2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 253
Page 253 of 271 FirstFirst ... 153203243250251252253254255256263 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Celery=water and fiber no idea of salt. wow thx. for the info.

Pinetree-I kicked my own butt today and the day tried to get me but its not- Just sick plus holiday stress
    So far today vaccumn clogged,glasses missing,minefields in the bsmt from Hunty,stepped in dookie in the back yard,manger broken,igloo set 2 broken pieces,tree stand broken. lol
    Did a load of laundry in dryer
    did dishes
    set up my 3 mangers on entertainment center
    dusted entertainment center and a lg. bookcase
    This day can suck it. I am not being a give in kinda girl!!!!
    Gotta go see if the kind of swivel stand I like is still sold. The new one leaks,the old base cracked.

TRN-that sounds very involved. I am rooting for you guys. Looks like both ours Dh's will do surgery in Jan. now.

ILC-What do you think? I have to talk to him a certain way,always have. I dont say you should. I say man your braver than me. I sure wouldnt attempt that. I'd be afraid my truck would overhead and the block would crack,prob. on a dk. road w/ a snow storm w/ my luck. He's like my Ddad was. You werent going to TELL him anything. So I infect his mind w/ MOM viruses. lol /shhh! he still doesnt know.
    And i never say I told you so. That isnt productive. I say well,thems the brakes,where ya going from here? Gotta know your audience.

Pinetree-I am putting in an order for thumbprints and those 1/2 moonshaped cookies w/ mincemeat. DH-choc. chip. drool drool. Not Christmas cookies. "dont care that what I like" (channeling Homer Simpson) sigh.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, good luck on the brown earthy walls. I hope someday we get to see more before and after pics. (No pressure, it's just fun seeing pics.)

Raiquee, congrats on the dishwasher! We're relearning to use ours correctly so doing dishes isn't a chore. We've been doing well for a few days now so I hope we can redevelop the habit. I'm sick of dirty dishes sitting around all the time. Now that the water heater has been replaced, we don't even have to handwash all the plastics anymore so might as well take advantage of the dishwasher as much as possible. I hope your family is getting over the illness that's been sweeping through your house.

ILC, the back closet is high on the priority list, but I don't want to drag everything out of it till the rest of the stuff that's sitting around here is sorted. I don't think it'll take very long to go through that stuff once I get to it.

Everyone in the path of storms, stay safe! We're supposed to get a lot of precip in the next few days and I hope it snows instead of raining. We need snow badly.

Pinetree, not being a smartass but don't you have to add water back to the dehydrated celery in order to make the brine? Is there a point to dehydrating it then? Or am I just more clueless than usual? I'm so happy for you that your family works with you to keep you on your diet. So many families don't care enough to do that. You're lucky!

Someone said something about hoping the guy comes for the pool table today, but it'll be at least next week. With the weather the way it is, I don't know if it'll be then either. If he only has an open truck to move it and the roads are sloppy, it could be ruined if he tries to take it so far. But that's his decision. Husby said he mentioned a trailer so maybe he has an enclosed trailer or can get a long bed truck with a topper, I don't know. I do hope he can get it soon.

Today I'm test-driving the Crock-Pot for the camper. It's been years and years since it's been used, so I don't want to be somewhere camping and then find out I don't have a Crock-Pot. I'm also using a roasting bag in it for the first time, to see how that goes. It'll be nice if we can have less clean-up while on vacation, too, especially since the Crock won't fit in the camper sink. I think I'm going to like using that Crock-Pot. So happy I didn't buy the new one I was considering. The one I have takes a lot less space. About all I would gain buying the new one is a removable crock, so it's not worth the money or the extra space it would take.

