2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 262
Page 262 of 271 FirstFirst ... 162212252259260261262263264265 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-lots of space. Question-I do know when I clear out a room like that it feels weird to me like IDK I am a little thing lost in a lot of space. Does it seem weird like the house has changed actual dimensions??lol You are really turning the corner w/ all the cleaning and clearing.

Well today was outrageous. The cats wrecked the tree lights by chewing thru the cord (too bad it wasnt plugged in-Jk,maybe).truck store had nothing i could buy and wont before Christmas.

But Ds just got in a 1/2 hr. ago. No hugs,played w/ the dogs,likes Hunty,went into his room to fix his gun and sleep because he has been up 24 hrs.
    He did talk quickly about being a decorated veteran that was picked by Obama.
    Plenty of time to visit. And so i board the roller coaster ride that is my Ds.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ugh, I had 3 days of the hypersomnia where I sleep 22 hrs, wake up, eat and then am knocked out again. So I am very behind. Luckily gifts are almost wrapped. I have to put the ornaments on the tree but we only put up a 4 ft one, should not take long but I've been avoiding. Then I need to somehow get all of my mother's Christmas crap that even she doesn't want to use, back in the basement because throwing it out is something she just can't do.

what's really holding me up is I have to fill out a 14 page full financial history requested by ex's lawyer. This is the kind of stuff I just can't do easily any more. Like all expenses have to be listed as a monthly expense, so if I get my hair done every 6 weeks I have to do the math to convert that to a monthly figure. And no matter how hard I try, that skill is gone. I need my dad to help me, he has records about the house I need but he is dragging his feet because the form asks for the income of every person in the house and he is furious that he has to give any personal info to my ex. As he should be, he is not my dependent, I am not his, what my parents earn is irrelevant. This stupid form has put a damper on my holiday spirit. I only had 10 days to do it and I think I am past that. Please say a prayer my dad cooperates and I get this to the lawyer on 12/23.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-ok so we'll set up card table for games and a long table where the pool table is. lol
    TND-you are as bad as my Dmom. She used to walk the neighbors dogs and brush it out. She would take water over (w/ ice cubes). When they had to euthanize it she cried. The kids were sent over came by the mom and asked if they should all get a new one. I was miffed cuz' dmom isnt getting younger. They got a pit this time so Dmom just throws it treats and talks to it. 83 is too old to be pulled down. I know Dmom misses pets but she would be overwhelmed trying to care for one anymore

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad he's home safe, FW. That has to be a load off your mind right there. Congrats on the recognition from Obama. Well-deserved, I'm sure.

No, the room doesn't seem weird to me. It feels more peaceful and comfortable, like I'm out of a cage. Especially that room because there has only been a path around the pool table for so long. That room isn't as big as it looks in the pics, only about 12x16. Put an 8.5x5 table in the middle of it and there's not much space left. We've never been able to really utilize that space and I'm looking forward to that changing.

I found a pic online of a pinball game like ours, Elton John's Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy. It'll be nice to be able to play it again. Husby likes to pile boxes on it but I have informed him those days are over. Once I get through the big sort in the sewing room, we shouldn't have any immediate need for boxes, and they're easy enough to come by if we do.

FW, we'll be moving the spare dining room set in that room when the pool table goes away, hopefully this weekend. Plenty of space for anything we need to do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - that is awesome, I bet you are doing the happy dance! I know you want the pool table gone like yesterday but just think, it's already got one foot out the door and a few extra days isn't going to matter.

Niko - Sorry your feeling depressed. I am not much of a Christmas person but there is some things I like, my tree is one. If you think it will make you happy, put up the tree, otherwise skip it.

TDN - I am a dog person, I like them all! I just thought I wasn't a Poodle person. Thank you for being so kind to your neighbors dog, without you, he wouldn't have a life. Why do some people even get pets?

pinetree - you would love Bomba, he is the most loveable dog. He just wants to be around someone. When you pick him up he hugs you around your neck and puts his head in the crook of your neck. Too cute.

fw - your ds is probably just exhausted. You must be very proud of him!

