2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 264
Page 264 of 271 FirstFirst ... 164214254261262263264265266267 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

morning,

SD, I never thought all of us would be so excited to have your pool table gone!! It just feels good, you must feel fantastic!!
    Please take care of yourself. you have probably ran your self down.. rest and figure out what you are going to do with that empty room!!

RABBIT, aren't you suppose to get snow? Sorry I didn't mean to use that four letter word, I know you don't want it!!
    Have a wonderful time having the day off and at the dog park, give those puppies hugs!

FW, Um.. bet you kid has you busy!! Don't forget the naps!! hugs

Niko. How are you doing, sending up prayers for you.

Gbug, hoping you are ok, missing you here lately

ILC, yea, I saw you are suppose to get a lot of rain, was hoping it went around you.. west of you is going to get it bad.. Take care and stay safe and warm!!
    We can only use the yellow bike, RABBIT has dibs on the green one!

SD, one of these days you are going to have one big shock when all of us pull in your driveway!! AWWW, so much fun!!

Well it so foggy here you cant see your hand in front of your face, We got more snow overnight. it just keeps piling up, ok I am Not griping, its under a foot, we can deal with that. So I guess this is the way its going to be for the next few days,, at least it feels like Christmas.
    I was going to make a bunch more cookies and candy, but I keep eating it, so, I'm done. I can't make fudge if it storming or getting ready to storm, so that's out for this year.

today
    make salads
    make pies
    deposits ready
    pay bills
    get things ready for GW

Have a great day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, yeah, floor space! Love that!

ILC, I've never had bronchitis or pneumonia, luckily. I haven't been coughing much with this cold. It's mostly a head and neck cold. I guess that's lucky, too. It's been more annoying and fatiguing than anything. Stay safe in the bad weather down there.

Pinetree, I get all happy over something good happening to other people, too. Yeah, we both feel great that the table is gone now, even though we had to give it away. We did get a free ice clearing of most of our parking area outside the garage, though. LOL. The tree guy put down a whole bag of salt trying to get the ice and slush melted so he could get his truck backed up to the porch. It didn't work for that last night but I see we have bare gravel out there today. That salt will probably help keep that space clear most of the winter. Should have done it ourselves.

That would be fun to have all of you here! Hey, now that we sold the moho, we have a nice big perfectly level parking pad you could park your fiver on! It would be close to the bikes there.

I did get most of the family room mopped, so that's looking better. I can't finish till we move the remaining furniture. Still have to do the kitchen and utility space, so another forty feet of floor. Oh, joy. Can't wait till we can have the floors in those three rooms redone and get rid of the ugly white in the kitchen/utility. I've hated that since the day I saw it in the model home. My back hurts so I may not get the mopping done till tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-Oh, I am unhappy w/ it. He has middle east experience. He was just in a military zone incurring friendly and unfriendly fire. He laughed and said the roof of his room fell in from the vibrations from tanks. I figured I could pray through this and then maybe it would be ok. The world isnt getting to be a safer place. But its not my life and I cant control anything.

Announcement-today is my Dmoms 83rd birthday. I didnt know if it would happen a couple times this year. She just is having a quiet day. Many people at church spoiled her last Sunday. I went to the rescue (w/ her blessing) because I didnt think many would be there. We will see her w/in the next week and fuss over her.
    She already had the sewing machine I had gotten she wanted.

The rescue was busy w/ lots of people but most of them wont qualify to adopt. We dont adopt animals as gifts and people have a hard time understanding why the adoptee must come in w/ their family. And have permission of the apt. building they live in.

Sd-we have had 1099 employment before but a sporadic job not ongoing. Yes it will be annoying but there are no every quarter issues as the full term is 4 months maybe 5 months. Our reported income should be less this year but then more after the severence package bit. I have an acct. I have used for many years.

Met her Bf for 30 sec. today. He isnt a talker he informed me. I got that. I will reserve judgement for later. I will say he has a kind face.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, hope your not getting rain for Christmas. I know some people wouldn't care but I think that would be depressing for me.

pinetree, nope no snow in the forecast for us. Yippee! It will come......... Hope your kitties are safe and warm.

SD, rest!!!! You'll have time to do floors and rearranging later. For now you can use the space as a dance floor!

