2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 260
Page 260 of 271 FirstFirst ... 160210250257258259260261262263270 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like your slicer will be getting a workout prepping that 'ham' for the freezer! It sounds delicious.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-ham ham ham ham (sung to Monty Pythons? spam song? )IDK just popped in from somewhere in the cobwebs of my mind. Dh is after Big Boy classics for us.
    I have cherry pie for dessert. Never did the roast. tomorrow.

Took my nap w/ 3 cats. Hunty had a fit. JEALOUS little squirt.
    '

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, hope that ham is deeeelicious!

DS texted me at 11:30 last night to tell us he'd hurt his back packing stuff up, so we're not sure we'll be moving him tomorrow. Right now I'm planning as though we are. He HAS to be out by the 28th and that place is going to need some cleaning (actually more than some) and it's Christmas week so we're in a time crunch. But we'll make it happen because it has to happen!

For Sunday:

1) Finish emptying DS's room
    2) More Christmas baking for DD's office party
    3) Make list of what I still need to get for Christmas dinner

Have a good Sunday, everyone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-sorry to say your kids sound like mine!! DD took off until tonight and of course works tomorrow.

Super tired today. Plan to tackle the ornaments and maybe wrap some. Dh is having a bronchitis attack and has decided Mucinex will do. Maybe we can visit him in the hosp. for Christmas. Frustrating. He gets this every year. IF I dont annoy him to the clinic he will end up on breathing treatments.

Pinetree-2 hits in the clean areas from Hunty today. 2 more weeks until he is neuterable?? now please,yesterday in fact.

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. I am going to try and reach Ds and see how long he will be staying.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw - was just going to ask you if Hunty was neutered. I'm sure after he can be, the peeing in the house will stop. So is your son coming home tomorrow?

pinetree - thanks for the prayers

TDN - Thanks for the good wishes and right back at you! Sent up a prayer for you for your mammo results. I wish I could foster kittens, my cat Tooey has the Herpes Virus so I can't.

SD - sorry to hear that you are still sick, boy that is hanging around for a while.

Boy, I've been gone a couple of days and had pages to read! When my SIL was in the hospital last summer after her stroke, her husband was a wreck because he had no idea what bills needed to be paid, where they even were, or what needed to be done. I remember thinking that I have done my DH a disservice by never showing him any of these things either. DH has written 2 checks in his life and he's 55 years old. I take care of all the bills, household, shopping, pets, ect. So since I'm having this health scare, I decided that I need to get things in order and show him where things are and what to do. Besides that, to combat worry, I clean and purge. So that is what I have been doing the past few days. My office never looked so good!

I have been so preoccupied that I really haven't thought much of Christmas. I am hoping I get more in the mood next week. I did my 24 hour urine test yesterday and dropped it off at the hospital this morning. DH came along and we stopped at Meijer, Kroger and the Dollar Store. Glad that is out of the way and I won't have to do it after work tomorrow. Rented Mockingjay Part 1 so I will finally get to watch this tonight. Also started reading "After You" and I really like it so far. Has anyone read this? It's the sequel to "Me Before You".
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT, more than welcome, will keep them going up until I hear the all clear!! Hugs

TDN, I wish I could foster too, but I can't afford any more, I would never be able to give them up, I use to tell my vet, "when they come in my house, they are here forever" I seem to take in guys that have been dumped. Its so sad, they have no idea what is going on,

ILC, uh oh, nows not the time for a hurt back, that means its up to you and Dh to get this moved,, Good Luck,,
    The ham was fantastic! one is all cut up and in the freezer, ready for scalloped potatoes or pineapple ham casserole, I don't know which one.. will cut the other one up today.
    Stay warm or is it back in the 70's?

FW, wow, you can come here and clean!! Sounds like you're getting alot done! Sorry your DD is SO busy!! Bet you're getting excited about DS coming home!

Niko, thinking about you.

SD, Hey great idea on slicing the ham, but this first one just kinda fell apart, will try with the other one, boy was it good, you are going to have to get that smoker going!!
    Amazes me it tastes like ham, but without the salt..
    Hope you are feeling better, but saw that you already picked up another project! Man you are really doing alot!! I need to get my machine out and figure out how to use it, I havent sewed for years,DH bought me a singer, that does embroidery, I havent even used it and I think its 5 yrs old now!

