2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 40
Page 40 of 271 FirstFirst ... 30373839404142435090140 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope everyone is feeling better. Jen, especially you with your fribro.

For Saturday:

1) Check supplies for day trip/picnic tomorrow DONE
    2) Errands DONE
    3) Cook/pack as much as possible for tomorrow

Have a good day, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We unexpectedly hauled trash today, so that's done for a few weeks now. I woke up early and remembered the forecast is for warm weather, which meant the trash would be a reeking mess if we let it all thaw out, so I mentioned it to Husby, who had had the same thought. We're glad that's done and it wasn't a bad job since it was still cold enough out.

Ended up spending a bunch of money on this and that. Way too much snack food made it into the house. Oh, well.

I think we're going to relax this weekend and maybe grill something. We were talking about shuffling trailers into their summer positions but maybe not.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jen, hoping you have a better week next week.

ilc, a picnic?! How fun! Enjoy yourselves.

Only got 2/3 done today but I got a lot of other stuff done so I'm happy. I even got to spend some time outside today as we had a beautiful spring day here. I sat outside on my swing for awhile just watching the dogs play and then after dinner DH and I took 2 of them to the park. We are fortunate to have such nice parks by us.

Sunday
    1 - change sheets, laundry
    2 - work on desk for 20 minutes (try again)
    3 - pay bills, write letter

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

started out good w/ a DW run and making a huge breakfast for DD and DH
    also sorted some of the food that needed processing
    Then a nap hit as I didn't sleep well last night

onward
    goal is to do 1 pantry shelf and get all the bottles of juice out of the kitchen/appliance area.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi all! Been reading back and only on page 16 and now there are at least 40 pages. Pinetree hope when I continue reading that everything is going well with the physical therapy. Everyone else please take care of yourselves and when your body says it's done enough listen to it.

Today so far
    One load washed
    One load going into dryer
    One load plus put away
    Bed stripped but not new sheets yet
    Unload a bunch of clothes from laying on my nightstand that had been there awhile

Still want to do today
    Unload dishwasher
    Reload dishwasher
    Wash pots and pans which I do by hand
    Clean stove top
    Wipe down the outside of fridge
    Use the stainless cleaner stuff on all the appliances in the kitchen. They really really need it.

If I get this done I have more on my list. Everything is just about beyond me. SO far behind.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

NikoSan - welcome! I find this challenge to be a great motivator.

Another beautiful day! Hope you all are enjoying your weekend. 2.5/3 today, I just can't get in the mood to write the letter to my sponsor child. Will put that back on the list sometime this week.

Monday
    1 - dailies
    2 - grocery shop
    3 - work on flower beds (weather permitting)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yea! It's pouring rain! Wish the wind would give it a rest, but you can't have everything. At this rate the ice will be off the lake in a couple days. Ice is piling up in our cove, but there's a lot of open water today farther out from shore.

I boiled eggs today since we suddenly have so many, made egg salad, made fruit salad, made Jell-O to use up some bananas that need to be used, chopped up some veggies to use tomorrow to make my WW breakfasts, and generally used up a bunch of food before it goes bad.

Worked on a jigsaw puzzle which I haven't done in years. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to finish it. It's taking longer than expected.

Looked over the 'new' backer for the entertainment center but decided not to cut it since the wind is so fierce today. But at least now I have a plan.

Reread a bunch of a CJ Box book. Still can't put it down, even though I know how it turns out.

Basically I haven't done much at all today. I like it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Back to the grind! The weekend was productive and fun...I love my gardens! The sunshine made things so much better for me this weekend, I hope it keeps up.

Tomorrow:

1. Go to Sharp Shopper for monthly stock up.(discount grocery store)
    2. Put groceries away.
    3. Water the new plants.
    4. Maybe a little sewing.

Have a fantastic day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We contemplated a potential space in the cat run for an 8x2 raised garden bed. It looks like we'd have to move a bunch of rock, so I'm not sure it's possible. I sure hope so though. I've been busily saving milk jugs, water jugs, and two liter pop bottles in anticipation of needing them to fill up the bottom of the raised bed to save money on dirt, since the raised bed would be two feet tall and filling all of it would be a waste of dirt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

made the chicken used up some pork and beans instead of making rice
    emptied the Dw and refilled
    cleaned a bit in the pantry and haul out 4 more bags of "stuff"
    Sat on my deck in the excellent sunshine

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi, NikoSan!

Jen, so glad you are benefiting from the sunshine.

Everybody, keep up the good work.

Great time yesterday, the trip was good, the picnic was delicious and a great change from fast-food trip food, and now it's back to a rainy and stormy week. NOTHING but rain/thunder for the next 7 days. At this rate we should have lots of growth of our shrubs and plants.