Well even though I thought I had did all my shopping yesterday, there was a few items I forgot so back to Meijer before work this morning. I also stopped and got gas at Costco, $1.59 a gallon. I can't even remember the last time it was that price. Also stopped at Salvation Army and dropped up some donations from my purging last weekend. I made burgers for dinner and DH made sweet potato chips. It was so nice to have him home early for a change.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-just posting about the same time. And yes. I am not a poodle person from childhood poodle trauma. I am learning to like some small dogs from this rescue though. Still not into hairless anything or shitzu and the like kinda girl.

Dh is home-dinner. BBL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bought a small Christmas tree a few years ago, about three feet tall. I forgot about that. My plan is to eventually make a wall tree out of it by removing the back branches so it'll hang flat on the wall, up above the pets, then just decorate the front. That way, nobody would be peeing on it or playing with ornaments or chewing things up. Too bad it's just a UFO still alive only in my imagination.

Holy moly, $1.59! I think we're hanging around $2 here and that's a deal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2nd dibs!!! Rigth behind you RABBIT! Guess thats fair I got 1st bids on the bikes!!

wow this is moving!! was here earlier and had to go to finish a big job, now I'm really behind!!

Niko, just do what you want, what you really want, let the other stuff go, it will be there next year, or you can do some planning and do something else!
    i have to move furntiure out to get my tree in too, kind of a pain, but... it looks really stupid when people come to pick up stuff and theres chairs and tables out there.., its only for a month. I"m praying for you girl, Its so sad to have you guys depressed now, but I was a mess earlier too. Hang on there!!

FW, WHOO HOO,, He's home! Surprise!!! well, snow on the ground, all your furbabies helping and loving you, your kids home, Dh does have a job, for now,, light at the end of the tunnel!!?? ENjoy, let the llittle things fly away!! hugs

SD, My gosh are you tearing your entire house apart, man I wish I could do the same. I would get rid of 1/2 of this stuff, if DH would just let go of it. You have got to be feeling alot more calmness in the house.
    That pool ta ble sure does take up the room, The best comes to those who wait, there you go, it will be zapped from your sight tomorrow!
    You did get I got 2nd dibs on the pinball right? I dont want ILC trying to sneak in front of me! LOL..

Ayanka, nice to see you,, we know you are busy with your new home, and your 1st Christmas in it!!

Bernice, sometimes I wish I could sleep that long! Heres hoping you Dad helps you with your paper work.

ILC, I'm guessing you are in the big city trying to pack and move your son home, wish I could help! I could sit on the floor and pack things in boxes!!

RABBIT, can you send me some of the gas? Wow is that cheap, I would fill up both tanks on my truck!! Its right around 2.00 here.
    Your furbaby sounds like I would just love him! Thats the way my weiner dog was with me, we just really loved each other!! Give him a big hug from ne , please.

Ok, I am pooped, worked almost all day as fast as I could to get this job out, my shoulders and back are killing me, I really need to slow down until I get the muscles built back up, but oh no, not me I have to kill myself, and then wait fro my arms to settle down before I can start exercising again.

We have a storm moving in tomorrow night, with flurries, that is suppose to last until the 26th!! So white Christmas here for sure.. Thats ok we weren't going anywhere anyway. It would just be nice to have alitte warm.

Today
    finish job, done
    dishwasher, done
    laundry, done
    dinner

Have a good evening everyone!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I cant edit my post so just ignore the spelling.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still cant edit,
    SD Thats a steal on your driveway!! Man it has really been your year!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~making note~ Second dibs...

Yup, tearing the house apart. I'm so glad I came around to thinking about using what we have again instead of buying more entertainment centers or other storage. You know me, the repurpose queen, but for a long time I had been thinking that double secretary could only be used for one thing, or for not much at all. But when I refocused on that, it became the perfect solution to Husby's office, since it has lots of space for books, knickknacks, and odd stuff like computer cables that have to live somewhere. And it's such a cool old piece. So glad we didn't find an entertainment center in Cook! That was one reason we went there so if we had found something, we most likely would have bought it. Repurposing that sort of opened the floodgates and other ideas followed. But I'm not sorry about the stuff I've picked up recently, like the $5 wrecked antique sewing machine cabinet and the furniture we did buy in Cook, because we really did need those particular pieces for very specific purposes and each one is perfect for its new job.

