2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 250
Page 250 of 271 FirstFirst ... 150200240247248249250251252253260 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, yep you can stop by anytime, we can sit and eat oranges and cookies! Thats what I'm craving lately!

FW, I think you are right, I don't think I could handle your puppy very long, they have to much get up and go!

SD, wow , I dont know about the stove, I had to replace mine, this one is only 6 yrs, I think, the last one only lasted 10yrs. Sometimes I wish I could get a gas one, but they lady here had it all removed when she put in the electric, costs a fortune now to get it reran, plus I could always smell the gas. So I hope its broken if you want a new one, but hope you can fix it cheap too!
    Your almond bark stuff sounds good.
    AS for camping in Wy, spent most of my summers in the 60"s thru 90's at Glendo Res. Now wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft. pole, unless its during the week. You should see the highway on Fri nights trucks hauling boats, campers heading up there, No way its so crowded, I will pass. I have several other lakes that aren't so popular.
    wtg on getting rid of your pool table, boy that should really give you alot of room now!

Everyones bummed about the track shutting down, I dont know what we are going to do with the car now, maybe sell it, but I think the kid wants to get back in it, So will see, have alot of money in that car and trailer... its sad.. I don't think I could ever get back into one, well maybe,, umm, now I have myself thinking.....

Been starting on my cookies, candy, these guys usually eat it before I can give it away, I really like making it, tho dont eat much anymore. Oh well gives me something to do.

Tomorrows list
    pick up stuff from extra stuff I bought, stocking stuffers
    grocery lists, get my ham tomorrow!!
    stockpile from sales
    pay bills
    mail cards
    load of laundry I didn't do the ohter day
    Have a good one!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, started my day being yelled at by a homeless woman at the soup kitchen. Not really sure why. I think I was just in the line of fire. Then later at the food pantry I had another homeless lady ask me to pray with her. Guess my day balanced out. Got DH's casserole put together, but the cookies will have to wait until tomorrow. They're not due until the afternoon. I'm pooped!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-yeah. Like $40.? to enter the dump. The private garbage Co. takes 1 furniture item per month like the reclinder I just dumped. Like a sofa bed was $25. IDK about a stove. I moved in w/ this one. I got it a year before DD was born. DH fixed the front burner awile back and I cleaned the inside real well a few years ago of crud that stayed forever. The only thing wrong is a chip in the front. I like that its old and I dont worry about damaging it.

Took a long nap. Tree still sitting in the front. I work at the rescue tomorrow so I may leave it until after. Zachary kitty has been very curous and has knocked many things around.

Had salad for dinner. Waiting for Chicago Med to come on. Quiet night.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-well he sits on Dh's lap,naps w/ me,sleeps w/ DH and Yogi,follows Mackey and copies him,plays w/ Mikey. He dances when I open the fridge,loves to dress in his coat,flips out when I take him to pick up DD at work,gets along w/ most of the cats. So hasnt he always been here. He played tug w/ Mikey w/ a toy yesterday.
    Most of the time he's a joy and clearly the smartest dog. He picks up things fast.
    Whatever is going on he's right in there. All the dogs sit around the table waiting for scraps and he just waits patiently. He knows he gets his 4th.
    Its been a long haul but as soon as we finish the last piece of this journey we will be happy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey, Im back. Sorry had 2 work this weekend and it took me longer than normal to adapt back to days. My plans for today are starting to clean one of the other walls of the living room... Yes, not exciting but it has to be done.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Plan to hit the rescue by noon after I drop DD at work. Need to flip the dishes and sweep more dirt out of the L.R. Enjoying the no snow Dec. but not the dirt in the house mud feature!

Need to unload the car before work. The area I'm going isnt a place you have gifts in the car and walk away. Not that anything I buy is expensive.

Gotta go figure out a proper todo lists
    Hugs all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good Morning All!

I did manage to go to the FASFA workshop. Couldn't manage to talk DH into going with me but didn't figure I would. I've filled the thing out several times before but since the guy giving the workshop was pretty sought after I was hoping for a few tips. I did manage to walk away with a couple of helpful tid-bits and already have a call in to where DS #1 is at school for a possible "professional judgement" financial aid increase. Due to DH's worker's comp. being less than what our form reported as he was still working at the time we qualify for review under this, for possible aid for THIS semester.

