutting the board the first time around. I've been thinking of building a platform to sit in the windowsill right next to the table, since I don't like putting screw holes in wood furniture, but I'm glad I put the extension on the table itself. It really makes the most sense. That's another reason I like getting cheap thrift stuff. I can mess it up a little bit and not have to feel bad. But I'll never be taking this extension off, most likely, so it doesn't matter anyway. The thread holders fit great now and I even have space for my big Bubba Keg.

Oh, yeah, I actually got a load of dishes into the dishwasher after supper. Where that energy came from, I have no idea.

Husby said he would plug in my serger for me, so with any luck I can get the fabric pieced together for the chair tomorrow. I really want to get that project done! How many times have I said that lately? LOL.

Husby said someone at work wants the pool table and has room for it and a big batch of teenagers to move it. We've heard this before so we don't expect it to work out, but still somewhat hopeful. She said she'd let him know tomorrow. I hope they take it because it would be so much less work than tearing it apart and I'm all about less work these days.
    Last edited by Spirit Deer; 12-07-2015 at 08:31 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. I'm off this morning to work sorting mail at the soup kitchen, then this afternoon I work at the food pantry at church. Sometime today I have to make a sweet potato casserole for DH to take to work tomorrow and cookies to take to the theatre to sell at intermission for a fundraiser. I love being busy. I feel much better when I am.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

morning

Finally warming up, in the 60's BUT the chinook is blowing to warm it up, that means really windy, but the snow on the north side is all gone!! well until sat-san, when we get the next one.

Hope everyones doing good. Sending up prayers for you that need them.

todays list
    make peanut butter, choc, cookies
    pretzels, chocolate covered
    toffee
    load of laundry
    open window, aww, fresh air..

Have a great day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, good news about your sewing table. You are so creative!

fw, sounds like Hunter is going to be a great dog for your family. You ARE keeping him, right????

Gbug, you're sounding good, and I'm glad.

RABBIT, I never could get a lot done before leaving for work. Sounds like you have that problem solved!

pinetree, can I come spend the day with you making delicious things to eat? It all sounds soooooo good!

Everyone else, hi, hope you're doing well and feeling Christmas-y!

For Tuesday:

1) Vet, library, Tractor Supply, Aldi DONE
    2) Put away everything bought today
    3) Record today's expenditures
    4) Clean up den---there's STUFF everywhere, and it's driving me crazy
    5) Clean off/organize the top of the desk I moved into the breakfast room
    6) Make list for Walmart and Kroger for tomorrow
    7) Decorate the dining room for Christmas

Have a good day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope everyone is well. It's a busy time of the year for most people.

I got the glider rocker put back together, mostly between two and three AM when Sugar couldn't figure out what she wanted and had to go outside a half dozen times. I seem to be doing lots of weird stuff on auto-pilot in the middle of the night lately, like washing the patio door since Sota jumps against it when he wants in and there was mud smeared all over it from the floor to about five feet up. Ugh. Have to do something while I wait for the girl to come back in. But at any rate, the chair is ready to be taken off the pool table now, just in the nick of time as it turns out.

I made ten servings of WW soup for the freezer, because I had a bunch of veggies in the fridge in need of being used up. Glad that's done. I also made up six salads so we have those to eat all week. That'll go nicely with the bacon-wrapped steaks tonight.

I cooked up five meal-sized portions of a mix of ground sirloin, lean hamburger, and ground lean turkey along with five onions, so now I have some meat mix in the freezer again for quick meals. Glad I thought of the ground sirloin since it's so lean. I'm going to save that for use to make meat mix instead of grilling it. Hamburger costs almost as much now and it's not nearly as lean. Might as well use it the best way possible.