Well got the cheesecakes done and not a whole lot else. I did take Beastie to the park this morning and it was so nice and peaceful. I wish I could do it every morning. I was thinking when we all show up at SD's next summer, we'll have to play "who's who". I know I have an image in my head of what you all look like but I'm sure it's quite different from what you really do look like! Although everyone will know who I am because I have dibs on the green bike. ..........and the pinball machine
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's snowing here now. I think I vaguely heard on the news this AM while I was still asleep that we're supposed to get four inches, but maybe that was on Superior and not here. I don't know, but it's really coming down.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, well, Merry Christmas to you, pool table gone AND its snowing! could you ask for anything better? Ok I guess you could be feeling better, lol

RABBIT, Yes, My babies are safe and warm, if nothing else I would have portable heaters out there for them!! We have noticed that strays come by and warm up which is fine and dandy as long as they follow the rules.

Rules of the yard, No fighting of an kind, period, Actually they pretty much folllow it. Even the Toms go by it..
    I can't stand the sound of cats fighting! Some of them sound horrible! My Momma cat is a tiny little girl maybe 6 inches tall, just tiny, when someone goes after her she sounds like an elephant in heat! Man its bad!! Now if she's in trouble she comes up by the door, if someones not out.

ILC, been watching all the tornados west of you, boy I hope it keeps going NE, but then don't want people up that way in the path of them either!
    Looks like you are getting alot more rain, which you probably dont need!! Get your waders out !!

FW, Happy Birthday to you dear Mom. I hope to live as long as her!!
    MY DH doesnt talk much either.. I told you , hang on to those farmers!!

News just said another 2 inches of snow for Christmas, enough to freshen everything up, mountains are getting about 2 ft a day! yea! Water for next years garden!!

DH is making curry cookies, my DS and I love them and hes starting to frost them with cream cheese frosting with toasted coconut on top, I HAVE to go eat one and make sure they are ok to eat!! OH, yum, and yep, there goes my blood sugar again, thats ok I will eat an orange later!! lol
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-curry cookies?? thats a new one for me. We have no snow but plenty of mud outside and in!
    Making a big pot of chicken noodle soup. Doing the noodles seperate to see how that goes. Dmom and I were yakking about that the other day. Dinner is obviously going to be late.
    Ds worked his little heart out on the drywall. Not really sure he has a clue but I am so endeared. The house is warmer and I can have a pro do it another time if I want. He is insisting I let him pay for the drywall. I came back from the rescue and he was just going shooting. I hope he will be back for dinner but ya know.

hahaha Dh is off now thru Christmas and DD works tomorrow but has Christmas off. So maybe I'll make the ham and potatoes and hope for the best. I laughed and told Dh-No one is playing Christmas right including me.

Thinking about all of you and I hope things are well.
    Rabbit-I really do wonder what we all look like too. Seems like we are all in about the same age range??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I FINISHED all those financial papers my ex's lawyer is requesting!!! I was going to do it after Christmas but it's been weighing heavy on me since I got it. So this part is great.

The bad part is I had no idea the true cost of running this house (went in on a handicapped accessible house for my terminally ill mom, it would be easier to provide her care, we'd all save money. Then less than a year in, I got sick.). My dad floated me on 2 yrs of taxes, I have a plan to pay him back over 24 months but it is over $500 a month. My COBRA is over $500 a month, not counting meds. Then as of Jan 1, I want to pay 1/2 of all costs but I had no idea the costs of running this house. And when I put in all the numbers, I really cannot afford to live here. I am going to probably have to accept loan forgiveness or something in order to stay here.

I seriously spoke to my parents about getting on the list for low income, disabled housing. Neither want that at all and my father said if I can't pay everything it's ok. But in my head it is so not ok. I was raised by said father to work hard, carry no debt, never depend on a man or borrow money from your parents. So his cutting me slack is completely anathema to his teachings.

How do I reconcile this in my head? I really don't know. Plus, my long term disability policy sucks and if I keep getting it until I get SSDI it will be a miracle. SSDI is $1000 less a month than I am getting now. So I am squirreling away as much as possible in an EF. I never thought anything like this would happen to me. Buy private long term disability, OMG how I wish I had, I thought I was financially savvy, I was a moron for not buying that.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well the 3 girls(2 nieces and my cousins daughter) got stuck here an extra night because of a wind storm......I was super happy with that! 3 days went by sooo fast! I have kinda spoiled them by cleaning up after them. They are not here much so I kinda enjoy it but boy they made a mess everywhere. Finally got the house back in pretty good order today.

I have a picture in my head of what everyone looks like too! Usually I am so far off when I do that though.

