2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 259
Page 259 of 271 FirstFirst ... 159209249256257258259260261262269 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 4061
    TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The can cat food would be good for training treats....a bite here and there. I think it is the protein level spirit deer......cats require more......but I might be confused.....normally I am

I used to volunteer at an actual shelter so I hear you FW! The group I volunteer for now is just a cat rescue.....homeless abandoned cats....they do not take in pets. ( but they help out in this area as much as possible and yes rules get bent for the sake of the cats). We have no paid staff! Just totally dedicated, over worked volunteers. We also have 2 business gals with money who donate a lot of time running things and pay for a lot of expenses out of their own pockets. I think they pay the vet that does the spay/ neuter clinics but not sure. We are lucky and get to transfer our cats to the big city to 2 petcos and they have a few employees trained to do adoptions though I think our head honchos have the final say. Indoor only homes which I love! We have had about every horrible kind of case you can imagine....and even some I would never imagine. Americans as a whole still have a long way to go in the responsible pet owner department( in my opinion) though it seems to be getting better all the time. Living in a rural area seems to be worse for pet hoarders. I can not believe how many cases we have had. I am so thankful for all you here that love your pets so much. I need happy pet story's in my life

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's not right, FW. I hope you can find a better fit elsewhere. It sounds like they don't really need the volunteers or appreciate them. They're lucky to have you, and if they're not smart enough to see that, find a more welcoming place.

I sorted out three large totes of stuff from the sewing room (yeah, I know I'm jumping ahead and still have to do a box and a tote from the back room, oh, well). Now I can stop obsessing about the sewing room totes, which is nice. I put about 80% of it in a big box for GW, set aside two large chunks fabric for a project Mom wants to do, and the rest has homes in the sewing room when I get a chance to sort it into various places in there. The stack of empty totes in the back room has been growing like crazy this week. I've also gotten rid of the vast majority of cardboard boxes on the entire property with stuff stored in them, not counting all the crap Husby has piled back into his office which I never plan to count. The only cardboard I'll use for storage are some flat boxes that all match and work great for small items that don't store as well in anything else I've found. I think the only tote in the sewing room now is the one with vintage double knit I bought for some future rug projects since I'm so done with buying rugs that fall apart the very first time I wash them. It might take me years to get the HM rugs done but I'm not giving up the knit since it's become HTF. I happened to hit an estate sale and picked up two huge boxes for $10. I couldn't buy a new rug for that. Anyway, that tote and the one with the rug UFO in it can stack and won't be a problem because I'll know what's in them and will rarely have to move them. No more sore back, from that anyway. Stacking heavy totes four high is a recipe for back spasms and I'm glad that's over now.

I was all energetic this AM to make pork stew with dumplings. Now, not so much. I sense a pizza coming on. We really need to break that habit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

haha Sd-Dh is getting L.O. pork chop and a microwaved baked potato. All day long I thought of chicken soup and spaghetti but did neither.

So the lights are on the tree and we got a tiny snow squall so I am happier. The dogs were delighted. I recieved several card today incl. 1 from the rescue w/ everyones signature on it. Confusing.
    Feel bad for Dh driving in it. He said it was heavier over there. Its west of here so they usually get worse weather.

TDN-We get most of the cases from owner turn ins and relatives passing leaving pets behind but not always. We never pursue animals from the shelters like I'm used to.
    I used to go w/ the people and get dogs sometimes at the shelters/off a farm w/ a farmer threatening to drown them,do zoo day transport,etc. That was more of a "cowboy" rescue. It wasnt uncommon for those animals to be sick and uncared for.
    This rescue takes weird cases and gets them adopted. We had a blind/deaf dog/blind dog/have a 3 legged one,a kitten w/ part of its lip missing/ hi strung barkers,hairless. But they go faster than the healthy ones because everyone loves a story. Oh and 3 1/2 ton cats.
    going to let the season calm down before I make any rash decisions. But thanks for all the input.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm here finally!! Busy day plus msn keeps knocking me off of here!

ILC, Thanks, you can have the snow if you want it, you can pick it up anytime!
    Gald your DD has found a good guy, hopefully she will follow in his footsteps.

FW, when I was babysitting the weiner dogs the vet told me that a cats stomach is alot tougher than a dogs and a cat can eat more crap than a dog does. It was hard to keep them out of it too!
    Boy, I wish that gray cloud would quit following you, maybe when you get your tree up, then IDK, I have had years like that, where it can come and go, and I don't care.

SD, wow, you are still moving!! Looks like you will get your room back for Christmas!! How exciting!! Glad your puppy is feeling better too.

TDN, try not to worry, I'm finding out it doesn't do any good, but then I can't stop either!

RABBIT, Hope you are doing better... hugs and prayers

Niko, hugs and prayers too!

Hi to everyone I forgot.

