2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 261
Page 261 of 271 FirstFirst ... 161211251258259260261262263264 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Yeah, I gotta haul out the book for mine every now and then too, and it's not even a very complicated machine. I wanted a sewing machine that'll do some embroidery, not an embroidery machine that'll do some sewing. I just don't have a use for a lot of embroidered stuff. If I could sell stuff after embroidering it, then I'd be more interested but of course that would be illegal.
    Okay... I have to ask. Why would it be illegal to sell stuff you embroidered? I've thought and thought and I don't see why it would be.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Because the designs are copyrighted and when you buy the software to embroider them, you're only buying the rights to use them for personal use, not commercial use. It's the same problem with buying sewing patterns or anything else like that, it's generally for personal use only, not to be sewed or crocheted or whatever to make items for sale. So anything I do for sale has to be either original designs or so old it's in the public domain, when copyrights have expired. I did get permission for using a particular author's patterns to create American Girl-style doll clothes based on her patterns, but I think that's unusual.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, my business, well we sell embroiered stuff, ( embroiery, silk screen and awards shop) we cannot use copywritted designs with out permission, we do have the ok's from a couple colleges and most of our customers that want it, There are also alot of patterns you can use and sell. I thought I could do small jobs with this one, right now we farm it out., but its too much for my brain to handle right now, people are going back to printed stuff now, its funny how it bounces back and forth. Heck I can't even figure out how to thread this one! Its so different from my Nelco. and I think the bobbin is backwards,, I'll figure it out someday... maybe! lol
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That works if you have permission, Pinetree. I've heard horror stories of things that happened when people didn't have permission.

You should have seen the ordeal I had to go through when I wanted to buy the patches for my son's letter jacket when he was in high school and make the jacket myself. They tried and tried to figure out how I would be violating something or other, but since I wasn't going to make the patches and the jacket was from a Simplicity pattern, all they could do was refuse to sell me the patches. In the end they decided it would make them look bad to do that, but for a while it was just crazy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I wonder if you couldnt do the old coupon thing. Just charge for your time to do it and not the item.lol

Funny that frugal people like us all spent so freely on the pets. That is just 1 place that if we cut we could save thousands but not a trade off for us. Mackey was 100 miles away and we drove to get him after seeing him on the internet.
    Dh once drove about that far to get a cat I saw. Pretty sure the lady got the wrong cat and gave it to him. Best cat ever. Miss that guy. He was loving,intelligent and grateful to the end.

I didnt know much about FIV cats when I started the rescue. They used to just put them down when I last did rescue. I had to research.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ok today. Ds should be on his way NOT that he would let us know when he leaves.

shower
    groc. shop for odds and ends
    DD to work for noon
    work on the dang tree
    make Ds bed up
    do dishes and vaccumn
    fall over. lol then run it circles like chicken little,make a roast.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well last weekends list was shot in the butt. Got some done but mostly not. I just can't get with it. We downgraded to a table top tree which is really pretty but didn't put it up last year... first time in my life without a tree... and don't have it up yet again. No place to put it without clearing off SOMETHING. I will admit it. I HATE the fact that this living room is so small. I mean it's small. Seating for 3 people. No dining room. Yet I'm grateful for what we have. Does that make sense?

I said last year I wouldn't let depression get me THIS year and bring me down but... well... there it is. No motivation. Don't want to do ()*()_

Not making a big list. I'll take a few at a time and MAYBE they'll get done.

Ok... clear off the small end table ( only one in the room ) to be able to put the table top tree.
    Put the tree actually ON the table.

Dishwasher is loaded but not full but going to start it anyway and get put away since go back to work tomorrow.

Lucy needs her nails cut BAD. MAYBE take her to the vets and get that done. Usually the kid goes with me so I can take both at the same time and get it over with so I don't have to go every freaking week but she's not here and Lucy just got her nail caught in her hair and I can't let that happen while I'm at work. Sigh... hate going by myself.

I'll leave it here for now and come back and report as I do or don't get ^&*() done, And maybe whine some more. I almost feel like crying. I'm such a mess.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I so wish I could pop in and give you a hand Niko, I really do. Just do what you can and don't try to be too hard on yourself. And yes I know how hard that can be. I wish I would know what to say, but sadly I am more the person to help physically than over a distance. Just a very big hug. You are good enough, even if you don't manage to get done what you wanted to do, anything is better than nothing.

I am sorry I am not really responding to the others, you are just so chatty I don't have the time or energy to really follow everything all the time. Please don't take it personal, I just have a ton of work in the house and some things to catch up on, due to the soup thing of last week, which went alright btw.

To do for today is a light one because I am working nights tonight.
    1. Clean up the kitchen.
    2. Go grocery shopping.
    3. Tidy up the bedroom.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh Niko-I am going back and forth myself. I showered and went to plug the tree in-the kittens ate the cord thru. So square one or further back.
    I loved those lights w/ the 5 way controller setting. I only have 2 strands and never have been able to find a 3rd. Lucky for the cat I am in hyper frugal mode and unplug them every night. So now I have to dig out the other ones and no doubt fix them. BAHHHHH HUM BUGGGG! Luckily I hadnt just done the ornaments.

