2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 263
Page 263 of 271 FirstFirst ... 163213253260261262263264265266 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got woken up by a call of my landlord today. He found a new renter for the place, which is good news, as it means he wasn't his normal annoying self. I dropped off the key and signed all of the paperwork and got my key deposit back. For the security deposit however, that is on 2 names. So I just hope the bank employee doesn't see it, or will accept it after hearing my story. If not, I ll send my ex a letter and hope for the best. So its a bit of a downer, but still generally I am relieved, this is one less thing that can come back to haunt me.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, that's great! Sure hope it goes through at the bank without a hitch. What a great Christmas present!

fw, have a wonderful with your DS (once he wakes up, of course). How long can he stay?

TDN, I'm with you, Labs are the best! Sadie is our third. We've never had to search for one, they've just always appeared, and we take them in. Thanks for taking care of the doggie next door. My friend Pam did that. She loved that dog, bought it a dog house, fed it, played with it, and she said the "owner" never even seemed to be aware that anyone was taking care of it. Pam was devastated when one day the neighbor and the dog just up and vanished. Why oh why do people get animals if they're not going to commit to take care of it forever?! That's a pet peeve of mine (excuse the pun).

Niko, I sure hope you're feeling better. I don't think many of us here or anywhere really have our homes the way we want them---it's always something, isn't it? But anything you accomplish is good! Remember to be kind to yourself. You're worth it.

RABBIT, $1.59 for gas? And I thought we were doing good at $1.84. I'm not a little doggie person but yours sounds sweet!

Bernice, so sorry you have that form to fill out. Don't you have a lawyer friend you can ask about it? Maybe it's ok to skip the parts dealing with your parents' income since that really doesn't have much to do with you and the ex. No wonder there are so many attorney jokes.

SD, you said you lead your DH by example. Me too, at least in decorating and organizing. He does take the lead in home maintenance since I know less than nothing. For example, he decided the house's exterior needed painting so he has been working diligently on it plus any repairs that are needed in the process. Me, I'm the one who decides about most of the interior stuff. I think once I talked about painting our 20 x 25 foot, plastic-paneled den at our first house. That was one ugly room but had great potential, even though for years DH said it's impossible to paint over paneling. But I researched and bought the Kilz and moved all the furniture and started Kilzing it. After about 3 days of that, DH decided I was serious and helped me with the rest of the project, including painting the masonry fireplace and painting the walls and trim. It turned out so pretty and ended up being a room I really loved. Since then he has realized that some of my ideas do make some sense....but I still have to start lots of my projects before he concedes to help.

pinetree, you don't need to worry about me horning in on the pinball machine---I'm REALLY awful at it! I mean mega-bad. I'll be content with sitting by the lake during the day and playing board games at night. And eating, of course.

We got DS moved. He's still asleep and DH has gone back to bed and I'm resting in my rocking chair. DS had very few things packed up but we got it all done. Took 5 hours, then we went and ate, drove back home (in pouring rain), and got everything upstairs to his room. He has an IKEA bedroom set that weighs a lot, a sofa that weighs a lot, 2 desks, 4 or 5 bookcases, lots of books, lots of unused canned goods (that will go into my pantry), etc. Some small boxes but not many. We have to go back Sunday to clean and fill holes in walls, which won't be fun because his roommate, sweet as she is, is messy and has 2 cats. But we want that security/cleaning deposit back.

For Tuesday:

1) Make Christmas cookies for DD's work party DONE
    2) Put away all those canned goods
    3) Deal with litter box
    4) Reset den
    5) Go to bed early

Have a good one, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wow-too much going
    Ds woke up and we went to the gun store,pawn store,army navy store,resale shop,drove thru for burgers and the energy is endless.
    He was already looking at the ceiling asking if he could fix it,fixed his gun,made plans to shoot w/ his HS buddy. He going to clean out the truck later. He is like a ride on a runaway camel. I finally told him I need a nap. So after a talk about relationships and popping on here I am going to nap.
    I will prob. go to the rescue tomorrow for a bit. This time is going to scream by.
    Stayed up last night making Jan. budget so I really am wiped. Catch you all later

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bernice.... he has a lawyer... do YOU have one? Your parents income / ownership should have nothing to do with whatever the &*()(* he's after.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I never add salt to anything, except stuff that really has to have it like sauerkraut or pickles. I don't notice any difference. I did think about the baking powder but I figured you would know what to do about that. Didn't you find some salt-free BP?