Looking forward to a quiet Christmas Eve. Just Hubby and I and the cats of course. Going to candlelight service at 6 pm.

Wishing everyone a great Christmas Eve! Can't believe it is almost here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

TDN-glad you got an extension on spoiling and visiting.

Exhausted. Soup came out well. Just waiting for it to cool. Very windy and wet out.
    My head cant get that tomorrow is Christmas Eve. How did I ever used to do it all.
    The shopping,wrapping,cards,baking and all the crap the school system threw at you. IDK. The outfits for pictures and all the visiting. Time has really kicked my behind. I am going to bed soon and I'm so excited about it.hahahaha!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Morning Everyone, Turning on the lights, coffee is on!

Merry Christamas Eve!!

Hope everyone is warm, ready, safe, healhty and with those they love..

Will be back later when everyone is up!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm up, pinetree! Boy, you must be excited about Christmas! I got up to check the weather. Our weather radio woke us up at 5 a.m. with news of a tornado watch. Thank goodness it's not a warning. 100% chance of thunderstorms today and high in the 70s---truly bizarre. But we're safe.

fw, happy birthday to your mom yesterday! I'm like you----age and energy (or lack of it) have affected how much I do for Christmas.

Okay, since we're all curious about how we'd recognize each other----I have a Southern accent. Does that help anyone?

For Thursday:

1) Bake cheesecake, do prep work on several items, assemble breakfast casserole for fridge, make salad
    2) Set dining room table
    3) Clean bathrooms
    4) Vacuum rugs in dining room and foyer
    5) Mop
    6) Enjoy Christmas Eve

Have a wonderful day, ladies!

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nope that does not help ILC......my pictures in my mind are looks only....total body build and everything though. Never even considered voices.

I have brown hair and brown eyes. I am thinking of not coloring my hair anymore though......if that happens not sure how this gray coming in is going to change my look......I might not recognize myself!

Today I need to wrap my nieces presents, make rolls and breakfast casserole for tomorrow and do lots of laundry. I got off my load a day schedule with the girls here. Want to get the house all reset to for some Christmas lounging.

I am soooo happy we are not having Christmas here! Just going to my parents for dinner tomorrow. They live less than a mile away.

Happy Christmas Eve all. Jesus is the reason for the season! ....which makes me think he did not intended it to turn into this crazy consumer, stress fest, perfect house, tree, food etc. event it has become. Makes me sad to think of how I do not enjoy it anymore and just try to get through it. Need to change my mindset for next year!

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh....I am getting excited to join some new challenges! Waiting to see what pops up before I join more. I already joined one I might back out of....the 12/16/16 debt and savings challenge. I spotted the savers club and think that will more fit my desire. Not sure if that one will start over or just continue on.
    Might join the grocery challenge. I looked at the try new recipes challenge but I already try many new recipes so not much of a challenge. I love Pinterest for new recipes! The menu plan one might be good for me though.Think I will join 20 wishes again too. Fun, fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hear ya on the challenges, TDN. If it's not a challenge then there's not always a point, although it's nice to chat with people sometimes. There are some that wouldn't be a challenge for me either, but challenges are like dog breeds, there are so many so there's something that will suit everyone.

Hope everyone can de-stress and enjoy the holiday today and tomorrow, and next week again. We got errands done and are staying home tomorrow so as not to infect Mom, and will do Christmas next week, so it's all good.

I found one of these at GW today NIB for $30. The box was crushed and the recipe book is missing, but it's still a fair deal for a brand new item. It wasn't a fabulous deal as it turns out since Amazon wants $40, but it sure seems like a great design. Shopko has just the chopper, which is what I'm most interested in, for $25 on sale this week, so for $5 more I'm happy to have the blender too. We were just discussing having purged all our pitchers except one and wondering what to use to mix up extra juice in since we're both sick, and presto, there was the blender with its really nice pitcher. Perfect timing. Amazon.com: Ninja Master Prep (QB1000): Electric Countertop Blenders: Kitchen & Dining

I got one of these for $3 for cutting bars and stuff in the aluminum brownie pan so it doesn't get all scratched with metal knives. That's the theory at this point anyway. Turns out it's a salad chopper, which is okay too. Who knew you could buy a sideways ulu?

Nothing else too exciting today. I'm trying to really watch what gets dragged into this house. I'm very curious to see how well the new chopper works. I have one for my old Kitchen Center that I like a lot, but I know that's on borrowed time too, being as old as it is. So when I saw the Ninja chopper I thought, why not?