For Monday:

1) Mop kitchen and breakfast room
    2) Put away some clean laundry
    3) Reset den
    4) Plan weekly menus

Taking it easy today. I fainted yesterday on our trip and feel a bit peaky still. I think it was because I hadn't had enough to drink and it got very humid and bam, there I went. DH caught me and park rangers brought me water and an ice pack and after a while I was able to continue. But still have a headache.

Have a good day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, scary stuff! Do you carry a water bottle? We've found them to be essential when we go anywhere.

When we travel, I fill a 56-oz Bubba Keg with ice, water, and a slice of lemon every morning for each of us. We use straws because it seems like we drink more when sipping through straws, and it's easier than tipping a big mug in front of your face while driving, too. Luckily for us, both Bubbas sit nicely on the center consul of our truck. We carry eleven one-liter stainless steel bottles of water for refills of our water and the dogs' water bowls, and refill those as needed. Nine of them are corralled in a cloth carry bag. We used to just keep pop in a cooler in the back of the truck. Consequently, we went through the whole sugar high/crash cycle all the time and since carbonated beverages are also dehydrating, we often didn't feel the best either, not good on a road trip. So I switched us over to the the Bubbas and water instead of so much carbonated stuff. It's worked out great. We no longer carry cases of pop along, so we save a lot of space in the cooler and elsewhere. We feel much better and are a lot less tired on trips. For a two week trip now, we fill the bottom layer of our 100-quart cooler with a layer of pop, diet pop, and beer (not for drive time, of course!) and usually come home with some left over. This has been a major shift for Husby the pop addict. I NEVER thought I'd be able to switch him from drinking pop almost exclusively on a trip, and never thought he'd give up bringing along a million spare cans. But even he clearly sees now how much better we feel drinking water. We now spend about $30/two weeks on ice which is used mostly for the Bubbas, but for our health we feel it's well worth it. Being sick while traveling is no fun at all. Not a lecture at all, just saying what's worked for us.

We both get lightheaded in hot weather now due to meds we take, so I can understand the bad feeling. I hope you're all better very soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post
    Hi all! Been reading back and only on page 16 and now there are at least 40 pages. Pinetree hope when I continue reading that everything is going well with the physical therapy. Everyone else please take care of yourselves and when your body says it's done enough listen to it.

Today so far
    One load washed
    One load going into dryer
    One load plus put away
    Bed stripped but not new sheets yet
    Unload a bunch of clothes from laying on my nightstand that had been there awhile

Still want to do today
    Unload dishwasher
    Reload dishwasher
    Clean stove top
    Use the stainless cleaner stuff on all the appliances in the kitchen. They really really need it.

If I get this done I have more on my list. Everything is just about beyond me. SO far behind.
    All things considered I did pretty well with this yesterday. I forgot about remaking the bed and hubs did it when he went to bed. Got the dishwasher unloaded and not only reloaded but washed. Now THOSE have to be unloaded. I also got more than the one load of laundry done. Think it was 4. Also dried and actually put away for a change and NOT piled on that couch down there. Also put away or threw away a lot on the end of the counter that wasn't on the list. Plus cleared off a bunch off a chair that had been piled for awhile. I wish there were homes for everything and not just moved from place to place.
    From that list I still need to:

Clean stove top

Adding to that:
    Take one dog to get nails trimmed. Hate paying for it but there's no way I can do either one of them. Not even one nail at a time.
    Put away more clothes that are still on that couch I talked about before. They just keep coming out of the dryer and getting thrown there. Everyone is guilty of it. I did get a lot of them put away yesterday which wasn't on my list.
    MAYBE clear off more kitchen counter. It's a catch all due to lack of space here.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

cleaned and cleared 1 more shelf in the pantry and it will be big juice bottles
    Vacumning and have filled 2 garbage bags and dumped the XL cup to the vacumn 3x. This is the clutter room for overflow and the pets hang here. It floors me how the mind tricks the eye into ignoring things. Spring cleaning has begun!! Zyrtec for ME.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/4 today. No sewing. I did stop in at the fabric store and spent $40 on $135 worth of stuff. Lots of iron on rhinestones I can use for teen and tween gifts. I also got a huge roll of 1" wide velcro and some nice trims. I want to go back tomorrow and pick up some of the felt I put back today. I think I'll call and see if my niece wants to go along. I could really go overboard here.

We had to replant and cover the sunflower seeds. The squirrels must have seen me planting them, because they were all dug up and gone this morning. Hubby stapled some screening over the boxes. We'll pull it off when the plants are established.

Tomorrow:

1. Go to the fabric store.
    2. Dehydrate some of the bananas that don't seem very popular this week.
    3. Blanch, Shred and dehydrate some potatoes.
    4. Water plants.
    5. Find and plant my catnip seeds. I can't remember where I put the packet.

Have a wonderful day, Everyone!

Jen