I also got Mom's sweatshirt cut out. It sort of ticks me off because she knew when she bought the fabric there wasn't enough of it, so it was kind of a struggle getting it and I had to piece the large collar, and couldn't make the style she wanted with a zipper. Plus the fabric has a nap and it's a one-way print besides, so it got tricky. She lucky I have the skills I do. Maybe I'm just mad at myself for allowing myself to be manipulated into making the thing in the first place, which I knew she was doing when she did it. But it shouldn't take me too long, now that it's cut out. It was sure nice to have a table where I could sit down part of the time I was cutting, which saved my back vs. using the pool table. Maybe I won't miss the pool table as much as I thought.

I'm trying a new chicken and rice WW recipe in the Crock. I think it'll be good but maybe needs some chili powder or Cajun seasoning. https://www.weightwatchers.com/food/...ecipeid=212521

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TRN - prayers going up for your husband. That has got to take a toll of him as well as your family. Glad to hear it worked for making his hand feeling better.

fw - like the term "mom viruses"!

to everyone who asked about the movie, never saw it, I feel asleep before it even started!

Well the doctors office called today and they found a high level in my blood work and want me to do a 24 hour urine test. They are checking for an adrenal gland tumor. I went on line and I have many of the symptoms so of course I've been freaking out today. DH told me this is not like me but I told him one of the symptoms is anxiety! (I've been anxious for about a month now) I will be doing the test next week so I'd appreciate any prayers.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-darn straight there will be prayers. Got to get it in there and walk. Let it nag away.

So i did the dishes incl. putting the 2nd load away
    Got laundry done but need to put away
    cleaned the entertainment center mostly
    dusted the 1 bookshelf and started on the second
    put out 3 manger
    Haul and trimmed the tree and put together the new stand I got
    Got the tree up and pruned the bottom. It will relax over night and get pruned more,light tomorrow
    Mopped part of the living room
    paid 2 bills
    Talked w/ Dmom
    Trained Hunty a bit more
    There are a lot of displaced things but tomorrow is another day. FW done good.

SD-we need snow badly too.

Dh said the interveiws went well today and the 1 we want sounded very interested and that he would be a good fit. Heard all that before so prayers and fingers still crossed. I would love him back before winter storms hit,surgery and that gas prices go up. Plus I want Ds to be able to spent some time w/ him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

And a lovely dreary rainy day to everyone. Ds informed me he will be starting here on the 21st. I expect he is off earlier and will spend time w/ his Gf. We havent heard where he is going next and I am pretty sure I dont want to hear it.

Old cat Maxx (17) isnt doing real well today. His back legs are weak. I hope he can last a bit longer but I am not real encouraged. We have had him about 15 yrs.

Stayed up late making my Christmas card montage on the wall. I do it every year.
    Very few people send new ones anymore. I quit myself.

To DO
    -get cat litter
    -find santa decor and take down books for santa bears
    -possbly put up lights on house
    -possibly put lights on tree (so far so good w/ pets)
    -make stew w/ beef I have
    -shower
    -call Dmom
    -groc. shop

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, you've got a date for DS! YEA! And the job interview sounded promising. Here's hoping it'll work out. Sorry about old Maxx. When they get that old every little thing is scary. Our Sophia is at least 14 and she's showing it. The last of her litter, Toot, is 13 and in pretty good shape but he seems to be slowing down too.

RABBIT, praying about your testing and the results.

Ayanka, I'll check with DS about automatic defragging. Thanks.

Raiquee, aren't dishwashers wonderful? I went almost a year without one and I'll never take it for granted again.

pinetree, don't strain that back. Be careful. I know it's frustrating when it's a busy time of year and you're hurting and can't do what you need to do. HUGS!!

Everyone else, hi, have a good Saturday.

A lot of today's list will be from yesterday because I ended up working outside trimming shrubbery and such. Today's going to be even warmer and prettier. In a way it's nice because we don't need to run the heat but it's not exactly conducive to promoting the Christmas feeling! People are walking around in shorts and T shirts. It's quite odd.

