2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 254
Page 254 of 271 FirstFirst ... 154204244251252253254255256257264 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

woohoo heard from Ds and he took the truck in and spent $850. for tie rod ends and a bunch of other stuff. MoM virus baby. Seriously, I feel better. He said he was glad too. I'll take it for a thx. I asked if he would consider making a layover 1/2 way thru and he said IDK. So I told him to think about it and run it by the guy he is driving tandum w/. I threw in an offer of $100. towards a motel seeing he wouldnt take money for the checkout. Its in his head thats all I can do. It had 10 days to worms into his brain.lol

Having HM shakes. Yeah I do know. BBT

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Evening I'm here just busy, helped the kids move fish into the new tank then tear down the old one. It was fun and I love the fish and corals. its just So cool!

RABBIT just wanted you to know I'm praying hard for you, keep those angels with you.

I'll catch up more tomorrow, just stopping by to say HI!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, thanks now I have to go get ice cream!! Its snowing like heck here, oh yea, I'll just turn the heat up!!

ILC you are up late tonight!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OK, decideed to write this now, that way I can drink coffee and read the paper, in my jammies and robe.

RABBIT, take it easy, you will be OK. Gotta have faith...

Niko, You too, sending up prayers

Gbug, saying prayers for you too, hope you are doing better, stay safe in the storms, was watching some of the chasers tonight, theres some good thunderstorms down your way.. did you win a bunch of money?

FW, yum ... ice cream,
    So glad your DS had the truck checked out, would have been a mess if he broke a tie rod going down the highway!!
    Hope DH gets the new job, at home and more money!!
    How that little puppy doing?? are you feeling better? Sending up prayers for you too!!
    Hope your cat is ok.

Ayanka, What a wonderful thing you are doing!! Isn't that what its all about? giving to others?!!

Rai, hope you are doing better, so glad your dishwasher is back up and running, I don't know what I would do with out one!!

SD, Ok, now this is confusing so hope you get it, we had a big mess DH went back down to the butcher this morning to figure this all out.
    Put the meat in food safe container, pour in water, until covered, measuring as you go.
    dump out the water
    fill stock pot with the new measured water, add 1 pint of pickling spice, and dehydrated celery juice, until water turns tea color, then cool
    Inject the heck out of the meat with the brine from above, put the meat back into the food safe container and cover with the rest of the brine, keep in refridgerater
    turn and rotate meat everyday for 3 to 4 days
    pat dry and smoke with your favorite wood, which will be hickory and apple.
    we are also going to glaze it with apple, pineapple, brown sugar.
    I guess you can buy the dehyrated celery juice at walmart or any butcher? OK, thats what we are told.
    DH brought home samples of their ham, and its kinda different, it has NO salt taste to it, but we think when we add the glaze it will be better. We are cooking both of them, plus the hamhock, then we can freeze the other one, and warm it up like you do a ham.
    I'm pretty excited! TA-DA, my own cured ham!! Next is hot dogs and sausage!!
    Yes, I am SO lucky, My family goes out of their way to help me with my diet, I never would have thought They would do all this for ham. This is one reason I am not losing any weight! lol
    Sounds like I need to come raid your freezer!! Oh yea, love the ice cream in the winter!! well and the summer!
    Hey, I can hope the guy comes for the pool table!!
    Hope you feel better too! Please dont pass it on to me!

ILC, I'm ok, I had back problems before all this other stuff, now I have to deal with both, sometimes I think I should have my back fused, then I think again. I'm feeling much better today, thanks for thinking about me!!
    How are you doing, seeing you keep ignoring my question!! LOL
    Hey, Ice cream break!!! Did you hear FW yell??!!

Hi to everyone I forgot,

I didn't get a thing done from my list, but we got the fish tank all done, and the fish seem to be happy in their new digs! They went from a 20 gallon to a 90 gallon, I have fallen in love with the fish, and one of the corals, aww,, Dh asked me if I wanted the old tank, it took everything I had to say no. We had a big tank for years, and everytime I lost a fish it would kill me. These fish are salt water so they are more expensive too! I will just go and visit theirs, I have a favorite fish and saving money to buy them a coral to add to their collection. Since I have claimed one of theirs as mine. I just love it and the more I make a fuss about it the bigger it gets! lol Tho it kills me whe we lose a coral too.