Still waiting for the guy to come. Soon, soon, soon, I hope. He didn't give a time, just said it might be earlier than it would have been yesterday, so I guess that would be sometime in the next couple hours.

Fantastic, Ayanka! I don't understand your system there for rentals, but I'm happy to hear you're one more step along the path of being completely free of the old place.

ILC, Husby would never in this lifetime start a project of most any kind. He doesn't have a clue. He does minimal stuff and some things I refuse to do, but mostly he just does what I tell him when it comes to projects. That's not a put-down because he would tell you the same. He usually tells people right out he's the brawn and I'm the brains, or that he's just the gofer. I'm interested in all this DIY stuff, he isn't. So we each play to our strengths and it makes us a great partnership. Sometimes I wish he would be more proactive but I can't really complain because he's so willing to help me with just about anything, even stuff I can do alone. Purging has been an adventure with him though but he's been very good about it lately except for dumping all the damn paperwork. He's still determined to put decades worth of itemized expenditures into his Excel program, every three-cent bolt and 89-cent can of food one at a time. Seriously, he will not live long enough to get all that crap entered, and even if he does, what's the point of it all? There is no purpose at all for preserving that information. It makes no difference at all what a quart of oil cost in 1985, only how much it costs now. And in the meantime, all this useless paper going to be sitting here cluttering up the office I just worked my ass off to help him get in order. And that's what irritates me. He keeps saying he'll get to it, but every night he sits there entering the current crop of crap, one tiny item at a time, so I have no idea where he thinks he's going to get the time to do the old entries when he doesn't have time to do the current stuff. And the really dumb part is he sucks at organizing, so he enters all this stuff and on the rare occasions he does need to look up something, he can't find it anyway. Okay, rant over. Thanks for listening.

Niko, I agree with ILC. I think hardly anyone ever has their home perfect. And I think messy people outnumber the neatnicks about 1,000:1, if not more. I don't expect our place to ever be perfect. My goal is to remove what we don't need so we can find and have the space to use the stuff we do need. It irritates the heck out of both of us to know we own something and then end up having to go buy another one after frustrating hours of fruitlessly searching for an item. That's just so stupid it's embarrassing to admit it happens. Things have gotten much, much better on that front here though, and that's been a huge relief and also an incentive to get it all done.

ILC, the room you painted sounds like it turned out beautiful. I've debated about painting our fireplace but can't decide because it's fake field stone, not brick, so it might look funny. We'll probably leave that as is. It's not on the priority list for now anyway.

FW, sounds like it'll be a busy visit with your son. I'm happy for you that he'll be home for Christmas.

Still no pool table guy. I just want that thing out of here so bad! I moved the new TV table into the FR today and figured out where to put it and the pinball and the stereo, so I'm impatient now to be able to start moving stuff around to see if it'll work. But of course, like always, the pool table is hanging up the whole works. ARGH! It can't leave soon enough for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - I'm expecting to hear fireworks going off in your celebration tonight of the pool table leaving! Just a few more hours.............

Ayanka - I hope the security deposit is giving back to you with no problems, wouldn't that make for a nice Christmas.

pinetree - I like hotdogs! I was a vegetarian for 8 years and the only meat I missed was hotdogs, go figure. I hope your shoulders and back feel better today. Did you ever say what state you live in? Just asking because I thought I heard that everyone was having warmer than usual temps and your having snow?!

fw - that's nice that you got to spend the day with your son, even if he wore you out!