For Saturday:

1) Vacuum/mop downstairs
    2) Laundry
    3) Finish decorating Christmas tree
    4) Package meat for freezer
    5) Revise menu plan
    6) Spend time outside

Have a productive day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RABBIT View Post
    Well the doctors office called today and they found a high level in my blood work and want me to do a 24 hour urine test. They are checking for an adrenal gland tumor. I went on line and I have many of the symptoms so of course I've been freaking out today. DH told me this is not like me but I told him one of the symptoms is anxiety! (I've been anxious for about a month now) I will be doing the test next week so I'd appreciate any prayers.
    I can relate to the anxiety of not knowing, just know these tumors are very rare and there are other adrenal gland issues it could be that are easily fixed. How long will it take for them to run the tests? Prayers sent.

I have had that fogginess a lot where the end of the day comes and I have no memory of what I did that day. So I am getting very little done. And I need to get stuff done, I'll be the one decorating the house. All these boxes of my mom's falling apart, musty, cheap decorations from the 80s got brought up. There is no sentimental value, I am going to lobby the hoarder to toss this crap. I already told her wreath on door, manger set up, stockings hung, tree decorated and that's it. I am not decorating the mantle and every available surface with that crap. If she wants it bad enough, she can con my dad into doing it. She even admits it's crap. I told her if we can get rid of some, we can buy some nice looking new stuff after Christmas. This is one of those times I refuse for my own wellbeing to get sucked into the hoard and her hoarder issues. I get it, it's nearly impossible for her to throw the stuff out but I just cannot get sucked in. If she gets rid of nothing and the boxes go back downstairs, they are going in a new section. A section of boxes that I know with 100% certainty that they can be tossed when the time comes. So maybe today it will get done but i swear, dealing with the hoarding really takes the wind out of my sails when it comes to decorating at all. I have no Christmas spirit and end up doing it out of obligation. I hate that my kids have reached an age that decorating the tree is of zero interest to them.

well, with all that complaining, I could've got half the decorating done, lol, sorry!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

First of all, if anyone thinks I am doing weird things, being my house the condition it is, I promised to participate in something called 'de warmste week'. English translation would be the most warm week. This is linked to an immensely popular radio show, broadcasting every year before Christmas called 'Music for Life'. This show collects money for all kinds of different charities and collects millions of Euros every year. Keep in mind this mainly runs in Flanders with a population of 7 million, so about the population of a very big city. At my job, some volunteers who are participating in this project will be making a variety of things. I am participating with the soups, because it is frugal and I am a disaster at baking.

So for today I got the ingredients for the 2 main soups I want to make. I might make another batch of soup to get rid of the leftovers though, so I don't have a ton of veggies to store in the freezer. I am going to clean up the complete kitchen, so I have space to cut the ingredients and its hygienic. Because of the works in the house, sadly there is quite a lot of dust everywhere. And I am going to run the washing machine. I need a bit of a break from dealing with the house stuff before I go insane and this is my way of celebrating Christmas. Sorry, but for me Christmas is about doing something for people that have less than me, rather than giving a ton of presents than people won't really care about. For my mum it is against her faith to give Christmas presents, so it is not a habit in the family.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice View Post
    I can relate to the anxiety of not knowing, just know these tumors are very rare and there are other adrenal gland issues it could be that are easily fixed. How long will it take for them to run the tests? Prayers sent.

I have had that fogginess a lot where the end of the day comes and I have no memory of what I did that day. So I am getting very little done. And I need to get stuff done, I'll be the one decorating the house. All these boxes of my mom's falling apart, musty, cheap decorations from the 80s got brought up. There is no sentimental value, I am going to lobby the hoarder to toss this crap. I already told her wreath on door, manger set up, stockings hung, tree decorated and that's it. I am not decorating the mantle and every available surface with that crap. If she wants it bad enough, she can con my dad into doing it. She even admits it's crap. I told her if we can get rid of some, we can buy some nice looking new stuff after Christmas. This is one of those times I refuse for my own wellbeing to get sucked into the hoard and her hoarder issues. I get it, it's nearly impossible for her to throw the stuff out but I just cannot get sucked in. If she gets rid of nothing and the boxes go back downstairs, they are going in a new section. A section of boxes that I know with 100% certainty that they can be tossed when the time comes. So maybe today it will get done but i swear, dealing with the hoarding really takes the wind out of my sails when it comes to decorating at all. I have no Christmas spirit and end up doing it out of obligation. I hate that my kids have reached an age that decorating the tree is of zero interest to them.