Well, big disappointment , we don't get ham tonight. it takes 12+ hours, and looks like the plus is going to win. I am not waiting until midnight to eat. so will have it tomorrow night.
    We decided on primb rib for Christmas dinner, its on sale for $5.99 lb, can't beat that!, its cheaper than steak! So the kids are throwing it on the smoker with a brown sugar bourbon glaze, oh yum!!

Giving many Thanks today, it was a year yesterday I got out of the hospital.. seems alot longer, than again seems like yesterday.. Really makes a person think.. good and bad...

I am having so much fun shopping for giant bargins, with today being free shipping day, I am picking up some great deals! I got lined faux silk pinch pleated drapes for $10 a window!! one is 100x84! Two different color bathroom rug sets for $5, 2 tackle fishing bags for the kids for $7.99, 4 runner rugs $5 a piece, now would like to find a couple table cloths, my table is such an odd size I think I might make a couple 41x66 with out the leaf. I havent bought anything for so long, and love these prices. After Christmas I want to pick up some sweaters and jackets for next year.

Well I need to
    finish peanut butter crackers
    vacuum
    clean up cat hair on the couch

Have a good evening!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-wow your a shopping maniac today. I was wondering where you'd gotten too. IDK w/ me. I am in the throws of the winter blues harder than well ever I think. The thought of Ds arriving isnt even doing it. The 1/2" of snow perked me up.
    Dh going to "lunch" w/ his friend is ticking me off. He is complaining the LR is cluttered but its him that has to take the heavy furniture to the garage. IDK. DH is a caught in the moment kind of guy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I think its the everyday ho hums that are getting you, that and do you have s.a.d.? Kinda sounds like that too. Everytime you go to do something exciting , something happens and knocks you back down
    Like the rescue, I know that meant the world to you, BUT you can find another one that really needs and wants you, so let that door shut and open up the next one!! Those animals you petted and played with, will never forget you or your kindness to them.

Your DH is going thru doors to get to the right one too, it will happen when its suppose too. At least you aren't going backwards with all the frugal things you have learned!

Just trying to help friend, I hate to see you so sad, do you want an orange? I will glady share!!
    Praying all this changes for the good, very soon! hugs!

And yep! I am having a blast shopping!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree thanks it really does mean a lot. I'll message you

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've hated Christmas for about the past twenty years. At least I can get through it now without crying or raging, or crying AND raging. I've started appreciating the quiet of it all now. And the freedom from the expectations of everyone else. Still, I'm glad every year when it's over.

I hope you perk up when your son comes home, FW. You've had a rough year and it will probably be taking a toll for a while yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

yeah, kinda true I must say. I keep thinking about my Ddad lately and Hunter has traits that remind me of Bailey. I must have the thickest skull for it to take 2 yrs. to hit. Plus DH just goes though interveiw after interveiw. And up and down.
    The boss he has now extended the job thru Feb but flat out said he cant hire him. He did say he could apply for any job on the website and he'd recommend him. But the bottom line is its too far/ We need a remote position quick so he can do the surgery in Jan. and hide how bad it is! very stressful.
    I just want Ds to walk into a semblance of what it was like. He's had a rough year too. I'll decorate the tree tomorrow and wrap. Wash up the sheets for the bed,etc. I had a long talk w/ Dh about his role tomorrow. I should get by now Dh needs to be told each things blatently.
    SD-sorry you feel that way. That would be hard. I just feel like bit by bit everyone has kinda poofed out of our lives thru attrition. Kids grow up,people move and old people age out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For everyone who is feeling down, depressed, irritated, etc., this Christmas---I'm praying that you'll be able to feel some of the joy and hope and love of the season. Sometimes it's hard, I know that from my own life, but things DO get better.

pinetree, what sites are you using to get those great deals?! Those are fantastic! What fun! And way to go on your out-of-hospital anniversary! You've come sooooo far, and that makes me incredibly happy.

fw, that's a wise idea to wait to make shelter decision till after the holidays. Oh how I hope you have an awesome visit with your DS! How wonderful to see him after all this time!

SD, glad your cold is better. When I read your posts I'm picturing all these empty totes everywhere---great progress!

TDN, sometimes an animal cruelty case here will be publicized and I get almost physically ill. Our animal abuse laws are not nearly as tough as they should be even though there has been some improvement the last few years. If I could have just one wish granted, it would be for all animals and children to be safe, warm, well-fed, and happy.

Everyone I forgot/missed, hope you are having a good weekend.

It's cold here---went to 30 last night, which for us in December is cold. High yesterday was 53 with wind of almost 20 mph and naturally we had to go out for errands...but it was beautiful, just like today is, with bright blue sky and no clouds. We got some big stuff from DS's room donated to Rescue Mission so that's done.