Made a 3 berry pie last night, cleaned out 2 of the fridge freezers. I forgot I froze a mess of strawberries. maybe will make jam? the kids also found more tomatoes in their freezer so I have more of them to put up, think I'll make sauce out of them, their romas..Good thing I bought more jars a few weeks ago!

Today
    cut and freeze ham
    clean bathroom
    clean off counters
    dust hutch

Have a great day!

Hi to everyone I didn't get,
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We did some figuring and moved the small chest freezer to what we hope will be its permanent position now. I'm almost ready to do the happy dance for the pool table being gone. I've been spending the day hoping they really do come tomorrow and it really does go out the door. I'm going to have to stand in the family room looking at the empty space for a few hours to have it sink in.

Husby figured out where in his office he can put his bar fridge, which he keeps pop in. That'll be nice to get that out of the family room, too.

The sewing machine table I made a couple years ago after salvaging the base from the metal recycle pile will work great to hold the big honkin' analog TV we're going to have in the family room, so that will be out of the LR, along with the dining room set and big upright freezer. What a difference that's going to make in here!

I figured out the big craft cabinet that's currently holding up the giant TV can go into the back bedroom, which was the original plan anyway, but I didn't think it would work out. I'll have to get rid of two small shelves we currently have stacked in there, to make space for a larger shelf that will have to be moved, but we don't care about those two shelf things so no loss. There's hardly anything on them. Things are just getting better and better.

Husby's dragging his sick self outside now to shovel for the pool table move. Wish I could be more help.

Still have that last tote and box to sort, plus a tote full of assorted bags to purge. I've been delaying purging the bags till I have them all gathered up and can see what we have and try to figure out what we might need, and I think that point has finally arrived! AFAIK, all the spare cloth bags of any kind are now in that tote. Amazing! I never thought the day would come. I never thought getting rid of a ton of stuff I thought I didn't want to get rid of would make me this happy, either, but I'm really excited about it lately.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I couldn't imagine not sewing for five years! I'm always making or fixing something. I guess that's why I have seven sewing machines.

Yes, we do need to learn to use the smoker, or buy one that works better or something. I did buy a new thermometer for our smoker but haven't installed it yet. Knowing what's really going on in there temperature-wise should be helpful.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-dont think i have sewn since DD was a girl scout and we have 5 machines in this house.
    Rabbit -I cant wait until he's done,trust me. My vets wife is a vet too and super smart but no personality. So i go yea I'm about ready to do a home job. She just wasnt sure if i was serious. lol Doesnt seem to be after the tree?? He prefers good oak furniture. sigh. On the up side he has fit in so well. Mikey and him play tug. Hilarious.He keeps Mikey busy but they destroyed 2 of his toys.
    still praying. Why does it have come at the holidays. Dh has this hanging over his head too. We are ignoring the best we can.

I have done nothing today basically I am energyless. Mon. I was going to shop. No sense fighting the crowds.

Rabbit-your cat has the FIV virus? We have a beauty named SYMPHONY that needs a home badly. No one even looks at her. (Michigan Animal resue league) She is grey and white,very people oriented and affectionate. She has kinda this white fur elizabethan collar around her head. She was born 2008. I feel so bad because the other FIV cat found a home quite a while ago now and she is isolated.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW.....I think rabbit said her cat has herpes virus. I have a FIV positive cat though. One of my fosters. I was trapping at the local high school after a friend who works there spotted kittens. Trapped Mike and Ike together in one trap. Feral kittens, also trapped their feral mom and a few other feral adults that were tnr. Luckly the school likes having them there. Ike tested positives several times , Mike never did. I finally found a great adopter but she ended up brining them back after 2 weeks because Mike wanted to hide. She wasn't interested in working with them. So after they came back my mom immediately took Mike the Siamese because she had recently lost one of her 2 cats and I kinda cried a lot about it so hard for her to say no. I totally loved Ike but we had 3 cats and I told my husband I would stop keeping them. But guess what my husband made for my Christmas sock?? A little frame with the word IKE in it. Still can not believe he gave me my boy! That was 3 Christmas ago. He has been healthy as a horse and they can live full lives so that is what I am hoping for! So hard to adopt FIV kitties though. People are scared of what they do not understand.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yep, Tooey has herpes virus, not FIV. I do not need another animal though! (thanks for thinking of me though fw )
    My DH also surprised me with one of my boys, I had seen Bomba in a high kill shelter and his time was near up, he was badly neglected and looked horrible. On top of that he was a poodle and DH and I are not poodle people but he was trying so hard to get someone to look at him and save him. I told DH about him and the next day when I got home from work, Bomba was at our house! DH had picked him up while working (drove a truck) and had to drive around with him all day. 9 years later, I still can't believe he did that for me.