I worked out this morning before work, picked up the house, cleaned Cadbury pen, cat/bunny litter boxes and vacuumed furniture/carpeting. Got home from work and took a nap, I couldn't believe how tired I was today. Then I got caught up in reading on
    Becoming Minimalist site. Was that someone on here who recommended it? I have been reading his articles for about 6 months now and I just think they help me be a better person. It helps putting Christmas in perspective too.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't know if the pool table is leaving today or not. It's after four and getting dark, and nobody has come yet. He'll call if they're not coming though, so I guess no news is good news, maybe.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit -thanks but that was 2 hrs. lol I went down to nap and he came back w/ drywall while I was talking to Dmom. I assumed he was cleaning his truck and on the phone w/ GF. But no-he's working on my ceiling where the floor was last Jan.
    Tonight he is heading out w/ his childhood friend and catching up. Hopefully tomorrow he can get a bunch up. The tree is close but I guess he can plastic. He's like a bulldozer is a sand box but I love that boy.lol

well dh is dropping another resume so I will go see if he's hungry. This is going very dif. than I thought but somehow I am ok w/ it. DD will be home tomorrow so I can tak e her to work and I guess head to the rescue.

Sounds like everyones super busy. I may ask Dh to accompany me on a light tour in the surrounding neighborhoods. Not as good w/o snow but we wont get stuck or freeze??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, Merry Christmas!! That has got to be a load off your shoulders!! WTG

NIKO, I'm sorry I wasn't awake this morning and left you out!! Are you feeling alittle better? Hey, do you want to trade with me for awhile? I would love to spend some time with the furbabies!! Now you do know I am retired, and only work when things get heavy.! Sending up prayers for you.

ILC, Dont you want to ride one of the bikes?? I'll share with you!
    Hows it feel having your son back home? Wow you have the whole family there for Christmas!!
    Watch your weather, you might have some nasty stuff moving in,

RABBIT, CO, the mountains are suppose to get 2 ft. maybe 2" down here, it started out with bright blue skies, and now looks like its going to snow, we still have a good 8 inches on the ground. You can have this! Its suppose to be here until the 26th! So we will for sure have white on the ground the 25th..no, we have not had warm weather like everyone else!

SD, hoping they still come and get that table!!
    I did find a BP, but have to be careful, I can't have alot of it either. It surprises me they tell you to put that much salt in!

Off to put away groceries DH just brought home..
    Last edited by pinetree; 12-22-2015 at 06:42 PM.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's gone! Overall it went pretty well. For a while it looked like he wouldn't be able to get his truck up the hill. It's pretty greasy this year thanks to all the rain we had and then slush and snow. I finally suggested moving our vehicles out of the garage and him pulling his in, so there was traction on the bare concrete. Then it was tricky getting the truck turned so he could back up to the steps. But finally it was all loaded and they left. I can't believe it!

The house is a mud pit from stuff being tracked in but I don't care. It's so worth it to be able to finally do what we want in that room.

Best part, no one got hurt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yipppeee!! So happy for you, now you have your room back!!
    Don't overwork yourself trying to get it all done at once, bet you are So excited!!
    Glad no one got hurt, too!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-merry Christmas pool table lol yeah!!!
    ILC-hope all is going well w/ your Ds. Mine is now talking about becoming an officer and college the army pats for? 1 minute he hates it then in all the way?

Went to see neighborhood lights. Dh and I got into it because I thought we could talk abot things. I always get mad when I try to get his thoughts on things and he wont input at all. So frustrating when your trying to work together w/ someone. Geez!! guess I will magically create a budget again.
    Oh to top it off. They arent taking taxes out of his check and issuing them like 1099's. I dont think thats even right. Now it falls on us to figure out how much to hold back and put in another acct.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - I can feel your happiness all the way through my laptop!!!

fw - I can't believe they're not taking taxes out of your DH's check. Jeez, just another thing you have to worry about. I'm crossing my fingers that the new year will bring your DH a new job.

Since I'm off today, I figured instead of doing a boring home workout I would take Beastie to the park to walk. It's supposed to be warm but might rain later so I guess I better do it early this morning.

- make 3 turtle cheesecakes
    - clean master bath and bedroom
    - sort newspapers (done)
    - laundry
    - make a batch of brownie mix
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just keep looking at the empty space where the pool table was. I can't believe it's finally gone. I just hope we can arrange the space so it doesn't look too cluttered in there. There isn't much wall space with the large archway from the kitchen and the smaller one to the back hall, plus a bedroom door and patio door besides. Could get tricky.