Waiting for 11:45 to take DD to work and then groc. shop so I can race home and redo the lights. Spoiled brat tantrum is 4,3,2,you all dont need to "see" this.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit......we are not poodle people either or small dogs of any kind.....give me a lab mix any day though! I am pretty sure any dog I had for a day or 2 would quickly become my favorite type of dog though. They grow on me fast! Makes it hard to foster though because I cry my head off when they leave. Sometimes I am so miserable my husband says to me " why do you put your self through this?" We actually have not had a dog in about 5 years. I have a borrow a lab from next door. Poor thing lives on a chain during the day and in a kennel in garage at night. Luckly they let me just go get her off chain anytime I want and she comes and plays ball and just hangs out. She keeps me busy! I keep her out of the extreme heat, make sure she has water( and scrub her dingy bowl) bath her, flea treat her and love her! Perfect example of people who should not have a dog!!

Yes it is funny FW how us frugal gals will spend money on our pets more than ourselves. I even spend it on the neighbor dog!

Today's list is crafting with 3 teens and keeping up with their messes!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, Christmas will be over soon and we can all get back to normal life. I can well understand the need to move something to set something down, and I have a big house. I decided I'm going to quit being so embarrassed about it. We only have to make the two of us happy. I'm not happy with the clutter here either, but we're working on it and that's the best we can do. I know you are, too.

Today I emptied the last tote and big box. I still have about a shoe box of odd stuff I'm not sure what to do with, but I'm still calling the back room done, minus the closet back there. There are three totes left in the LR instead of a big stack now. One is full of small containers and will be moved back to the back room till we're done organizing small stuff in various places, then it'll be purged too. One belongs in the sewing room but is holding up a cushion so Sugar doesn't put her head through the glass door on the TV cabinet. That has a space reserved in the sewing room. One goes out to the cabin when we get around to it. I love the space in here! We still have a 30-gallon trash can in here too but I'll be moving that to my sewing room soon.

I retrieved a couple fridge trays from the garage and cleaned those up. They'll complete the four 'drawer' system I'm setting up in the pantry for WW foods. I'm using two locker shelves to hold the drawers above the canned goods in there. I've been using two of the drawers for a while now and it's been working really well. So that'll be two more things out of the garage and put to work, and the second locker shelf out of my office and put to work. Less clutter, more organization, how can I go wrong?

I sprinkled the side deck with salt and it's melting nicely. I need to sweep that before the guys come for the table in hopes it won't track in as badly. It's still going to be a huge mess but as long as the pool table goes today, it'll be worth it.

This weekend will be a three-day weekend and I'm tentatively planning on using it to move into the family room, assuming the pool table actually does leave by then. That will be a massive change I've waited for for years. I hope I can make it all work out like we want it to, but if not, we'll adapt. It's going to be so amazing to finally be free to move stuff around and not be stopped dead in our tracks with everything we want to do, just because of the pool table being in the way.

Four and a half hours to go...

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit deer......any pics you want to post are welcome! I love seeing your creativity! Have fun with your room arranging!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not much around here is ready for its close-up yet, but I do plan to embarrass myself by posting pics of the sewing room before starting that up. It should be a big, big change once I get it done, and I'm not anticipating it to take that long. I hope not anyway. It's mostly organized, just have some hot spots. I have some big stuff in the way in there and do have some things in desperate need of purging, so that's most of the problem there. I was making progress in there a while back but got sidetracked with something or other, probably outside work. But winter's setting in so it's time to get back to it.

Here's a couple shots of the family room to tide you over. Everything in that space is most likely going to be moved except the chest freezer, which was just moved into that spot. Stuff is kinda just shoved all over in order to give the guys plenty of space to deal with that pool table. The big craft cabinet in front of the patio door will go in the back bedroom, and I might move the stereo cabinet that's behind the AeroGarden cabinet that's behind the tool cabinet into the corner where the pinball game is and move the pinball over by the bedroom door. Still thinking about where all things can go. I'll post pics again once we get the stuff moved in there that is going to live there. I hope it'll all fit. In case anyone's wondering since there's been some discussion about it lately, the dog door is between the craft cabinet and the freezer, but you can't see it from the angle in the pic.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinball! You didn't tell us you had a pinball machine. Now when we all come visit we will have something to do in the house when we get tired of pedaling around the lake. I get first dibs...........
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You betcha! We have loads of board games and video games, too! When will you all be coming by?

Good and bad news today, and the bad news isn't even all that bad. They're not coming to get the pool table today. But he expects to be here tomorrow. He said they had just gotten done cutting trees somewhere and were sopping wet and cold. I can imagine that's an extra tough job in cold wet weather. So what can we say but that we'll wait? He would have come yet today but it's not our goal to torture people. I just hope it's out of here by Christmas.

The good news is the bill finally came for the driveway. Remember me saying we'd be thrilled if it was under $10K? Well, we're beyond thrilled! The total is a measly $2,200! So we couldn't be happier about that. Husby happened to catch the dirt guy at the grocery store today and he said he's just been too busy to get the bills out, but he had mailed ours on Friday. It came today. So even though the pool table is still here, we're doing the happy dance around here anyway.