2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 35
Page 35 of 271 FirstFirst ... 25323334353637384585135 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Be careful, Pinetree. We need you around here!

The new cabinet just got better. I went in to paint the inside and discovered the sides are oak plywood on both sides and the insides have already been varnished. Only the backs and shelves are unfinished. I painted the underside of the top, and the back of the top section since I already had started them. I'll put another coat or two on those but the rest of it I'm not going to bother. No one will see the backs of the spaces, and I'll be putting vinyl tiles on the shelves so wasn't planning to paint them anyway. So yea, my work load just decreased significantly! I'll be very happy to start moving into this new big space.

I guess one of my to-do's today includes rounding up the sticky tiles to put on the shelves. I was going to glue down some sheet vinyl, but decided to save that for bigger projects. I have lots of extra sticky tiles so might as well use up some of those.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, that is so scary. You MUST do what the dr says! Please please please!

SD, you have been really lucky with the cabinet. Yea!

Jen, hope you feel better soon.

fw, have fun being alone for a while. It's one of my favorite things.

Well, let's just not talk about what I did this weekend...it wasn't much....maybe this week will be better.

For Monday:

1) Appointment DONE
    2) Quick trip for a few things at grocery store DONE
    3) Clean up a bit
    4) Deal with all the clean laundry
    5) Deal with cable company DONE
    6) Figure out where to move printer
    7) Plan meals for Easter weekend

Have a good day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I added sticky tiles to two shelves and moved some stuff into the new cabinet. I LOVE IT! Tons of space. I may add a shelf to the old TV space, since it doesn't need to be that tall to just put towels in now that I can lay the towels so much more flat than on the old wire shelf that was only half as deep.

The cabinet is across the hall from the washer/dryer and we don't have any space to store the clothes baskets. They've always just sat on the floor in the bathroom in front of the old wire shelves. But I put one of them into the bottom space in the new cabinet, and it looks like both of them will fit in there. Perfect! That whole area is going to look so much better and less cluttered. It's about the first thing people see when they walk in that side door, which is our most-used entrance, so this is going to be such a huge improvement.

Gotta decide what to do about curtains in that open space. I'm sure I have something I can use without having to buy something.

Yup, pretty darn lucky to have finally found that cabinet! I've found a very few cabinets in the past that would fit in that spot, but it was always stuff like a microwave cart that wasn't tall enough or deep enough. It's just so weird that we found this one, and it was so nice.

We're lucky today, too. Husby overheard the clerk at GW telling another customer the tag color for half price starting today. It was the same color tag on a brand new, in the box paper shredder that micro-cuts the docs. I've been telling him to buy it for a couple weeks but the box was taped shut and for some reason, he thought that meant maybe it wasn't a shredder in the box. I don't get that but whatever. So Saturday he asked for the box to be opened. We were both shocked to see that not only was the shredder in there, but it still had all the factory packaging and had clearly never been used! I told him not to take a chance and to get it Saturday. But he had a cheap attack and didn't want to pay $25. This morning he took his work break early and was standing by the door when GW opened. And the shredder was still there! He got it for $12.50. He's been searching for a while online and at Office Max and Best Buy, where he could have gotten something comparable for $90-$150, so we're pretty happy he didn't buy one retail. This is such a great savings! I would have bought it Saturday though, since even at $25 it was quite a bargain. He said there were people waiting when he got to GW, in three cars. So he hotfooted it up to the door and stood there so he could be first. I asked if the other people were there for the shredder. He said, "I don't know." Then he just laughed and said, "I don't care." ~cackle~ Maybe we're bad people but since he got it fair and square and didn't mow down any little old ladies or anything to get to it first, I can't help but feel the same way.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - way to go on the cabinet and shredder, good deals for sure!

pinetree, you are going to have to add "eat" to your lists! Please take care of yourself.

fw - are you in the path of the snow for tomorrow? .........spring in Michigan!

Well boarder dog has gone home!! Yippee! They picked him up yesterday and already my house seems so much more relaxed. I've had my couch covered for the past 3 months so it was exciting to see it again. We lost power last night due to high winds and I couldn't fall back asleep because I was trying to work out in my head what to do about work today if it didn't come back on. We are on a well, so no power, no water. I need a shower in the morning! Luckily it came back on before DH got up for work so all was well, except that I'm exhausted from lack of sleep. Will catch up tonight.

Today
    1 - dailies
    2 - boil eggs (done)
    3 - menu plan for week

Tuesday
    1 - dailies
    2 - drop of stuff at moms
    3 - put together pen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-probably I dont know anymore. Looking forward to Thurs at 63. Better happen.

Went another way. Used my kitchen aide mixer to make muffins
    Never got to anything else. Well ran the DW,
    I think tuna sand. for dinner for DH.
    I'll do more if my feet settle down. Cant wait to lose the next 20#. Hope it helps thepoor feet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

0/3 today. I got things done, just not the things on my list. I fixed the leg on the coffee table.(it was wobbly) Went and picked up a prescription for Hubby, and put my seedlings outside for a while to start hardening them off. Honestly, I just didn't feel like doing the list. I think I'm coming down with a bit of Spring Fever!

Pinetree, be very careful with your blood sugar. You can pass out if things go really low and that can be all kinds of trouble. Voice of experience...just be careful, OK?

Tomorrow:

1. Clean out and wash the litter boxes.
    2. Dust the electronics. I'm thinking of adding this to my dailies once a month.
    3. Update and print my med list. I forgot all about doing this after my last visit to the doc.

Have a fabulous day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looking at the general situation of the room today, it is probably time to get back. No things aren't out of control yet. However, I do see that coming in the near future if I don't make it an attention point.

