2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 265
Page 265 of 271 FirstFirst ... 165215255262263264265266267268 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

TDN-brown/brown plus grey/white w/ that other color well water tints your hair to when it was died (oh dyed) brown. The color wont stick so I bought the Dangyourgrey but need to get a cut again so I can use only 1 box.

Ds is loving Hunty, He wants to take him backand says he's the perfect size.lol
    He hasnt got his next deployment but would love Germany-Mom too.

Hope everyone is having a nice time tonight. Dmom went to dbros. I am working on the pantry.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm doing some prep work the Days for Girls project, which another FV'er posted about elsewhere. It breaks my heart reading about what these girls go through trying to deal with a normal, natural part of life. I can't help all of them, but if I join the ranks with the others who are sewing the kit components for these girls, I can maybe make a positive impact on a few of them. I got both the fabrics in the mail today that I need, so it's getting more interesting to me now. Days for Girls International | Sustainable Feminine Hygiene
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another brown/brown here, but my hair does have caramel/blondish highlights. Without them it's sort of a no-color color. And I wear glasses.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Hope you all have a wonderful, unstressed, happy, fun, exciting day, that will warm your heart forever!

ILC, I'm watching he radar, you stay safe and warm I have a bass tracker and life jackets if you need it. Have fun tomorrow, I will be thinking about you!

TDN, I hope you have a fantastic day with lots of fun and relaxing!

SD, Hope you start feeling better, have a great day in your beautiful roomy home in the woods!!

FW, Enjoy your family! Take care and Hugs

Niko, Thinking about you ole friend, You have a wonderful day without any worries! Hug your family.... and those cute little dogs!

RABBIT, heres hoping you have a beautiful Christmas day with NO snow!! Hugs

Ayanka, Enjoy your 1st Christmas, I hope its wonderful!

And to the rest of you all the best wishes in the world to you..

May all of you be blessed.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

AW geeze, nothing like all of us one here at once!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you're all having a wonderful day.

Husby's clearing out the stereo cabinet so we can move it. I have zero energy. We did try to tighten up the legs on the kitchen table though, but no luck. The table is back in its place now though, after being moved for the pool table to leave. Small progress. I'm mopping the floor a little at a time.

I rounded up some fabric for the Days for Girls project, so it's a start.

It should be a nice peaceful quiet day around here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Merry Christmas, everyone!

pinetree, we had a tornado warning not just for our general area but our specific street yesterday. The local TV stations had all interrupted to cover the situation, our weather radio was blaring, and the radio was directing everyone to take cover. The chief meteorologist on one of the stations lives on our street and when he pinpointed it and another one in the neighborhood I really got concerned so I took my laptop into the downstairs bathroom. DS and DH stayed in the den and watched the TV.It was very fast-moving so within just a little while everything had moved on. We had dark skies, lots of rain, and muggy muggy muggy temps. Then rain stopped till last night when another round of thunderstorms moved in with lots of lightning and thunder and rain. Today it's muggy again and way too warm for Christmas but no rain is expected till Monday. The main damage locally was some street and yard flooding and some trees down. I feel so bad for all the folks in other states that were affected.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day, whether it's quiet, with lots of family, or however you choose to spend it.

For Friday:

1) Set up dining room table
    2) Pull our Christmas dinner together
    3) Enjoy family

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Merry Christmas everyone! Quiet day here......hubby and I opened stockings( that is all the gifts we do for each other.....much less stressful!) Had overnight breakfast casserole( finally found a keeper recipe...yahoo!) and raspberry scones I made yesterday......went for a walk....relaxing......dinner at my parents at 5:30......get to see the nieces

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Scary stuff, ILC. Glad you're okay and no property damage.

TDN, maybe I should hurry up and make our stockings. I like that idea of just doing stockings.

I've been playing with my pinball game and it needs repair. So that's another project, however, I'm pretty happy. I was amazed to find a complete tune-up kit for my particular machine which includes everything I should need to get it back in like-new-condition (mostly) for $36 bucks on eBay. All new parts, of course. Both rubber bumpers broke off the flippers. All the rubber is old and brittle, since it was new in 1977 so that was quite a while ago. I should have quit playing but didn't realize it would damage anything till a piece chipped off one of the flippers. Darn! But that won't have to be replaced, so I'll live with it. It won't even really show. I feel a little bit bad about it though. I used rubber bands to make temporary bumpers and wow, does that ball fly now! I can't wait to get the kit and install all new bumpers on that thing. It should play like new then. I'm so happy about finding a whole kit. I was anticipating hours of meticulously measuring each part and then having to find them all piecemeal, so getting the whole shebang in one package is great. I'm sure, since the flipper bumpers broke, the rest of them won't be far behind. I think the package said there are 24 bumpers in there.