The kitchen stove suddenly won't auto-light anymore without help. It quit in the middle of my cooking session. I don't know what it would cost to fix but it wouldn't be cheap, I'm sure. We both hate that stove and it's almost twenty years old, so IMO it's not worth fixing it. So we'll probably be on the hunt for a new stove starting tonight. I'm trying so hard not to do the happy dance yet, but I can't stop making this face -->

As it turns out, Husby's co-worker wants the pool table but her husband won't get rid of furniture to make space for it, so that didn't work out. But within ten minutes of Husby calling to tell me that, I got a call from the tree guy. He wants it! He's coming tomorrow afternoon to start taking it apart. He seems to be under the impression there's going to be a lot to do before he has to move the slate, but there isn't and I tried to explain that to him. But he'll have to see that for himself, I guess. He seemed skeptical when I told him that, but maybe he doesn't realize I'm the one who reassembled that table when we got it, then hired movers to bring the slate in. There's only one part he'll be able to take with him before the slate has to come off. Oh, well, he can take all the accessories at any rate. I can't wait to get that thing out of here! I'm not doing the happy dance about that just yet either, because it's not gone yet, but it seems promising at this point. This guy is a wizard with ropes and pulleys working with trees, so maybe he has an idea about moving the slate that I don't know about yet. That would be so great if he has some magical way to get that dang thing out of here. I doubt it but a girl can dream. I just hope he doesn't drag it out too long. Husby is taking tomorrow off so we can get the table cleared off and stuff in the path cleared out. It's going to be a big undertaking getting that beast of a thing out of here. But once it's gone, I expect the purging/decluttering/organizing to really snowball. We'll finally be able to move things into their proper places that we've waited years to move because of the pool table clogging up everything.

No sewing on the cushion covers yet but maybe later. Lifting the dog on and off the bed every night is taking a toll on my back and the recliner is looking good right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-he's awfully cute but not for everyone so at this rate probably. I moved the table w/ the thin glass so he doesnt kill himself,he's scary smart-1 time and he's got it. He bought me a cough drop today and toss it at me. When i give them treats I toss them to him and have paised him for learning to catch so quick. It's one of those-Nah? couldnt be moments. DD says Doxies are scary smart and pocket beagles are mixed w/ beagles and Doxie. ??? He's too quick for older people and too touchy for kids.

DD and I went to the sec. of state. Beeches! Apparently,I need a letter of intent from the credit union and DH to sign off because he is only listed on the title. We bought this vehicle in 2008 and paid it off in 2009. So I went to the C.U. and the lady signed off on it so Dh can tonight and back to sec. of state Thurs. All this jabbering on about a lien on the vehicle and taking a loan out against it. Who could? its a 2006. It's 9 yrs. old.

So we went to the Big Lots and Christmas shopped. I got DD a blanket,gloves,a mug, pj's and a few things all zebra or black and white. Got dog and cats food,treats for Dh's lunch and few things for Toys For Tots. $240. poof.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm having an attack of conscience now. I hate my mother, since this is all her fault! LOL. J/K. She's the one who made me too frugal. At any rate, I started thinking the stove might just need a new fuse. I'm going to check into that later. If I could spend a couple bucks on a fuse and get the dang thing fixed myself, there's no way I could justify buying a new stove. Half of me is hoping it's an easy fix so we don't have the expense and hassle of a new stove, the other half really wants a new stove! Oh, well.

I baked banana bread and made that almond bark stuff using pretzels, almond bark, mini marshmallows, and mixed nuts, so Husby has plenty to snack on when he gets home. It smells good in here!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-your not alone. My stove is perfect and from 26yrs. ago. I saw an exact match on the resale blog I go on for free. And I'm like oooH free part repalcements. Free burner inserts and knobs. Then I'm thinking -stop it. You have to pay to dispose of the stove then and such.. Too frugal at times.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You have to pay to get rid of appliances? It's free here, lucky us. We can salvage from there, too. I got new knobs for the control on our washer a while back.

I used to buy stuff for spare parts now and then, nothing big though. But in an effort to turn this place back into a home instead of a warehouse, I've pretty much stopped now. Not counting that under-cabinet cookbook holder I got NIB at GW lately.

I wish I liked my stove. We were at the dealer's ordering our house and they informed us we had to decide between gas and electric for the order. Sears was just down the road so we rushed over there, found the stove in the scratch and dent area for cheap, and bought it without any real thought because we needed a stove but we also needed every dime at the time for our construction project. It's just a basic stove although I don't know what more I need. I just don't like it. I guess my main complaint is it won't adjust down low enough to simmer.