2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 271 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by JKuhns7448 View Post
    My day was a bit better, but I'm really having a hard time getting rid of this headache. I think I'm going to take tomorrow off from the list, too. I think I need to focus on feeling better.
    I understand about the headache - I've had one every day for a week now. That's enough. I'm going to the doctor this morning. I suspect it's my sinuses, even though I have no other symptoms like a stuffy nose, drainage, fever, etc. As a rule, I never have a headache that lasts longer than a day or 2.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Idea! Three things for Pinetree to do!!!

#1 Pinterest. Search recipes, crafts, holidays (that will give you decorating, gift, entertaining type ideas)
    #2 Binge-watch TV, maybe HGTV to inspire you with ideas for things you can do from your chair/direct others to do/do when you're feeling better. Or you can watch House Hunters International and congratulate yourself on not being a total douche like 97% of the people on that show.
    #3 Maybe some kind of craft for charity? My DD11 brought home 2 beautiful little quilts from Project Linus from her last hospital stay. (They were meant for babies, and are a bit small for her, but she loves them and uses them for her dolls now.)

I"ll try to think of more ideas when I"m out today.

Meanwhile, my own list:

- Drop meals off at Sis' house (Hubs is off school for another week, so we're eating at home with him--so I'm just making extra and dropping off leftovers until he goes back to school, then we'll see.)
    - Errands while I'm out (drop stuff at Mom's, grab a few groceries, get some bird seed, pickup prescriptions)
    - Kitty patrol! (I've signed up to do "Hugs and Housekeeping" at our local pet store's charity adoption section. On Wednesdays I get to scoop cat boxes for free, hooray! ;P But I also get to let the cats out and play/cuddle with them if they are willing. The idea is to keep them socialized while they are awaiting adoption.) An endless supply of cute cats and kittens to play with that I don't have to pay to for or let stink up my house!!!

Alright, school was delayed this morning, so I have less time than usual before the kids get back... better get to it!

Sickies feel better, and everyone have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have had a problem posting on this since Sunday will try again.
    Sunday only got one thing done on list that was go to church
    Monday list
    Go bank
    Go post office
    Go buy some groceries and household products
    3/3 done
    Tuesday done laundry
    Wed list
    sweep floors
    do some cooking
    make phone call

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 done today never made the phone calls I needed to make.

Thursday list
    Bake corn muffins
    Make tea
    fill up ice trays
    fold and put away laundry

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Can't seem to make the time to get on here and post my list! Today I did a load of wash and made two meals in between doctor appointments. Of course they were in opposite directions, good thing gas is cheap right now.

Thursday
    1 - Costco for dog food
    2 - vacuum, clean DH bathroom
    3 - exercise

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got Tuesday's list done.

Gone a good bit of today so between that and the cold and wind I haven't done much around the house.

For Thursday:

1) Stay warm (low 17, high 36---these are very very cold temps for us)
    2) Laundry
    3) Finish packing Christmas decorations away
    4) Scrub around the litter box
    5) Rearrange the canned goods shelf of my pantry

Everyone, stay warm and get healthy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think I'm going to abandon this challenge - I just don't think it will work well for me. But be assured I am cheering the rest of you on!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another one of those days! After finally getting to sleep at around 3:00AM, Hubby wakes me at 5:30 to ask me to take the little dog to the Vet. He hurt himself somehow when he went out this morning and was crying and not walking around. So I carried the little fatty to the car and into the Vet. He strained the joint of his hip, most likely by slipping on the ice, so he's on pain meds for a few days. He's being very sleepy cuddly now.

Hubby is starting to feel better, but his tummy is still sensitive so I made a huge pot of chicken noodle soup. There's lunch in the freezer for 2 weeks! I made just a bit too much...like 2 gallons too much. I do have a couple of nieces who will love some of Aunt Jen's homemade soup for lunch.

My headache is finally subsiding! I can function almost normally now. Yay!!!

Tomorrow:

1. Clean out the fridge freezer.
    2. Make grocery list.
    3. Install new printer. I got it for Christmas, I guess I should install it.

Have a great day, Everyone! Stay warm and safe.

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to the dr. yesterday about my week-long headache. As I suspected, bad sinus infection. Got antibiotics and decongestant.
    Still have a headache this morning, but I can feel the decongestant doing its thing.