SD, I LOVE getting rid of stuff! I think I'm at the point that I'd rather get rid of stuff then get stuff! You are definitely on a roll.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 To-Do Challenge-img_0598.jpg  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry! I don't know why it's upside down and I can't figure out how to turn it around.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What a cutie! Even standing on his head. We're debating if we might be poodle people at some point. Husby tried lifting Sota today and it ain't happenin'. It's only going to get harder dealing with bigger dogs as we get older. And of course there's the shedding. The tree guy has a cute little poodle type doggy named Tanner and we had a good chat while the guys were working on the trees. He's a nice little guy and I could see us maybe having a doggy like that sometime. It would sure be hard to give up huskies though.

Sounds like you guys have keeper husbies like mine. Mine wouldn't really admit it but he's a big ol' softie when it comes to critters. He goes out and talks to the deer while he feeds them and the whole bit. He gets down on the floor to coax Sugar to eat and is right there to help her when she needs to be lifted up. Kinda funny because he grew up on a farm where people don't get attached to animals as much and his parents were cat hoarders who had dozens of them, all sick, and his dad literally killed kittens by the hundreds each year. It was truly disgusting but back then there weren't humane organizations to get involved or laws to keep people from doing that. Husby often comments how he can't believe how much he enjoys our cats because he couldn't stand them as a kid.

I got my ta-done for the day, cooking up ten pounds of ground meat mix for the freezer. Now I'll have instant taco meat and sloppy joes and all the other goodies. Just have to bag it up for the freezer now and hope I can find space. While that cooked I got the counter cleared and the dirty dishes in the dishwasher too, so that's taken care of for tomorrow. Don't want the guys worrying about knocking dirty dishes off the counter as they pass by with the pool table. I hope, I hope!

I do think we're on a roll getting this place in order. It's been a long hard road and it's not done yet, but I finally feel more optimistic about someday having a nice house. I think getting the office painted and decorated had a lot to do with that. We've been so buried under DIYs and UFOs and junk and excess, we haven't really ever had a chance to think about decorating and the nice little details, but that's changing now. It's a lot more fun now. It's also a lot easier to do just a little bit of work and actually see that something positive has been done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT, That looks like my dog, Buffy, the only one I owned and had to give to my Mom, cause I was young and took her and worked too much, she was too lonely. She was a doll, Hey wasn't I suppose to babysit so you could go shopping or something?!! Boy I sure would love to have that kind of company now, what a treat!!

SG, yea I know, but this new machine is wicked! Some of it has to be hooked up to a computer to work, and I just need to sit down and read the stupid book! I have been fixing things by hand, yea I know,,, I would really like to make those table cloths, maybe soon.
    You sre going to have a house you dont recognize anymore! All that room! I'm really hoping they come get that tomorrow!! Merry Christmas to you!!

Well I dont know whats going on here, but we still have a good 12 inches of snow on the ground, looked out the window and it looked like it was snowing, well its not, its raining!! Boy what a mess tonight when the roads freeze, And My DS leaves for work at 8:30 tonight, oh what fun! worry, worry...
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, I gotta haul out the book for mine every now and then too, and it's not even a very complicated machine. I wanted a sewing machine that'll do some embroidery, not an embroidery machine that'll do some sewing. I just don't have a use for a lot of embroidered stuff. If I could sell stuff after embroidering it, then I'd be more interested but of course that would be illegal.

I made a lateral move and emptied the green totes into empty ones, so now we have totes in the box of the truck, which we should have had years ago. We bought one for the back of the van when we got the van and use it all the time. Don't know why we never got any for the truck. But now we have matching-match green totes to go in the green truck. We bought them for our first pop up camper in 2002, to it's a repurpose several times over now.

I put the bags into a different tote now too, instead of the Christmas tote, so all the Christmas totes are empty now. Not sure what we need them for, but somehow it feels like a small accomplishment even so. Bit by tiny bit.