well, with all that complaining, I could've got half the decorating done, lol, sorry!
    Bernice what's the chance of just pitching part of the crap and just plain not say anything? It's not like she's going downstairs to hunt it out. It's very unlikely she'll have him put it out on display. NOthing else wait till after Christmas and pitch it then. Some every week or however your garbage pickup is.

Back later with my list for next couple days
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit, try to think positive. Even if the tumor is not benign or it even is a tumor, odds are pretty good for successful treatment, right? Let us know what you find out.

Bernice, I agree, toss some of that crap. Your mom never goes down there and she'll never know. How would your dad feel about getting rid of some of it? If he's in favor and will avoid telling your mom, then go for it. With everything else you have to deal with, maybe it would be better to just do minimal decorating if any at all. Put your energy into making traditional foods or whatever.

Ayanka, I like that tradition! That's very nice of you to make food for those in need. And it'll be a nice break from working on the house.

Raiquee, I think your carrier monkeys have found a way to spread the creeping gack via the internet, because I haven't been sick in years and woke up this AM with a cold. Blah.... (J/K, hope your household is feeling better.)

We lost our minds today at the grocery store and especially at Dairy Queen. The grocery store had that expensive organic milk for .78/half gallon today. Normally we pay about $3.90/gallon for non-organic, so I bought eighteen halves. That is, after all, why we own freezers. Then they had those really tasty sausage-stuffed roasts, so I bought two at $5/lb. Not cheap, but the milk savings paid for it, not that it matters. Husby later reminded me we had one of those roasts in the freezer. Gee thanks, and why did my friendly enabler tell me to buy the second one today then? Oh, well, we'll enjoy them. Maybe we'll take one to Mom's for Christmas. And we got the 24 pounds of ground turkey for dog food, at $1.30/lb, normally over $2/lb. Got three tubes of biscuits to make donut holes with for .18 each. I also picked up three packages of very expensive cheese on close-out, but they were still expensive. We like all kinds of cheese so when we find something interesting in the gourmet section, we splurge now and then. Husby wanted two boxes of chocolate graham crackers at fifty cents each, and I bought six plain ones for dog treats, same price.

And then there was DQ. Today is customer appreciation day and everything is half price. I specifically planned our errands so we left home before sunup, since DQ doesn't open till 10 AM and I figured we could avoid the expense and calories, plus I don't feel great so wanted to get home ASAP. So we did errands and headed for home, right past DQ. Where there were cars in the parking lot at 9:15. Ummmm...... So we stopped and Husby knocked on the door because it was locked, to ask if they were open even though the locked door should have been a clue. The owner saw him and said we could come in, so we had very early lunch. (It was 12 o'clock somewhere, after all. ) Then we bought two boxes of Dilly bars, six large Blizzards, and two sundaes. Bad, bad, so bad. But we brought home the Blizzards and split them up into about thirty small servings to enjoy over winter. So glad for my collection of Tupperware! The sundaes are for today or this weekend sometime. We blew $33 dollars there. Oh, and the cars in the parking lot? There's a group of older guys who come in every morning before DQ opens and have coffee together, and whatever they want from the grill or ice cream. Gotta love small towns! It was interesting listening to them gossip. We left there at 9:45 and there was a line at the front door, so they told us to go out the back door like the rule-breakers we were. LOL. It was sure nice not to have to fight the crowd like every other year though, and nice of the owner to let us in. We had a good chat with him while enjoying our brunch. He was saying this is the fiftieth year, or maybe next year is, that his family has owned and operated the DQ here. That's an impressive record.