On the bad news front, Husby can't get the TV to work in the family room, so we may have to use the bedroom TV and then buy a new one for the bedroom. And, sadly, we've concluded our 1979 stereo system that takes up half the room would be too costly to fix, so now we'll have to figure out what kind of music system to replace it with. I love that stereo but I'm okay with letting it go, along with all the tapes and albums. I may make something out of the speaker cases. Not sure yet. They're pedestal speakers with a nice walnut veneer. I'll have to give that some thought. They're about four feet tall and might make nice CD storage if I gut them and add shelves. More projects.

OTOH, I'm excited to get the huge stereo cabinet out of the family room.

I guess we're farther away from getting things in order around here than I thought.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Merry Christmas to all. We had a quiet celebration. DD found me the most wonderful set of Olive wood ornaments of the nativity scene and got me the new Stephen King short stories collection,. I had mentioned I have trouble concentrating on large books anymore and tend to avoid starting them. Ds Ebayed a mug from the Kliban cat collection I used to have that he found in England. Then he also got me a bunch of trinkets from Egypt. To my delight Ds grilled chicken,fried bella mushrooms and flipped off some hot dogs.

I was so amused at Hunty. He ate everything he could-dog cookies,hot dog,chicken soup,buns. Just dancing from 1 thing to the next. I rented a movie earlier and he snuggled up for it w/ me. He will take my sweater and stick his nose in it and sleep. I got him a mouse and stuffed rabbit but they are already shredded. The others had a great time but Mackey didnt get a quilt blanket this year and was looking for it.lol

I gifted DD that the car was paid for and gave Ds cash and beer. Hard now that they arent settled in 1 place. Ds said 9 mo. before another deployment and they did finally making him corporal after all the carrot chasing.

Hope everyone is doing well as always.
    ILC-bless God you werent hit. The 23rd I woke up at 3 a.m. to heavy winds,black clouds zooming along and a bright full moon. That was a bit un nerving too.

SD-ripped a lot out of the pantry yesterday. My goal is to get the old food out and all the overlap in the MIL put away.I want at least the center of this room back by end of Jan. DH has really gotten nasty recently about my cluttter. Be glad your DH is on board w/ you instead of my childish hubby.
    Thinking if i want to make much for dinner. I believe I will cook the ham tomorrow along w/ the potatoes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby doesn't have much choice about decluttering anymore, at least the general household stuff. I'm home constantly and I'll lose my mind if I have to face the rest of my life trapped with this mess. So it's going whether he likes it or not. Good luck clearing out your spaces. It's a long, long process, especially if you've let it get out of control like we did.

We found a TV that's supposedly in stock locally (it's a Christmas miracle!) so I guess we'll have to run into town right away tomorrow. I'm hoping between now and then we can box up some of the clutter that got dragged out of the corner of the family room today and donate it. That's exploded into three rooms now. Ugh. Just when I think I have an area under control.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

well,I had done the Living room then decorated for Christmas and then as you remember I had cleared a ton out of the MIL apt. Well,Dh never helps for the most part and was extremely critical of it to Ds because the kitchen bar has stuff (dishes) I need to make decisions about. DD had expressed interest in some of the vintage glassware so I need to do that w/ her then I intend to cull it to near nothing and shift the counter stuff to that cabinet. But yes,not overnight.
    I also got the new mini lawyers bookcase and area cleared and tossed the old one. I took the few H.C. books i have and put them in there too.
    I wish Dh understood running his mouth as I make great efforts only undermines me. I am playing w/ the idea of moving the lg. lawyers bookcase out of the MIL and into the would be dining area. Then shifting the hutch into the MIL corner and bring several tubs of cookbooks too.
    I want to toss the couch out and get twin recliners or at least 1 for the L.R. but Dh didnt go to the store w/ me yet so his gift is the car and no more.
    I have a lot of ideas for 2016. Lets see how many actually play out??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Merry Christmas everyone! We celebrated yesterday with my family and today just lounged around here. Very relaxing. Dh made breakfast burritos this morning and then we had a late lunch/dinner of ham, scalloped potatoes and green beans. DH will be off until Monday so it will be nice to have him home, he usually works around 60-65 hours, 6 days a week so having him home is a treat.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope you all had one memory filled day!!

We are getting ready to eat dinner here, you guys seem so far ahead of me time wise, but we eat around 7pm. and its 6:45, and almost ready!

I keep getting knocked off the computer so just jumping in to say Hi!

Its snowing here!! Anyone still want it?? Well it will look fantastic as we are going to look at lights tonight. I was to pooped last night...

Stay safe and warm..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-send it!! this muddy mess,sunny day Christmas is for crapola.
    Gonna let the dogs out and call it. I am exhausted.