I'm thinking we can get rid of folding chairs, now that we'll be using the spare dining set. It has four chairs. We have four other chairs with the kitchen set. Then we probably have about a dozen folding lawn chairs in the shed right outside the house including the four chairs from the new patio set. Plus we have quite a few office chairs in the office and my sewing room that could be used as needed. Even if we have a crowd over which isn't likely, we'd have plenty of chairs. I'll have to discuss that with Husby because he does use them now and then, but IMO the others would work just as well. I hadn't thought about how many chairs we have in the house and I'm sure he hasn't either, so it probably won't be an issue. I just love finding stuff to get rid of lately.

Still have to clean up the floors and my cold has come back so I feel lousy. I canceled Christmas dinner with Mom. She's okay with that because she doesn't want to get sick. We'll do New Year's instead. I hated doing it but Husby feels worse than he did, too, and his illness is five or six days behind mine so he's sicker than I am and maybe more contagious. Not worth getting Mom sick.

FW, if your husband is working as an independent contractor, then the company he's working for can issue a 1099 because he's not an employee. It's to their advantage to do so because then they don't have to pay half the SS, you have to pay all of that, plus state and federal incomes taxes. I'm assuming his income is fairly high so you'll probably have to make estimated tax payments quarterly. I suggest talking to a tax professional so you don't incur any penalties. It can get kind of complicated.

ILC, turtle cheesecake sounds so good!

Wouldn't you know as soon as we get the big freezer stuffed as full as possible, it now has to be moved? LOL. My luck. But I'm still so happy someone wanted the pool table. It's nice, but not special, and it does need new felt, but I'd have still hated to break it up and throw it away because it wasn't bad and is still a good, solid, quality table. Now it'll have new life. Its new owner was saying he's going to do something with the laminate, not sure what, but it would look less commercial and more like a home model. He also plans to replace the cushions and refelt it. He seems very happy to get it. He said he'd have plenty of help getting it unloaded when he gets it home to Silver Bay, so I'm sure the party is already being planned. Maybe he'll have it all installed by New Year's. I'm glad he got it. He's a really nice guy and besides, if you want something heavy moved, lumberjacks are a good choice since they move heavy logs all day long, and he used some of his logging equipment in this move too. It all helped. It still took all four of us working together just to get that slate on the dolly. Man, that thing is heavy! Husby and I are paying for it today but at least it's done.

Don't think I can start in the sewing room because we have to deal with the family room now, so I might take today off to see if I can rest and get over this newly developed sore throat and help my back and wrists heal. I'll probably sweep but mopping might have to wait a while.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, now THAT's a great Christmas present---lots of floor space! Sorry you're sick again. Don't let it turn into something really bad like bronchitis or pneumonia.

fw, the military can provide a good future for young people, especially if they want a college education. It's a big decision, though. How do YOU feel about it?

That's a bummer about the taxes. Get professional advice because that can get complicated. After all, it's the government.

pinetree, I'd be happy to share a bike with you!

The weather is frightful, but not like the Christmas song says. I-75 was closed both southbound and northbound for hours one county south of us. 5 huge trucks wrecked and one person dead. The rivers are way high, some roads are under water, trees are down across roads, and lots and lots of rain. We went to Walmart and Kroger this a.m. and had to drive fairly slowly due to standing water. But Walmart wasn't at all crowded, which was nice, but Kroger was a mess since it's Senior Citizen Wednesday (5% off your total receipt). But all shopping is done. All that's left is cooking and a little cleaning.

It's nice having DS back home. Last evening DH's sister dropped by and she and DS got to see each other for the first time in a few months. She ended up staying with us for supper which was enjoyable. She also brought us an Italian Cream Cake which is so yummy.

For Wednesday:

1) Kroger and Walmart DONE
    2) Clean downstairs bathroom
    3) Set up dining room table for Friday
    4) Make more cookies
    5) Clean out fridge for more space

Have a good Wednesday, everybody.