My 3 for today:
    1. Go to the library and get the papers printed.
    2. Go to the bank and get a cheque.
    3. Clean the floor.

Pinetree, my dad is a type 1 diabetic. I have seen him having low blood sugar attacks since I was little. It did have a major effect on his health though, so please be careful eating. If you need to go to a diabetic dietician to help you balance your meals. Further if you do get a low blood sugar attack, you could drink a high sugary beverage. My dad uses the cola of the original coca cola company, because it is said to go fastest to your blood. Another one he uses (when the urgency is a bit less) is (over) ripe bananas. Please note my dad was in his early 30s when he got diabetes, he can more or less predict what he needs to do now, for you doing the same might not be a good idea, so please take my 'advice' with caution. Btw do you have Glucagon in the house? It has the opposite effect of insulin and can only be given by a nurse inhere, but if your attacks are that bad, I think you should have it on you.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, you okay?

SD, that cabinet sounds perfect.

Ayanka, welcome back!

fw, stay safe in the snow.

RABBIT, glad you got the water back.

Jen, isn't spring great?

Got Monday's list done.

For Tuesday:

1) Mop
    2) Pick up accident report from DD's fender bender (not her fault----other driver was cited, and minimal damage to her car)
    3) Sweep screened porch
    4) Make list of greeting cards to buy at Dollar Tree
    5) Enjoy Spring

Have a wonderful day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-4". Dang it.
    Ayanka-that is not good advice here. If her sugar dips we can buy sugar pills for diabetes. Coke is like liquid candy. even a bit of juice is better.
    Monitoring w/ a meter is the best way to see whats going on.
    I take my sugar 3x a day and more when I am ill. Senior centers frequently have visiting nurses w/ Diabetes management clinics.

to do
    get a shower
    vet for pills
    make bread and chili
    possibly go to the gym
    work on either the pantry or the other side of the breakfast area
    any of this will be fine today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw - yeah, we got about 4" too. When I got home from work I noticed it's about half gone. Wish it would melt faster. It was beautiful though this morning although driving to work was tricky.

2/3 today, I don't think I'm going to use the pen, still have to decide.

Wednesday
    1 - dailies
    2 - library
    3 - take beastie to park and work on leash walking

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It was pretty-pretty I'm so over it though. We have melted a lot too.

Made a huge pot of HM chili
    went to S.A. and filled in a bunch of stuff I needed for very little

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 today, but I'm getting a migraine. I can tell because of the halos. I'm not in a lot of pain right now and I'm hoping the medicine will head it off and I won't be down tomorrow.

My neighbor stopped by with 2.5 pounds of pecan halves. I put them in the freezer and gave her my pecan pie recipe. What a nice surprise! She works in a food service company and always thinks of me when she gets windfalls like this. I'm very lucky to have such nice neighbors!

Tomorrow: (if I can)

1. Clear a space in my chest freezer. I'm getting a Zaycon order on Thursday.
    2. Check and update calendar for April.
    3. Reset dining room and get it ready for Easter dinner.

Have a great day, Everyone!

Jen
    Last edited by JKuhns7448; 03-31-2015 at 07:07 PM. Reason: punctuation error

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, Thanks for the info, my Dr told me last week with the flu it was ok to sip on a coke so thats what I did It worked. I told My Dr. today and he wants my other Dr to drop my pill from 1/2 to a 1/4 and see if that helps.

ilc, I am just fine, just learning how to adjust to things changing and getting better or worse So glad your daughter is OK!!

Jen,, so glad you are up and feeling good, hope it keeps up! I'm trying to be careful, I never want to go thru that again!
    edit, we got chicken today!, Hope you get rid of you headache How lucky are you pecans!! I'm green with envy!!

RABBIT, it was almost 80 today, sorry, but oh my was it ever nice!! We do have snow on the way tho

FW, your chili sounds good, Thanks for looking out for me

SD, I really dont know how a person can get any luckier than you guys lately!!

My Surgeon today ordered a pulmonary test to see if I can get rid of my oxygen, yippppee'
    And talk to my other DR about cutting my diabetic pill from1/2 to 1/4! Yipee again

I need to think about and decide if I want ) put in, (ICD) difibrillator, 1 day stay in hospital, 2 hr surgery..

It will shock me back to life like the paddles on tv, he said it will be like being hit with a baseball or can knock you off your feet feet,uummm.. thats gotta hurt. ,,,But will bring me back to life if my heart stops. have to think about this, think I will go with choose life. I remember my Dad had a DNR... just kinda weird I am choosing the opposite.
    My heart has healed alittle it went from 15-20% function , ,now I have 20-25%, and thats probably where it will stay.

Anyway, I have to start all over again, I lost the muscle etc I had, with getting sick so am starting back at square one..

wed
    get dressed, make bed
    make my breakfast, taka pills
    check grocery sales

I hope you all have a wonderful day, I am thinking about all of you! Hugs..
    Last edited by pinetree; 03-31-2015 at 08:07 PM.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-thats not anything like they told my Dmom. But they tested it at the office last week. If it malfunctions the alarm goes off. It sounds like a British ambulance.
    Dmom didnt like that.

Got the chili put away and the DW going,the stove wiped down. I am pooped.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Guys, Hope everyone is doing great!

FW, this thing they want to do is Not like your Mom got, this goes on the bottom of the heart, your Mom's goes on the top. WHat he told me yesterday is I am in heart failure. This is to keep my heart beating. I may or may not ever have the shock, but then it could got the other way. This is called a Implantable Cardioverter Defilrillator (ICD)

I got some good sleep last night, got up to bright warm sunshine and open windows. Weighted myself and had a big surprise, I have lost almost 50 pounds!! Wow
    lol Aprils fools Day folks!!

Enjoy your day, have some fun!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.