Yesterday was work, general house stuff, and going with DH to meet with the rep for the spinal cord stimulator. He goes in Thursday for the trial one. Keep your fingers crossed that this goes well. If it does we're hoping they'll get him on the surgery schedule for next Thursday for the permanent one.

As for today I've got to work and I definitely need to try and get in a run before heading home. Not really feeling it so hopefully I'll get more motivated before I finish up at work.

SD- I hope the pool table goes and you get to do your happy dance.

ILC- Hope your Christmasy mood is contagious as I'm usually well into the season by now and I'm not there yet but I'm definitely working on it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TRN - hopefully everything goes well with your DH and he will be able to have his surgery next week. (just sent a prayer up)

pinetree - what time is good for you for ILC and I to come over and eat cookies? My mouth is watering.......

fw - so now Hunter is training you to catch?! I will have to talk to him, I think you'd work harder for something better than a cough drop!

SD - let the guy start taking apart the pool table, it will be more "his" that way. Good luck getting it gone!

Gbug - I too feel better when I'm busier. What a great service you do volunteer at the soup kitchen and pantry.

Well I'm moving very slow this morning. Woke up at 2:00 with the start of a migraine and took some Excedrin Migraine which has caffeine in it and kept me awake all night but it knocked out my migraine, so I got up to let the dogs out and feed the zoo and then went back to bed. It's supposed to be a pretty mild day here so I'm hoping to take Beastie to the park before it might rain, this way I get my exercise in without having to workout here in the house.

1 - cook chicken (started)/make turkey meatballs
    2 - call Blue Cross (done)
    3 - wash floors, clean master bath and bedroom
    4 - workout
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good news from the ophthalmologist. Don't have to go back for a month. Got the casserole baked and DH off. Laundry is going and got to bake the cookies to take to the theatre this afternoon. I have to take advantage of my clear head moments. lol Of course, my kids would tell you I have never had a clear head. Gonna get a little more shopping done tonight with sales and coupons. Gotta get finished by the weekend so I can start thinking about baking. Hope you all take time to stop and smell the fresh air today and thank God that you can do that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like oranges and cookies! I can bring banana bread and almond bark pretzels. And a camper to sleep in if the party runs late.

The stove decided to work again, so it's not a fuse. No help in the owner's manual either. The oven lit although it took a while, and the burners worked okay but seemed to take longer, too. So I still think we'll be getting a new stove before long. I wish, now that I know it's not a fuse, it would just die altogether because I hate having untrustworthy gas appliances.

Too bad about Glendo but I guess in a state without much water, it's easy to see why a place like that would be so popular. We're very familiar with boat and trailer traffic up here! I hate being southbound on the stretch between here and Virginia (fifty miles) on the day before the fishing or hunting openers or northbound on the Sunday or Monday of the opener, or any major holiday weekend. That road is only a two-lane and designated one of the most dangerous in the state, with good reason. And of course the four lane around Virginia is worse, but at least it's four lanes. I bet Curt Gowdy SP is the same in the summer, it's such a pretty park. We were there in mid-May and probably about the middle of the week, so it wasn't too busy.

Might as well dust your car off and use it.

FW, wow. I wonder why it's so expensive to haul trash there. Here, we are charged by the bag or by weight, depending on how much stuff we have. If people throw out a couple bags of stuff, it's $4/bag, I think, but by the trailer load is charged by weight. Getting rid of printers, computers, TVs, and stuff like that is either no charge or a small fee, like a dollar or two. Appliances, metal, and brush is free, and we can recycle four tires at a time for free. Used oil is free. Construction debris and general household trash is by the pound. Cardboard, paper, metal and glass containers, etc, are free to recycle. We can take the truck and trailer loaded to the gills and it's rarely over $20 to dump it all. And as I've mentioned before, we can salvage stuff as long as we sign a waiver of liability and don't do stupid stuff like climb up on the piles. If we want to take parts off of appliances or whatever, we can but we can't use tools to do it. Otherwise we're supposed to take the whole appliance, part it out, and bring it back. Not sure why, maybe because of liability. But I love 'shopping' out there. We never know what we'll find.

GB, sorry about the lady who yelled at you. Maybe she's mentally ill. Sounds like the other lady made up for it though. It's wonderful you volunteer to help others like that. Good about the optho report.

Ayanka, it's exciting to make changes to a place that's not looking its best and turning it back into something beautiful! I love hearing about your progress. You're doing great!