So now the freezers are packed full again, but the milk is taking up a lot of space and we'll be using that up relatively quickly, so no worries.

We skipped GW completely. I just didn't feel like it and don't want to add to the stuff in the house right now.

We bought bolts to complete the installation of a part that should have been installed at the bottom of the storm door in the back porch the day it was put in but wasn't (not my fault, the contractors did that) so that's finally done. That'll help protect the bottom of the door from seeping moisture up into it. Glad that's finally done, even though the bolts we bought were too long so we had the fun of cutting them down.

That's about it for ta-dones today and I'm probably not going to do much of anything else except lay around in the sedative recliner the rest of the day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post
    Bernice what's the chance of just pitching part of the crap and just plain not say anything?
    odds aren't good because she did somehow manage to get down there with the cleaning lady and picked out the first batch of boxes. This was obviously a horrible choice and she felt bad enough that she said she's not going back down. She's poked through the boxes and is pulling out things she really wants because "we have to do more than what you are doing." Why? The people who visit at the holidays know us and our situation and would probably be shocked anything is up.

so my hope is after the holidays, I will put all the really bad stuff in that special corner of the basement and then maybe I can get rid of it because it won't be in the usual spot next year and she won't be able to get down there to find the stuff or she won't be here at all. Then I think about that and feel guilty complaining about what is probably her last decent Christmas. Guilt and my mom go hand in hand for me. I could just pretend we are having an Ugly Sweater party except ours is an Ugly House party, put out all of the really bad stuff so when my brother comes home, he and his fiancee will be speechless at the depths of tackiness. That could actually be fun and a win for mom and a semi-win for me, lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just wait until shes gone. You said she is very ill. My Dmom is very attached to certain things that puzzle me. She threw out all the Christmas w/ ease but holds onto cleaning the linen closet of twin sheets when she has only full beds?

I am trying to sort Christmas as I go thru it. I dumped about 20 cards so far,a smashed face santa,am tossing a manger as i locate the spare, I have 3 manger nativity that are similar and they need to get decided,2 candles so far. Dh went and replaced the light clips. I had to get a new stand yesterday. I need a line on the Christmas budget for replacing I guess. I bet I find a lot more stuff to go as I sort too. Need to bail for lunch

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Make a good list, FW. There are bound to be close-outs here in about two weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-actually the stand was 30% off already. I think the no snow is stalling sales.
    I got bent out of shape because Dh is quick to jump to the hardware store impulsively and grab things we already have.across the street literally. He's like it was only... Because looking requires patience he doesnt generally have.
    Glad both our DQ's closed a few months ago. Oct, 30th is the stop date on 1 and the other about a month after. Hangs head in shame she knows this. Dmom had a shake in front of me the other day at 5 brothers and I thought I would die of temptation. Now I'm thinking about a mint choc. chip sundae w/ whip creme. NOPE.

so the old cat threw up and had the smelliest messy runs. He hardly ate anything to get sick either. He was bugging me so i opened a beef can and he ate some. We did this before too,I remember typing it now. Of course our vet closed at noon. I guess I will keep an eye. 1x never warrents an emergency visit IMHO.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD--Sounds like someone after my own heart. I went to Kroger today and got free bread, juice, and cat food and coupon for another container of cat food. I ended only spending $15 and saved over 50% with sales, freebies, and using coupons. Made DH a pineapple upside down cake using fresh pineapple that I needed to use up. Finished up buying for my Christmas angel and will take to church tomorrow. Got a pork loin marinating for lunch tomorrow. Waiting on the storms, but I think we are going to miss the worst of it. Windows open and fans going in the house. It's hot in the house. Imagine that and in December.