It's supposed to be really cold today. Right now it's 13 degrees. For the Deep South, that's cold! The high for today is only 35.
    That's a perfect day to turn on the self-cleaning oven!

So, for today:
    1. Clean oven (just turned it on)
    2. Do a couple of loads of laundry
    3. Sit around and nurse my headache!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Don't need to go anywhere today. I think I'm just going to snuggle up and enjoy this cold winter day. My goals for today are:
    1. work on organizing office
    2. cook dinner
    3. relax

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My three for today are:

1) Wash, dry and fold 1 load of laundry
    2) Make pork buns for dinner
    3) Prep strawberries for freezer (for smoothies)

Bonus task: read today's chapter for my book club

Stay warm, everyone!

Kind regards,

Sally

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SallyC - great to see you back!

wjcalderon, hope the meds kick in quickly

Jen, poor little dog! When I first started reading your post I thought "ACL tear". Glad it wasn't that. There is so many places in my yard where the puddles have now froze that I fear one of mine will get hurt too. Hope your little one feels better soon.

I'm going to jump the gun and call it 3/3 today. I still have to exercise but I plan on doing that after dinner. If I don't, I'll confess.

Tomorrow I have the day off so I get to stay home and not go out in the snow and cold. Very happy about that! I made a jumbo bowl of salad today, I want to start to get back in the habit, we used to have salad with dinner 5-6 nights a week.

Friday
    1 - cut up veggies for snacking
    2 - dust spare bedrooms and living room, wash floors
    3 - exercise
    4 - read, read and read some more!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2.5/3 today. I started to install the new printer and found a part of the cord missing. It's a 2 piece power cord and one is not there. So I have to contact HP and get a replacement. The little guy is doing just great today, he's not crying at all and is walking and running around like normal. It's a relief to see him doing well. I don't know why, but it seems like the little one is always getting into scrapes that the big guy just breezes past.

Got a half dozen butter croissants for half price today, I think they'll make lovely breakfast sandwiches for the freezer. Hubby loves them!

Tomorrow:

1. Contact HP and get them to send my missing piece.
    2. Make up sandwiches and some hand pies for the freezer.
    3. Pull out some craft books and see if there's anything I want to work on this Winter. I haven't been crafting at all, lately, and I miss it.

Have a great day, Everyone! Stay safe and warm.

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
    My three for today are:

1) Wash, dry and fold 1 load of laundry
    2) Make pork buns for dinner
    3) Prep strawberries for freezer (for smoothies)

Bonus task: read today's chapter for my book club

Stay warm, everyone!

Kind regards,

Sally
    Okay, I got that stuff done. It took a lot of time to make those pork buns. But they sure were worth it! A soft steamed bun with savory pork, shitake and bamboo shoot filling inside. I made a double batch hoping for some to freeze.

A store near me had strawberries on sale for $0.99 per pound. I bought 5 pounds. I've been thinking that I want to freeze my own fruit for smoothies to avoid paying a higher price per pound with pre-frozen. I tried blueberries last week. It was a big success. Perhaps I'll freeze up all those extra sale bananas I got a few days ago as well.

Stay warm and have a lovely evening, everyone.

Thanks for the welcome back, RABBIT!

Kind regards,

Sally

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tut-tut, Sally... Don't you know you can't talk about food that yummy sounding without sharing the recipe???

Let's see... 3/3 yesterday. The two new cats at the adoption center were adorable... I'd be surprised if they aren't adopted by the end of the weekend. One is a mostly white cat with orange patches, and the other is a small-for-the-breed (so, basically, only slightly larger than a regular cat) Maine Coon Cat. He is absolutely beautiful and so sweet. I am proud of myself for not stealing him and bringing him home! (It helps that there is a video camera that would show me doing it...)

Today I took DD11 to the Dr and ground up/froze the beef I bought yesterday. Then I ground up the fat I'd trimmed off and made a suet ball for the birds with some bits and bobs from the pantry.

Tomorrow:
    Dare I even attempt to predict???
    -Make a menu for the rest of the month
    -Clean the floor in the upstairs bathroom, where 3 rabbits are running amok due to the temps outside
    -Try to have a little bit of quiet before the weekend comes and the monsters all come home and trash the place...