Sundays list
    sleep in
    read sundays paper
    drink coffee
    get dressed when I feel like it
    I'm using Sunday as a retirement day!! I keep forgetting I'm retired!!
    fix an easy peasy meal

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone, I'll be thinking about you!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning, everybody!

Gbug, we had doors and windows open yesterday too. The high was 75, I think, and today it's going to 77. Of course, tomorrow it's supposed to rain. Originally we were told to expect storms tomorrow but now it seems to be just some rain. Our 3-season azaleas are so happy, just blooming away! Next weekend we're supposed to go down to 28 one night. Weird, wacky weather.

Ayanka, I love what you're doing! Homemade soups, yum.

Bernice, I think your idea is good---just pack up the junk after the holidays and pack it in the "get rid of" corner. It's not an ideal situation, but for now it works.

RABBIT, listen to Bernice, she's a nurse! In the meantime, till you find out, prayers are going up for you.

Niko, good to hear from you.

SD, hope that cold is better today. And you got good deals at the store and at DQ yesterday---sometimes you have to spend to save, and that was one of those times.

fw, how is Maxx today? So glad you got to plant the seed in your DS's head about breaking up the trip. He might not use your idea but at least you tried.

pinetree, I'm fine! A few allergy issues like a drippy nose and itchy eyelids but when it feels like spring outside, what do you expect I saw that your area might get a good bit of snow. So what's happening there? Hope you slept in today and that you sit around all day in jammies. I do that occasionally and oh, I feel so decadent.

Everyone else, have a good one.

Today is busy. Instead of church this a.m. we're going to the last performance tonight of the annual Christmas program. Before that, we have a memorial service to go to and DH's sister will drive to our house and we'll go together, then probably go somewhere to eat, then do church. DH is about to do some stuff related to the house painting and I'm doing laundry that didn't get done yesterday.

For Sunday:

1) Laundry IN PROGRESS
    2) Vacuum downstairs
    3) Clean bathrooms
    4) Memorial service 2:30
    5) Church 6:00

Have a nice Sunday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did yesterday's chores. My 3 for today:
    1. Make Hungarian goulash soup. This is the soup that will take the most time, because it are a ton of ingredients and it needs to simmer for 2 hours.
    2. Do the dishes.
    3. Put away the clothes from yesterday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey all. Feeling better. Took an allergy pill last night so I got up late.

ILC-I'm glad too. All I can do is try. I prob. should have timed it better but he leaves in about a week. Maxx got sick a second time and I thought this is it. He was weak and kept meowing at me.He did eat some of the beef cat food again. So I sat w/ him. Today he looks better and not as weak. IDK he did this before. I'll take what I can get. thanks for asking.

Pinetree-Hunty is good. He plays tug w/ Mikey and Mikey lays down to do it or Hunty stands on his back legs and wraps his paws around his neck to wrestle. He is respectful and asks if he can have the bone if Mackey has it. He leaves if its no and gets it after. Yogi is acting out. He is barking a lot more. All in All things are.
    PS-Hunty would like you to know whip creme is dancy dance good.

Dh already took DD to work and went for cat litter w/ a bunch of coupons. 2 were expired but I can usually use them but the Sun. girl might not know. I told him do what you can because it $16. if they let him. Thats 4 bags -ish. We are totally out.
    Then he was going to finish the lights.

Today
    put away laundry
    make something w/ the beef bits I defrosted-stir fry I think
    lights on the tree?
    call dmom
    drink water.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

woohoo. Dh got the XL cat litters on sale for $7. and then used all the coupons so he got the litter for $5.40 each after all was said and done. So like 57./10

And Pinetree the shakes were heavenly. Yum.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Afternoon girls
    Caught up on reading back. Yes, I do read all except the one time awhile back when I was gone for awhile and there were about 30 pages. Extra chatty that time. I like reading all the comings and goings.

For today and tomorrow ... will add to if I get these done, Yeah right. LLike that's going to happen

Cook up the big pkg of chicken I got last Monday ( yes, I kinda push the timeline on the chicken ). There were 6 huge boneless skinless breasts and I sliced and diced 4 of them and have them cooking now with Fajita mix. Other 2 are already in the freezer. When they're finished cooking I'll put them in a container in the fridge for this week for tacos, Quesadillas or just plain eating. This one is almost done.