For Saturday:

1) Continue cleaning out DS's room
    2) Mop (from yesterday)
    3) Some Christmas baking
    4) General reset of downstairs

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I thought I was the only one that, the older I get, the more I dread the holidays. The last 2 Thanksgivings my husband and I have said to heck with it and went on a little 2 night trip. I do enjoy it but then I feel guilty. The only ones I really care to see are my 2 nieces. They are growing up so I do not see them as much. They did come over last Sunday and help me put some decorations up. No tree.....I can blame allergys for that but if I actually really wanted one I would put one up anyways! I am always relieved to get through Cheistmas and when New Years is over I am very happy!

On my list today is the same.......girls are coming tomorrow so need to finish up the rooms! Also get everything else in order( it is not bad at all, luckly) and finish my small food list to pick up before Church tomorrow......nieces want loaded nachos so easy peasy but I will do veggies and ranch and some fruit and prob some other snacks. We have our once a year peppermint ice cream with hot fudge sauce. Today I have to go do my gramas hair, 1/2 hour drive each way, since I am busy with the girls in Monday.

FW, good idea to wait on your decision. You will know when the time is right to leave. I am sure another rescue group will welcome you with open arms!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN, I thnk we all go thru years like that, I almost feel some kinda of relief when the trees down and things go back to normal, theres always this energy that keeps your insides running full blast during the holiday season.

Have fun with the girls!

FW, hope you are feeling better today, I will think about you everytime I eat an orange... sending up prayers for you,,, hugs..

You too Niko!! Hugs..

SD. Sounds like you could use some cheer too.. Hope you are feeling better, well, you haven't slowed down yet, but maybe should say getting some rest!! WTG on all your decluttering!

ILC, Most of them were sales yesterday because of the free ship day, like cabella's. I don't know how much I saved on shipping, but it was quite a bit. Now I need to find some kitchen towels, cheap.. so will keep my eyes open!
    Here kohls and jcp are having alot of sales, walmart seems to be out of stock on everything. Lowes has lights on sale for .79 for 100. Dh wants led so we didn't get any.

Everyone must be busy, hi to all of you!

The ham finally got up to temp, at 11pm last night, so will reheat it for dinner tonight. We tasted the hamhock, and it really tastes like ham, only without salt so its kinda weird, but its close!! I can't wait for a grillled ham and cheese!

I guess I'm done shopping, DH told me the card has run out of money, aww, drats!! lol, I didn't spend enough for that card to notice!! I feel so much like SD saving all that money this year!!

today
    email bf
    vacuum again
    load of laundry
    more cookies and candy
    enjoy the warm.

Have a wonderful day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-your facination w/ ham.lol gotta love it. Around here Dh insists on one every Christmas placidly oblivious that the rest of us dont want it. Ds would eat seafood like lobster and crab,shrimp. DD likes veg sushi. sushimi?? like tuna rolls.
    I like pasta like Alfredo lol

So ripping and tearing up here and there so i cant talk. But I am a lot better. Still stressed to heck but a few things going. DD anounced after work she is going to friends for a mini exchange. Trnaslation-not cleaning the bathroom AGAIN.
    Well gotta do the dishes and throw a load and a roast. Toodles!!lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still sick here. Today is worse. I should be better. I don't think we dare to go to Mom's for Christmas since the progression of Husby's illness is a week behind mine and I'm going into the second week now, so she's going to be disappointed. But there's no way we're dragging this crap over to her so she gets sick, too. Oh, well, we can just have Christmas on New Year's.

We're no longer down about Christmas after all these years. We just don't care anymore. If it wasn't for Mom, we'd most likely be away from home for a mini-vacation, too. It would be a lot of fun to go somewhere for a winter break. But Mom would be heartbroken if we weren't with her for Christmas and that's okay. At least someone wants to be with us, and we want to be with her, too.

The happiest thing about Christmas for us this year is the pool table will most likely be gone by the time Christmas arrives.

The accessories for our KA mixer that I've looked for for years sold out while we procrastinated about whether or not the order was complete, so that's a nice howdy-do. I hope they get them back in stock.

Nothing much done here today. It's a rerun of last Saturday, feeling lousy and sitting around napping all day long.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, hope you start feeling better, it wouldn't be nice if your Mom has to spend Christmas by herself. It gets really lonely if you dont have anyone, been there done that. You have a few days maybe you will feel better by then

FW, I will tell you one thing, curing a ham in a pain in the axx, I havent had ham for almost 1 1/2 yrs. All of my Drs. told me to never bite into a piece of salty ham, I will be back in the hospital before I knew it. So this is pretty exciting for me. I really appreciate the kids putting an entire weekend into, brining, smoking and curing them. I will have enough to last me along time. Funny how you dont want something, until you cant have it anymore!

The snows melting!! Slow but its melting off the roof, but the roads, and driveway aren't melting yet. We have enough to last until Christmas, and the lights do look pretty with all the snow.

ILC, stay warm!! Funny how our weather is the opposite of yours!!

Almost forgot had a taco johns taco for lunch and got to have a apple grande too! Its was completely wonderful!! I miss eating out SO bad!!

Off to fold laundry..