Nomad, we're fairly well prepped for the guy to come get the pool table, so I hope he shows up. He seemed fairly reliable when he came to cut the trees, so we're hopeful. I hope your husband's appointment goes well and the financial aid goes through, too. Lots of irons in the fire, the way it sounds.

Rabbit, good point about making the pool table 'his'. I did look it over and figure out how to get the top rails off, so we don't have to waste time later. I can't wait to get that thing out of here! We've let it take up an entire room since we moved into this house almost twenty years ago, and it'll be so nice to have a dining room set in there instead, with leaves that fold down, and small enough to move it around as needed. I'm not opposed to buying one of those bumper pool tables that convert to a card table or dining table, something small enough to allow that room to be multi-purpose. We could have gotten a really nice one for $30 about three years ago at a sale, but of course since we still had the big one, couldn't buy it because of not having a place to go with what we have. But assuming the current one gets gone, that'll open the door for bumper pool if we see another one.

We cleared all the stuff away from the pool table and the room already looks much bigger. Of course the living room and Husby's office have shrunk. We both need to get back to sorting. We also cleared off the wall next to the table. I'm thinking the guys could possibly slide the slate off the table and stand it against the wall in there, and then maybe the guy could take all the rest of it out of here. I'd love that! The ramps we have will support 1,100 pounds, so two people might be able to handle it since there wouldn't be much lifting. There are other details to work out and we'll leave the final decision about doing it up to the guy himself, but it would be a huge help to everyone involved if he could take the whole table, get it set up at his place, and then come back with his help to get the slate. Or maybe I misunderstood and he plans to have his entire crew come today and get all of it out of here. That would be better yet. I guess we have to wait and see. I'm looking forward to this afternoon!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi guys!

Gbug WTG on the Dr!! Hope you keep feeling better and better!!

Ayanka, have fun doing your wall, it will be done before you know it.

Nomad, Sending up prayers for your son's school, and Dh's surgery.

FW, Ok what is the next step? He had a month of relaxing, then shots and gets fixed? Maybe it was another shot? I can't remember!! He reminds me of the energybunny!! lol, I bet he has your older dogs on their toes too!! I'm so glad he likes being dressed up, sometimes they just look so darn cute!!

SD, RABBIT, ILC? Oranges are on sale 4lbs. @$1.00, um, how many #'s should I pick up? I am eating 2-3 a day. I just cant get enough of them!

Bring your camper, I have 2 of them in the drive way now, My 5th wheel and the kids hi-low, mine ony sleeps 4 the kids I think is 4 also. Plus I have an extra couple bedrooms.
    I think I can get ilc to bring cheesecake.
    Anyone else are welcome!

SD, We havent gone to the dump in years , last time it cost us $100 for a pickup load. The town has a clean up day where they haul junk out once a year.
    try your cowdy.. you'll have better luck there, OR, try a lake in the dead center of Nebraska, we were back htere when they first started filling it, they were leaving houses, barns etc there and just flooded it, Lake calamuth, something like that, Its straight down from valentine, but is in the wrong direction! Thats where I saw my first kangeroo rat.. DH's DDad was from back there.
    Um its kinda hard to get the car out and drive, it isn't street legal and is built to run the super pro class. It would take an act of something to get it back on the street.
    Good Luck with the pool table, I hope he takes it in one shot!

Niko, I'm sorry, I left you out yesterday, Still sending up prayers...even tho I dont put you on here.

Well, had on heck of a night. went to bed with my back just killing me, um, like when we were painting the house. Dh rubbed like bengay on, had the hot water bottle and took 2 pain pills, and still had pain. tried all night long to stay awake incase I had another heart attack, but whew, made, it, Did I tell you guys I fell getting in the shower last Wed? I know I twisted my back, have bruises on my ribs, so DH thinks I still hurt from that. The bath mat wasn't stuck to the tub, my foot slipped right out from underneath me. I told the Dr. when I went in.

My list is kinda messed up, will do what I can but plan on spending the day stretching, see if I can get these muscles to release.

Our 65* day has turned out cloudy, but at least its warm!!

ILC, hope you find a tree soon!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I know you're excited about having that pool table gone. What a wonderful chance to redo that room.