One load laundry washed and dried. HOPEFULLY put away. Probably another one tomorrow.

Dishwasher put away and start a new load. SCORE ... had to get up anyway so went ahead and put away. Now to load what little is there.

Groceries taken downstairs that haven't been put away yet because they involve climbing those 2 stairs up and down to the pantry that I have problems with. Partially done. One more trip should do it. I think.

I've made some headway on kitchen counter. Want to do even just a little more clearing.

Bathroom mirror cleaned even if nothing else in there is done. Didn't realize it was that bad.

Downstairs swiffer mopped. Yes, I use Swiffer. It's easy on my back and shoulders. If I can physically and there's time I'll add the rest of the floors.

Look thru sale ads and make a tentative list.

Go thru my coupons and HOPEFULLY get cut out and put in binder. I have a pile from the news and no clue what's in them. That's not like me. Go to coupons dot com and see what can be printed and cut and put those in my binder too.

Bathe the little girls and brush. THAT alone is about 2 to 3 hours by the time they're dry enough to brush.

Go to grocery???? HAVE to get dog food.

Haven't done anything for Christmas so there's that. I at least need gift cards.

I have a few people to send Christmas cards to. Get that in the mail.

Bed made.

More of the &(*() couch ^&*() put away.

The oldest kid came and left. Made do with what I had done as far as the *()*_ couch. Turns out there really wasn't that much left there. It was just spread out all over and one piece was a blanket and one a sheet. Still shouldn't be there but that's how ^&*()_ rolls here.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello ladies!

Ilc, wow you have summer there! I'm jealous!! We have 4 iches of bright cold snow, sun's trying to come out, but we have another storm coming in tues. so don't think we will get rid of this one. Big storm hitting in far eastern co, ok. looks like white out conditiions, hope everyone stays safe and warm.

Hey Niko!!

WTG Ayanka!!

FW, you are going to have to get pictures of that little guy!! Please!! I have to see this whip cream dancy dance!! LOL Sounds adorable!!

Have a great day ladies..

RABBIT, we are all trying to send you our biggest positive vibes, I hope they are soaking in!! Hugs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-your dog is on time out. He went after the cat and I told him no,he went after me. Or tried. Dh put him on time out #2 today. The first was when he went after Yogi. I can see he's going to have to learn his place. Little dog Syndrome.

Didnt do anything on the tree. Dd said she would do light. I still need to trim.

Tomorrow
    see how Maxx is
    work on the house in some capacity??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, apparently they changed the soup day from Tuesday to Wednesday, without telling me. But as I already made the Goulash soup, that is still going to be served at Tuesday (its for about 24 people, so its more or less first comes first serves I guess) and the other 2 soups, Pea and Tomato vegetables (read tomato leftover) soup on Wednesday, so I ll be making that tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had a wonderful memorial for my SIL yesterday. Feeling a bit overwhelmed the closer I get to the holidays. Today I am wrapping presents and watering plants. I may make DH a coconut pie. That's about it for today. Hope you have a great day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, I wish I could taste some of that homemade soup. Of course, it's too warm here right now for soup.

fw, way to go on cat litter! We get ours at Tractor Supply reg. price $5.99 for 25 pounds. Haven't found it any cheaper anywhere else, not the clumping kind, anyway. I need to buy up 10 or 12 bags next time it's on sale since bad weather is being forecast for Jan. and Feb. and I sure don't want to run out of litter during a snow or ice storm.

Niko, oh, that sofa..... But you're definitely making progress.

pinetree, did you get any more snow? How do you heat your home in that kind of weather? Do you use oil or gas or electricity? We have natural gas heat and it's very reasonable plus we supplement with our wood fireplace but our temps seldom get as low as yours. If they do it's usually only for a day or two at a stretch. Did you lie around in your jammies yesterday? I was tempted to do that today but since it's warm I'll probably be going outside some, even though it's drizzly, so I got dressed.

Everyone else, Hi!

For Monday:

1) Mail some stuff
    2) General reset of house
    3) Put away clean laundry
    4) Move some things out of DS's room
    5) Mid-month finances
    6) Use up some veggies in the fridge

Have a productive day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, glad to hear the memorial went well.

Just do what you can to get ready for the holidays. You've had a lot going on. Be kind to yourself.