If you think we're tearing the house apart, wait till you see what I have planned for the garage next summer! We have a ton of cabinets in there and most of them are going to be ripped out and rearranged so they work better for us. I just hope we can get it all done next year. It's going to be difficult, heavy work and we're not getting any younger. Besides, we hate how disorganized the garage is, although it's vastly improved in the past couple of years. Changing the arrangement of all the cabinets will help us be more efficient and organized out there. Can't wait for that to happen. I suppose about the time we get the garage organized, we'll run out of projects to do. That would be my luck.

I nagged about getting rid of stuff. I'll admit it. Someone had to. But mostly I led by example and eventually Husby began to see that less really is more.

I think the thing that makes me the happiest about getting the house in order is how much time it should cut off any kind of prepping for trips or visitors. From here out, we should be able to clean up like normal people do, no more of this boxing stuff up and stacking it all in the back room just to get the excess clutter out of sight. It usually took us a couple weeks at least to get the house ready, not counting actual cleaning. Now stuff should be put away for the most part, and we should be able to focus on prepping food and stuff that will actually go with us or has something to do with the truck or camper, not the mess in the house. Our house sitter won't believe her eyes the next time she comes!

I was just saying to Husby maybe we can have some people over next summer and grill something. Besides all you guys, I mean. Local people.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby just stood there shaking his head when he opened the driveway bill. He had been convinced it was just going to be an astronomical bill. I figured it would be under $5K, TBH. He was sure it would be at least $10K. The last time we had it done it was $1,200, but that was before gas prices went crazy and also the guy who did it then owns his own gravel pits, which makes a difference. Still, I didn't see how it could have gone up to $10K even in twelve years. So Husby asked me to guess the bill today and I said $3K. I'm a little surprised how low it is but happy about that. No worries now about paying to have the cabin re-sided next year. It'll be great to get that done, too, since it'll be another big project taken care of.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~turning on lights~ Where is everyone today?

No word from the tree guy. I'll be on pins and needles till he gets here, and I hope he does.

I made WW pork stew with dumplings for supper, so we'll have a quick supper tonight after they leave, just have to reheat it. I hope the dumplings reheat okay. I don't do dumplings very well, although these seemed to turn out okay today. Here's the recipe in case anyone wants to look it over. Pretty quick and simple. Pinetree, it might work for you with some minor adjustments. I used pork instead of chicken because I had it left over, and I also used dry basil instead of parsley in the dumplings, but I think it would be even better with rosemary. https://www.weightwatchers.com/food/...peid=286158600

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, Thanks for turning on the lights, it helped me wake up!!
    Hope your guy shows up for that table, I really wanted it out before Christmas,lol, maybe he's waiting for it to warm up a bit!
    Its so nice when things are put away, even cleanng, it only takes a few minutes, I try to keep up with everything, and its a breeze, then I get behind and it takes forever, plus the world closes in on you, I can breathe alot easier if everytings in it place and clean.
    I'll have to drive back for one of your bbq's!!

FW, Have a good time with that son!! bet it feels good just to have him in his own bed!!

ILC, get all moved? Missed ya , but figured you where in the big city!! Hugs

Hi to everyone!

Slept in, was up most the night, my new pill is giving me fits, thankfully I only take it once a week, but boy does it terrify my insides!
    Not much going on today, need to figure out whats al for dinner and make sure I have everthing.
    Todays list
    grocery list
    clean and pick up things
    dust
    take a nap

Have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey thanks for the recipe SD, I will have to figure out if I can cut down the baking powder, and I see it starts off with a teaspoon of salt!, lol, I can just leave that out. Things taste kinda funny with no salt , but I am getting use to it. even Mrs. dash just doesn't do the same as salt. I am just Thankful that I am finding more thngs to eat.
    Kinda getting excited about my butcher making no salt hotdogs, yea I know hotdogs, but they sure sound good when you can't have them!!