2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 251
Page 251 of 271 FirstFirst ... 151201241248249250251252253254261 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, aww give him a big kiss and hug from me..
    Get some rest! Hugs
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-orange juice just perked me up a bit. Thanks. I will. I am just trying not to laugh. Hunter just chased Yogi out of the cats food w/ yogi hauled it,tail tucked. Hunty is one tough mini dog. Going to go grab food.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I know you're talking about a race car, but I didn't say you should run it on the road.

The pool table is in pieces now. Husby and the guy were able to get it all disassembled by using our ATV ramps (how the heck have we lived without those all these years?) to slide the slate off the side of the table so they could get everything apart. They slid it down the ramps and then tipped it up against the wall. He's going to build a little dolly to roll the parts out and then use our ramps again to get the parts from the deck across to his truck. It took about two hours to get everything apart and stacked against the wall. He took home all the accessories and the legs. The rails, slate, and the main body with the ball returns and all inside it are what's left, the hard stuff. I guess he's buying a new house and that's why they'll have room for it. So glad someone's taking it. It's not a fancy table but it's nice and a good quality, and it would have been a shame to break it up and throw it out, not to mention a lot of work.

Our family room looks huge!

I'm not doing the happy dance yet, but I'm warming up for it. He said he'll come back to get everything next week or so, when his help is available. The sooner the better! Can't believe we finally found someone to take it. He's a really nice guy and did right by us with the extremely reasonable bill for cutting our trees, so we're happy he wants it and glad to give it to him.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - dance a little, it's almost gone

ILC - Sadie will probably fill out a little more, Beastie gained some after she turned a year

pinetree - I hope your back starts feeling better soon. We will wait for the cookies and oranges until your feeling better.

Got everything done today including some other things. The park was empty when I took the Beast but I realized I probably should be wearing orange. Your not supposed to hunt in certain parts of the park but you never can be too safe.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-yeah its not wasted,yeah its out of your way end of drama before Christmas-wtg.
    Now.. What are we doing next??? lol

Rabbit-the dog should have orange too. Just get some colored duct tape at meijers?? Every wanna be could have a gun and get a little too -1.drunk,2. slap happy.3. crazy pick 2.

Layed down for awhile and watched code black. Got up just as DH was headed to bed. this new lifestyle is going to take some adjustment. messaged Ds to try and get an official date.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, are you better today?

fw, no, all that money was just for the meds. It's heartworm/flea/tick meds all rolled into one. Expensive as all get-out, but it's highly effective on our doggies so we just cut back on some other budget category. DH has always been great about giving in to me about the cats, so I'm returning the favor. He sure does love those dogs.

SD, it sounds as though the tree guy is really taking the pool table off your hands! Fantastic!

RABBIT, our Max (male Lab) didn't quit growing till he was almost 2, and our Maisie kept growing till about 18 months, so we figure Sadie isn't quite through yet. The meds are for 60-80 pounds so we think this will be her permanent dosage. Jaxx is almost 80 lbs. so it's what he uses too.

Everyone else, hi, hope things are going well.

For Thursday:

1) Blood work 8:30 DONE
    2) Breakfast at Waffle House DONE (quite deliciously!)
    3) Finish cleaning the mess around my chair
    4) Attempt to get the crummy Christmas tree to look not-so-crummy
    5) Sweep screened porch
    6) Clean out dog crates
    7) Address more Christmas cards

Have a good one, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ok heading for the sec. of state again w/ Dh's signature on the title and the C.U. loan sign off. I hope we can just get it done thius time w/ minimal hassle. thye want more help for $11. hr. DD said she might apply. Cant be too much worse than the cafe-bet me dd lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The tree guy had his doggy with him dressed in a little blaze orange and neon green vest while he was here working in the woods. Can't be too safe.

I was just thinking before I looked at this thread that getting the pool table out of the house is a perfect Christmas gift for us. I hope he does come next week. The way his work is, I don't think his schedule is carved in stone and things come up unexpectedly, plus he has to work around other people's schedules so he has help. But I'm sure it won't be too long.

Today I decided to set up an underused rolling, stacking toolbox we've had for years and never liked. I realized this AM whenever we do any kind of project we're always running for the same stuff, simple things like pencils and scissors and Sharpie markers, extension cords, that kind of thing. The toolbox had things in it for the drills, but also lots of empty spaces, so I sorted, purged, and moved all that stuff into a small tote to go to the garage and put most of it in the big tool cabinet that's in the family room already. Then I wiped down the toolbox and did a small repair it's needed for a while, zip-tying on some loop tape to replace a broken plastic latch. I like it already! I'm not sure what all will end up in that toolbox. I think what goes into it will evolve over time, so I'm not in a big hurry to fill it up just yet although I did put some things into it already. It will store nicely under the table we'll be moving into the family room once the pool table is gone. Since it rolls, it'll be easy to move from room to room when we need to work on something.