Gbug, that's great news about your eye appointment!

fw, that Hunter is a smart boy---he's caught on so quickly to how things are done. We needed more Trifexis for the dogs today but had no idea how much Sadie had gained since her last visit to the vet so we took her for a weigh-in------she's now 65 pounds! Of course, she's a Lab but she just turned a year old so I wonder if she'll gain any more. She's not fat at all, just a big doggie. We now can use the same dosage for her and Jaxx. Spent $300 on 6 months' worth for both of them, and it's worth every penny----no fleas and no heartworms.

Nomad, so sorry you're not feeling too Christmas-y, but with everything going on with you, that does make sense. I sure hope FAFSA comes through all right.

Ayanka, in our first house we had to redo practically everything aesthetic. It was one ugly house. Peeling jungle-print wallpaper, light fixtures from the 60s (not the loveliest decade), cheapie cabinets, harvest gold fixtures in one bathroom and avocado green in the other. By the time we moved it was a very attractive house, but oh my goodness, the hours of work and the many dollars it took. But very satisfying.

RABBIT, I'm hoping that migraine will stay away!

pinetree, so far we've got SD, RABBIT, and I coming over to enjoy the goodies. I'll bring my famous brownies, a cheesecake, and old-fashioned teacake cookies. Can we do it after the 17th? I have to watch my weight till then (dr. appointment).

Everyone else, I hope you're well and having a good day.

We've had a really busy day. Had to get car tags, then went to Home Depot and Lowe's to check out Christmas trees (no luck---might be next year before I can get a new one), Walmart for a big shop, then gas in the car. Came home for a quick lunch then took Sadie to vet. I've got a chicken-brown rice recipe in the crockpot for an early supper, then church at 6:30.

For Wednesday:

1) Put supper in crockpot DONE
    2) Errands DONE
    3) Church 6:30
    4) Clean up kitchen
    5) Address a few Christmas cards

Tomorrow is blood work at 8:30 so it'll be an early day for me.

Have a good Wednesday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, we cross-posted!

You poor thing, all sore and hurting. I can't do much physical stuff anymore automatically---I have to really be aware of where things are, I count the stairs when I go up/down, warn myself when getting in/out of the tub, etc. Otherwise something crazy may happen, like falling down the stairs because I missed one.

Can you take Advil? It helped my aches/pains better than anything.

When you told the doctor about it last week, what did he say?

You just chill out today and feel better soon!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aww geeze ILC, Thanks. The Dr. put me on the pills for osterposris, sp, said 1 a week for 5 yrs. Are you on it? I will have to find the name. Somehow it sticks to the bones and makes then stronger. I can only take tylenol, regular strength, or the tramadol he gave me for pain. I still can't take muscle relaxers, if I could only take a couple of those.
    I don't have steps, I don't go upstairs at the kids house. I remember falling up and down steps, would usually doing it doing laundry.
    I am going to buy, fishies, or circles or someting for the tub, thats non slip. I should have known better, but...
    Wow, it was really hard talking you into a cheesecake huh!! lol
    We can wait, you get your weigh in first..

Getting kinda excited, Dh went to town to pick up my leg of pork, hes got it all figured out how to get it cut, the kids are waiting for scalloped potatoes w/ham. Pineapple ham casserole, ham and cheese sandwich w/soup, split pea soup/ham... oh goodness am I getting hungry!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-is that incl. a vet fee? I pay 15-18 per pill/hunter was $9. Now Mackey also needs an extra XS to go w/ his pill because of weight. But you were talking $150./6? ea. plus no break for buying a doz. The manufacturer usually gives you 1 or a rebate. IDK. We get Sentinel.

Pinetree-he's nicer every day. He must have been cold when i napped because he blanket tunneled. He is respectful of the other dogs. He asked last night if he could sit up w/ Mackey and Mikey on the couch and Mackey said -no. So he sat on the floor near them. There is a heirarchy apparently.
    We were told 30 more days now then shots and fix. Seems endless. But he needs more immune boost and no excercise. This process is long but we are rounding the last corner. So January 8th? Counting down.

Rabbit-it was a present. and related to the situation so I thought whoa? huh?

Didnt do the rescue today. Ate a pear and it rocked my world. Barely made it down the street to take her to work. Dh was whoa! last night so spreading the love I guess. Missed Roscoe though. Haha! DD said dont bring him home to heal. Too bad I dont have that farm w/ land. Think how many dogs I could have then. OY! I napped a long one today. We need a little cold weather and snow to kill these germs.

GB-WTG all around. Glad the health front is improving

Going to go zone. Just not working on all 4 cylinders today.