Okay, Rabbit, here goes: But I'm saving the big celebration till it's really gone and the little chest freezer isn't in the middle of the floor anymore because the pool table is all stacked against the wall!

I also installed six of the ten door handles that belong on the tall cabinet we bought last spring for the bathroom. The other four are waiting on a small mod I need to do yet. Those handles were designated for the cheapo base cabinets I was going to install in the bathroom, but luckily there were enough of them to do the tall cabinet instead. I'll need to buy two more to match the new vanity we got at the fire hall sale, but $3 for the two new ones is a lot cheaper than buying ten for the other cabinet. The two I need are for a wall cabinet and those need to match the vanity. I think I'm slowly moving into bathroom redo mode now.

To-do yet today:
    ~piece some more upholstery scraps together for chair.
    ~maybe look at Mom's new sweatshirt I have to get done before Christmas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jingle bells, jingle bells
    Rai got the Black Plague!
    From her sweet kids,
    Those little germ factories
    Hanging on mommy all day!
    Hey!

Jingle bells, jingle bells,
    Finally on the mend
    Only to find out from the sitter
    We might get to do it again
    With a different flu bug just yet!
    Hey!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok to do/done for today:

1. Break down a bit more of the walls and clean up a lot of the downstairs. My dad left empty buckets to put the remaining wall covering in.
    2. Bring the above wall stuff to the container park or at least the car (due to different taxations it is way more interesting to send some with my dad to their container park where they ask half. And I am sorry, a container park is a recycling center, but I ll probably forget to use the correct name again so.
    3. Reanimate the computer. It didn't want to start and was very slow when it did so I need to uninstall some unused programs. I already did some and it is better now, but it still needs some work, a clean up and a defragmentation to be back to it's normal not so great health. The computer is 6,5 years old, so it is slowly heading retirement (or the D word, but if I type that, he takes it as a sign to act up).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So Dh signed the title on the purchasing line not the seller line so IDK if we have to have it reissued to us to sell it to DD or what. He has wasted 2 of her days off and she works Sat. So I have to go in and face the crap about it. I specifically mentioned it to him. IJDK what his issue is. All I do lately is yell at him pay the bleep attention I just want the car bit over. Now Dd is complaining it stinks in it. I told her that I would have it detailed. BUt she was adament that I dont.
    Can I runaway now? please.lol

Sd-you seem to be jetting ahead like always.
    Rei-sorry I am just moving past that
    ILC-I think no tick prevention w/ mine? IDK. We dont do the cats and have been very lucky.

Hunter is so freakin' adorable. Mackey was on his side and Hunter was charging up and batting him. So sweet.
    Shopped at S.A. and found 2 sweaters for Dmom. Everything she has is still big. We got pants sorted but the tops and sweater are 3 sizes large. I got her smalls hope their small enough.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Afternoon!!

Rai, OH, love your song!! So sorry you and the kids are sick, what a drag!! Well, maybe you can get everyone feeling better before Christmas! Hugs!!

Ayanka, You are really working on your house, it won''t be long and it will all be done!

FW, Boy you sure are having a tough time getting rid of that car!! lol Hope you finished it up today! You have to be excited about your son coming home now, its getting closer!! LOL on you bunny!! You are going to post pictures rirght??
    Glad the orange worked for you, I havent eaten oranges, no kidding for 30+ years. Now after all this I have had an orange everyday siince I left the hospital, wow thats the 17th! Wow, thats alot of oranges!!

Niko, how are you? sending up prayers! hugs

SD. Merry Christmas to you!! Wow you're getting a dining room!! Wow now thats a gift!! I bet that just opened the house right up! How exciting! I bet you start sorting thru things now, boy that light at the end of the tunnel is probably blinding you now!! lol
    Dh built stairs to the bed for the cats, its too far up for them to jump, would that help your baby getting up and down? Maybe a ramp? We put carpet on it so they wouldn't slip on the wood. Now need to do something for my 3 legged dude hes having a hard time getting into his chair.

ILc, Nope, muscles are still in a big tight knot. Sometimes I think they don't know how to relax. But thanks for asking!! What did you get at the waffle house?? DS's friend use to work at one, oh did he make a mean waffle and hashbrowns, oh yum!! SHould say tho I really didn't like their coffee, use to get tea.

I think I might have destroyed a ups drivers mind. I slept in, drug myself up to find my air wasn't coming thru my tubes. HELP!! Got my son to trace it, had a pin hole or somehting in the headpiece part. ok sitting here in my robe, sipping on coffee, trying to get my oxgen back up, and someones pounding on the door, what?? They pounded again, then it occured to me that DH was at the Drs. So I go hauling to the front door, oh good lord, in my ratty robe, didn't comb my hair, wash my face, looking half dead I opened the door to see the horror on his face!! Poor guy, I signed his thing as fast as I could, he pushed the package in the door, and went running back to his truck!! I feel so bad, and SO stupid!! I will have to get him something nice for Christmas, he went beyond his duty as a driver!! lol
    Then ordered some stocking stuffer stuff, online, DH was going to pick it up for me when he was in town, well, the store couldn't find the order, he couldn't find the order number, so they thought it didn't go thru, well, I looked it up and now feel worse .. They are shipping the order, I can't believe he stood in line for 30 min, to pick up an order that isn't there..
    DH went to Dr. testing his thyroid and anemia, sp. hes been tired all the time. If that isnt it, he goes in for sleep apnea, always seems to be something!

Dh Got the pork, I got 2 really huge size type hams, they have to be brined for 1 week them smoked, He even gave me a ham hock to be done, I can use in my split pea soup. i am So excited!!

King soopers has 18 ct eggs this week for 1.99, think I will get 5 doz and freeze some of them..

today
    Put away groceries Dh is picking up
    load of laundry
    wash new rug, that someone got sick on aready, it made it 3 days.
    rest and work on some of these muscles

Have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by pinetree; 12-10-2015 at 02:56 PM. Reason: spelling, of course
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - can't wait to see the big celebration when the pool table is all gone!

This morning before work I got the house picked up, vacuumed and worked out. That will probably be it for today, still have to make dinner and lunch for DH for tomorrow and then the couch is calling me. I want to see that Dolly Parton movie tonight. Don't like her music but she seems like such a nice person, someone I would like to sit on the back porch with and hear stories of her childhood.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Feel better, Raiquee. Sorry to hear the carrier monkeys are bringing you all those germs.

Another busy day at Ayanka's house! Good for you. You've been working so hard but it's going to be so worth it once it's all done.

FW, good luck with the car. It seems a lot more complicated there than here. We didn't have any trouble when we bought in Michigan but then the dealer handled it. Hope you can get it straightened out.

Pinetree, the kitchen actually contains our dining room. The family room where the pool table was/is will still be a work room, like always. We don't have a basement or heated garage and projects can't all be put on hold over winter. The dining room set was inherited from Husby's step-grandma, and he's been using the table for his computer in his office, till he got the 'new' desk recently. The chairs were stored in Mom's basement till she sold her house, then we stuffed them into the cabin where they cluttered up my office till I reclaimed that over the summer. Now they're cluttering up the LR. The dining room table will get moved into the family room when Sugar dies and used for projects. Husby needs to keep his computer in the LR until then because otherwise I'd be having to care for her almost 24/7 and it's just too tiring. This way, he helps her in the evenings and weekends and I get the weekday shift and all the nights. He doesn't have room for his computer on the desk till he sorts some stuff anyway, so it's all working out.

A ramp by the bed wouldn't help. It would be too steep for her. But thanks for the idea anyway. We have a small chest and a taller cedar chest at the foot of the bed and that worked for a while, but not anymore. It's safer just to lift her up and down.

I wouldn't worry about the UPS guy. I'm sure they've seen everything already!

I don't want to rain on the ham parade, but brine is made with salt so I don't understand the advantage over just buying ham.

Wish we could get eggs for $2/18. We just paid $2.50/dozen and thought we were doing well. I'd buy five dozen too, but wouldn't bother to freeze them!

Rabbit, hope you enjoy the movie. I was thinking about that too, but I don't know yet what we'll be watching.

I got the big pieces sewed together for the chair cushion covers. Now I'm out of fabric, which I knew I would be, so have to scare up some other upholstery fabric out of the stash. I'm sure I'll find something.

I went to look over the sweatshirt project for Mom and can't find my ribbing! I have a big collection of it so it shouldn't be hard to find, because it's not like it would fit in some little box or something. I can't figure out where it went. If it's in the sewing room, I can't see where it could be because of the size of container it would require. The only thing I can think is it somehow got put into a tote and then stored in the back bedroom or back closet. I've been through almost every tote we own recently and would have put it in the sewing room if I noticed it had escaped. It just doesn't make any sense at all where it could be. So I'll be tearing the house apart between now and Christmas, looking for the dang stuff. Like I don't have anything else to do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-cheap thrill you naughty girl,scary those young boys. I was breastfeeding and went out to get the mail at my other house. Our box was on the house. The mailman was still there. Class act. Afternoon ma'am. Afternoon have a nice day. Entering the house realizing I was not covered sufficiently to be saying hello. It gets so natural after 2 yrs. that I forgot I was.

Poor Dh-2 accidents and 2 hours home again. Dark when he leaves,dark when he comes back. He has a local offer in the early stages for good money starting the 1st of the year. It is direct hire and remote so he can work at home. Fingers crossed while praying ladies.

SD-Its just title transfer to DD. They are dif.. there and I havent ever sold a car.
    I thought if the C.U. sent me the title we were done. Apparently I had to take it back and get it signed? We paid it off in like 2008/09? So it sat this way 7 yrs. I never planned to sell it anyway. Like I said i would rather give it to her but 2 kids not 1. Then the additional issue that its in Dh's name totally and they wouldnt even look at the reciept. Just too busy speaking to me in a snotty tone. She wasnt even waiting on me.lol